PDA

View Full Version : The So Long, See Ya Later List

mdccclxix
08-03-2010, 07:18 PM
In honor of departed Reds killers, I'd like to offer them a belated swift kick in the pants as they head out of the Central and into I-don't-care-where.

Bye-bye:

Lance Berkman
Roy Oswalt
Ryan Ludwick
Ryan Teriot

Soon to be departed:

Prince Fielder - go to the AL, it is calling...
Ricky Weeks
Jim Edmonds - retire!
Derek Lee - fading
Zambrano - fading mentally

In general, I've always defended the NL Central against pundits who always think the coastal divisions are better, but man the quality really is undeniably down for the near future, as the Reds are emerging, thankfully.

Just look at the talent that used to rule our division; it's fading, dissipating, vanishing...

Let's keep this trend going. I like it.

Ghosts of 1990
08-03-2010, 08:00 PM
Paul Maholm you have to hope gets out of Pittsburgh soon. He and Gorzellany own the Reds.

I was glad to see Oliver Perez go as well.

mdccclxix
08-03-2010, 08:18 PM
Paul Maholm you have to hope gets out of Pittsburgh soon. He and Gorzellany own the Reds.

I was glad to see Oliver Perez go as well.

What, a post on topic?

Perez belongs on this list.

CarolinaRedleg
08-03-2010, 08:29 PM
Earlier: Bill Hall. Wasn't at all upset to see him head to Beantown.

paintmered
08-03-2010, 08:30 PM
I split this thread in two. If you want to talk about the NL Central, do it in the new thread. For those who want to keep things on topic, you've found the right place.

FCB, don't think I overlooked the fact that you derailed this thread with the second post. That's a new record, even for you.

Falls City Beer
08-03-2010, 08:33 PM

FCB, don't think I overlooked the fact that you derailed this thread with the second post. That's a new record, even for you.

Wasn't trying to. I'll color within the lines more often.

Jeff Bagwell
Brian Giles
Ben Sheets

OnBaseMachine
08-03-2010, 09:55 PM
Paul Maholm. I was hoping like crazy the Pirates would trade him before the Reds came to town but no such luck.

MattyHo4Life
08-03-2010, 09:59 PM
Scott Rolen liked the Central so much that he came back. He just changed dance partners. lol

mdccclxix
08-18-2010, 05:57 PM
Strike Jim Edmonds from the list, he's joined the good guys.

And strike Derek Lee from the list, he's an Atlanta Brave.

It is definitely a new decade.