PDA

View Full Version : Pitching for Cards series...

Rockermann
08-03-2010, 12:09 PM
From a Jamie Ramsey tweet:

Bring it RT @ECPjohnmartin (javascript:processAJAX('gadget.asp','ECPjohnmarti n','1','8','','')): Card rotation being tweaked to allow Carpenter, Wainwright, Garcia to pitch series at Cincinnati

I wonder if the Reds will do the same?

Griffey012
08-03-2010, 12:13 PM
From a Jamie Ramsey tweet:

Bring it RT @ECPjohnmartin (javascript:processAJAX('gadget.asp','ECPjohnmarti n','1','8','','')): Card rotation being tweaked to allow Carpenter, Wainwright, Garcia to pitch series at Cincinnati

I wonder if the Reds will do the same?

Are they gonna tweak it so they find replacements for their entire bullpen?

brm7675
08-03-2010, 12:13 PM
I don't see Dusty doing anything, A) Because he woulnd't know how, and B) he doesn't need to.

Rockermann
08-03-2010, 12:15 PM
Are they gonna tweak it so they find replacements for their entire bullpen?

Doubt it. But, let's hope there's no complete game shutouts in the cards (pardon the pun).

If we do counter, who would we rack up to go against those three?

ian_madden
08-03-2010, 12:16 PM
Who do we throw against them if we "tweak" the rotation? I'm going with Cueto, Bronson, Leake. And those are my playoff starters as well.

RedsFanInBama
08-03-2010, 12:18 PM
Leake isn't going to be doing anything in the playoffs. His innings are already too high and he's been getting hit harder and harder his last few times out.

I don't know what our rotation will be, but I hope by "tweaking" his rotation, he screws himself out of some wins against Florida.

Biff Pocoroba
08-03-2010, 12:20 PM
I would be at a loss to tell you which three among Leake, Wood, Arroyo and Cueto would be preferable against the Cards. And to be honest, part of me thinks that Edson is this close to being dominant again.

My gut says stick with the rotation as it would normally fall, and let the Cards be the ones to adjust to us.

GIDP
08-03-2010, 12:26 PM
I honestly dont care. This reds team could light up the cardinals and blow the next 3 just as easily as the Cardinals could sweep then lose their next 3.

brm7675
08-03-2010, 12:29 PM
Since it's only a 3 game series, unless 1 team sweeps, no real gain is made if Team X wins 2 out of 3. I don't rock the boat at this point.

Magdal
08-03-2010, 12:30 PM
Since it's only a 3 game series, unless 1 team sweeps, no real gain is made if Team X wins 2 out of 3. I don't rock the boat at this point.Agreed.

arkimadee
08-03-2010, 12:47 PM
at this pace it would be Leake, Cueto and Arroyo for the three game set against the cards

Reds
08-03-2010, 12:54 PM
If I remember correctly the Cards tweaked it weeks ago to assure Carpenter would pitch the opener of the series, so I don't know why it still need to be tweaked.

Redeye fly
08-03-2010, 01:00 PM
Leake isn't going to be doing anything in the playoffs. His innings are already too high and he's been getting hit harder and harder his last few times out.

I don't know what our rotation will be, but I hope by "tweaking" his rotation, he screws himself out of some wins against Florida.

This.

Honestly, it's just kind of nice that he sees the Reds as that much of a threat that he's doing a playoff style setting of his rotation for an early August series.

I also don't think we should mess with ours. Number 1, I don't know if we have an obvious top 3 like that. And that's both a good thing and not so good thing. I don't think we have that obvious top of the rotation guy like a Carpenter or Wainwright who's established himself as giving you that type of consistency start after start basically where you can expect 7-8 innings and a minimal amount of runs. Arroyo probably comes the closest but he can throw some clunkers too.

But what we do have are 5 guys capable of more often than not keeping us in striking distance every time they take the hill. Volquez is obviously still trying to work out some kinks, but hopefully he can build off the "success" of his start Sunday.

You almost never go into a Reds game fearful these days that the opponent is going to have 6 runs piled up against you by the third or fourth inning. Obviously, it's capable of happening, but it isn't as likely as it used to be. So I say just let the rotation ride and hope the bats can do enough.

redsfan_12
08-03-2010, 01:02 PM
I would like to see Cueto, Arroyo, and Wood.

arkimadee
08-03-2010, 01:07 PM
at this point i'd wanna see Wood start game 1 against Carpenter.. he's the hot hand right now

realistic
08-03-2010, 02:17 PM
I would like to see Cueto, Arroyo, and Wood.

looks perfect to me

lidspinner
08-03-2010, 02:17 PM
as much as I hate TLR, this is what you do when you are trying to win a div....in order to win it, the path goes right smack on the banks of the Ohio River and TLR understands this better than most......our hopes is that he puts so much attention on the Reds that his team falters against every other team they face....I still like this move if I am a cards fan, if I am a Reds fan this just fuels the coals that are burning....this is the start of a major showdown and final run at the Central.....I am more stoked now after reading this than I was yesterday.....lets get their best and beat their best and show them our best....

I am buzzed from all this, this is the 1st August in years that football takes a back seat to the Reds.