PDA

View Full Version : Necklace

dcordial1974
08-08-2010, 05:52 PM
What is this necklace that I have seen some of the Reds players and Dusty wearing? It looks really cool.

davereds24
08-08-2010, 05:58 PM
http://www.phitenusa.com/c-53-mlb-baseball-necklaces.aspx

Reds
08-08-2010, 06:18 PM
"The official team necklace worn on the field by the Cincinnati Reds. Featuring Phiten’s exclusive Aqua-Titanium™ technology, this product helps to promote stable energy flow throughout the body. The benefits of this are longer lasting energy, less fatigue, shortened recovery time and more relaxed muscles."

wwwwhhhat? lol

sivman17
08-08-2010, 06:22 PM
sounds like a load of crap to me... kind of like those copper bracelets that some golfers wear

Kiko
08-08-2010, 06:23 PM
"The official team necklace worn on the field by the Cincinnati Reds. Featuring Phiten’s exclusive Aqua-Titanium™ technology, this product helps to promote stable energy flow throughout the body. The benefits of this are longer lasting energy, less fatigue, shortened recovery time and more relaxed muscles."

wwwwhhhat? lol

I put my official Cincinnati Red necklace on when Cordero comes into the game.

Jr's Boy
08-08-2010, 07:12 PM
I put my official Cincinnati Red necklace on when Cordero comes into the game.

You need an official Cincinnati Reds noose when Co Co comes into the game.:D

RedsLvr
08-08-2010, 07:19 PM
I actually own one of the necklaces. They're quite cool.

KYRedLeg
08-08-2010, 07:48 PM
The ones that the players wear on the field seem to be two twisted together, not necessarily the "official" Cincinnati Reds one from Phiten.

scott91575
08-08-2010, 07:59 PM
You need an official Cincinnati Reds noose when Co Co comes into the game.:D

Or help everyone, go to the game and take out the official Reds sniper rifle.

As for the necklaces, they are BFF necklaces. Just one of the many things that makes Dusty a great clubhouse manager.

cincyforever
08-08-2010, 08:37 PM
I'd like to purchase one for the playoff push.. man those are pricey for a stinkin necklace.

bagz
08-08-2010, 08:54 PM
sounds like a load of crap to me... kind of like those copper bracelets that some golfers wear

:lol:Sounds like crap to me too. I saw a couple of the reds wearing them when I went to one of the games at Citifield against the Mets. Gomes and Heisey had them on.

fewfirstchoice
08-08-2010, 09:06 PM
I also have one myself.They are very cool looking and very comfortable but i dont see any improvements in my energy or anything of that sort.

TStuck
08-08-2010, 09:07 PM
The ones that the players wear on the field seem to be two twisted together, not necessarily the "official" Cincinnati Reds one from Phiten.

I've noticed that too. I always notice Heisey's when he comes to the plate. Tried to search on internet to find one, but haven't been successful so far.

KYRedLeg
08-08-2010, 09:39 PM
I've noticed that too. I always notice Heisey's when he comes to the plate. Tried to search on internet to find one, but haven't been successful so far.

During a rain delay earlier in the season, I think Thom fielded a question from a viewer about them. That's where I first heard about "Phiten;" he said it looked like Heisey was wearing two twisted together. There are Phiten tornado (http://www.phitenusa.com/p-14-titanium-necklace-tornado.aspx)'s, which are two twisted together, but it doesn't look like red and white is an option anywhere.

Two Titanium Necklaces are twisted together to form one necklace. Spurred by run-away popularity on the pitching mound, we're offering them in a variety of color combinations.

Kinda sucks; Phiten's site (http://www.phitenusa.com/) even shows Jon Lester in a red and white twisted design.

I noticed on the pregame interview today, Dusty was wearing the Cincinnati branded Phiten.

Magdal
08-09-2010, 10:53 AM
If people keep selling junk, people will keep buying junk. Like this necklace, magnetic bracelets so weak they won't atract a paper clip through a piece of paper (Mythbusters) and the mythical Pet Rock!

I wonder what these necklace's retail for?

TStuck
08-09-2010, 11:59 AM
$36 on the phiten website.
a site called go-titanium.com has the tornado for $66.99 - actually saw a red/gray one there that looks similar to what some of the Reds wear. Site says you can also do custom ones.

GIDP
08-09-2010, 12:09 PM
I made one these necklaces out of Bronson Arroyos hair.

Griffey012
08-09-2010, 12:17 PM

The biggest effect is probably just the placebo effect, the players think it is doing something extra for them so their mind is tricked a bit.

Girevik
08-09-2010, 02:32 PM
$36 on the phiten website.
a site called go-titanium.com has the tornado for $66.99 - actually saw a red/gray one there that looks similar to what some of the Reds wear. Site says you can also do custom ones.

I'm actually surprised they aren't more. Those stupid Q-Ray bracelets that are supposed to do some of the same thing start at around $100, IIRC.

Fon Duc Tow
08-09-2010, 05:39 PM
next up, pet rocks. Oh wait...

EODRed
08-10-2010, 06:58 PM
Ionic Necklaces have been popular in baseball for a while.

Some guys swear by them. If it really does anything who knows... but sometimes convincing yourself something works is the deciding factor on whether it works or not. Right? LOL