PDA

View Full Version : Chris Carpenter is......

mlh1981
08-09-2010, 07:37 PM
.....fill in the blank with your own adjective(s)

A prissy crybaby

sivman17
08-09-2010, 07:39 PM
going to lose tonight.

Vottomatic
08-09-2010, 07:39 PM
due to lose to the reds!

mlh1981
08-09-2010, 07:41 PM
Exactly. He is definately due.

Yes, his history against us is good, but most of our guys haven't been part of that history, so what do they care?

Vottomatic
08-09-2010, 07:44 PM
Oswalt used to have our number too. And we've changed that this year.

10xWSChamps
08-09-2010, 08:10 PM
a former Cy Young award winner who is 3-0 against the Reds this season!

mlh1981
08-09-2010, 08:15 PM
a former Cy Young award winner who is 3-0 against the Reds this season!

Ahh! :eek:

BandwagonRedFan
08-09-2010, 08:22 PM
the best pitcher in baseball

NorrisHopper30
08-09-2010, 08:31 PM

false

NorrisHopper30
08-09-2010, 08:32 PM

halladay, johnson, jimenez >

go back to your cardinals board.

BandwagonRedFan
08-09-2010, 08:33 PM
NorrisHopper I am just curious as to why your signature says you only went to 1 reds game last year but have gone to 6 this year?

Rijo's Ghost
08-09-2010, 08:33 PM

Nope, that would be Adam Wainwright.

BandwagonRedFan
08-09-2010, 08:34 PM
Nope, that would be Adam Wainwright.

well that is true but I felt Carp should have won the Cy last year.

NorrisHopper30
08-09-2010, 08:49 PM
NorrisHopper I am just curious as to why your signature says you only went to 1 reds game last year but have gone to 6 this year?

I couldn't afford a power pack last year.

ThornWithin81
08-09-2010, 09:12 PM
A great pitcher. Pure and simple.

I can't trash talk a guy who has dominated us so completely.

Rex0r
08-09-2010, 10:11 PM
clutch

Krawhitham
08-09-2010, 10:28 PM
.....fill in the blank with your own adjective(s)

A prissy crybaby

on Steroids

Roid Rage, enough said

Rex0r
08-09-2010, 10:30 PM
on Steroids

Roid Rage, enough said

HGH. Just hope he gets suspended while hes hurt hehe :cool:

bagz
08-09-2010, 10:54 PM
An Egomaniac who doesn't care about his teamates just his precious stats

MVPujols
08-09-2010, 10:54 PM
He is a Reds Killer!

FlyerFanatic
08-09-2010, 10:57 PM
i see cards trolls are out in force. lets be honest here, what did you think of that tiff he had with ryan early in the game? that was insane right? i mean ryan wanted a new glove...big deal, if a lace broke that can obviously cause problems. it was just odd, agreed? oh if the media in st louis asks about that and prints what it was about, please post. im curious

MVPujols
08-09-2010, 10:58 PM
i see cards trolls are out in force. lets be honest here, what did you think of that tiff he had with ryan early in the game? that was insane right? i mean ryan wanted a new glove...big deal, if a lace broke that can obviously cause problems. it was just odd, agreed? oh if the media in st louis asks about that and prints what it was about, please post. im curious

Carpenter likes to work fast and it is hot out. I really dont see the issue.

Winning solves all problems.

Reds
08-09-2010, 11:00 PM
CC is someone I'd rather see play in the AL.

FlyerFanatic
08-09-2010, 11:02 PM
Carpenter likes to work fast and it is hot out. I really dont see the issue.

Winning solves all problems.

this was before the game started right? so i dont see why he blows up...again that was odd.

Razzle
08-09-2010, 11:02 PM

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of some of the stupid stuff he says and does (and it seems like it's been muchso more this year than in the past), but in the end he's successful and as a Cards fan I'm willing to look past it moreso than I would if he was just an average player. I'd definitely he rather just shut up and pitch, though. I'm sure most teams have a guy like that. I'm sure just as many Cards fans dislike Phillips as Reds fans dislike Carp.

Vottomatic
08-09-2010, 11:03 PM
He may be a good pitcher, but he's a big baby plain and simple.

zjr1717
08-09-2010, 11:03 PM
really good.

BLEEDS
08-10-2010, 12:07 AM
The Reds' Daddy...

PEACE

-BLEEDS

10xWSChamps
08-10-2010, 12:16 AM
Chris is a competitor and is very intense when he's pitching. He wants to win, plain and simple.

I love his attitude as a Cardinals' fan but I would probably hate it if I were a fan of another team. Chris has more passion then probably 95% of the players in the MLB. Every game is game 7 of the world series to him

redsrolen
08-10-2010, 12:30 AM
He is a great pitcher, but as a woman, his cry baby stuff grosses me out!

MikeThierry
08-10-2010, 02:31 AM

Well, I really don't blame him for being angry. I love Ryan and what he brings to the field but he is the kind of guy who, how can I say this, is immature for his age. His antics can get annoying, though they can make they clubhouse lively. From what I understand, Brendan Ryan was taking BP within the clubhouse while some of the guys were on the field getting ready to start play. The whole glove thing just added to what was going on. I really think it was an instance where the Cards were getting ready to play an important series against the Reds and a players head wasn't in the game. Since Carpenter is a leader in the club house, I see no problem with him getting angry at the guy. After the game, Carpenter said everything was forgiven. I remind you that Carpenter is the one who basically went to LaRussa last year asking Ryan to be the SS every time he pitches. He likes the guy.

By no means am I comparing Carpenter to Bob Gibson but Gibson was the same kind of player. Heck, he told his catcher once to get back behind the plate when the said catcher started to walk to the mound. Gibson gets labeled as a fierce competitor but people take umbridge with this incident.

MikeThierry
08-10-2010, 02:33 AM
Also, as a Cards fan, I appreciate Carp being angry a guy for not doing his job correctly when the game is essentially a blowout. Most guys would let it be but he is a perfectionist.

bshall2105
08-10-2010, 02:44 AM
Also, as a Cards fan, I appreciate Carp being angry a guy for not doing his job correctly when the game is essentially a blowout. Most guys would let it be but he is a perfectionist.

When did 4 run wins become blowouts?

MikeThierry
08-10-2010, 02:45 AM
At the time he allowed the second run, which he got mad at Ryan for, it was a blowout. At least the way Carp was pitching it felt like the Reds were lifeless at the plate. The final score still left little to be desired in the "close game" category however.

MikeThierry
08-10-2010, 04:08 AM
By the way, here is a good article on the whole Carp/Ryan issue:

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20100809&content_id=13255756&vkey=news_stl&fext=.jsp&c_id=stl&partnerId=rss_stl

couch_manager
08-10-2010, 04:27 AM
By the way, here is a good article on the whole Carp/Ryan issue:

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20100809&content_id=13255756&vkey=news_stl&fext=.jsp&c_id=stl&partnerId=rss_stl

Wow...pretty embarrassing. Couldn't he have waited until the game was over and talked to him alone? Stepping a foot out of the dugout isn't private. I don't care if the guy is a "competitor". He's not Ryan's supervisor.

MikeThierry
08-10-2010, 04:33 AM
Wow...pretty embarrassing. Couldn't he have waited until the game was over and talked to him alone? Stepping a foot out of the dugout isn't private. I don't care if the guy is a "competitor". He's not Ryan's supervisor.

Actually, on the field, Carpenter is Ryan's supervisor. Carpenter is the #1 leader on the field outside of Pujols and what ever he says goes. Reading the story more, I back Carpenter on this one. Ryan was late getting on the field and picked out the wrong glove. He can't be doing that in a playoff type game. It would be one thing if it was game 10 in the season but this was an important game. The focus needs to be there.

couch_manager
08-10-2010, 04:37 AM
No, Carpenter is a pitcher and a teammate. If this or something similar to it would have happened before with Ryan, I could understand it. But it's not smart to alienate a player who you rely on to field ground balls.

MikeThierry
08-10-2010, 04:57 AM
Actually, Ryan has been flaky all year and has generally been an immature player in his career. The Cards have put up with his antics because he is one of the best defensive SS in the game (even in a down year he is in the top 5 in Ultimate Zone Rating). However, this kind of stuff is nothing new with Ryan and it gets annoying at times watching him all year. Yes Carpenter is a pitcher and teammate but I have no problem with him calling out a player that doesn't have his head in a game and important series. I like Ryan but he is a head case at times.

Old NDN
08-10-2010, 08:29 AM
An ace.

Vottomatic
08-10-2010, 08:54 AM
Chris Carpenter is.........
.....a reason for Cardinal trolls to join this board.

Trace's Daddy
08-10-2010, 09:06 AM
...is reminiscent of

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/233/671/clemens_display_image.jpg?1274539645

Redlegs23
08-10-2010, 09:52 AM
a little b*tch

Hondo
08-10-2010, 11:53 AM
Actually, Ryan has been flaky all year and has generally been an immature player in his career. The Cards have put up with his antics because he is one of the best defensive SS in the game (even in a down year he is in the top 5 in Ultimate Zone Rating). However, this kind of stuff is nothing new with Ryan and it gets annoying at times watching him all year. Yes Carpenter is a pitcher and teammate but I have no problem with him calling out a player that doesn't have his head in a game and important series. I like Ryan but he is a head case at times.

Dude, no offense but you calling Ryan immature for his age, and back up Carpenter sounds ridiculous.

How do you know he is immature in the Club House?

Also, Carpenter was way out of line doing what he did... Almost Carlos Zambrano like... But not as big a scene...

Carpenter is just upset about his ERA.

texasdave
08-10-2010, 12:00 PM
....someone who will throw his starting SS under the bus on national tv for no good reason.

Krawhitham
08-10-2010, 12:03 PM

He had an issue with his glove, should he had just played with a glove with a broken string? Would that make Carpenter feel better when Ryan boots a ball because of the glove?

texasdave
Carpenter:

"It was just a little miscommunication on my part or misunderstanding on my part," he said. "We're fine. Everything is good. We're good."

Cut to:

Ryan, normally among the most gregarious and quotable Cardinals, left the clubhouse without talking to reporters

Sounds as if everything is good to me. LOL.

DocRed
...a jerk to his teammates.

bounty37h
08-10-2010, 12:18 PM
At the time he allowed the second run, which he got mad at Ryan for, it was a blowout. At least the way Carp was pitching it felt like the Reds were lifeless at the plate. The final score still left little to be desired in the "close game" category however.

I missed the first 3 innings so didnt see any of it, but what does what Ryan did before the game accoring to you have to do with runs scored once the game began? I am confused reading your last 2 posts whats going on....?

arkimadee
08-10-2010, 12:22 PM
the biggest piece of crap in baseball.. i hate the sight of that idiot. he's probably the best pitcher in baseball, no doubt about it but I HATE HIM. He is in the Barry Bonds category as a bass hole to me. I wish that Ryan would have slapped that little witchy frown off his face last night.

DocRed
08-10-2010, 12:39 PM
I thought it was pretty funny after his last temper tantrum that 3 or 4 Cardinals had to go over to him and pat him on the back to try and calm him down.

texasdave
08-10-2010, 12:41 PM
I missed the first 3 innings so didnt see any of it, but what does what Ryan did before the game accoring to you have to do with runs scored once the game began? I am confused reading your last 2 posts whats going on....?

The second run scored on a ground ball right where the shortstop normally plays. Ryan was playing more up the middle at the time. And since Crying Chris can do no wrong it had to be someone else's fault.

redsfan_12
08-10-2010, 12:48 PM
the biggest piece of crap in baseball.. i hate the sight of that idiot. he's probably the best pitcher in baseball, no doubt about it but I HATE HIM. He is in the Barry Bonds category as a bass hole to me. I wish that Ryan would have slapped that little witchy frown off his face last night.

wow. I agree with everything you said. :thumbup:

MikeThierry
08-10-2010, 01:05 PM
He had an issue with his glove, should he had just played with a glove with a broken string? Would that make Carpenter feel better when Ryan boots a ball because of the glove?

Actually, the issue was Brendan bringing out the actual wrong glove.

Hondo, the reason why I know what I know is because Ryan has said even in interviews that "he needs to take things more seriously" and just watching this team all the time its well known that Ryan is more knuckleheadish than most of his teammates.

couch_manager
08-10-2010, 01:12 PM
Brendan Ryan is more of a knucklehead than Felipe Lopez? That's hard to believe.

MikeThierry
08-10-2010, 01:14 PM
Brendan Ryan is more of a knucklehead than Felipe Lopez? That's hard to believe.

I haven't heard anything bad about Lopez so I cannot comment on that issue.

DocRed
08-10-2010, 01:45 PM

Hondo, the reason why I know what I know is because Ryan has said even in interviews that "he needs to take things more seriously" and just watching this team all the time its well known that Ryan is more knuckleheadish than most of his teammates.

So that's why Carpenter personally requests Ryan to play SS when he is pitching?

Rijo's Ghost
08-10-2010, 01:54 PM
So that's why Carpenter personally requests Ryan to play SS when he is pitching?

No, he requests Ryan because Ryan is a spectacular defender.

bounty37h
08-10-2010, 02:42 PM

I had read that his glove was broke, had to use another players glove while that player fixed his, then switched back up once his was fixed? This was from St Loius site i think, though I cant find the link now, so not sure of that part.

Rijo's Ghost
08-10-2010, 03:08 PM
I had read that his glove was broke, had to use another players glove while that player fixed his, then switched back up once his was fixed? This was from St Loius site i think, though I cant find the link now, so not sure of that part.

He was down in the batting cages during the top of the first and was late getting out when the inning went quicker than he expected. He was in a hurry and grabbed the wrong glove on his way out to the field.

DocRed
08-10-2010, 03:39 PM
He was down in the batting cages during the top of the first and was late getting out when the inning went quicker than he expected. He was in a hurry and grabbed the wrong glove on his way out to the field.

He should be shot immediately for such reprehensible behavior.

Vottomatic
08-10-2010, 07:06 PM
Interesting stats for the Cards next couple of series. Carpenter isn't so lights out against the Cubs and Brewers hitters:

Cubs:
Marlon Byrd - 6 for 17 - .353
Starlin Castro - 2 for 6 - .333
Tyler Colvin - 2 for 5 - .400, 1 HR
Blake Dewitt - 2 for 6 - .333
Derek Lee - 16 for 52 - .308
Aramis Ramirez - 15 for 51 - .294
Alfonso Soriano - 13 for 39 - .333
Geovany Soto - 3 for 12 - .250

Brewers:
Rickie Weeks - .571, 2 HR
Corey Hart - .286, 1 HR
Prince Fielder - .333, 1 HR
Chris Dickerson - .385
Ryan Braun - .250, 1 HR

Krawhitham
08-10-2010, 08:24 PM
Roid rage, he is the one that started the fight

crazyjdawg
08-10-2010, 08:28 PM
Carpenter is a whiny *****. I think Phillips was right.

Pony Boy
08-10-2010, 09:43 PM
I didnt think anything of it at the time because I didnt know about the incident last night, but I ate lunch at Nada this afternoon and Carpenter was there all by himself.

ThornWithin81
08-10-2010, 09:50 PM
Okay, I said "a really good pitcher" after yesterday's game. I was willing to forgive his whiny nature with Ryan at the start of the game.

Nevermind.

Chris Carpenter is a *****.

XU Lou
08-10-2010, 10:07 PM
Chris Carpenter is an ENORMOUS GENITAL.

KingCarpenter
08-10-2010, 10:08 PM
A proven winner and a warrior.

XU Lou
08-10-2010, 10:10 PM
Please don't call a baseball pitcher a warrior. That does a great disservice to those who are currently risking their lives as true warriors.

I'll give you the winner.

KingCarpenter
08-10-2010, 10:11 PM
He is also a fantastic pitcher with a Cy Young (and he should have won last year too!)

MikeThierry
08-10-2010, 10:13 PM
Please don't call a baseball pitcher a warrior. That does a great disservice to those who are currently risking their lives as true warriors.

I'll give you the winner.

Agreed. There are only a few warriors left today and they should be recognized. Someone making 15 million a year to play a kids game is not a warrior. I like Carpenter but he certainly shouldn't be in the same breath as the soldiers, firefighters, and police officers in this country.

DocRed
08-11-2010, 12:28 AM
Anyone still have any doubts as to what a great guy Carp is after today? Noble peace prize candidate right there.....

cokesooner
08-11-2010, 01:19 AM
How about Carpenter's comments after the game about Cueto? Just being more of a punk, "I got Cueto kicking me in the back.....I don't know where he learned to fight.."

He's putting Cueto's name out there just so he can get suspended.

knoonan991
08-11-2010, 01:43 AM
enemy #1

Just when I thought I couldn't hate the guy anymore, he has to instigate the second part of the fight (of course he won't even get a slap on the wrist).

08-11-2010, 02:00 AM
LEAVE CHRIS ALONE!!!!!

http://www.thehollywoodgossip.com/images/gallery/chris-crocker-cries.jpg

wojo1025
08-11-2010, 02:02 AM
How about Carpenter's comments after the game about Cueto? Just being more of a punk, "I got Cueto kicking me in the back.....I don't know where he learned to fight.."

Right, Carpenter is obviously a seasoned fighter, after all, he did try and pick a fight with the DUSTY BAKER. Honestly - is he criticizing Cueto for his "fighting style" after he tried to mix it up with the opposing manager? C'mon Carp, really?

knoonan991
08-11-2010, 02:04 AM
Right, Carpenter is obviously a seasoned fighter, after all, he did try and pick a fight with the DUSTY BAKER. Honestly - is he criticizing Cueto for his "fighting style" after he tried to mix it up with the opposing manager? C'mon Carp, really?

This!!

MikeThierry
08-11-2010, 08:59 AM

Actually, Carpenter is an ex-hockey player so I think he knows how to scrum.

Redlegs_87
08-11-2010, 09:04 AM

He's putting Cueto's name out there just so he can get suspended.

Cueto should get suspended. I don't care what happens you don't kick people with metal cleats. Not to say Carpenter isn't a crybaby but Cueto is in the wrong.

Sham
08-11-2010, 11:34 AM
I'm just glad noone was shot.