PDA

View Full Version : Manny to Cincinnati? Doc likes it

arkimadee
08-03-2010, 02:05 PM
http://cincinnati.com/blogs/daugherty/2010/08/03/the-morning-line-83/

I can't say I disagree. The Reds need a bat. I also like the mention of Jose Guillen.

Moosie52
08-03-2010, 02:08 PM
God no.

markymark69
08-03-2010, 02:13 PM
Doc Rodgers (WLW) talked about it on Saturday on extra innings as well. Not sure I like it. Although I think they are going to have to address the outfield situation soon.

I really think had David DeJesus not broken his hand, he would be a Red right now and perhaps some of these questions would be answered.

BringDownMugabe
08-03-2010, 02:15 PM
I'd do it in a second. People complain how God-awful our outfield is, well here's an opportunity to turn a weakness into a strength (not to mention get Gomes out of the lineup).

brm7675
08-03-2010, 02:16 PM
A) Doc is a fool
B) Why would you want a broken down ex PED player past his prime and overpaid?

arkimadee
08-03-2010, 02:18 PM
A) Doc is a fool
B) Why would you want a broken down ex PED player past his prime and overpaid?
because a broken down ex PED player has 2 world series rings and is a much bigger threat at the plate than Stubbs, Gomes and Bruce

RedsFanInBama
08-03-2010, 02:19 PM
I like Jose Guillen more than Manny.

couch_manager
08-03-2010, 02:19 PM
I'd take Andrew McCutchen over Manny.

brm7675
08-03-2010, 02:20 PM
because a broken down ex PED player has 2 world series rings and is a much bigger threat at the plate than Stubbs, Gomes and Bruce

How is a he a bigger threat? he can't play, he is a broken down player, how many AB's has he had this season? the drugs have ravaged his body. We would not be getting the WS Manny we are getting the broken down over the hill/way over paid Manny. just say NO to the ManRam.:thumbup:

arkimadee
08-03-2010, 02:21 PM
I like Jose Guillen more than Manny.
the more i think about it the more i agree with u... i think walt will make some kind of trade because now you have teams that were buyers at the trading deadline, become sellers in the waiver period

DocRed
08-03-2010, 02:23 PM
Hell YES...I say give them $2 million for the rest of the year...and someone from this list (Maloney, LeCure, any prospect not named Cozart or Alonzo). They can have Alonso too provided we get something else back.

texasdave
08-03-2010, 02:24 PM
Manny had 4 PA appearances in July. He hasn't played since July 16. That doesn't sound too good. But he does have a .925 OPS this year. So if you thought he was going to healthy down the stretch that would be a big bat to add.

brm7675
08-03-2010, 02:25 PM
Hell YES...I say give them $2 million for the rest of the year...and someone from this list (Maloney, LeCure, any prospect not named Cozart or Alonzo). They can have Alonso too provided we get something else back.

Why? Why would you give up anything for someone who can't play? Look at his numbers this season and tell me he can still play? Opps wait, he doesn't really have any numbers because he has been hurt. Lets review, you take PED and in turn your body breaks down. Let it....or Manny go.:thumbdown

arkimadee
08-03-2010, 02:26 PM
Why? Why would you give up anything for someone who can't play? Look at his numbers this season and tell me he can still play? Opps wait, he doesn't really have any numbers because he has been hurt. Lets review, you take PED and in turn your body breaks down. Let it....or Manny go.:thumbdown
YouTube - Manny Ramirez GRAND SLAM - Pinch Hit - BobbleHead NIGHT DODGERS (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kbr889L6FrQ&feature=related)

knoonan991
08-03-2010, 02:27 PM
No way to Manny, throw our chemistry out the window if he is on this team.

Pony Boy
08-03-2010, 02:28 PM
Doc's suggested outfield of Manny in LF, Dickerson in CF and Gomes in RF would be brutal defensively.

I think that the soultion is much more simple. Gomes/Dickerson in LF, Heisey in CF, Bruce in RF and Stubbs to Louisville.

texasdave
No way to Manny, throw our chemistry out the window if he is on this team.

But not the chemistry set. :) (A little PED humor)

arkimadee
Doc's suggested outfield of Manny in LF, Dickerson in CF and Gomes in RF would be brutal defensively.

I think that the soultion is much more simple. Gomes/Dickerson in LF, Heisey in CF, Bruce in RF and Stubbs to Louisville.
if stubbs would get his head out of his butt and gomes would return to may form we'd be set!

knoonan991
08-03-2010, 02:29 PM

:D:D:D

arkimadee
08-03-2010, 02:29 PM
manny and volquez just trying to get that sperm count up!

GIDP
08-03-2010, 02:34 PM
I'd do it in a second. People complain how God-awful our outfield is, well here's an opportunity to turn a weakness into a strength (not to mention get Gomes out of the lineup).

Agreed.

RedsFanInBama
08-03-2010, 02:38 PM
Offensively, Gomes has been our best outfielder this season. I don't see him being taken out of the lineup right now. He's playing poorly, but Bruce and Stubbs are at a completely different level of awful right now.

arkimadee
08-03-2010, 02:40 PM
how good has our pitching been where we have won 5 of our last 6 with the outfield being this bad! other than heisey

GIDP
08-03-2010, 02:42 PM
Offensively, Gomes has been our best outfielder this season. I don't see him being taken out of the lineup right now. He's playing poorly, but Bruce and Stubbs are at a completely different level of awful right now.

Hes barely been the best for 1 month this year, and hes been the worst offensively for every single month. Stubbs almost out OPS him last month and he finished going 1 for 37 or something.

Seriously Gomes has struggled to hit over a .700 OPS in 3 out of 4 months this season. Combined with his defense I dont know how hes looked at as such a great player. Seriously its more confusing than the magnets. How do they work.

CWRed
08-03-2010, 02:44 PM

Doc's suggested outfield just confirms what I already thought I knew. He's a moron. Oh how awful that would be.

texasdave
08-03-2010, 02:44 PM
Manny Ramirez, who remained a Dodger despite a series of inquiries from teams before Saturday's Trade Deadline, is nearing a Minor League rehab assignment, athletic trainer Stan Conte said Sunday.Ramirez has been out since July 17 with a strained calf muscle, his third trip to the disabled list this year. Conte said Ramirez continues to work out at the club's Camelback Ranch-Glendale complex in Arizona and will be in Los Angeles on Tuesday or Wednesday to be re-evaluated.

Three times on the DL already this season. That is a pretty risky pickup, especially if the Reds have to pay a big chunk of that deferred salary.

RedsFanInBama
08-03-2010, 02:45 PM
Hes barely been the best for 1 month this year, and hes been the worst offensively for every single month. Stubbs almost out OPS him last month and he finished going 1 for 37 or something.

Seriously Gomes has struggled to hit over a .700 OPS in 3 out of 4 months this season. Combined with his defense I dont know how hes looked at as such a great player. Seriously its more confusing than the magnets. How do they work.

I thought only full season numbers mattered? That's what matters when you're evaluating Cabrera, why don't they matter when you're evaluating the outfielders?

texasdave
08-03-2010, 02:45 PM

They would run Chris Dickerson to death inside a week's time.

RedsFanInBama
08-03-2010, 02:46 PM
Oh yeah, and Gomes wasn't close to the worst offensive outfielder in July. That was your boy by a freaking mile.

arkimadee
08-03-2010, 02:46 PM
i really think it's out of the question that we get Manny. He is honestly too risky. The bottom line is, that if we want to make a deep run at this thing, we need more production out of our outfield and a good bat would be welcome.

GIDP
08-03-2010, 02:48 PM
I thought only full season numbers mattered? That's what matters when you're evaluating Cabrera, why don't they matter when you're evaluating the outfielders?

and hes a .740 some thing OPS bat over the full season with terrible D also. So what is your point.

Cabrera hasn't OPS over .700 in a single month. I dont know what stats you want to look at. For the season and by month they both have been pretty terrible the majority of the season.

GIDP
08-03-2010, 02:49 PM
Oh yeah, and Gomes wasn't close to the worst offensive outfielder in July. That was your boy by a freaking mile.

He easily the worst because he brings basically nothing to the table once runs out to left field. I shouldnt have typed offensively. I meant overall.

RedsFanInBama
08-03-2010, 02:49 PM
My point is that he's been the best OFFENSIVE outfielder on this team this season. Which can't be successfully argued by you.

GIDP
08-03-2010, 02:50 PM
My point is that he's been the best OFFENSIVE outfielder on this team this season. Which can't be successfully argued by you.

Put Votto at SS and hes the best offensive SS in the majors. What is your point? Gomes has been the worst outfielder all season long for the Reds. Why is there such a love fest for him?

RedsFanInBama
08-03-2010, 02:52 PM
No love fest, just pointing out that he's been our best stick in the outfield all season. Just facts. I'm not biased by my love for any single player.

DocRed
08-03-2010, 02:58 PM

That's ridiculous, obviously you haven't looked at his numbers this year. He is better than any of our OF'ers from an offensive standpoint right now. .317 ave .409 OBP and .925 OPS this year.

Now if you want to argue he is injured alot that is another thing, and you would have to accept that possibility. Still he has played roughly half the year (220 PA)....even if he were able to play half of the remaining games, that is worth it to me.

GIDP
08-03-2010, 02:58 PM
No love fest, just pointing out that he's been our best stick in the outfield all season. Just facts. I'm not biased by my love for any single player.

Hes barely the best hitting outfeilder and it took a very bad month of July by Bruce and and a huge month of may for Gomes to get there. Seasonally they have been pretty equal offensively.

The whole subject on these boards the last few days is how bad Bruce and Stubbs are when Gomes has just skated by. I dont understand it.

mroby85
08-03-2010, 02:59 PM
Do you think there is a chance the Reds actually go after Manny? I think he would help this team significantly, he's a player thats been there before, and is known for producing in clutch situations. He's an amazing hitter, and a fun personality. I'd love to have him, I just wonder how legit the talk about acquiring him is...

Pony Boy
08-03-2010, 03:00 PM
I just want to see our best 3 outfielders play every day. Is that too much to ask?

I think that Gomes is one of the three, bad defense and all. Now that Stubbs seems to be on the outs I think that we will finally see the best 3 on most days which are Gomes, Heisey and Bruce. I never want to see Laynce Nix take another AB in a Reds uniform (maybe we can send him to the Cubs for Starlin Castro). I have never been a big believer in Dickerson, but he should be the 4th OF.

Trace's Daddy
08-03-2010, 03:00 PM
I hope they get Dunn

arkimadee
08-03-2010, 03:01 PM
I hope they get Dunn
he would fit in well with this team right now.. all strikeouts and bad defense aside, i wander what he would be like for the Reds this year..

RedsFanInBama
08-03-2010, 03:01 PM
Hes barely the best hitting outfeilder and it took a very bad month of July by Bruce and and a huge month of may for Gomes to get there.

So those months don't count?

Pony Boy
08-03-2010, 03:02 PM
I would love to see Dunn in the Reds lineup again. What would it take to get him?

DocRed
08-03-2010, 03:03 PM
Don't discount the fact that bringing up a player like Manny would energize the team and send the sign to the players that management is doing what it can to try to win the pennant. Just saying.....

GIDP
08-03-2010, 03:03 PM
So those months don't count?

Did I say they didnt? I know you are going to bring this back to Cabrera so go ahead and get on with it instead of beating around the bush. Try to prove what ever point you are trying to prove please.

Just because those months happened doesnt mean they are likely to be repeated. Thats what I was getting at.

RedsFanInBama
08-03-2010, 03:06 PM
I'm not trying to prove a point. Just stating a clear fact which you don't like.

See, the difference between you and me is that you picked on May 1 (or maybe before) which players you liked and which ones you didn't and you are going to ride that out. I, on the other hand, evaluate each player for what he does for this team this season.

Hell, you've been on Cairo's back for months and what has he done to deserve anything but praise for his contributions to this team?

arkimadee
08-03-2010, 03:08 PM
i hear the reds are in first place guys.. let's have a :beerme: and not worry about petty stats!

mroby85
08-03-2010, 03:09 PM
Is there anything to back up these Manny suggestions, or just Doc wanting us to pick him up? If that's all it is, it's no different than me or you wanting him...

arkimadee
08-03-2010, 03:10 PM
Is there anything to back up these Manny suggestions, or just Doc wanting us to pick him up? If that's all it is, it's no different than me or you wanting him...
i don't think so... i have nothing of any rumors about manny.. all just suggestions..

mroby85
08-03-2010, 03:11 PM
Thats what i'm reading too, I love the idea of adding him, but I just don't see the Reds making a move like that.

texasdave
08-03-2010, 03:12 PM

It's just Doc being Doc. :)

The Dodgers are not out of Wild Card contention, IMO. Why would they let Manny go? Later in the month if they continue to slide then it would make more sense. Right now. No.

brm7675
08-03-2010, 03:14 PM
Don't discount the fact that bringing up a player like Manny would energize the team and send the sign to the players that management is doing what it can to try to win the pennant. Just saying.....

What a player who quits when he doesn't get what he wanted, got his numbers via drugs and is now spending more time on the DL then playing time and oh yea is owed a ton of cash...just saying...

GIDP
08-03-2010, 03:14 PM
I'm not trying to prove a point. Just stating a clear fact which you don't like.

See, the difference between you and me is that you picked on May 1 (or maybe before) which players you liked and which ones you didn't and you are going to ride that out. I, on the other hand, evaluate each player for what he does for this team this season.

Hell, you've been on Cairo's back for months and what has he done to deserve anything but praise for his contributions to this team?

Cairo has been good, I just dont expect it to last, and I certainly dont want to be caught "hoping" that it stays. Hes been a mid .600 OPS hitter his whole career and I think has only had one season where he had an OPS over .720. I just dont trust it and would prefer to not get burned if I can avoid it.

Yes Gomes has the highest OPS of all the Reds starting OFers. I dont think I ever stated he didnt, other than once which I meant to put overall instead of offensively. Either way I corrected it 1 post later. The problem is hes barely been better than Bruce and hes worlds worse on defense. I want to know why Bruce gets so much hate but Gomes gets so much love. Is it the fans ignorance? Is it because the media guys champion Gomes and never really get negative on him? What is it? I honestly cant get a single answer out of anyone on the topic which makes me think people are just stupid.

DocRed
08-03-2010, 03:17 PM
What a player who quits when he doesn't get what he wanted, got his numbers via drugs and is now spending more time on the DL then playing time and oh yea is owed a ton of cash...just saying...

LOL, well that's one way to look at it I suppose. I would assure you that the players, who are the ones that count, would look at it another way. BTW, I can guarantee you that our current team has had players that have used PED's, including one who all but stated so last year.

mroby85
08-03-2010, 03:18 PM

Probably more leaning towards a player that has raked his entire career, and won 2 World Series titles. Are you really going to credit steroids for all his career stats? I guess there aren't hardly any players this generation that are actually good at baseball. Also look at his playoff stats, the guy is as clutch as they come.

RedsFanInBama
08-03-2010, 03:21 PM
I really don't understand that mindset regarding Cairo. Admitting the guy has done a very good job for this team doesn't mean you're emotionally invested or that you're all of the sudden dumb if he turns bad. He could turn bad tomorrow and he's still helped this team out in a huge way.

Bruce as I see it is a victim of his early success. It's easier for a lot of people complain about a guy you expected a lot from than a guy you didn't really expect much from. Nobody thought Gomes would do anything this year. He's driven in 68 runs this season and people are attracted to his demeanor as well.

GIDP
08-03-2010, 03:26 PM
On Cairo it's not so much looking dumb, hes been borderline great considering what everyone could have expected, and he has helped the team in a huge way but I've seen how the team has rolled. If Cairo turns into Cairo they will stick with him and use "super Cairo" stats as a justification instead of seeing that maybe he is just playing like Cairo. Do you understand my concerns? Thats why I am so weary of Cairo. I dont mean to take anything away from the guy, but I also have a hard time thinking its going to last, and if it doesnt I have a hard time thinking the Reds will act accordingly until its painfully obvious.

Girevik
08-03-2010, 03:27 PM
I hope they get Dunn

Had Dunn played any OF this year? If not, when was the last time he had. He was brutal when he was an every day OF, now if you add on top that he's become a displaced 1B...that could get real ugly.

DocRed
08-03-2010, 03:28 PM
Had Dunn played any OF this year? If not, when was the last time he had. He was brutal when he was an every day OF, now if you add on top that he's become a displaced 1B...that could get real ugly.

Don't forget he can play QB too...

texasdave
Cairo has been good, I just dont expect it to last, and I certainly dont want to be caught "hoping" that it stays. Hes been a mid .600 OPS hitter his whole career and I think has only had one season where he had an OPS over .720. I just dont trust it and would prefer to not get burned if I can avoid it.

Yes Gomes has the highest OPS of all the Reds starting OFers. I dont think I ever stated he didnt, other than once which I meant to put overall instead of offensively. Either way I corrected it 1 post later. The problem is hes barely been better than Bruce and hes worlds worse on defense. I want to know why Bruce gets so much hate but Gomes gets so much love. Is it the fans ignorance? Is it because the media guys champion Gomes and never really get negative on him? What is it? I honestly cant get a single answer out of anyone on the topic which makes me think people are just stupid.

The reason Bruce is hated (and I think that might be a little strong) is simple. Expectations. Jonny Gomes was picked up off the scrap heap. People love his attitude but don't really expect him to be a star. Jay Bruce was a freaking minor league phenom. Minor league player of the year. Perennial All-Star. Franchise savior. His first few weeks up he killed major league pitching. I think people expect much more out of him. If you expect more you are likely to be more disappointed if it doesn't pan out. That is my opinion anyway.

brm7675
LOL, well that's one way to look at it I suppose. I would assure you that the players, who are the ones that count, would look at it another way. BTW, I can guarantee you that our current team has had players that have used PED's, including one who all but stated so last year.

Yea ask the players in Boston how they felt once Manny quit. I don't see any Reds players bodies braking down yet. Manny is done like burnt toast, why bring in someone who is not liked, can't play and is a clubhouse cancer?

RedsFanInBama
08-03-2010, 03:30 PM
On Cairo it's not so much looking dumb, hes been borderline great considering what everyone could have expected, and he has helped the team in a huge way but I've seen how the team has rolled. If Cairo turns into Cairo they will stick with him and use "super Cairo" stats as a justification instead of seeing that maybe he is just playing like Cairo. Do you understand my concerns? Thats why I am so weary of Cairo. I dont mean to take anything away from the guy, but I also have a hard time thinking its going to last, and if it doesnt I have a hard time thinking the Reds will act accordingly until its painfully obvious.

If Votto and Rolen are healthy down the stretch, Cairo isn't going to play except as a pinch hitter or every fifth or sixth day in a spot start. So no, I really don't get that.

Furthermore, if the Reds are going to use him regardless (as you believe), and you are a Reds fan, doesn't it behoove you to root for him instead of continuing to rip him?

GIDP
08-03-2010, 03:31 PM
The reason Bruce is hated (and I think that might be a little strong) is simple. Expectations. Jonny Gomes was picked up off the scrap heap. People love his attitude but don't really expect him to be a star. Jay Bruce was a freaking minor league phenom. Minor league player of the year. His first few weeks up he killed major league pitching. I think people expect much more out of him. If you expect more you are likely to be more disappointed if it doesn't pan out. That is my opinion anyway.

That's fine I just still would wonder why people cant recognize hes the better player though. Even if Bruce hasnt performed up to some expectation no matter how high they were.

DocRed
08-03-2010, 03:31 PM
Yea ask the players in Boston how they felt once Manny quit. I don't see any Reds players bodies braking down yet. Manny is done like burnt toast, why bring in someone who is not liked, can't play and is a clubhouse cancer?

That's a completely different situation and like comparing apples and oranges. He wanted out of Boston and made it clear, of course his teammates would feel the same. The more appropriate question would be to ask the Dodgers players how they felt when he came on board and what effect this had on the team.

GIDP
08-03-2010, 03:32 PM
If Votto and Rolen are healthy down the stretch, Cairo isn't going to play except as a pinch hitter or every fifth or sixth day in a spot start. So no, I really don't get that.

Furthermore, if the Reds are going to use him regardless (as you believe), and you are a Reds fan, doesn't it behoove you to root for him instead of continuing to rip him?

I dont think I've really ripped him. I wish the Reds would find a better player though.

RedsFanInBama
08-03-2010, 03:36 PM
I think you have ripped him. A lot. Particularly in the game threads.

GIDP
08-03-2010, 03:39 PM

Probably because I see him butchering grounders or going up and swinging at the first pitch after the 2 batters in front of him walk on 9 pitches.

RedsFanInBama
08-03-2010, 03:49 PM
Alright.

brm7675
08-03-2010, 04:21 PM
That's a completely different situation and like comparing apples and oranges. He wanted out of Boston and made it clear, of course his teammates would feel the same. The more appropriate question would be to ask the Dodgers players how they felt when he came on board and what effect this had on the team.

How do we know he will like it here? What if he doesn't want to come to Cincy, we know then what he can be like. Again with the horrible season he is having health wise, his 'me' type attitude and his huge amount of monies owed, you couldn't pay me to take him on. If you want to add a 'bat' then go get Adam Dunn, you get production, you get a healthy player and he is alot cheaper.

texasdave
08-03-2010, 04:24 PM
Probably because I see him butchering grounders or going up and swinging at the first pitch after the 2 batters in front of him walk on 9 pitches.

I think most people were befuddled by that at-bat last night.

davereds24
08-03-2010, 04:30 PM
I dont think I've really ripped him. I wish the Reds would find a better player though.

Lol you do every day he's in the lineup, then fail to give him any credit.

You also rip Gomes and Cabrera every day. These 3 guys are making hardly any money and are huge reasons the Reds are in first. This isn't the Yankees, and even they go out and get Kearns, Berkman, and Wood. Who exactly would fill the backup 1b/3b roll better than Cairo?

mroby85
08-03-2010, 04:31 PM
How do we know he will like it here? What if he doesn't want to come to Cincy, we know then what he can be like. Again with the horrible season he is having health wise, his 'me' type attitude and his huge amount of monies owed, you couldn't pay me to take him on. If you want to add a 'bat' then go get Adam Dunn, you get production, you get a healthy player and he is alot cheaper.

That has happened one time in his career, and he would have to waive his no trade clause to come to the Reds, which would imply he wanted to be in Cincinnati.

GIDP
08-03-2010, 04:34 PM
Lol you do every day he's in the lineup, then fail to give him any credit.

You also rip Gomes and Cabrera every day. These 3 guys are making hardly any money and are huge reasons the Reds are in first. This isn't the Yankees, and even they go out and get Kearns, Berkman, and Wood. Who exactly would fill the backup 1b/3b roll better than Cairo?

Cabrera and Gomes and Cairo are not huge reasons why the Reds are in first. That's pretty ridiculous of a statement.

Texas Pete
08-03-2010, 04:48 PM
I'd take Manny if he practically came for free and if he passed a very thorough physical.

When healthy, Manny can really hit.

mmt1552
08-03-2010, 05:01 PM
Sign me up for Manny, assuming it wouldn't cost much (and it shouldn't since the Dodgers are out of the race, and they need to shed payroll with the divorce). I like Gomes as much as the next guy, but as time goes on it's looking more and more like he's falling back down to earth. Gomes as a late inning pinch hitter is a great threat, you could play Gomes in RF against lefties, and spell him for Manny every once in a while. I also don't think Manny would disrupt any chemistry, I mean the guy never really seems to be a problem unless a team is not in a pennant race (he seems to lose interest/focus). Remember the way Manny mashed the ball when he went to the Dodgers? We only need Manny for 2 months, not 2 years.

brm7675
08-03-2010, 05:04 PM
Sign me up for Manny, assuming it wouldn't cost much (and it shouldn't since the Dodgers are out of the race, and they need to shed payroll with the divorce). I like Gomes as much as the next guy, but as time goes on it's looking more and more like he's falling back down to earth. Gomes as a late inning pinch hitter is a great threat, you could play Gomes in RF against lefties, and spell him for Manny every once in a while. I also don't think Manny would disrupt any chemistry, I mean the guy never really seems to be a problem unless a team is not in a pennant race (he seems to lose interest/focus). Remember the way Manny mashed the ball when he went to the Dodgers? We only need Manny for 2 months, not 2 years.

Why not get a better hitter, who is healthy, dependable and a good all around guy...ADAM DUNN.

Kingspoint
08-03-2010, 05:27 PM
Daugherty's nuts if he likes Manny under any scenario.

1990REDS
08-03-2010, 05:45 PM

IMO ya cant hold anything anyone says in the game thread against them. I think everyone, myself included have posted some unfiltered posts in the heat of the game that maybe you wouldnt post in a thread where you think about what you type beforehand.

mmt1552
08-03-2010, 06:41 PM
Why not get a better hitter, who is healthy, dependable and a good all around guy...ADAM DUNN.

I wouldn't necessarily be opposed to that either. If Dunn is willing to play LF again. It may be a little weird the way the Reds ditched him and the reports of his attitude and stuff and it may be "admitting a mistake" or whatever, but I'd be for it. I'd prefer Manny though, think Manny's a better hitter and a better fit, but Dunn's solid too.

addictionsport
08-03-2010, 06:44 PM
If Manny does move he will be huge for his new team!!! Problem is he won't be putting on a Reds uniform when he does it not a big enough stage!! I do love the idea of Guillen he can play in the field as well as anyone else out there and he is a stick. He was a RBI machine when he played here before.

knoonan991
08-03-2010, 06:47 PM
Daugherty's nuts if he likes Manny under any scenario.

:thumbup:

As if I needed any more proof to think Doc is nuts...

GIDP
08-03-2010, 06:51 PM
What does Docs nuts have to do with it

http://smiliesftw.com/x/huge_bandwagon.png

Dale4Saul2Red0
08-03-2010, 09:14 PM

Ummmm Adam Dunn is not a better hitter than Manny Ramirez. I'm not sure what baseball league you have been watching over the past 5 years. Also Manny is a good guy, he just has an awkward personality that isn't the social norm, so everyone labels him a bad guy. It's stupid. What is more stupid is you calling Dunn a better hitter than Ramirez.

The only concern with Manny is his health nothing more. He still has one of the most consistent bats in the game today at his age, and is one of the best pure hitters to ever put a bat in his hands. That is something you cannot deny and he has always been clutch at the plate.

It won't happen, but if it did there would be absolutely nothing wrong with it. Ramirez shines under the big lights. He thrives on being the hero and this would be a perfect landing place for him being the guy to push the Reds over the hump. He knows what a pennant race is like. How many of our current players or better yet OF's can say that?

New York Red
08-03-2010, 09:31 PM
Manny Ramirez > Adam Dunn

But do we really need either? Both are serious liabilities in the outfield, and defense is a big strength of this Reds team. We'd add a bat, but take a step backwards defensively. Is that a good trade? I'm not sure.

GIDP
08-03-2010, 09:33 PM
Manny Ramirez > Adam Dunn

But do we really need either? Both are serious liabilities in the outfield, and defense is a big strength of this Reds team. We'd add a bat, but take a step backwards defensively. Is that a good trade? I'm not sure.

Defense in LF is not a strength though. So they would be replacing a bad LF defender with a better LF bat. A massively better LF bat.

Hondo
08-03-2010, 09:54 PM

Dude, you would not have to give them any elite or b prospects.

Hondo
08-03-2010, 09:57 PM
If Manny does move he will be huge for his new team!!! Problem is he won't be putting on a Reds uniform when he does it not a big enough stage!! I do love the idea of Guillen he can play in the field as well as anyone else out there and he is a stick. He was a RBI machine when he played here before.

I HATE the idea of Guillen. Guy is a lunatic.