PDA

View Full Version : What really happened

Pages : 1 [2]

bshall2105
08-11-2010, 03:41 AM
So now you admit LaRue went after Cueto?

RedsFanInBama
08-11-2010, 03:45 AM
LaRue got kicked by Cueto before Carpenter got kicked by Cueto. That's plain as day, Rijo's Ghost.

Still, Johnny didn't need to be kicking anybody. He's going to be suspended, and his absence is probably going to hurt this team. I really wish he hadn't done that.

texasdave
08-11-2010, 03:47 AM
I tried to look online for suspension lengths for similar incidents and found this. I forgot about this one. Anyone remember this?

YouTube - ‪Izzy Alcantara Kicks the Catcher‬‎ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2uGROwr-rY)

Rijo's Ghost
08-11-2010, 03:51 AM
So now you admit LaRue went after Cueto?

Admit? I've made that clear the whole time. LaRue went after Cueto after Cueto went after Carpenter. Carpenter was getting kicked in the back by Cueto and LaRue was on the side of Carpenter with a Reds player holding him. You just don't do that. You don't run into a fight then get pinned by your own team and start kicking other guys in the back. You don't kick in baseball fights period. I don't know how some of you guys can watch that and not see how cheap it is as well as ignore the fact that CUETO WAS THE ONLY PLAYER ON EITHER TEAM TO THROW A SINGLE PUNCH OR KICK. It's right there on video guys.

Razzle
08-11-2010, 04:07 AM
Kyle Farnswerth and Paul Wilson got 2 games, and Wilson left a bloody mess. Just sayin'.

This fight has taken my interest in the team from 100% to 101%.

I'm pretty sure Wilson was a starter at the time, but Farnsworth was a reliever and 2 games for a reliever is obviously different than 2 for a starter. If you don't suspend a starter for at least 4 games it's pretty pointless.

As far as Cueto is concerned it was stupid to put himself in the position that he did and regardless of the intentions behind the kicks he still did them. He'll likely be suspended as will Carp. The whole thing was just stupid and about the only person that I thought looked good out of this that was noticeable in the altercation was Scott Rolen for trying to calm things down. Other than potentially LaRue (and I doubt he's hurt), I'm glad nobody got hurt.

RedsFanInBama
08-11-2010, 04:09 AM
LOL. Rolen was trying to calm it down at first, but he clearly got pissed at Carpenter for mouthing off at Dusty and went after him for it. That's what got the whole thing going again after it had pretty much calmed down.

Razzle
08-11-2010, 04:17 AM
LOL. Rolen was trying to calm it down at first, but he clearly got pissed at Carpenter for mouthing off at Dusty and went after him for it. That's what got the whole thing going again after it had pretty much calmed down.

Heh, we all have temporary lapses especially at people as annoying as Carp's been this year, and I say that as a pretty big Carp fan. It seemed to me much of the time he was just trying to separate the hot heads on both sides being the mediator and such. I like to think Scotty was getting there to keep somebody else from slugging Carp like Gomes or some big brute of that ilk. I'm pretty sure he and Carp were pretty close friends when Scotty was in St. Louis.

And don't get me wrong, I enjoy the tension between these two teams, I just wish it all stayed on the field. For as many people were involved and how close this was to that brick backstop this could've been much worse for some of the players.

schmidty622
08-11-2010, 07:35 AM
http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=10821373&query=%26game_pk%3D265499

Watch the video where the Cards react. When Carpenter is talking and then again when Larussa is on they show great clips of it.... Larue is CLEARLY going after Cueto while he is up against the fence. You can see the top of Larue's head going for him before Cueto is even in the position to kick. For the most part he is restrained by the group but at one point Larue gets free and is coming at Cueto and that is when the kicking started. You can also see that Larue got close enough that Cueto has his hands on his face. Cueto's only defense was to use his legs.

Carpenter only gets it in the back after Larue gets restrained again and Cueto was being pulled out.

wojo1025
08-11-2010, 08:02 AM
I have no idea how this thread has reached 18 pages. I can sum it up real quick:

RijosGhost thinks Cueto is the devil and should be banned for baseball for "reacting wrong during a fight", meanwhile LaRue and Carpenter are angels and should receive the NL MVP for trying to host a peace rally during a fight.

That sums it up, can we move on from this topic now?

Magdal
08-11-2010, 08:04 AM
Let me say this: Kung foo Cuato was NEVER kicking. He was vertically stomping to get players off of him. He was scared, and his survival insticts took over. The guy probably played soccer long before B-ball.

I don't fault him one iota for his footwork. Cuts on LaRue's face? Pure B.S. Baseball "spikes" are dull as hell. They work great getting traction on the field, but are not lethal weopons unless you are Cobb, filing them to injure.

LaRussa's comments after the game were laughable: Concussion, facial lacerations to LaRue. Pure B.S. But as I said in another topic Baker orchestrated this whole mess, trying to one-up his hated rival, the scumbag that is LaRussa. I don't like Dusty as a manager, but I like him as a man. But I have seen him copy Tony in several ereas of the game.

Forget trying to out fox the fox Dusty, and let the players play the game.

fielder's choice
08-11-2010, 10:43 AM

fielder's choice
08-11-2010, 10:48 AM
Baseball "spikes" are dull as hell.

:confused:

Magdal
08-11-2010, 11:13 AM

sure the are. ever bought a pair? I have and they were in NO stretch of the imagination sharp. Just metal studs that dig into earth.

fielder's choice
08-11-2010, 11:22 AM
sure the are. ever bought a pair? I have and they were in NO stretch of the imagination sharp. Just metal studs that dig into earth.

I have bought plenty and I certainly dont want anyone kicking me in the face with them.

Wiggidy
08-11-2010, 11:51 AM
Why don't these Cardinal fans go to a Cardinal website where they can yapper with the rest of the girl dogs?

Molina started it and Cueto didn't do anything wrong. Baseball cleats aren't sharp and if you're scared to get kicked by them then you are a girl dog.

bounty37h
08-11-2010, 12:12 PM
Phillips was in the wrong and Molina did what anyone would have done in that situation.

Molina did the right thing.

How ya figure??? Phillips maybe shouldnt have made the comments, but Molina confronted him.

bounty37h
08-11-2010, 12:18 PM
There is nothing wrong with players jawing, neither should have been ejected. The only player that should have been ejected was Cueto.

Why, cause he was pinned on the wall kicking a dude away who was clearly coming for his head-look at the replays again, Larue was def attempting to get at his head, he jsut couldnt get to it. I will be very pissed if Cueto is the only one who gets in trouble. Dont just take lying Larussas word that Cueto was the problem there....

fielder's choice
08-11-2010, 12:18 PM
How ya figure??? Phillips maybe shouldnt have made the comments, but Molina confronted him.

He's right, Phillips tapped him and Molina kicked the bat and that should have been it, but Phillips decided to do it again and thats what started it.

bshall2105
08-11-2010, 12:19 PM
Why, cause he was pinned on the wall kicking a dude away who was clearly coming for his head-look at the replays again, Larue was def attempting to get at his head, he jsut couldnt get to it. I will be very pissed if Cueto is the only one who gets in trouble. Dont just take lying Larussas word that Cueto was the problem there....

Don't bother arguing with him. He's just anti Jonny Cueto.

fielder's choice
08-11-2010, 12:22 PM
You guys defending Cueto kicking away like a madman are hilarious. Wonder if you would be defending Carpenter if it was him in the same situation??????

GIDP
08-11-2010, 12:23 PM
Does anyone really think its out of the realm of possibility that Jason LaRue was going head hunting for Cueto to get him hurt, making it so the Reds would have to pitch the rest of the game with their bullpen? I certainly wouldnt doubt that for 1 second after seeing how LaRue was going after Cueto.

GIDP
08-11-2010, 12:25 PM
You guys defending Cueto kicking away like a madman are hilarious. Wonder if you would be defending Carpenter if it was him in the same situation??????

Given that Carpenter basically worked his way to start the fight back up compared to Cueto who was clearly trying to break it up before being pined I dont think the situations are remotely similar.

Krawhitham
08-11-2010, 12:25 PM
So who was the veterans on the team wondering why they did not throw one in Molina's ribs?

bounty37h
08-11-2010, 12:26 PM
Thank you. It was just a heated scrum for the most part, but Cueto's actions were just insanely wrong and he's going to be suspended. I hate to say it, but 10 games probably isn't even enough. Kicking a man in the back with spikes and another in the face is just wrong. I know there aren't any written baseball fight rules, but he violated the unwritten ones. You don't use a bat, you don't use a ball and you don't use your spikes.

You do if you are pinned against the fence and your feet are your last measure of defense when 2 guys are clearly coming at you. Larue and Carpo are not innocent in that, but being Cards, wil defend it and cry they were wronged.

bounty37h
08-11-2010, 12:30 PM
Yep. Carpenter in the back and then LaRue in the chest and throat/face. Plain as day.

It is def plain as day, to say not is wearing rosyreds colored glasses. But, Larue was def balled fist and coming towards his face when he was pinned up, so I have no problem with it. That was plain as day too from the behind screen camera shot I first saw this morning. Last night I thought different before seeing that.

Rijo's Ghost
08-11-2010, 12:33 PM
You do if you are pinned against the fence and your feet are your last measure of defense when 2 guys are clearly coming at you. Larue and Carpo are not innocent in that, but being Cards, wil defend it and cry they were wronged.

Again, nobody was coming after Cueto. Cueto made a point to go around to Carpenter and then got pinned. At the time he was pinned the players around him were Carpenter and LaRue. LaRue wasn't even facing Cueto and was reaching across Carpenter. When Cueto started kicking Carpenter in the back LaRue went ape ****. It's all right there on video and pretty easy to dissect since there's been about 10 different angles of it shown.

If you'd like to see how over the top biased most of this board has been about it, just read this thread from the start. At first people were saying that Cueto wasn't even kicking. Then once they saw that he was, he didn't kick anyone. Then when they saw that he did kick two guys he was just defending himself.

The bottom line is that Cueto made a point to go after Carpenter, which got himself pinned. There were 5 guys also pinned against the net, and none of them resorted to kicking with baseball spikes. The only punch or kick from any player on the entire field was Cueto. He's in the wrong and is going to get a long suspension.

redssince75
08-11-2010, 12:34 PM

I still have a scar on my knee from 30 years ago where a baserunner put a big slice in it by simply stepping on me when I was covering a bag. Getting kicked in the head with baseball spikes, dull or sharp? Not a good thing.

bounty37h
08-11-2010, 12:39 PM
Again, nobody was coming after Cueto. Cueto made a point to go around to Carpenter and then got pinned. At the time he was pinned the players around him were Carpenter and LaRue. LaRue wasn't even facing Cueto and was reaching across Carpenter. When Cueto started kicking Phillips in the back LaRue went ape ****. It's all right there on video and pretty easy to dissect since there's been about 10 different angles of it shown.

If you'd like to see how over the top biased most of this board has been about it, just read this thread from the start. At first people were saying that Cueto wasn't even kicking. Then once they saw that he was, he didn't kick anyone. Then when they saw that he did kick two guys he was just defending himself.

The bottom line is that Cueto made a point to go after Carpenter, which got himself pinned. There were 5 guys also pinned against the net, and none of them resorted to kicking with baseball spikes. The only punch or kick from any player on the entire field was Cueto. He's in the wrong and is going to get a long suspension.

Well, you say Cueto was the only person who threw a punch or kick, so that shows you saw it different then me, as I saw fists flying before that (couldnt tell through the piles who it was, but def punches attempted, dont know if landed, but there were attempts)). I have watched 3 or 4 different shots now too and still dont think Cueto was going Rambo on people, so guess we will just have to disagree. And your version is odd when compared to interviews, as Carp said he got pissed when he saw Cueto kick his backup catcher, so that doesnt jive with your interpretation (I am saying that to say things were so crazy who knows for sure how things were going down really).

BurgervilleBuck
08-11-2010, 12:40 PM
Why couldn't Brandon have just kept his mouth shut?
This. And we're not the only ones who think that. Per John Fay (http://cincinnati.com/blogs/reds/2010/08/11/gomes-on-the-suspensions-the-brawl-and-defending-your-own/):

"The Reds privately were pretty much unanimous in their displeasure with Phillips’ comments. But he is a Red."

mlh1981
08-11-2010, 12:41 PM
Too bad Phillips didn't homer after all that, in that at bat.

The place was ready to erupt. GABP was an awesome scene after that.

Rijo's Ghost
08-11-2010, 12:55 PM
Well, you say Cueto was the only person who threw a punch or kick, so that shows you saw it different then me, as I saw fists flying before that (couldnt tell through the piles who it was, but def punches attempted, dont know if landed, but there were attempts)). I have watched 3 or 4 different shots now too and still dont think Cueto was going Rambo on people, so guess we will just have to disagree. And your version is odd when compared to interviews, as Carp said he got pissed when he saw Cueto kick his backup catcher, so that doesnt jive with your interpretation (I am saying that to say things were so crazy who knows for sure how things were going down really).

Carpenter said Rolen was pushing him away which he was fine with and the next thing he knew he was getting kicked in the back. He never said anything about seeing LaRue getting kicked in the face and actually is quoted as saying he didn't know anything happened until they were back in the clubhouse.

Here are some screen caps.

Cueto on the far right, Carpenter the only one pinned to the net, Cueto clearly is not. Rolen has LaRue wrapped up and Gomes is between Cueto and LaRue.

http://a.imagehost.org/0396/sup.jpg

Here's Cueto clearly kicking Carpenter in the back with LaRue still between Carpenter and Gomes.

http://i.imagehost.org/0071/cue.jpg

bounty37h
08-11-2010, 12:56 PM
LOL! Good one.:beerme:

No lie, I saw Larue at a fast food joint in Florida after spring training one year, he dropped his drink when the lady handed it to him out the wondow, thought it quite ironic and funny as I laughed at him.

Krawhitham
08-11-2010, 01:14 PM
http://cincinnati.com/blogs/reds/2010/08/11/a-theory-and-what-got-it-really-going/

I’ve since heard more, allowing me to revise:

Here’s what I think got the worst part of the brawl going: Scott Rolen had ahold of the Chris Carpenter, essentially protecting him. The two are friends. Then Carpenter said something very pointed to Dusty Baker.

Things quickly changed. What Baker and Rolen said supports this. Rolen referred to protecting “players and managers.” Baker said: “You can’t go on what you see.”

Once Rolen started at Carpenter, everyone ended up against the net. All hell broke loose.

I don’t expect suspensions to come down for a few days.

“We’re still sending them video,” assistant GM Bob Miller said. “It won’t get there until tomorrow.”

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/reds/2010/08/11/a-theory-and-what-got-it-really-going/

GIDP
08-11-2010, 01:16 PM
This. And we're not the only ones who think that. Per John Fay (http://cincinnati.com/blogs/reds/2010/08/11/gomes-on-the-suspensions-the-brawl-and-defending-your-own/):

"The Reds privately were pretty much unanimous in their displeasure with Phillipsí comments. But he is a Red."

John Fay is going to paint Phillips as bad as possible if you know their history. Fay has nothing to lose making Phillips the devil. I seriously doubt Fay has any idea what players privately think.

GIDP
08-11-2010, 01:18 PM
Carpenter said Rolen was pushing him away which he was fine with and the next thing he knew he was getting kicked in the back. He never said anything about seeing LaRue getting kicked in the face and actually is quoted as saying he didn't know anything happened until they were back in the clubhouse.

Cueto on the far right, Carpenter the only one pinned to the net, Cueto clearly is not. Rolen has LaRue wrapped up and Gomes is between Cueto and LaRue.

Here's Cueto clearly kicking Carpenter in the back with LaRue still between Carpenter and Gomes.

dude you are skipping at least 10 seconds of the fight here. That first screen is from when they first touch the back stop the 2nd is right when they pull carpenter away. They didnt just bounce up against it and bounce away from it.

Rijo's Ghost
08-11-2010, 01:29 PM
dude you are skipping at least 10 seconds of the fight here. That first screen is from when they first touch the back stop the 2nd is right when they pull carpenter away. They didnt just bounce up against it and bounce away from it.

So? It flat out shows Carpenter getting kicked in the back. It's right there.

Our main difference is that if it had been Carpenter doing it instead of Cueto you would be singing a different tune, and I would not be.

GIDP
08-11-2010, 01:34 PM
So? It flat out shows Carpenter getting kicked in the back. It's right there.

Our main difference is that if it had been Carpenter doing it instead of Cueto you would be singing a different tune, and I would not be.

It completely cuts out what me and other posters have been saying about LaRue. To cut all that time out shows nothing other than you trying to purposely skip the middle part of the fight.

Have fun, that will be my last reply to you in this topic.

bounty37h
08-11-2010, 01:41 PM
I love BP but that was stupid, and Molina did exactly what he should have done, imo.

Maybe so, but if so, then he should also take his punishment like a man also since he started the confrontation. Dont be a puss now and say I didn't do anything, you had a choice to let it slide or retaliate, he retaliated and was the instigator, so should be dealt with if others are going to be as well.

10xWSChamps
08-11-2010, 01:54 PM
Maybe so, but if so, then he should also take his punishment like a man also since he started the confrontation. Dont be a puss now and say I didn't do anything, you had a choice to let it slide or retaliate, he retaliated and was the instigator, so should be dealt with if others are going to be as well.

So he should have rolled over and let Phillips call him a little b**** and then mockingly tap his shin pads not once, but twice? Phillips is the instigator in all this. It's not like Molina yelled at him when he came up the plate. He just stood there. Then Phillips tried to tap his shin guards, Molina kicked his bat away. Phillips could have left well enough alone but then he attempted to tap his shin guards AGAIN after Molina had kicked it away in an attempt to get under Molina's skin.

Molina did what anyone would do, you can only take so much BS from one person before you snap

bounty37h
08-11-2010, 02:05 PM
He's right, Phillips tapped him and Molina kicked the bat and that should have been it, but Phillips decided to do it again and thats what started it.

Oh, I agreee thats what happened, but Molina made the first move towards confrontation, so he needs to be dealt with on that decision he made-he had 2 choices, shake it off and move on, no fight happens, or push the issue and confrotn him adn fight starts, you saw what happened. I work in Dept of Juv Justice, and have to tell kids after fights all the time "you may have been or felt in the right, but you made that choice and now have to face consequences for it. Brandon was wrong making those comments, but Molina dindt have to make a move either, both equally in the wrong.

bounty37h
08-11-2010, 02:16 PM
So he should have rolled over and let Phillips call him a little b**** and then mockingly tap his shin pads not once, but twice? Phillips is the instigator in all this. It's not like Molina yelled at him when he came up the plate. He just stood there. Then Phillips tried to tap his shin guards, Molina kicked his bat away. Phillips could have left well enough alone but then he attempted to tap his shin guards AGAIN after Molina had kicked it away in an attempt to get under Molina's skin.

Molina did what anyone would do, you can only take so much BS from one person before you snap

Yup, and when you snap your responsible for your actions. I am not saying Phillips should have played his role by any means, but if he gets suspended and blamed for this, then Molina needs to take his too. Both had choices, made poor ones, and both should hav eto deal with it. Either let em all go and move on, or punish both sides equally and fairly for thier invovlement is all I am saying.

fielder's choice
08-11-2010, 02:33 PM
Molina didnt really do anything though other than stand up and get in his face. I doubt he or BP get punished.

10xWSChamps
08-11-2010, 02:45 PM
Yup, and when you snap your responsible for your actions. I am not saying Phillips should have played his role by any means, but if he gets suspended and blamed for this, then Molina needs to take his too. Both had choices, made poor ones, and both should hav eto deal with it. Either let em all go and move on, or punish both sides equally and fairly for thier invovlement is all I am saying.

If Brandon Phillips doesn't exist then there's a 0% chance that happens last night

GIDP
08-11-2010, 02:46 PM
If Brandon Phillips doesn't exist then there's a 0% chance that happens last night

But the cardinal whining still exist so lets blame the guy that pointed it out.

10xWSChamps
08-11-2010, 02:54 PM
But the cardinal whining still exist so lets blame the guy that pointed it out.

The Cardinals do have some whiners, I can admit that. But the Reds employ the biggest whiner in major league baseball.

The difference? The Cardinals can back their whining up and your whiner falls flat on his face.

And didn't Votto or someone go on a tirade against the Cubs recently? The Reds aren't a team full of angels or stoic individuals either

bounty37h
08-11-2010, 02:54 PM
[QUOTE=10xWSChamps;2204014]If Brandon Phillips doesn't exist then there's a 0% chance that happens last night[/QUO

Goes both ways, if Molina hadnt spoke up then there is 0% chance that happens either.

GIDP
08-11-2010, 02:58 PM
The Cardinals do have some whiners, I can admit that. But the Reds employ the biggest whiner in major league baseball.

The difference? The Cardinals can back their whining up and your whiner falls flat on his face.

Reds are 1 game back at most, tied for wins, and the Cardinals cant pitch their 3 best starters every day and they wont have 50% of the balls they put in play land for hits the rest of the year.

Mean while the cardinals continue to whine about someone calling them out for whining. when are you going to notice the irony?

sivman17
08-11-2010, 03:06 PM
But the Reds employ the biggest whiner in major league baseball.

And didn't Votto or someone go on a tirade against the Cubs recently? The Reds aren't a team full of angels or stoic individuals either

Who's the guy on the Reds that's the biggest whiner in baseball?

Votto said he didn't like the Cubs, but he said it while laughing and later said he was joking. Nothing to write home about.

10xWSChamps
08-11-2010, 03:07 PM
Reds are 1 game back at most, tied for wins, and the Cardinals cant pitch their 3 best starters every day and they wont have 50% of the balls they put in play land for hits the rest of the year.

Mean while the cardinals continue to whine about someone calling them out for whining. when are you going to notice the irony?

Isn't there irony about the whiniest player in baseball whining about another team's whining?

Where have the Cardinals whined about Phillips comments? They've barely said anything about them and certainly haven't struck back in the press. They are striking back on the field.

GIDP
08-11-2010, 03:09 PM
Isn't there irony about the whiniest player in baseball whining about another team's whining?

Where have the Cardinals whined about Phillips comments? They've barely said anything about them and certainly haven't struck back in the press. They are striking back on the field.

So 1 comment from Phillips makes him the whiniest player in baseball? Seems like some tax avoiding math is going on here.

10xWSChamps
08-11-2010, 03:11 PM
So 1 comment from Phillips makes him the whiniest player in baseball? Seems like some tax avoiding math is going on here.

He has to at least be top 5 with those comments. You're a huge homer if you don't think that Brandon Phillips is a whiner, and a big one. Should I post his comments? He sounds like an eighth grader in that rant.

GIDP
08-11-2010, 03:15 PM
He has to at least be top 5 with those comments. You're a huge homer if you don't think that Brandon Phillips is a whiner, and a big one. Should I post his comments? He sounds like an eighth grader in that rant.

Lets compare them to the actions of the Cardinals.

Rasmus actually says "doo doo and slop"
Carpenter whines about slippery balls
Duncan accuses Arroyo of cheating with pine tar
Smoltz whines about slippery balls
Pujols whines about someone showing emoition
LaRussa whines to walt about Phillips commenting on how much the Cardinals whine.

The list isnt short here. The reds for the first time said something about the Cardinals and now they are the whiners? Lets seriously just end this conversation because if you arent willing to admit that then I might as well go talk to a wall. Better yet I'll same myself some trouble and just put you on ignore list with the rest of the people who bring nothing to this discussion other than trolling.

sivman17
08-11-2010, 03:18 PM

I don't recall any other instances of him "whining." And I don't really consider calling your opponent a "female dog" whining.

It's common knowledge that the Cardinals complain a lot... A LOT. It's always something. B Phil wasn't whining, he was talking smack. He's got a football player's mentality and that's how he plays the game on and off the field. Just because he said something other people are afraid to doesn't make him a whiner.

10xWSChamps
08-11-2010, 03:20 PM
I have admitted a number of times the Cardinals do indeed have whiners on this team. Look at page 20, I said about 10 minutes ago that I can admit the Cardinals have whiners on the team!!

This is what I said on page 20

The Cardinals do have some whiners, I can admit that

Those comments by Phillips are the most childish I've ever seen from an MLB player. The problem here is that you can't admit the Reds have at least one massive whiner of their own. And Votto isn't an innocent man himself.

GIDP
08-11-2010, 03:23 PM
I think Tony LaRussa is still whining about his player getting into a fight after going out of his way to mouth off to the other teams manager.

How dare the Reds go after Carpenter for that. Hes just being a professional player and Dusty Baker and all them Reds are just whiners because they didnt like what Carpenter said. What a bunch of babies.

GIDP
08-11-2010, 03:24 PM
I keep getting baited back in.

Road Pop
08-11-2010, 03:24 PM
LaRussa will turn this into a witch hunt.

Road Pop
08-11-2010, 03:25 PM
I keep getting baited back in.

:D

10xWSChamps
08-11-2010, 03:26 PM
I can't take this homerism anymore. I am going to have to avoid this thread before i say something that gets me banned. Cya in another thread guys

GIDP
08-11-2010, 03:27 PM
LaRussa will turn this into a witch hunt.

He's already claimed that he was throwing up during the game last night because of how emotionally scared he was from the Reds players reactions.

LaRussa could stab someone in the face with a lightning bolt and blame it on someone else saying he was just trying to be professional.

Road Pop
08-11-2010, 03:27 PM
Wonder if everything would be different if it was Brandon calling them *****ers instead of *****es?

sivman17
08-11-2010, 03:28 PM
Those comments by Phillips are the most childish I've ever seen from an MLB player. The problem here is that you can't admit the Reds have at least one massive whiner of their own. And Votto isn't an innocent man himself.

I'm assuming you are referring to Votto's comments after the All-Star game. You do realize he was joking about that, right? He is the most soft-spoken and quiet player on the team. He is innocent.

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/reds/2010/07/16/votto-on-cubs-comment-i-was-joking/

Road Pop
08-11-2010, 03:33 PM
He's already claimed that he was throwing up during the game last night because of how emotionally scared he was from the Reds players reactions.

LaRussa could stab someone in the face with a lightning bolt and blame it on someone else saying he was just trying to be professional.

Probably the lunchtime cocktails didn't settle. I expect him to put on quite a show with Selig. I personally think if it didn't happen during Brandons first at bat, it would have happened at some other point in the game. Kinda like the Cards were told to confront someone. The shinguard tapping was the easy way to do it.

Vottomatic
08-11-2010, 03:34 PM
I can't take this homerism anymore. I am going to have to avoid this thread before i say something that gets me banned. Cya in another thread guys

No please. Keep commenting. Throw some more insults in there too. Push the envelope.

Gee, coming onto an opponents message board and having a problem with all the "homerism". That has to be a classic. That's my new signature. :thumbup:

AintlifeGrande
08-11-2010, 03:49 PM
At least the Card homers know where to find the best baseball board.Have you seen their boards?Pulease.:thumbdown

sivman17
08-11-2010, 03:58 PM
Just read this on gatewayredbirds.com and thought it was pretty funny. At least Cards fans know they complain a lot

We do piss and moan more than any other team that I know of. Tipping pitches, stealing signs, balls not rubbed up, etc...

redlegs2370
08-11-2010, 04:02 PM

That's not a kick, a kick would be with the tip of the shoe. He is clearly pinned against the fence and his instinct was to push away with his back and hands against the fence. The whole thing is the Cardinals want one of the Reds best pitchers to be suspended because that will hurt the Reds.

Rijo's Ghost
08-11-2010, 04:20 PM
This is pointless. He was kicking, everyone knows it and everyone saw it. There were other guys pinned up against the wall but they weren't kicking. If it was a Cardinal player doing the same thing your opinion would be the absolute opposite of what it is now, and you know it.

bounty37h
08-11-2010, 04:37 PM
Sure wish that guy in the front row with the camera would get on here and tell us what really went down, gotta feeling none of us are exactly correct...Of course I relaly wish he woulda dropped the camera and crushed Carp in the back of the head a few times when he was on the ropes, I kid, I kid :) Or do I :)?

cbolt73
08-11-2010, 08:00 PM
There is not sport other than Euro fag soccer where kicking another man is acceptable in a scuffle. Man up, look him in the eye, and say or do what needs to be done. Carpenter and many others were pushed against the net - Carpenter much more so than Cueto. He was driven from 20 feet by the pile and smashed into the net. Plenty of guys on both sides went down on the turf and were trampled on, etc. No biting, hair pulling or kicking resulted.

Cueto, on the other hand, was periperal to the event until he raced to the back of the pile from the 1st base side, flopped on his back and started launching ***** kicks and limp-wristed slaps. I expect and hope that the Reds HoF players say what needs to be said. I am confident that Rolen will take care of this within the clubhouse. Embarassing.

Win something first.

Hey Meat
08-11-2010, 08:28 PM
Phillips was in the wrong and Molina did what anyone would have done in that situation.

You are probably one of the Cardinals fans that was sitting by me last night. How could you say that?

GrandSlamCards
08-11-2010, 08:34 PM

+1

Nice to see not all Reds fans are being blind bomers and blaming Molina

Hey Meat
08-11-2010, 09:01 PM
+1

Too bad you guys can't beat the Astros and the Cubs. We will still beat you out. Watch

redlegs2370
08-11-2010, 09:27 PM
+1

Uh he was the one who said something to Phillips. Phillips was being his jovial self when the game started. Molina could have stayed in his crouched position and could have played ball. He and Carpenter obviously crossed the line and like typical Cardinal fans you guys can't take it when you beloved Cardinal players do something wrong.

HarlieChustle
08-11-2010, 09:47 PM
Uh he was the one who said something to Phillips. Phillips was being his jovial self when the game started. Molina could have stayed in his crouched position and could have played ball. He and Carpenter obviously crossed the line and like typical Cardinal fans you guys can't take it when you beloved Cardinal players do something wrong.

Dont you think youre leaving quite a bit out? BP tapped his shin guards, Molina kicked it away and told him were not friends, dont touch me... BP tapped it again to spite him. Molina got in his face.
http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20100810&content_id=13276098&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

If someone touched you when you didnt want to be touched and you told them to stop.. if they did it again, please tell me you would get up in their face too.

redlegs2370
08-11-2010, 09:57 PM
Dont you think youre leaving quite a bit out? BP tapped his shin guards, Molina kicked it away and told him were not friends, dont touch me... BP tapped it again to spite him. Molina got in his face.
http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20100810&content_id=13276098&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

If someone touched you when you didnt want to be touched and you told them to stop.. if they did it again, please tell me you would get up in their face too.

First of all don't disrespect the hit king with your harlie chustle. Pete had more hits and won more games than anybody in Cardinals franchise history!

2nd for Reds fans that watch most of the games Phillips does the little tap to begin the game and did so Monday night. Why didn't Molina tell him this on Monday? Why because Molina is a jerk and doesn't belong in the game of baseball.

HarlieChustle
08-11-2010, 10:51 PM
First of all don't disrespect the hit king with your harlie chustle. Pete had more hits and won more games than anybody in Cardinals franchise history!

2nd for Reds fans that watch most of the games Phillips does the little tap to begin the game and did so Monday night. Why didn't Molina tell him this on Monday? Why because Molina is a jerk and doesn't belong in the game of baseball.

I mean no disrespect, Pete Rose is the man. I met him in Vegas and bought one of his "hit king jerseys". The login "CharlieHustle" was already taken. If I wanted to be disrespectful I would have used something like ChuckFarley.

Now, Im guessing you never played much baseball, but tapping the catchers guards isnt a Phillips thing, its a friendship thing and they are simply saying "hey, good luck and have good game". Either way, if you think hes a little #### why would you even want to acknowledge him? You dont like him, dont be concerned with him and just play ball.

Why didnt Molina tell him on Monday? Well.. I have no idea when he heard the comments, Im guessing he doesnt watch much sportscenter. So Tuesday might have been his first opportunity.

So you think Molina is a jerk because he got in someones face who called him a female dog, then continued to touch him when they were told not to? please tell me there is something else...

Now I answered all your questions.. can you answer mine? If you tell someone not to touch you and they do it to you again, would you get in their face?

HARP3R
08-11-2010, 11:00 PM
Too bad you guys can't beat the Astros and the Cubs. We will still beat you out. Watch

It's cool. Your "Cardinals East" boys are apparently very generous and feel bad that the Redbirds have had difficulties with the Stros this year, because you all have given us quite a few Ws and very few Ls.

The Reds may very well end up beating the Cards out, but I'll take solace in knowing we didn't lose the NL Central because of Walt's Reds...

HARP3R
08-11-2010, 11:05 PM

Maybe if Phillips hadn't run his mouth, Molina wouldn't have taken exception to BP's gesture. Molina certainly didn't like BP's first attempt at a shin-guard-tap, so why did Brandon feel the need for a second tap?

sivman17
08-11-2010, 11:10 PM
Molina certainly didn't like BP's first attempt at a shin-guard-tap, so why did Brandon feel the need for a second tap?

To rattle your opponent a little bit. B Phil probably didn't think things would escalate like they would, but nothing wrong with trying to get into the head of your opponent.

Obviously it didn't quite turn out well for him.

HarlieChustle
08-11-2010, 11:10 PM
It's cool. Your "Cardinals East" boys are apparently very generous and feel bad that the Redbirds have had difficulties with the Stros this year, because you all have given us quite a few Ws and very few Ls.

The Reds may very well end up beating the Cards out, but I'll take solace in knowing we didn't lose the NL Central because of Walt's Reds...

I hate to tell you but STL has as many CIN players (although not as prominent) as CIN has STL.
Felipe Lopez
Jason LaRue
Dennys Reyes
Kyle Lohse
Ryan Franklin

HARP3R
08-11-2010, 11:12 PM

Ahh, there isn't too much wrong with a 3-game series sweep in your house on our way to our 10th W in 15 tries against the Reds this year.

We may be homers when defending our players, but isn't that exactly what you're doing?

There really isn't two sides to this story. BP ran his mouth. Molina heard Phillips' comments. BP taps Molina's guard. Molina kicks it away. BP tries again, even though he knows this displeases Yadi. The rest is history. Oh, and Cueto KICKS Carp and LaRue (when almost entirely surrounded by his teammates) like a little girl.

Honestly, I can't for the life of me understand how this whole fiasco can be perceived in any other way...

HARP3R
08-11-2010, 11:14 PM
To rattle your opponent a little bit. B Phil probably didn't think things would escalate like they would, but nothing wrong with trying to get into the head of your opponent.

Obviously it didn't quite turn out well for him.

Ok, I can understand that mentality.

So flip to the other side of that page. Why was Molina in the wrong when he stood up for his team and himself when BP clearly tried to show him up?

sivman17
08-11-2010, 11:16 PM
Honestly, I can't for the life of me understand how this whole fiasco can be perceived in any other way...

So.. are you trying to say that Carpenter had no part in it? The fiasco was calming down until Carp started running his mouth to our manager. Carp, the king of whining and complaining, starts yelling at Dusty.

The whole Rolen-Carp-LaRue-Cueto thing would've never happened had Carpenter stopped flapping his jaws. Everyone else was calmed down but he felt the need to add fuel to the fire.

HARP3R
08-11-2010, 11:17 PM
I hate to tell you but STL has as many CIN players (although not as prominent) as CIN has STL.
Felipe Lopez
Jason LaRue
Dennys Reyes
Kyle Lohse
Ryan Franklin

Reds West > Cardinals East

HarlieChustle
08-11-2010, 11:17 PM
So.. are you trying to say that Carpenter had no part in it? The fiasco was calming down until Carp started running his mouth to our manager. Carp, the king of whining and complaining, starts yelling at Dusty.

The whole Rolen-Carp-LaRue-Cueto thing would've never happened had Carpenter stopped flapping his jaws. Everyone else was calmed down but he felt the need to add fuel to the fire.

If that did happen then he deserved to get pushed into the fence, but I dont think anyone deserves to get kicked in the face or back with metal spikes.

Defacto
08-11-2010, 11:18 PM
Felipe Lopez
Jason LaRue
Dennys Reyes
Kyle Lohse
Ryan Franklin

You're excluding the great Aaron Miles.:D

Here's the list of ex-Cardinals the Reds have on their roster:
Miguel Cairo
Scott Rolen
Russ Springer
Mike Lincoln
Jim Edmonds

Bonus: Jason Isringhausen(who was signed to a minor league deal) and Walt Jocketty(ex-Cardinals GM).

HARP3R
08-11-2010, 11:19 PM

And the whole Rolen-Carp-LaRue-Cueto would've never happened had Carp stopped flapping his jaws would've never happened if BP didn't flap his... ;)

StL
08-11-2010, 11:28 PM
Hello, First off I want it to be known this is not a post to incite a e-thug war, itís just a post so some of the Reds fans know what the Cardinals fans are thinking if they have not already been posted in this thread.

I just wanted to say it was a great series and itís nice to have another rivalry other than the cubs now, I have not seen a regular season series like that in a long time it was like post season in August. But now on to my opinions of the Phillips, Molina, Cueto, Rolen, and carpenter fiasco. That situation got out of hand very quickly and while I will try to avoid placing blame I must say it was not a smart move to tap the catcher of the opposing team (a sign of good luck or a hello) after you make comments like he did prior to the game, what did he think was going to happen, but perhaps out of habit since he does it all the time but after the first attempt I would have thought he would have realized it.

As for the rest of the incident, I think Rolen was trying to keep things under control, but without knowing the exchange of words looks like either Carpenter said something or Dusty said something to get Carp going, I think Rolen took exception to it or was just thinking ďthis is going to get out of handĒ and rushed Carp to calm things down and everyone started to push. The only reason I say this is because Rolen was holding Carpenter and got him out of the middle of the mess and even after the scrum he was on the Cardinals side of the field talking to Carpenter. Iím not sure if you guys got to see any of our players post game comments but Carpenter said that he didnít realize it was Scottie grabbing him and has no problem with what Scott did and they are fine. He just really took exception and I think every Cardinals fan or a lot of people in general is with Cuetoís kicking. He was backed up to the fence trying to protect himself, is a line of bull and you even have to admit that. It was mostly your team holding him to the fence, now at first maybe but Carpenter was in the same situation and he didnít kick anyone, I just canít see a reason to justify the kicking.

As for what I think will happen is Cueto will be suspended, just donít think there is a way around it, Carpenter is to me up in the air, I think he will defiantly get a fine but suspension might be a little far, but he did (as did Rolen I guess) incite the second half of the pushing contest so I can see a suspension if MLB says so. And I really think that would be it, Molina did nothing same with Phillips. Rolen may wind up with a fine but probably not deserving enough of one unless they suspend carpenter then I think they would have to do something to Rolen.

Lastly just wanted to thank you guys for starting the future of what looks to be a great rivalry, but please keep it friendly in the stands. The Cards and Cubs have had a great rivalry countless years but itís always friendly in the stands, Cubs fans come down here and Cards fans go up there its always been friendly and peaceful so please letís keep this newly formed rivalry the same, clean good fun out of mutual respect. Although I would bet Phillips gets booíd very loudly the next time he is at Busch.

HARP3R
08-11-2010, 11:51 PM
Lastly just wanted to thank you guys for starting the future of what looks to be a great rivalry.

I'll second that.

The Reds have been a very intriguing and exciting team to watch this year, and it's definitely refreshing to see another team come to rise in the NL Central.

Cincinnati has the makings of a team that will wreak havoc for years to come, in all divisions, and in both leagues, and honestly, I hope they do as long as my Redbirds can find a way to come out on top.

tapout
08-11-2010, 11:57 PM
This is my first post on here... I have been reading all the post that have been made since the start of the game Monday.. Im not the one to reply a post to comments.. But after reading what HOMERS you guys are, crying over everything this series... BP saying that all the cards do is moan and bleep all the time.. He must of took that from his fans.. Pot calling the kettle black.. BP saying what he said then trying to tap Molina on the shin.. No way how stupid could you be? The Reds are a great team and trust me that scares me it really does.. But for most of you to say that cards fan our horrible that is just ludicrous.. If you post something like i was on twitter and 3 post was cards fan spiting on them and trying to fight.. Then post the link and back up your point, im pretty sure that your making that up... Im not sure but just wonder if your all aware that St.Louis is BASEBALL HEAVEN we have that name for a reason.. If an oposing player makes a great play we will give them a standing O.. We will let are team know if were not happy with their play.. I promise this when BP is introduce he will get a standing O I Promise that.. I never had a problem with another team untill now.. I dont really care that all of you hate the cards.. I just dont like the Homers that you all are.. Its time to take off the Reds googles and look around..

Razzle
08-12-2010, 12:01 AM
Posting on an opponents board and trying to rationalize things after a heated series is probably the most inane things one could do. Regardless of whether you are right or not, neither side is going to cave.

sivman17
08-12-2010, 12:04 AM
This is my first post on here... I have been reading all the post that have been made since the start of the game Monday.. Im not the one to reply a post to comments.. But after reading what HOMERS you guys are, crying over everything this series... BP saying that all the cards do is moan and bleep all the time.. He must of took that from his fans.. Pot calling the kettle black.. BP saying what he said then trying to tap Molina on the shin.. No way how stupid could you be? The Reds are a great team and trust me that scares me it really does.. But for most of you to say that cards fan our horrible that is just ludicrous.. If you post something like i was on twitter and 3 post was cards fan spiting on them and trying to fight.. Then post the link and back up your point, im pretty sure that your making that up... Im not sure but just wonder if your all aware that St.Louis is BASEBALL HEAVEN we have that name for a reason.. If an oposing player makes a great play we will give them a standing O.. We will let are team know if were not happy with their play.. I promise this when BP is introduce he will get a standing O I Promise that.. I never had a problem with another team untill now.. I dont really care that all of you hate the cards.. I just dont like the Homers that you all are.. Its time to take off the Reds googles and look around..

All I can say is that this is a Reds message board. I would say that anyone who posts on a message board is either 1) a die-hard fan who follows the team no matter if they win or lose or 2) the bandwagoners who have recently joined because the team is having a good season. I think a lot of regular posters on here are legit fans based on their "join date" to this site. But, whether it's the regular fans or the bandwagon fans, which there are on this site, it's still a Reds message board. For you to come onto this site, which is made up of big enough Reds fans that they spend time talking about it online with a bunch of strangers, obviously they are going to be homers. It makes no sense for you to join a Reds board and to post it saying that a bunch of die-hard and/or bandwagon fans are homers. That's like saying a bear craps in the woods. Just doesn't need to be pointed out, and saying it doesn't add anything to the discussion.

We did not invite all you Cards fans here. Not that we can't engage in decent discussion, but it's people like you that come on here and say things just for effect that rubs us the wrong way and gives a bad name to all Cards fans. Obviously, the Reds posters on here don't speak for all Reds fans, just as a few of you Cards fans on here don't represent all Cards fans. But, it is what it is. If you don't like it, you can leave and we won't miss you.

tapout
08-12-2010, 12:08 AM
Ok i get your point.. I didnt mean to step on your toes... Really sorry.. The only reason i posted on here couse there are Reds fan on our boards and i saw them trying to brag on here...

StL
08-12-2010, 12:09 AM
Ok i get your point.. I didnt mean to step on your toes... Really sorry.. The only reason i posted on here couse there are Reds fan on our boards and i seen them trying to brag on here...

Go away, the only reason you posted is to voice your two **** opinion and try to piss people off.

HARP3R
08-12-2010, 12:10 AM
It makes no sense for you to join a Reds board and to post it saying that a bunch of die-hard and/or bandwagon fans are homers. That's like saying a bear craps in the woods. Just doesn't need to be pointed out, and saying it doesn't add anything to the discussion.

+1

Everyone will defend their own team. Sometimes regardless of the circumstances.

Admittedly, I was drawn here by yesterday's events, as I was curious to hear the other side's story, but I'm truly just a baseball fan who's curious about my team's most dangerous foe.

I'd like nothing but civil discussions with posters who can offer a different perception of the NL Central.

Defacto
08-12-2010, 12:13 AM
All I can say is that this is a Reds message board. I would say that anyone who posts on a message board is either 1) a die-hard fan who follows the team no matter if they win or lose or 2) the bandwagoners who have recently joined because the team is having a good season. I think a lot of regular posters on here are legit fans based on their "join date" to this site. But, whether it's the regular fans or the bandwagon fans, which there are on this site, it's still a Reds message board. For you to come onto this site, which is made up of big enough Reds fans that they spend time talking about it online with a bunch of strangers, obviously they are going to be homers. It makes no sense for you to join a Reds board and to post it saying that a bunch of die-hard and/or bandwagon fans are homers. That's like saying a bear craps in the woods. Just doesn't need to be pointed out, and saying it doesn't add anything to the discussion.

We did not invite all you Cards fans here. Not that we can't engage in decent discussion, but it's people like you that come on here and say things just for effect that rubs us the wrong way and gives a bad name to all Cards fans. Obviously, the Reds posters on here don't speak for all Reds fans, just as a few of you Cards fans on here don't represent all Cards fans. But, it is what it is. If you don't like it, you can leave and we won't miss you.

I thought we were having a decent discussion. Even though I am Cardinals fan, doesn't mean I hate the Reds or their fans. I just hate that because a few people here decide to come over here and troll, doesn't mean all of us Cardinals fans are trolls.

sivman17
08-12-2010, 12:17 AM
I thought we were having a decent discussion. Even though I am Cardinals fan, doesn't mean I hate the Reds or their fans. I just hate that because a few people here decide to come over here and troll, doesn't mean all of us Cardinals fans are trolls.

Well, it hasn't all been a decent discussion the past few days. I was mostly replying to tapout when he called us all homers. I just thought that was kind of obvious and unnecessary.

Defacto
08-12-2010, 12:20 AM
Well, it hasn't all been a decent discussion the past few days. I was mostly replying to tapout when he called us all homers. I just thought that was kind of obvious and unnecessary.

I understand that. No one likes it when opposing fan bases go onto the home team's turf and trolls. I just don't like it when we, the opposing fan base, tries to have a civil discussion with a few posters and others intrude and call us trolls. I'm not talking about you, sivman.

sivman17
08-12-2010, 12:31 AM
I understand that. No one likes it when opposing fan bases go onto the home team's turf and trolls. I just don't like it when we, the opposing fan base, tries to have a civil discussion with a few posters and others intrude and call us trolls. I'm not talking about you, sivman.

I'm not opposed to discussion with other teams' fans either. I'm part of a Bengals board that has whole section called "smack talk" where fans of other teams can come on and, well, talk smack. Those discussions can get heated, but for the most part it's actually pretty civilized and people don't just say stupid things for effect. It's actually quite fun to banter back and forth.

I'm not saying you were saying stupid things.. but just in general.. the Cards trolls and the Reds fans on here that were getting out of hand.

Stan the Man
08-12-2010, 12:54 AM
Come on Reds fans, you have people all over our message boards as well so get off the pedestal. Also, I know it is exciting that your team is competing for the division since it has been a 15 year playoff drought, but how about going about it with a little class. What is going on with all the name calling? You hate Carpenter because he's good. He may have a bit of a mouth, but he can back it up. As a Cardinal, Carpenter is 81-27, won a Cy Young, World Series, and two comeback player of the year awards. That's an 82% winning percentage. You know you would love to have a pitcher that successful on your team, and if it was Carp you would be writing what a firery guy he is rather than calling him a whiner. If Rolen was still a Cardinal you'd be writing bad things about him too I'm sure. I know it has been a while, but try winning with a little class and appreciate the great players in the game rather than insulting them because they aren't on your team. Oh, and from all of us Cards fans, please extend our sincere gratitude to your fiery second baseman for all the comments that did a great job of inspiring the Cards to sweep of the Reds!

redsfan_12
08-12-2010, 01:01 AM
Come on Reds fans, you have people all over our message boards as well so get off the pedestal. Also, I know it is exciting that your team is competing for the division since it has been a 15 year playoff drought, but how about going about it with a little class. What is going on with all the name calling? You hate Carpenter because he's good. He may have a bit of a mouth, but he can back it up. As a Cardinal, Carpenter is 81-27, won a Cy Young, World Series, and two comeback player of the year awards. That's an 82% winning percentage. You know you would love to have a pitcher that successful on your team, and if it was Carp you would be writing what a firery guy he is rather than calling him a whiner. If Rolen was still a Cardinal you'd be writing bad things about him too I'm sure. I know it has been a while, but try winning with a little class and appreciate the great players in the game rather than insulting them because they aren't on your team. Oh, and from all of us Cards fans, please extend our sincere gratitude to your fiery second baseman for all the comments that did a great job of inspiring the Cards to sweep of the Reds!

:rolleyes::rant::censored:

sivman17
08-12-2010, 01:02 AM

Not sure why I keep allowing myself to get sucked in, but it's 1 AM and I guess I'm bored. As far as hating Carpenter because he is good, that's such an empty claim.

Roy Oswalt has beat up the Reds for much longer and to a bigger degree than Carp has, and I don't think any Reds fan hate him. Until this year when we've fared well against him, we hated facing him, but we don't hate him. He is a true professional with a lot of class. Carp is whiner, plain and simple. Personally, I dislike Carpenter because he complains so much.

LOL... Carp laid into his own player on national TV because his glove was broken! What a prima donna!

GIDP
08-12-2010, 01:05 AM
Seriously guys just do yourself a favor and stop posting. Im talking to the Reds fans. You are wasting your time and its probably just going to get you into trouble in the long run.

You are replying to brick walls that care nothing about your replies other than to know that you replied. Its trolling. Its not about the content of the reply its that they actually get one.

Save yourself time and just stop posting till they go away.

Stan the Man
08-12-2010, 01:12 AM
Actually, it was a misunderstanding and Carpenter apologized to Ryan for it later. His glove wasn't broken...Ryan was in the batting cage but it was a a quick 1, 2, 3 top of the inning, he came out and grabbed the wrong glove and couldn't find his. You probably don't realize this but Ryan is a bit of an airhead and this was not his first blonde moment.

I still think you would say Carp was fiery on the mound if he was a Red...just like BP's comments were fiery in trying to motivate his team. Unfortunately for the Reds, I think he motivated the wrong team. Something else that I have not seen posted but might have missed is that LaRussa and Baker absolutely hate each other so I am sure that had something to do with the altercation as well.

I'm out guys. Thanks for the discussion. Have to admit that it will be fun to watch the rest of the season. Glad there is another team there to make it a race.

HARP3R
08-12-2010, 01:18 AM
LOL... Carp laid into his own player on national TV because his glove was broken! What a prima donna!

I can understand why fans of other teams dislike Carpenter or TLR. Heck, if any of you take a look at a Cardinal forum, you'll see many Cardinals' fans who are tired of Carpenter's antics as well. You'll see many fans who complain endlessly about LaRussa's revolving-door-lineups and his abrasive demeanor with the media.

Carpenter really is a pretty classy guy, for the most part though. The tirade against Ryan the other night was very classless, but the truth appears to be elusive outside of St.Louis.

Ryan was actually late arriving to his position at the beginning of the game because he was hitting in the cages and lost track of time (he is a meathead to put it mildly). He then came onto the field (late) with Miles' glove, and the start was delayed longer while they searched for Ryan's glove, and that's when Carp exploded.

It was an outburst that should've been saved for "behind closed doors", and a lot of fans were ashamed to see Carp scold Ryan on the air.

Anyone who has followed Carp's career knows these kind of outbursts aren't part of his character, though. He's an incredible competitor, and I personally think his emotions this year are a culmination of an underachieving team and a few rough starts. It really is out of character for him to be this emotional.

HARP3R
08-12-2010, 01:27 AM
Seriously guys just do yourself a favor and stop posting. Im talking to the Reds fans. You are wasting your time and its probably just going to get you into trouble in the long run.

You are replying to brick walls that care nothing about your replies other than to know that you replied. Its trolling. Its not about the content of the reply its that they actually get one.

Save yourself time and just stop posting till they go away.

I'm honestly not here to troll.

I'm here to talk baseball with a fanbase that can give me a different view on the division and on our respective teams.

If you don't feel that's the truth, don't waste your time by responding to me.

BurgervilleBuck
08-12-2010, 01:35 AM
Reds West > Cardinals East
For now.

HARP3R
08-12-2010, 01:37 AM
For now.

True. I don't expect it to last too long.

BurgervilleBuck
08-12-2010, 01:43 AM
True. I don't expect it to last too long.
Time will tell. I like the rivalry and it seems like we've got some good bad blood going. But I want to see my team beat your team more often.

HARP3R
08-12-2010, 01:51 AM
Time will tell. I like the rivalry and it seems like we've got some good bad blood going. But I want to see my team beat your team more often.

The intensity between these two teams has obviously gone up a few notches, and I really like this new rivalry, too. It's nice to have another team to get fired up about other than the Cubs.

The Reds' youth is something to really be excited about (both as a Reds' fan and a Cardinals' fan). I don't see the Reds fading away anytime this year, and if they spend some money consistently, they should really be a heck of a team for some time.

Speaking of youth, what are the Reds' future plans with Yonder Alonso? I know he's been lurking in the system, but where will he play? It seems the corners are pretty much locked down for the forseeable future with Rolen and Votto.

BurgervilleBuck
08-12-2010, 02:01 AM
Im not sure but just wonder if your all aware that St.Louis is BASEBALL HEAVEN we have that name for a reason..
I just dont like the Homers that you all are.. Its time to take off the Reds googles and look around..
So you don't like homers yet you're being a homer. Or are you disappointed that a Reds message board isn't bowing to St. Louis?

I'm willing to admit that this whole episode -- the brawl, the beating, the sweep -- falls squarely on the shoulders of Brandon Phillips. He put his team in a bad position and, even worse, couldn't back up his mouth with his play. In fact, I thought he deserved to hear whatever it was Molina had to say to him. Brandon should've just shut up and let Molina say his piece and I guarantee we wouldn't be dragging out this whole episode like we are. But, no, Brandon had to be Brandon.

However, don't come over here and play the "We're a better baseball town" card. It only shows your lack of confidence when you use that line.

BurgervilleBuck
08-12-2010, 02:13 AM
The intensity between these two teams has obviously gone up a few notches, and I really like this new rivalry, too. It's nice to have another team to get fired up about other than the Cubs.

The Reds' youth is something to really be excited about (both as a Reds' fan and a Cardinals' fan). I don't see the Reds fading away anytime this year, and if they spend some money consistently, they should really be a heck of a team for some time.
It helps that the farm system has been allowed to develop. It was a nightmare during the Jim Bowden years and we're only now seeing the benefits of what Dan O'Brien and Wayne Krivksy set into place. Hopefully, the Reds continue to draft well and we can keep this team winning for years.

I'm holding out for a leadoff hitter and a left fielder. That's something that really needs to be addressed in the off season. Hopefully, a deep playoff run will help that

Speaking of youth, what are the Reds' future plans with Yonder Alonso? I know he's been lurking in the system, but where will he play? It seems the corners are pretty much locked down for the forseeable future with Rolen and Votto.
Rolen's not a long term solution so there's a probability Alonso could go there or possibly the left field. But it's more probable that he could be used as trade bait.

BurgervilleBuck
08-12-2010, 02:18 AM
You're excluding the great Aaron Miles.:D

Here's the list of ex-Cardinals the Reds have on their roster:
Miguel Cairo
Scott Rolen
Russ Springer
Mike Lincoln
Jim Edmonds

Bonus: Jason Isringhausen(who was signed to a minor league deal) and Walt Jocketty(ex-Cardinals GM).
Don't forget Bob Castellini who was part of the ownership group in St. Louis.

Defacto
08-12-2010, 02:19 AM
Don't forget Bob Castellini who was part of the ownership group in St. Louis.

If we're going like that, DeWitt lives in Cincy and his HQ is there.

BurgervilleBuck
08-12-2010, 02:23 AM
If we're going like that, DeWitt lives in Cincy and his HQ is there.
Dewitt's father was responsible for the Big Red Machine.

And the Frank Robinson trade but we don't talk about that much here. :)

HARP3R
08-12-2010, 02:23 AM
It helps that the farm system has been allowed to develop. It was a nightmare during the Jim Bowden years and we're only now seeing the benefits of what Dan O'Brien and Wayne Krivksy set into place. Hopefully, the Reds continue to draft well and we can keep this team winning for years.

I'm holding out for a leadoff hitter and a left fielder. That's something that really needs to be addressed in the off season. Hopefully, a deep playoff run will help that

Rolen's not a long term solution so there's a probability Alonso could go there or possibly the left field. But it's more probable that he could be used as trade bait.

This coming offseason seems to be pretty weak in regards to a leadoff hitter (also a big problem for the Cardinals). There really doesn't appear to be many leadoff hitters or LF available in FA outside of Carl Crawford (who would be an expensive, but VERY scary addition to the Reds, and, coincidentally, fills the LF and leadoff role).

Although with the Reds' depth at pitching, and a couple prospects like the aforementioned Alonso, I'm sure Walt and Co. could make a big move for an ace or an impact bat in LF.

BurgervilleBuck
08-12-2010, 02:31 AM
Although with the Reds' depth at pitching, and a couple prospects like the aforementioned Alonso, I'm sure Walt and Co. could make a big move for an ace or an impact bat in LF.
We'll see what happens this offseason. I think management has finally grokked that it's not dopey giveaways and dollar hot dogs that bring in the fans, it's winning.

Although, I bet you're really jealous you won't get your hands on the Marge Schott bobblehead. :D

HARP3R
08-12-2010, 02:50 AM
Although, I bet you're really jealous you won't get your hands on the Marge Schott bobblehead. :D

Haha absolutely. :beerme:

jules2
08-12-2010, 12:00 PM
I can understand why fans of other teams dislike Carpenter or TLR. Heck, if any of you take a look at a Cardinal forum, you'll see many Cardinals' fans who are tired of Carpenter's antics as well. You'll see many fans who complain endlessly about LaRussa's revolving-door-lineups and his abrasive demeanor with the media.

Carpenter really is a pretty classy guy, for the most part though. The tirade against Ryan the other night was very classless, but the truth appears to be elusive outside of St.Louis.

Ryan was actually late arriving to his position at the beginning of the game because he was hitting in the cages and lost track of time (he is a meathead to put it mildly). He then came onto the field (late) with Miles' glove, and the start was delayed longer while they searched for Ryan's glove, and that's when Carp exploded.

It was an outburst that should've been saved for "behind closed doors", and a lot of fans were ashamed to see Carp scold Ryan on the air.

Anyone who has followed Carp's career knows these kind of outbursts aren't part of his character, though. He's an incredible competitor, and I personally think his emotions this year are a culmination of an underachieving team and a few rough starts. It really is out of character for him to be this emotional.

Am I a troll? Never heard of the redszone until "our" message board brought it up. Whatever.
Ditto to enjoying discussions / seeing new points of view.

Regardless of his stats, and I like Carp as a pitcher, yeah he's way worse this year in terms of temper / antics / whatever. Not sure - maybe you're right on the rough few starts and all but give me a break.

stansmad
08-12-2010, 12:30 PM
To all of you red fans:Phillips should be hog tied in the lockerroom by his own teammates and given a stern warning.SHUT YOUR PIEHOLE! ITS THAT SIMPLE.Have followed Reds this year due to being homebound by heart problems on FOX OHIO.Just enjoy watching baseball.Am actually GIANTS fan from way back.I went to many a reds and cardinal game back when at both stadiums.Big Dusty fan,but please teach Volquez and Queto how to wear a hat and act professional. They are embarassing.Phillips has caught my attention on many occasions.PURE HOT DOG! Gets old really quick.Makes many routine plays appear difficult ad nauseum. GET RID OF CHRIS WELCH! He will talk about a pitchers progress for 10 min.during game.ENUF ALREADY!I wish i could listen to Marty and "the old lefthander" again,Great team.

GIDP
08-12-2010, 12:31 PM
Myspacebarisbroken

texasdave
08-12-2010, 03:49 PM
Myspacebarisbroken

suddenlymineisaswell

redlegs2370
08-12-2010, 03:55 PM
I mean no disrespect, Pete Rose is the man. I met him in Vegas and bought one of his "hit king jerseys". The login "CharlieHustle" was already taken. If I wanted to be disrespectful I would have used something like ChuckFarley.

Now, Im guessing you never played much baseball, but tapping the catchers guards isnt a Phillips thing, its a friendship thing and they are simply saying "hey, good luck and have good game". Either way, if you think hes a little #### why would you even want to acknowledge him? You dont like him, dont be concerned with him and just play ball.

Why didnt Molina tell him on Monday? Well.. I have no idea when he heard the comments, Im guessing he doesnt watch much sportscenter. So Tuesday might have been his first opportunity.

So you think Molina is a jerk because he got in someones face who called him a female dog, then continued to touch him when they were told not to? please tell me there is something else...

Now I answered all your questions.. can you answer mine? If you tell someone not to touch you and they do it to you again, would you get in their face?

Actually I would let the umpire take measure with it. Molina's job is to play baseball if the umpire thought is was bad enough he would have stopped things. So no I wouldn't get in their face, I would let the authority take action and do my job.

ThornWithin81
08-12-2010, 03:58 PM
To all of you red fans:Phillips should be hog tied in the lockerroom by his own teammates and given a stern warning.SHUT YOUR PIEHOLE! ITS THAT SIMPLE.Have followed Reds this year due to being homebound by heart problems on FOX OHIO.Just enjoy watching baseball.Am actually GIANTS fan from way back.I went to many a reds and cardinal game back when at both stadiums.Big Dusty fan,but please teach Volquez and Queto how to wear a hat and act professional. They are embarassing.Phillips has caught my attention on many occasions.PURE HOT DOG! Gets old really quick.Makes many routine plays appear difficult ad nauseum. GET RID OF CHRIS WELCH! He will talk about a pitchers progress for 10 min.during game.ENUF ALREADY!I wish i could listen to Marty and "the old lefthander" again,Great team.

True ENUF. :p:

IndyRedsFan
08-16-2010, 10:40 PM
Maybe it was mentioned but I just watched the fight on mlb.tv on the reds and cards broadcast. I then listed to the WLW archive.

The Cowboy Jeff Brantley said something like this when Rolen and Carpenter were engaged, "He better not mess with Rolen, he's likely to snap that right arm of his."

Thought it was interesting. I apologize if it has mentioned before.

Swampturkey
08-17-2010, 06:58 PM
The Cowboy Jeff Brantley said something like this when Rolen and Carpenter were engaged, "He better not mess with Rolen, he's likely to snap that right arm of his."

Thought it was interesting. I apologize if it has mentioned before.

Rolen and Carpenter were teammates for a couple years and were very good friends while with the Cardinals. In the heat of the moment, it looked like they were fighting, but I think Rolen was just trying to calm Carp down and disfuse the situation.

In fact, the very day after the brawl last week, ESPN camera's caught the two talking and 'pal'ing around on the field together. Rolen was even checking out Carp's injuries on his back from the fight.

Rolen's leadership has always impressed me. I was also impressed that, unlike TLR, when the two were not speaking and things weren't going well for them in Rolen's final year with us, Rolen never once took it to the media or the fans. He kept it private. He was also the one who initiated the truce last year when he came to town with the Reds. Very classy. I don't think he'd let what happened last week wreck his friendship with Carpenter.

Vottomatic
08-17-2010, 07:48 PM
Rolen was even checking out Carp's injuries on his back from the fight.

Yeah, I saw that too. Scott had to go ask our equipment manager for a magnifying glass.

http://blog.labnotes.org/wp-content/uploads/2006/05/magnifying_glass.jpg%20.jpg

Badda bing! Badda boom! I'll be here all week, folks. Don't forget to tip your waitresses! :D

foxfire123
08-17-2010, 07:54 PM
That's because Rolen has class and integrity. Something Carpenter and TLR could both learn.

Swampturkey
08-17-2010, 10:13 PM
That's because Rolen has class and integrity. Something Carpenter and TLR could both learn.

I'll agree with the first part of your statement and half of your second. While I like TLR the manager, never have been a huge fan of TLR the man.

Swampturkey
08-17-2010, 10:14 PM
Yeah, I saw that too. Scott had to go ask our equipment manager for a magnifying glass.

http://blog.labnotes.org/wp-content/uploads/2006/05/magnifying_glass.jpg%20.jpg

Badda bing! Badda boom! I'll be here all week, folks. Don't forget to tip your waitresses! :D

Shouldn't have had any to see at all...

Kingspoint
08-19-2010, 04:19 PM
From Rotoworld w/ Rotoworld comments:

Cardinals transferred C Jason LaRue from the 15-day disabled list to the 60-day disabled list.

This means he really is done for the season. LaRue suffered a concussion when he was kicked in the head by Reds' pitcher Johnny Cueto last week. Barring a trade for a veteran, Bryan Anderson will continue to function as the primary backup for Yadier Molina.

bshall2105
08-19-2010, 04:22 PM

Cardinals transferred C Jason LaRue from the 15-day disabled list to the 60-day disabled list.

This means he really is done for the season. LaRue suffered a concussion when he was kicked in the head by Reds' pitcher Johnny Cueto last week. Barring a trade for a veteran, Bryan Anderson will continue to function as the primary backup for Yadier Molina.

This is why you don't run at somebody when they have their feet in the air, and spikes on the bottom of their cleats.

Vottomatic
08-19-2010, 06:05 PM

Maybe it's like Harang. They're stashing him on the DL because he sucks. Not because he's hurt.

Man, Larussa is going the distance on this one to try and make the Reds out to be the bad guys. ;)

arkimadee
08-19-2010, 06:13 PM
i don't condone with what Cueto done to LaRue.. I thought it was stupid to be kicking people with spikes on and I hate it because it happened to a former Red. If it happened to one of our players I would be FURIOUS.

Ok.

That being said. I'm getting sick of people saying that we cost the Cards their backup catcher and I'm sick of Dave Duncan and Tony LaRussa acting like it really hurt the team.. I bet they can go down to single A and call a catcher up that can hit better than LaRue. If nothing else, Cueto did the Cards a favor. I will miss having that sure strikeout of LaRue in the lineup in future games

Vottomatic
08-19-2010, 06:14 PM
i don't condone with what Cueto done to LaRue.. I thought it was stupid to be kicking people with spikes on and I hate it because it happened to a former Red. If it happened to one of our players I would be FURIOUS.

Ok.

That being said. I'm getting sick of people saying that we cost the Cards their backup catcher and I'm sick of Dave Duncan and Tony LaRussa acting like it really hurt the team.. I bet they can go down to single A and call a catcher up that can hit better than LaRue. If nothing else, Cueto did the Cards a favor. I will miss having that sure strikeout of LaRue in the lineup in future games

Larussa said in his postgame last night that the Cardinals would have won all of their games since the Reds series had Larue not been injured.

:p: ;)

arkimadee
08-19-2010, 06:18 PM
Larussa said in his postgame last night that the Cardinals would have won their all of their games since the Reds series had Larue not been injured.

:p: ;)
Dave Duncan was whining about it today on mlb network radio..

Vottomatic
08-19-2010, 06:25 PM
Dave Duncan was whining about it today on mlb network radio..

The Reds lost Hanigan for a good deal of time.

What have the Cards lost? Their #4 and #5 starters? Gee whiz Wally........the Reds have had Harang and Bailey go down for periods of time. And now they lost Cueto because Molina and Carpenter started a brawl.

Did the Cards lose Pujols and Holliday at any time this year? No.
The Reds lost Votto for a week and Rolen for a good deal of time.

Cards top 3 starters, 2 of which are Cy Young candidates, haven't missed any time at all.
The Reds don't have any Cy Young candidates.

Waaaa! Waaaa! Waaaa!.........to Duncan and Larussa.

GIDP
08-19-2010, 06:31 PM
Larue has started 14 games at catcher this year, and only played 150 innings. Thats 16 games worth of innings. Yea its probably LaRussa just trying to make Cueto look like a big bad meanie.

Guy is a snake. If Larue was so hurt he certainly didnt seem hurt or act hurt or anything. I put nothing past the cardinals.

10xWSChamps
08-19-2010, 07:27 PM
The Reds lost Hanigan for a good deal of time.

What have the Cards lost? Their #4 and #5 starters? Gee whiz Wally........the Reds have had Harang and Bailey go down for periods of time. And now they lost Cueto because Molina and Carpenter started a brawl.

Did the Cards lose Pujols and Holliday at any time this year? No.
The Reds lost Votto for a week and Rolen for a good deal of time.

Cards top 3 starters, 2 of which are Cy Young candidates, haven't missed any time at all.
The Reds don't have any Cy Young candidates.

Waaaa! Waaaa! Waaaa!.........to Duncan and Larussa.

The 4th and 5th starters being injured was a fairly decent blow to the team, especially since Brad Penny was doing so well. But i would say the worst injury has been to David Freese, he was having a very nice offensive year and what has hurt almost as much is his defense. Felipe Lopez had two errors in one inning in the Cubs series. His injury has really screwed things up on the infield.

If Larue was so hurt he certainly didnt seem hurt or act hurt or anything. I put nothing past the cardinals.

Concussion symptoms aren't going to be visible to the naked eye unless they're extremely severe. You don't usually measure brain injuries just by looking at someone. Saying he didn't look like he got a concussion is kind of pointless.

10xWSChamps
08-19-2010, 07:28 PM
Larue has started 14 games at catcher this year, and only played 150 innings. Thats 16 games worth of innings. Yea its probably LaRussa just trying to make Cueto look like a big bad meanie.

Guy is a snake. If Larue was so hurt he certainly didnt seem hurt or act hurt or anything. I put nothing past the cardinals.

The Cardinals are lucky that Molina is such a horse and has been so injury free in his career. I don't think I've seen any catcher log the innings he has this year. At one point this year, he'd played in 21 straight games.

Vottomatic
08-19-2010, 08:08 PM
The 4th and 5th starters being injured was a fairly decent blow to the team, especially since Brad Penny was doing so well. But i would say the worst injury has been to David Freese, he was having a very nice offensive year and what has hurt almost as much is his defense. Felipe Lopez had two errors in one inning in the Cubs series. His injury has really screwed things up on the infield.

Concussion symptoms aren't going to be visible to the naked eye unless they're extremely severe. You don't usually measure brain injuries just by looking at someone. Saying he didn't look like he got a concussion is kind of pointless.

More easy to fake too. :D

jules2
08-19-2010, 10:39 PM
Curious though as to what would be the point? I'm assuming, and someone correct me if I'm wrong, the Cueto suspension is a done deal so why put LaRue out for the season just to up-play the injury? Not that I agreed with it but before the MLB sent down the sanctions I could see TLR playing up the injury, but unless it's a for-real deal, I don't see the whole thought process. Yeah he hasn't caught much (ditto to Molina and how lucky we are he's stayed healthy) but he's been a decent backup.

scott91575
08-20-2010, 12:12 AM
Curious though as to what would be the point? I'm assuming, and someone correct me if I'm wrong, the Cueto suspension is a done deal so why put LaRue out for the season just to up-play the injury? Not that I agreed with it but before the MLB sent down the sanctions I could see TLR playing up the injury, but unless it's a for-real deal, I don't see the whole thought process. Yeah he hasn't caught much (ditto to Molina and how lucky we are he's stayed healthy) but he's been a decent backup.

I don't know about the whole conspiracy thing, but putting him on the 60 day DL opens a spot on the 40 man. Maybe they think Anderson is just as capable and needed the spot on the 40 man.

MikeThierry
08-21-2010, 02:53 AM
While I think Cueto got a somewhat light punishment in the brawl, I don't think he should be charged with a crime, like some are calling for. Lets just move on from this. Its getting to the point where its a dull topic.

Vottomatic
08-21-2010, 04:37 PM
I'm hoping Dusty lines up Cueto to pitch against Carpenter next time. Carpenter will throw his first pitch to Cueto, up and in, get ejected, and Cueto will be cool the entire game and Reds will win. That would be hilarious.

GIDP
08-21-2010, 04:41 PM
I'm hoping Dusty lines up Cueto to pitch against Carpenter next time. Carpenter will throw his first pitch to Cueto, up and in, get ejected, and Cueto will be cool the entire game and Reds will win. That would be hilarious.

There is no doubt in my mind that if the Reds come to town and are up more than 3 games the Cardinals will go head hunting.

Vottomatic
08-21-2010, 08:40 PM
There is no doubt in my mind that if the Reds come to town and are up more than 3 games the Cardinals will go head hunting.

I hope so.

Dusty needs to remind the Reds to stay cool. Let the Cards do all the brawl damage. Let them throw at our batters and don't retaliate. Talk to the umps before the game and let them know to have a quick trigger.

Get Carpenter and Wainwright thrown out of the games.

Then let Dusty go to the media after the game and whine about how the Cardinals players should be suspended and see if he can influence the league like TLR did with his baby comments.

Fullboat
08-21-2010, 09:52 PM
Nobody is going headhunting.Before the game even starts both side will be warned
and that will be that.Nobody is going to risk ejection and or suspension in the
middle of a pennant race.Next year though lookout.

Vottomatic
08-22-2010, 02:35 AM
Nobody is going headhunting.Before the game even starts both side will be warned
and that will be that.Nobody is going to risk ejection and or suspension in the
middle of a pennant race.Next year though lookout.

If the Cards are 8 games back or something, they might be willing to. :eek:

cw0802
08-22-2010, 05:46 PM
If the Cards are 8 games back or something, they might be willing to. :eek:

Not unless that pitcher wants to get pulled, fined and possibly suspended.

As arrogant as Tony LaRussa is and as many times as he's gotten on his soap box about how other teams play the game, he does hold those standards to his teams. In 2004, Julian Tavares, seemingly, retaliated for a hit Cardinal player. LaRussa yanked him right away and Tavares was fined and suspended by the club. This wasn't the first time i had seen LaRussa do this to a pitcher who decided to take things into his own hands.