PDA

View Full Version : what do we do now?

Reds2010Champs
08-10-2010, 10:16 PM
we are no longer in 1st place and the cardinals have the probable cy young winner pitching tommorow. we are in severe trouble of being put in the rear view mirror. i dont like them but this cardinals team is very very good. they play the game hard also especially albert pujols.

i will be cheering at the stadium tommorow but i feel like we will lose again and i am becoming depressed :( it is really not fun being a reds fan whenever we play St Louis

GIDP
08-10-2010, 10:17 PM
Reds are still in first even if they lose this game :laugh:

Reds2010Champs
08-10-2010, 10:18 PM
Reds are still in first even if they lose this game :laugh:

No they will tied but techically the cards winning % is better (and they also have 2 games in hand)

RedsFanInBama
08-10-2010, 10:19 PM
Umm...keep playing. We win tomorrow, we're back in first. We lose tomorrow, we're a game back. There's still a lot of baseball left to play.

Kiko
08-10-2010, 10:20 PM
The Reds will not lay down. Arroyo will come up big.

ThornWithin81
08-10-2010, 10:22 PM
If we get swept tomorrow we will be one game back in both the Central and the Wildcard. We have an easy schedule down the stretch. We only play the Cardinals three more times after tomorrow.

We're nowhere near being put in the "Rear-view mirror" - this is not the NFL. 162 game season. You sweep some teams. You get swept by some teams. You go on winning streaks. You go on losing streaks.

We're in danger of being swept against our biggest playoff rival. That's rough. It is hardly as bad as you are making it out to be.

If people are this doom and gloom over a two game losing streak in the middle of the longest season in sports, I don't know how Zoners handle football.

Vottomatic
08-10-2010, 10:23 PM
So we lose the battle. I want to win the war.

Cards may have our number because they match up well with us. But they were still in second for a reason before this series. Obviously they don't match up well with everyone else.

We can lose this battle, but easily still win the war. We have a good team.

ThornWithin81
08-10-2010, 10:23 PM
No they will tied but techically the cards winning % is better (and they also have 2 games in hand)

If the Cardinals go 1-1 in those 2 games (hard to specify any two games though) we remain tied atop the Central.

We're leading the Central no matter what happens right now.

Reds2010Champs
08-10-2010, 10:24 PM
well lets be honest this team has had alot of career years from alot of people. alot of good comeback seasons from people such as rolen aswell.

i guess it was only a matter of time before a good solid club such as the cardinals put us in our place :/

i will still hope for the reds but i think we are in trouble and the cardinals will runa way with this division now

RedsFanInBama
08-10-2010, 10:25 PM
Reds2010Champs is a Cardinals fan. Clear as day.

sivman17
08-10-2010, 10:26 PM
What do we do now?

We continue playing baseball. This is one series. Even if the Cards do have our number, we only play them 4 more times after tonight. One game or one series in August does not make a team's season. Even if we lose tomorrow, which I don't think we will, we are only 1 game back in the central. We have been going back and forth all season with the Cards for the division lead.

GIDP
08-10-2010, 10:26 PM
yea its pretty obvious now that I see a couple more post from him.

Vottomatic
08-10-2010, 10:30 PM
Reds2010Champs is a Cardinals fan. Clear as day.

He's been reported over and over. Up to mods to decide.

I agree with you though. He's trying to win an Oscar with this performance. But I think he's going to win a Razzie instead. :D

ThornWithin81
08-10-2010, 10:34 PM
well lets be honest this team has had alot of career years from alot of people. alot of good comeback seasons from people such as rolen aswell.

i guess it was only a matter of time before a good solid club such as the cardinals put us in our place :/

i will still hope for the reds but i think we are in trouble and the cardinals will runa way with this division now

I'll dust this off again...

http://i37.tinypic.com/1447joh.jpg

The join date is a dead giveaway. ;)

MikeThierry
08-10-2010, 10:35 PM
Well if this guy was a Cards fan, he would know that the Cards have been fundamentally unsound all year long. This is the first game in a long time that I have seen the Cards take advantage of mistakes. All year it has been a mentally lazy bunch and it really has been sort of a pitiful team to watch all year long. I'm glad that they won but to say they are fundamentally sound is a joke, at best.

ThornWithin81
08-10-2010, 10:42 PM
Well if this guy was a Cards fan, he would know that the Cards have been fundamentally unsound all year long. This is the first game in a long time that I have seen the Cards take advantage of mistakes. All year it has been a mentally lazy bunch and it really has been sort of a pitiful team to watch all year long. I'm glad that they won but to say they are fundamentally sound is a joke, at best.

Hey, no one said he was a smart Cardinals fan. :beerme:

bagz
08-10-2010, 10:44 PM
So we lose the battle. I want to win the war.

Cards may have our number because they match up well with us. But they were still in second for a reason before this series. Obviously they don't match up well with everyone else.

We can lose this battle, but easily still win the war. We have a good team.

Good Post Brother. The war is far from being over. We're still a good team that hasn't played well the last couple of days. No one expected the REDS to be in first at this point in the year. Some adjustments might have to be made with some of our outfielders and don't forget we have some BIG GUNS that can be brought up anytime. THE CUBAN CONNECTION.

BurgervilleBuck
08-10-2010, 10:44 PM
Reds2010Champs is right. We should just pack it in. Dismantle this team. Sell the franchise to Moose Jaw, SK. Tear down the stadium and put in a jai alai court. Convert the Reds Hall of Fame into a walrus petting zoo. After that, maybe a cult suicide.

Who's with me?

MikeThierry
08-10-2010, 10:47 PM
Hey, no one said he was a smart Cardinals fan. :beerme:

Well, if he is a Cards fan he should be banned anyway for posing as a Reds fan. I admit I'm a Cards fan but I'm not sneaking around, creating new names. I hate trolls from all teams including my own.

Man up, grow a sack, and stop with these childish games Cards and Reds trolls.

Maker_84
08-10-2010, 10:50 PM
were gonna get swept. The cards have proven to be a much better team and the Reds r obviously not themselves when facing them. Its as simple as that. Just hope we can win the wildcard because thats our ceiling

David Cubbedge
08-10-2010, 11:09 PM
Jason LaRue was not concussed.

He can be seen clearly saying "Suck our (explitive) you c-suckers." He said this sitting right next to his buddy Chris Carpenter right after Rasmus made that great catch in CF against Ramon Hernandez.

BurgervilleBuck
08-10-2010, 11:21 PM
He can be seen clearly saying "Suck our (explitive) you c-suckers."
Yah, I saw that, too. But really, it's not as if I needed any more reason to dislike LaRue. Never liked him as a Red, don't like him as a Cardinal.

ThornWithin81
08-11-2010, 12:43 AM
were gonna get swept. The cards have proven to be a much better team and the Reds r obviously not themselves when facing them. Its as simple as that. Just hope we can win the wildcard because thats our ceiling

Please explain to the forum how the Cardinals have proven to be a much better team than the Reds this season.

redsfan_12
08-11-2010, 12:49 AM

lol. Have you ever said a positive thing about this team?

knoonan991
08-11-2010, 12:51 AM

http://media.skateboard.com.au/forum/images/troll-web1.jpg

couch_manager
08-11-2010, 01:01 AM
What do we do now? We bring up Chapman to hit a few Cardinals and blame it on his control issues.

redsfan_12
08-11-2010, 01:03 AM
What do we do now? We bring up Chapman to hit a few Cardinals and blame it on his control issues.

:lol: :lol: :thumbup:

Kingspoint
08-11-2010, 03:37 AM
Win on Wednesday and get back in first.......... two games ahead of the Cardinals in the Win Column and even in the loss column.

arkimadee
08-11-2010, 03:42 AM
Looks like there is only one thing to do.. *dramatic pause* win the whole bleeping thing.

*dramatic pause*

Willy Mays Hayes: YEA

Cerano: YES!!!

arkimadee
08-11-2010, 03:51 AM
Looks like there is only one thing to do.. *dramatic pause* win the whole bleeping thing.

*dramatic pause*

Willy Mays Hayes: YEA

Cerano: YES!!!
YouTube - ‪Major League: Win the whole f*cking thing!"‬‎ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMCaHxZuf94)

arkimadee
08-11-2010, 03:52 AM
YouTube - ‪Major League Movie Soundtrack "Pennant Fever"‬‎ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3jzZmRLXSM&feature=related)

Rijo's Ghost
08-11-2010, 04:07 AM
Just win.

Dale4Saul2Red0
08-11-2010, 04:13 AM
If any of you idiots think this OP is a Reds fan kill yourself

Magdal
08-11-2010, 05:50 AM
If any of you idiots think this OP is a Reds fan kill yourselfHe is indeed. He joined the GDT last nite and openly bashed the team, making anti-Reds posts in spite of his pro Reds user name.

Now tonite he starts a thread on a different page and says "us" instead of "they". He's just a kid smoking pot in the basement and having fun with pizzin' us off. I really don't know why he was not banned. He was warned by a Mod, but he continues to post the same billious B.S.

But on the topic: In the first game the Reds lost the game on 1 meatball pitch to a no hitting, no fielding, no power scrub that's on a pace to hit 3 HRs this year. That chit happens.

Tonite the defense stunk and I'm pretty sure that the brawl had something to do with it: the Reds were just trying too hard. Cuato said as much in his post game talk.

Will the Reds salvage a game vs. Wain? He wins more than he loses, sure. But he gets shelled too. Hell, the Mets beat Koufax, Gibson and Malony when they were the worst team in the history of the game. The Reds are a DAMN sight better.

For some reason some teams just hold it over another. The Cards held it over L.A. last year...a very good team. They beat the Dodgers more than the hapless Stro's and Cubs, but were SWEPT in the playoffs with Carp, Wain and Pinella (a very good #3 guy)

The Reds showed a lack of intensity tonite, but you learn from your mistakes. I can imagine that the guys are sitting around having a beer and talking this whole thing out, and come to the field better tomorro. And if Wain shuts them down? So what? 50 some games left.

I will say this: LaRussa is an ego-maniacal, alcoholic, calculating over managing A-hole that knows every trick in the book. But he benched his 2nd best hitter Ludwick 20 times in favor of Ankiel and and Duncan last year, the 2 worst players in the NL. Point is: as a nuts and bolts manager he is awful, but in the down and dirty game of mind tricks he has it over Baker.

Just send your best 9 out there tomorro Dusty and let 'em play baseball. I know dang well that you urged BP to stir the pot. The mess he said BEFORE the series started was uncharacteristic of a non NFL player, and totally inapropriate as a Cincinatti Red.

GrandSlamCards
08-11-2010, 08:29 PM
I agree

Vottomatic
08-11-2010, 08:42 PM
I agree

Shocking statement.

Probably a Reds fan who is punishing himself by creating a username that depicts what happened to the Reds in this past series. Poor guy. :D