PDA

View Full Version : Rally towels at Cardinals game?

rolenmvp
08-02-2010, 07:39 AM
that they would be handing out rally towels at the game against the cardinals, whether they do it or not is remained to be seen but, said they wanted a playoff atmosphere there monday night of next week. all I got to say is this will be one of the biggest series of the year, this game will have playoff implications and it will be like a first round playoff game in the nfl, where you don't want to leave your tv set unless you have to use the restroom.

I am trying to get tickets right now for that whole series. btw GO REDS!!!!!!!! time for some fortune to go our way for once, cardinals have had it for a couple of years maybe more, it's time we get this NL Central and for somebody new to win it. back to work...have a great day guys!!:beerme:

LarkinForever
08-02-2010, 08:59 AM
Excellent! :)

GIDP
08-02-2010, 09:01 AM
I certainly hope not

redsfan_12
08-02-2010, 09:57 AM
I certainly hope not

Why not?

GIDP
08-02-2010, 11:33 AM
Because the towels are annoying

10xWSChamps
08-02-2010, 03:03 PM
A hostile playoff atmosphere would be good practice for the Cardinals

redsrolen
08-02-2010, 04:17 PM
A hostile playoff atmosphere would be good practice for the Cardinals

I think it would be good practice for us too! Get the young guys in the play-off atmosphere! Towels are annoying, but if we play the Cardinals at their place, they will have them, so our guys could get use to them!

Go REDS!!!!:thumbup::redcap:

sabometrics
08-02-2010, 07:37 PM
I'm not a fan of the towels, but they do serve their purpose - to get the crowd involved. If its a one time thing (be it game or series), that's cool, but I don't want to see those things be come commonplace at the stadium.

mroby85
08-02-2010, 09:20 PM
I'm not a fan of the towels, but they do serve their purpose - to get the crowd involved. If its a one time thing (be it game or series), that's cool, but I don't want to see those things be come commonplace at the stadium.

I love it, I've always pictured GABP in my head with rally towels or thundersticks in a playoff atmosphere. I don't find it annoying at all, I think the players feed off the atmosphere. Love the idea!

Reds
08-02-2010, 10:09 PM
When you watch Japanese baseball, and observe how each player gets a unique song made that's sung the entire at bat (even if you're down 10).. the rally towel seems like a joke. :p:

1990REDS
08-02-2010, 11:53 PM
I love it, I've always pictured GABP in my head with rally towels or thundersticks in a playoff atmosphere. I don't find it annoying at all, I think the players feed off the atmosphere. Love the idea!

Don't forget the rally monkey!

Magdal
08-03-2010, 01:32 AM
The towels won't be nessesary....the Cards will not win more than 1 game, if that. But I like the idea of it. Get the fans in to it!

08-03-2010, 01:40 AM
Why not?

Because we are not in Cleveland! (or Pittsburgh) :cool:

Girevik
08-03-2010, 11:20 AM
Maybe not as big a deal as in a football game, but I'd rather have the fans using their hands to clap and make noise rather than waving a towel. Seems to me a deafening stadium is more intimidating than the waving towels.

ian_madden
08-03-2010, 12:02 PM
I want to have a "black out" or "paint the stadium red" night when they give out 40,000 black or red shirts. The red shirts won't hold as much water as black since were playing the cards. What do you think? This was VERY COOL at the UC football game.

GIDP
08-03-2010, 12:33 PM
I want to have a "black out" or "paint the stadium red" night when they give out 40,000 black or red shirts. The red shirts won't hold as much water as black since were playing the cards. What do you think? This was VERY COOL at the UC football game.

White and black shirts. When the cardinals are in the field everyone turns their back displaying the white side. When the Reds are in the field everyone faces forward and exposed the black side.

arkimadee
08-03-2010, 12:36 PM
i think we should have rally garden gnomes!!!!

bounty37h
08-03-2010, 02:30 PM
When you watch Japanese baseball, and observe how each player gets a unique song made that's sung the entire at bat (even if you're down 10).. the rally towel seems like a joke. :p:

I dont know, having a song sung for you during an entire at bat seems like a joke to me.

mroby85
08-03-2010, 02:59 PM
I dont know, having a song sung for you during an entire at bat seems like a joke to me.

I agree, japanese baseball is a joke.

bounty37h
08-04-2010, 11:47 AM
I do enjoy going to USA Baseball games and watching the other cultures and how their fans enjoy games, but singing entire songs during and at-bat seems too college girls softball to me...