PDA

View Full Version : Astros Fan Whiffs On Foul Ball, Allows Date to Get Hit

OnBaseMachine
08-10-2010, 03:07 PM
This is hilarious. What are the chances of this couple still being together after that?

For example: kids get top priority over adults. Always. This is not up for debate. Also: guys must protect their date from getting hit on the elbow with screaming line drives. A Houston Astros fan, identified only as "Bo," violated the latter on Monday night when he completely whiffed on a line drive off the bat of Chris Johnson, allowing his date, identified as "Sarah," to get plunked on her right elbow.

Follow the link to watch the video.

http://backporch.fanhouse.com/2010/08/10/astros-fan-whiffs-on-foul-ball-allows-date-to-get-hit/

traderumor
08-10-2010, 03:09 PM
She must really dig the guy, she didn't seem upset at all. He clearly bailed though. "In the lights" is about as bad as "we were on a break." :)

nemesis
08-10-2010, 03:14 PM
She must really dig the guy, she didn't seem upset at all. He clearly bailed though. "In the lights" is about as bad as "we were on a break." :)

Hey, Hey, Hey now. Let's not get carried away with throwing out quality excuses like "we were on a break, I was on vacation so it doesn't count, I was drunk and she took advantage of me" or my personal fave, "we were looking for her contact lens, naked, in the dark." :cool:

camisadelgolf
08-10-2010, 03:26 PM
Hey, Hey, Hey now. Let's not get carried away with throwing out quality excuses like "we were on a break, I was on vacation so it doesn't count, I was drunk and she took advantage of me" or my personal fave, "we were looking for her contact lens, naked, in the dark." :cool:
That reminds me of one of my finer moments in high school. The father of my girlfriend at the time asked us what we're going to do one night, and as a joke, I told him 'nude leapfrog'. Needless to say, it didn't fly over too well, and her family didn't like me much after that.

Anyway, I was in a somewhat similar situation to the guy from the video. One time, a foul ball was coming straight for me and my girlfriend, and I said, "I got it," only to be pushed out of the way by someone near me. That 'someone' turned out to be my current girlfriend, who immediately gave the ball to a nearby boy who was crying because he didn't catch it. That's the only legitimate shot I've ever had at catching a foul ball, and my girlfriend completely ruined it for me.

traderumor
08-10-2010, 03:30 PM
That reminds me of one of my finer moments in high school. The father of my girlfriend at the time asked us what we're going to do one night, and as a joke, I told him 'nude leapfrog'. Needless to say, it didn't fly over too well, and her family didn't like me much after that.

Anyway, I was in a somewhat similar situation to the guy from the video. One time, a foul ball was coming straight for me and my girlfriend, and I said, "I got it," only to be pushed out of the way by someone near me. That 'someone' turned out to be my current girlfriend, who immediately gave the ball to a nearby boy who was crying because he didn't catch it. That's the only legitimate shot I've ever had at catching a foul ball, and my girlfriend completely ruined it for me.What was she, a German weightlifter? That's funny, sounds like a Seinfeld event, sort of like "Bo" pulled a Costanza.

Uh oh, after rereading this, is this the current gf? If so, I'm sure she is a very beautiful German weightlifter that shaves her armpits and everything ;)

Slyder
08-10-2010, 03:53 PM
Now cases like this its great they got tv time out of this. LoL.

RedLegSuperStar
08-10-2010, 05:06 PM
With a name like Bo; did you honestly believe he'd catch anything?

Tornon
08-10-2010, 05:11 PM
Bo knows value yourself over your girlfriend

OnBaseMachine
08-13-2010, 02:42 AM
Astros fan Bo Wyble seemingly lacked chivalry when a foul ball came his way on Monday night -- and now he lacks a girlfriend.

Three days after a video showed Wyble jumping out of the way of an incoming line drive just before the ball struck his then-girlfriend on the arm, the two made an appearance on CBS' "Early Show" on Thursday morning and announced they are no longer a couple.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20100812&content_id=13381796&vkey=news_hou&fext=.jsp&c_id=hou

KronoRed
08-13-2010, 04:38 AM
After listening to those two I think it's good they won't be having any kids :help:

JaxRed
08-13-2010, 07:58 AM
I suspect she'll have no shortage of guys willing to take a foul ball for her.

RBA
08-18-2010, 02:28 AM
She has now given some photos out to a website and are now all over the web. No link here. Google it, if you dare.