PDA

View Full Version : Reds acquire Jim Edmonds for Chris Dickerson. Wood to Louisville

Pages : 1 2 [3]

TRF
08-10-2010, 12:50 PM
Wood: vs. a defeated Cubs team.
Leake: vs. a talented Cardinals team.

Let's not pretend either pitcher had a day to write home about or that either pitcher is such an iron-clad sure thing in their rookie years that it'd be worth juggling the rotation to ensure one guy faces the Cardinals and the other doesn't.

That's really all I'm saying.

Wood before the 7th... No hitter.

Then he got knocked around a bit true. But the context of the game was different, the potential damage different.

Leake needs rest, Wood needs to start.

Both need to be candidates for the rotation next year.

membengal
08-10-2010, 12:52 PM
Pitching Leake on Sunday and Wood on Monday means that Leake, who clearly is tired, pitches on 3 days rest, while Wood pitches on 5 days rest. I can't blame the Reds for wanting their rookie pitchers to pitch on their regular schedule. That should be the first and foremost factor in deciding who pitches when.

NO.

There was an off-day last Thursday. Leake on Sunday was Leake on NORMAL rest.

membengal
08-10-2010, 12:53 PM
True story. I'm just kinda shocked by the stuff that I'm reading. Leake went from Rookie of the Year and future ace of the rotation at the start of the year to, now, a garbage pitcher who can't retire major league hitters according to some of the people around here.

The Reds have been doing a fantastic job monitoring the situation with their young arms. They're doing exactly what they should be doing -- protecting the future of this ballclub while pushing for a post season appearence.

And yes -- Roll Wave!!

CE, you are better than that.

TRF
08-10-2010, 12:54 PM
As CE pointed out that has a lot to do with who each was pitching against but really it's not a whole lot more than picking an inning where the pitcher got blown up. Whether he should or shouldn't have been charged with earned runs against the Pirates is debateable, but I think it shows that his performance was much like Wood's performance. 5-6 innings of very good pitching, 1 inning of bad pitching.

Because the Reds tried to minimize the damage against the Cardinals and took him out in the 4th inning just makes the performance look that much worse.

no it wasn't 5-6 innings of very good pitching. it was three. then he was shellacked for 7 er.

Wood was throwing a no-hitter through 6. Doesn't matter that it was against the Cubs. The same could be said about Cueto and Bailey's performances against the Pirates earlier in the year. It is still a major league team. The thing is, Leake has either hit a wall or the league has adjusted to him or some combination of the two. The organization has to do what is best for Mike Leake and the Reds. Right now that is rest and evaluation IMO.

membengal
08-10-2010, 12:54 PM
Hey Caveat - you take your Tulane education and your facts and get them out of here!!!!

This is Redszone - we only deal in speculation and 82.3% of the board is smarter and more qualified than Jocketty and 88.9% are better potential managers than Dusty.

Wow, Puffy. Incisive and insightful.

Joe Randa, for the win!

I indeed don't know what has become of this board. The Reds never make mistakes, there is never anything to discuss, and anyone who raises a discussion point is a hater.

Awesome.

membengal
08-10-2010, 12:57 PM
To be clear, I don't mean to bang on Leake. The Reds would not be in the position they are if he had not been what he has been the first half of this season.

But, that said, I don't think they are getting the same Leake at this point due to a variety of factors. This looks like a great time to thank him for a job well done, and shut him down, or send him to long relief, and get him ready for 2011 and beyond while preserving this team's best chance to win going forward.

Quoting myself to try and figure out if I am to be grouped in CE's unnamed group of people hating on Mike Leake...

Hoosier Red
08-10-2010, 01:08 PM
no it wasn't 5-6 innings of very good pitching. it was three. then he was shellacked for 7 er.

Wood was throwing a no-hitter through 6. Doesn't matter that it was against the Cubs. The same could be said about Cueto and Bailey's performances against the Pirates earlier in the year. It is still a major league team. The thing is, Leake has either hit a wall or the league has adjusted to him or some combination of the two. The organization has to do what is best for Mike Leake and the Reds. Right now that is rest and evaluation IMO.

Sorry I was unclear. I meant Leake's performance agains the Pirates was comparable to Wood's against the Cubs.
Against the Pirates he pitched 5 Innings and gave up runs in two of them, so taking out the 6th inning he had 4 innings and 1 run.(other than that how was the play Mrs. Lincoln?)

Wood had 6 innings with zero runs, and 1/3 of an inning with 4 runs before Bray came on and stranded a runner on 2nd by striking out two. Obviously you could say that having the 7th inning is different but it wouldn't have been fatigue as I think Wood had thrown maybe 60 pitches to that point.

My point being that there was one inning in each start where the pitcher got knocked around quite a bit, and it was not necessarily predictive that it would happen to Leake yesterday and wouldn't have happened to Wood.

This is not meant to knock on Wood :rolleyes: who I feel is probably the third best starter right now. Rather it is to show that picking one pitcher between Leake and Wood for a one game sample size, you can get vastly different results so last night's game wasn't necessarily the wrong choice.

westofyou
08-10-2010, 01:22 PM
http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/100281529.html

I just talked to general manager Doug Melvin about the Jim Edmonds-Chris Dickerson trade and he told me a big reason behind the move was getting younger at an outfield position and being able to control Dickerson for four more years.

Edmonds is 40 and might retire after this year. He was hobbled badly of late with Achilles tendinitis, limiting his playing time. The Reds knew that but wanted a veteran left-handed bat off the bench.

Dickerson is only 28 and isn't arbitration eligible until after the 2011 season. The Brewers would control his contract for three more years after that.

Dickerson also is a left-handed hitter, which was important to Melvin because Ryan Braun, Corey Hart and Lorenzo Cain all bat from the right side.

"He's more of a contact hitter than a power hitter," said Melvin. "He can play all three outfield spots. And he's a major-league player. We're still trying to win games. I'd love to see us win 12 of 15 and get back in it. I don't know if we can do that."

Dickerson had just completed a minor-league rehab assignment with Class AAA Louisville after recovering from a hamate bone injury in his right wrist as well as a clean-up procedure in that wrist. He was blistering hot at Louisville, batting .442 (19 for 43) with five doubles, three homers, seven RBI and a 1.296 OPS.

Melvin said Dickerson should be in uniform for tonight's game at Miller Park against Arizona.

Melvin talked with Edmonds first before making the trade. He said Edmonds wasn't sure at first about going but realized the Brewers were committed to playing newcomer Lorenzo Cain as much as possible the rest of the way to see if he indeed is their center fielder of the future.

"He saw with Lorenzo here that his playing time might decrease," said Melvin. "He realized especially in September he might not get as many at-bats. This gives him a chance to go to the post-season one more time."

Asked if this signaled that Cain would see most of the playing time in center the rest of the way, Melvin said, "The players always tell us that with their performance. We face a lot of tough right-handed pitchers in our division. He might not play against all of them."

REDREAD
08-10-2010, 02:30 PM
He was so mad about Wood being sent down, he just walked out?

I hope he didn't get a phone call from the Galloping Gonad :lol:

(The relief pitcher that was sent to AAA, got mad, and talked another player into going AWOL with him :lol: )

Caveat Emperor
08-10-2010, 02:30 PM
Quoting myself to try and figure out if I am to be grouped in CE's unnamed group of people hating on Mike Leake...

I did some reading over on the Sun Deck as part of my mod duties -- might've picked some of that up over there. ;)

REDREAD
08-10-2010, 02:34 PM
it isn't vastly improved at all. IF depth has been reduced, Edmonds is as much an injury risk as Dickerson. CD was on the 60 day DL, he's likely mostly healed. Sending Wood down creates an issue with the rotation. Harang hasn't been mentioned as being close. Bailey probably is, and reports are his velo is back up to the mid 90's. and still there needs to be a roster move.

So why is walt dancing around? Leake is the obvious choice here.

Dickerson has no room on this club.. Maybe you disagree, but the Reds have seen him as a 4th OF/ 5th OF at best for his entire career. He's no big loss.
Maybe if he stays healthy, he will outperform Nix, but it's not a given that the difference will be significant.

Sending Wood down now is a great idea. Let the kid rest a while, then call him up in time to be ready for the postseason.

Walt has earned my trust, I think he knows what he is doing here.

TRF
08-10-2010, 02:37 PM
Dickerson has no room on this club.. Maybe you disagree, but the Reds have seen him as a 4th OF/ 5th OF at best for his entire career. He's no big loss.
Maybe if he stays healthy, he will outperform Nix, but it's not a given that the difference will be significant.

Sending Wood down now is a great idea. Let the kid rest a while, then call him up in time to be ready for the postseason.

Walt has earned my trust, I think he knows what he is doing here.

Dickerson may not have had a spot on the club. Does Edmonds? I don't know. I don't think Gomes really has a spot. To be honest, the OF has been pretty spotty minus defense in CF and RF.

So as I said before... meh.

I'm more interested in how the rotation plays out.

REDREAD
08-10-2010, 02:42 PM
Dickerson may not have had a spot on the club. Does Edmonds? I don't know. I don't think Gomes really has a spot. To be honest, the OF has been pretty spotty minus defense in CF and RF.

So as I said before... meh.

I'm more interested in how the rotation plays out.

True, but I think Edmonds has a much better chance of helping us this year.
Chances are that Dickerson might not have even made the roster next year.
He's been a chronic injury and really needed a fresh start elsewhere.

Edmonds can fill in at all 3 OF slots. That's going to be really valuable if his leg and offense holds up. For a spare OF, I think the trade was a no brainer.

REDREAD
08-10-2010, 02:45 PM
So nobody wanted either Edmonds or Dickerson.

Kinda puts it in perspective since neither is owed a lot of money for the rest of the year.

I think it's considered bad form to block a guy like Dickerson going to the Brewers. It has happened in the past a few times. Usually the team trading the prospect changes it to a player to be named and waits until the end of the season then.. The point is that most clubs will not block a guy going to a rebuilding team.

So that doesn't necessarily mean Dickerson was unwanted.

Rojo
08-10-2010, 02:53 PM
If he stays healthy, Dickerson's the kind of player that can be useful in his prime years (28-32), but not as a corner. And the emergence of Heisey pushed Dickerson down the CF depth chart. I'd like this trade if was a Brewers fan, still like it as a Reds fan and like it as fan of Dickerson, who can grab some pt.

TheNext44
08-10-2010, 02:57 PM
NO.

There was an off-day last Thursday. Leake on Sunday was Leake on NORMAL rest.

Okay, then maybe the Reds wanted both pitchers to Have am extra day of rest. Maybe that was what was most important to them, making sure their young pitchers had as much rest as possible.

And I just don't think that it was clear cut who would be the best pitcher to go against the Cardinals. Maybe the Cardinals crush lefties, maybe they do well against pitcher who throw what Wood throws? Maybe they don't do well against pitchers with lots of movement like Leake?

The point is that a lot goes onto these decisions that we don't know about.

Bumstead
08-10-2010, 03:50 PM
Jim Edmonds vs Relief Pitching...I would take Relief Pitching...Edmonds, Dickerson? Either. Nix is the obvious dump if we have Edmonds...what the Reds really need is Relief Pitching not a 40 year-old OF...offense and defense haven't been the problem. It's Cordero and Masset pitching in over half the games. If the Reds were going to give up someone with talent it should have been for a relief pitcher in my opinion. I don't see Edmonds helping out anymore than Dickerson would have.

_Sir_Charles_
08-10-2010, 03:51 PM
There are times that I'm just not sure what John Fayl is thinking. In today's Q&A....

Q, from eddieginburg: Didn’t the Reds need leadoff hitter with a good on-base percentage and a base stealer more than they needed another good fielder w/pop off bench?

A: I don’t think a leadoff guy they liked was available. They were not interested in Scott Podsednik

How is it possible that he didn't know that the question was referring to Chris Dickerson?

Caveat Emperor
08-10-2010, 03:59 PM
There are times that I'm just not sure what John Fayl is thinking. In today's Q&A...

His twitter is a fantastic source of comedy -- it's like the banana phone for the 21st century.

RedsManRick
08-10-2010, 04:04 PM
I think Dickerson's injury problems were a bigger factor in this decision than we might think. Both Baker and Jocketty have shown a strong preference for reliability. While the Reds could have used Dickerson's skill set in a platoon role in CF, the Reds simply didn't trust him enough to want to rely on him in any way. And with both Stubbs and Heisey capable of playing a strong CF and Nix able to hold his own there, additional CF depth was not a need.

So you're looking at upgrading at backup OF this year and bringing in one more "proven winner" at the expense of a few years of cheap control of a backup. You don't let fungible assets stop you from improving your team during a playoff push -- I think that's what the Reds were thinking.

_Sir_Charles_
08-10-2010, 05:57 PM
Just a little FYI...Dickerson is starting tonight for the Brewers. Good luck Chris.

Mario-Rijo
08-10-2010, 06:36 PM
I think Dickerson's injury problems were a bigger factor in this decision than we might think. Both Baker and Jocketty have shown a strong preference for reliability. While the Reds could have used Dickerson's skill set in a platoon role in CF, the Reds simply didn't trust him enough to want to rely on him in any way. And with both Stubbs and Heisey capable of playing a strong CF and Nix able to hold his own there, additional CF depth was not a need.

So you're looking at upgrading at backup OF this year and bringing in one more "proven winner" at the expense of a few years of cheap control of a backup. You don't let fungible assets stop you from improving your team during a playoff push -- I think that's what the Reds were thinking.

Ya know though because one has a history of injuries doesn't mean he'll continue to. Take Anthony Munoz for example, here is a guy who tore up not one but both knees in college and was an anchor for the Bengals for over 10 years with no major injuries. Of course I understand the odds are against a guy not having injuries moving forward but this whole can't depend on a guy idea is a bit overexaggerrated when it is convenient. Heck they dealt him for an injured player who is 40, kinda laughable if that was a part of it. And thusly this whole argument is predicated on a flawed idea.

savafan
08-10-2010, 09:50 PM
His twitter is a fantastic source of comedy -- it's like the banana phone for the 21st century.

True. From reading that, I've come to the conclusion that Fay has no knowledge of baseball, journalism or the English language.

camisadelgolf
08-13-2010, 01:23 PM
Disciples of Uecker likes the trade for both sides.
http://disciplesofuecker.com/edmonds-traded-to-reds-for-of-dickerson/

There’s no doubt that Jim Edmonds was fun to watch, but this is best for everybody. Edmonds gets to compete, and the Brewers pick up a cheap piece with potential for high value. Everybody wins, except for maybe the St. Louis Cardinals.

Chip R
08-13-2010, 01:46 PM
True. From reading that, I've come to the conclusion that Fay has no knowledge of baseball, journalism or the English language.

Well put. :lol:

15fan
08-18-2010, 10:05 PM
But I can't & won't root for Jim Edmonds. Ever. At anything. The fact that he is now dressing in the Home locker room at GABP does nothing to change my disdain for him.

I can only hope that he's a miserable failure during a brief stint in Cincinnati that results in his being cut loose before Labor Day. I hope that he completely misses the ball every time he swings the bat. I don't even want him to so much as to foul off a pitch. A complete whiff. Every time.

Given the option, I'd rather play the rest of the season with 24 men on the roster than give Edmonds a roster spot on my team. I would take any other player in the history of baseball before I would want Edmonds on my roster.

Jim Edmonds a Red. Wearing #15.

:rant2: :rant: :barf: :explode: :bang:

Edmonds is now 1-15 as a Red.

Strong is the voodoo that has been unleashed. Much darkness is brought by the one who desecrates George's number.

Cut bait Jocketty must.

Spitball
08-18-2010, 10:35 PM
Sorry...He just homered in the desert. :)

oregonred
08-19-2010, 01:14 AM
Jimmy Ballgame

reds44
08-19-2010, 01:20 AM
Jimmy Ballgame
Love that nickname.

He's officially a Redleg after tonight. Welcome aboard, Jimmy.

OnBaseMachine
08-19-2010, 01:50 AM
Love that nickname.

He's officially a Redleg after tonight. Welcome aboard, Jimmy.

Indeed. Welcome to the Reds, Jim. I hope tonight is the first of many great nights for you as a Red.

OnBaseMachine
08-19-2010, 11:30 AM
As I've mentioned before, I was in Cincinnati this past weekend for the Reds-Marlins series. I was in Row B in the Moon Deck on Friday night so it felt like I was on the field with the outfielders. I noticed that before a new batter would step in, Bruce would look at Edmonds and ask for advice on where to position himself. Even though Bruce is already a great defensive outfielder, I'm sure there are a few things he can learn from Edmonds to make himself even better. I also read somewhere last night (game thread maybe?) that Edmonds has been working with Bruce on correcting something at the plate. It seems as if Edmonds has taken Bruce under his wing. This trade could work out well in more ways than one if Edmonds can help straighten out Bruce.

11larkin11
08-31-2010, 12:58 AM
I know he has been somewhat attributed to Bruce's turnaround, but honestly, if you don't wanna be here, just ask for your release. Not sure if others feel this way or if I'm just reading into this wrong, but this just kind of rubbed me the wrong way

http://mlb.fanhouse.com/2010/08/30/jim-edmonds-ive-done-as-much-as-i-can-do/

Somewhat surprisingly, Edmonds also told Adam McCalvy of MLB.com that he misses being with the Brewers. You'd think that a player staring at the end of a terrific career would relish the chance of being involved in one more playoff race rather than simply playing out the string, but Edmonds called his time with the Brewers the "best part of my year."

Brutus
08-31-2010, 01:04 AM
I know he has been somewhat attributed to Bruce's turnaround, but honestly, if you don't wanna be here, just ask for your release. Not sure if others feel this way or if I'm just reading into this wrong, but this just kind of rubbed me the wrong way

http://mlb.fanhouse.com/2010/08/30/jim-edmonds-ive-done-as-much-as-i-can-do/

I don't see anything wrong with him missing his time in Milwaukee. Just because he truly enjoyed that time doesn't mean he's not happy to be in Cincinnati. Probably nothing to see here.

11larkin11
08-31-2010, 01:06 AM
I don't see anything wrong with him missing his time in Milwaukee. Just because he truly enjoyed that time doesn't mean he's not happy to be in Cincinnati. Probably nothing to see here.

Fair enough. I had the feeling if it hadn't been posted yet it wasn't a big deal, but I figured I'd throw it out there anyway.

Ron Madden
08-31-2010, 02:57 AM
I'll root for Jim Edmonds for as long as he's a Cincinnati Red, other than that...

I hope he decides to hang'em up at seasons end. He's kinda hard to root for in my honest opinion.

I'll duck and cover now.

Danny Serafini
08-31-2010, 11:50 AM
Since he came to Cincinnati he's batted .136 and gotten hurt. I'd imagine his time in Milwaukee was the best part of the year so far.

Chip R
08-31-2010, 11:52 AM
He must really like cheese.

Raisor
08-31-2010, 12:15 PM

who doesn't?

TRF
08-31-2010, 12:16 PM
who doesn't?

My daughter's first word was cheese.

And now i am suddenly very hungry.

RBA
08-31-2010, 12:17 PM

Or sausages. He could like both.

Chip R
08-31-2010, 12:18 PM
Or sausages. He could like both.

We have plenty of sausages here.

penantboundreds
08-31-2010, 12:31 PM
I heard that when Brennamen and Keels go to football later in the year, George Grande will be doing a few (5 or 6) games. Does anyone know what games he will be doing?

This is in the Edmonds thread for obvious reasons....

CarolinaRedleg
08-31-2010, 12:35 PM

Or Polka.

15fan
08-31-2010, 12:54 PM
Since he came to Cincinnati he's batted .136 and gotten hurt. I'd imagine his time in Milwaukee was the best part of the year so far.

This.

Edmonds was an absolute disaster at the plate before he got hurt.

pedro
08-31-2010, 01:00 PM

I don't think it's a big deal either.

I'm sure he made some friends over there.

blumj
08-31-2010, 01:14 PM
This.

The getting hurt part makes it worse. Everyone wants to win, but if you can't do anything to contribute, maybe you just feel left out. Or even like an intruder.

Hoosier Red
08-31-2010, 02:04 PM
This.

I wouldn't go that far. He had 22 AB's. He had 3 hits, and a couple of ropes which I noticed that were caught. If two or three extra get down, he's batting .270 and people are really loving his veteran presence.

As it was, he hit into a couple of bad luck plays and got hurt.

22 AB's is too small of a sample size to draw any real conclusions, so of course any sample taken out of that will also be too small. But he started out 0 for 12(with a walk) and finished 3 for 10(with a walk) which is reasonable.

Brutus
08-31-2010, 02:06 PM
This.

Disaster? Disaster is when you go up there with not a clue of what's coming or a chance at hitting it. In 24 plate appearances he struck out 5 times. He had 5 line drives in 16 balls in play... with a homer and a pair of doubles. He didn't do well in his limited time, but he also stung the ball pretty hard several times, but just right at people. It happens.

Disappointment? Perhaps. Disaster? Nah.

Roy Tucker
08-31-2010, 02:09 PM

Or curds.

Cedric
08-31-2010, 02:17 PM
Or curds.

Was just in Brew town.. Besides great lake front beer they have amazing cheese curds everywhere. The people are nuts about fried foods there :)

Ghosts of 1990
08-31-2010, 02:19 PM
I heard that when Brennamen and Keels go to football later in the year, George Grande will be doing a few (5 or 6) games. Does anyone know what games he will be doing?

This is in the Edmonds thread for obvious reasons....

Well played sir.

Chip R
08-31-2010, 02:20 PM
Or curds.

Mmmmmm, cheese curds. I don't think I've ever had the fried ones. The raw ones are yummy.

medford
08-31-2010, 02:32 PM
Mmmmmm, cheese curds. I don't think I've ever had the fried ones. The raw ones are yummy.

There are a couple of Culver's in the area if you ever want fried Cheese curds. As for the "raw" ones, I've been told by the in-law Wisconsinites that when they're squeeky you know you've got them at perfection. From my experience at a Wisconsin farmer's market, I can't argue w/ that observation. Fresh cheese curds that squeek when you bite them are quite yummy.

Chip R
08-31-2010, 03:07 PM
There are a couple of Culver's in the area if you ever want fried Cheese curds. As for the "raw" ones, I've been told by the in-law Wisconsinites that when they're squeeky you know you've got them at perfection. From my experience at a Wisconsin farmer's market, I can't argue w/ that observation. Fresh cheese curds that squeek when you bite them are quite yummy.

Indeed. Thanks for the info about the fried ones.

blumj
08-31-2010, 03:15 PM
No message board thread is ever entirely safe from conversations about food, drink, kids, or pets breaking out.

camisadelgolf
08-31-2010, 04:06 PM
Also, music, links to YouTube, and arguments with moderators.

OnBaseMachine
09-01-2010, 04:53 PM
From John Fay:

Update on Edmonds: "It's getting there. It's a pretty serious issue. I've stayed away from swinging the bat." #reds

http://twitter.com/johnfayman

OnBaseMachine
09-02-2010, 12:32 AM
More from John Fay:

“I’d like to get on the field — and then go home,” he said. “I want to try to finish up and be part of this club. It’s a great club. It would be interesting to get everybody healthy and see what he we can do.”

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/reds/2010/09/01/edmonds-wants-to-come-back-then-retire/

sabometrics
09-02-2010, 01:33 AM
I'm interested to see how the return of Cabrera, Nix, and hopefully Edmonds can improve this team even more in this month of September. The wealth of options that Dusty would have at his disposal if those guys all get back and the rest of the active roster stays healthy would be unparalleled in my opinion. It truly is amazing how it seems like every single position player on this team can contribute in any given game, from the vets down to the rookies.

OnBaseMachine
09-06-2010, 01:49 PM
From Mark Sheldon:

*Jim Edmonds is still hoping to play again this season. But he revealed that the right oblique injury is actually a torn muscle. He's not hitting yet and can't throw.

"I tried throwing the other day but couldn't," Edmonds said. "I'll try again in the next couple of days and see how it goes."

http://marksheldon.mlblogs.com/archives/2010/09/labor_day_in_the_mountains.html

Degenerate39
09-06-2010, 02:32 PM
Time to put Jim on the 60-Day DL and add someone who can help

Ron Madden
09-06-2010, 02:40 PM
Time to put Jim on the 60-Day DL and add someone who can help

I agree. If he in fact does has a torn muscle he won't be much help.

Unassisted
03-25-2011, 11:41 AM
Dickerson is now a Yankee. http://twitter.com/jcrasnick/status/51306914847522816

Tom Servo
03-25-2011, 11:44 AM
Glad he's out of the division so I can now feel like I can root for him.

Eric_the_Red
03-25-2011, 01:23 PM
Glad he's out of the division so I can now feel like I can root for him.

No no, he's a Yankee.

:p:

blumj
03-25-2011, 05:40 PM
Would Dickerson still have options left? Because I'm not seeing how another OFer fits on the NYY roster, so he might wind up a SWB Yankee if he does.

mth123
03-26-2011, 06:54 AM
Would Dickerson still have options left? Because I'm not seeing how another OFer fits on the NYY roster, so he might wind up a SWB Yankee if he does.

Could be at some point. Granderson starts on the DL though and Gardner is banged up as well. Acquiring Dickerson may have been a short term move until they are healthy. Have to wonder if they'll move an OF like Granderson or Swisher for an arm at some point.