PDA

View Full Version : Cardinal Quotes on the Reds

Degenerate39
08-11-2010, 09:32 AM
Does anyone have the quotes from Carpenter, Rasmus, and Lopez from this season? The ones that were about the Reds

OnBaseMachine
08-11-2010, 12:29 PM
Rasmus:

CINCINNATI — Center fielder/philosopher Colby Rasmus described Cincinnati Reds starting pitcher Bronson Arroyo’s assortment as “doo-doo” and “a bunch of slop” following the Reds’ 7-2 takedown of the Cardinals Sunday afternoon at Great American Ball Park.

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2084618&postcount=67

Lopez:

"The Reds are really hot right now and we're not even close to hot. And we're still right there. So once we click there's not going to be a chance for nobody."

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2146936&postcount=1

kaldaniels
08-11-2010, 12:31 PM
Am I the only one not bothered by Rasmus's remarks one bit?

MattyHo4Life
08-11-2010, 12:34 PM
Well...the more I read Rasmus' quote, the more I think it isn't that big of a deal. That looks taken out of context. I mean... If I'm Arroyo, and the guy is saying that I'm throwing slop. Well... I would just be laughing because he couldn't hit it. I'd say... "I'll serve you more slop next time". lol I wouldn't be mad about it though.

lollipopcurve
08-11-2010, 12:37 PM
Well...the more I read Rasmus' quote, the more I think it isn't that big of a deal. That looks taken out of context. I mean... If I'm Arroyo, and the guy is saying that I'm throwing slop. Well... I would just be laughing because he couldn't hit it. I'd say... "I'll serve you more slop next time". lol I wouldn't be mad about it though.

It's professional disrespect. A guy beats you, you tip your cap. Period. Rasmus has 1 year in the league, right? Clearly, he's got a little learning to do.

I doubt Arroyo lets it bother him, considering the source.

Tony Cloninger
08-11-2010, 12:37 PM
So Matty.....would you term that as whining then?

MattyHo4Life
08-11-2010, 12:39 PM
So Matty.....would you term that as whining then?

It depends on the context of the quote. There may have been some whining. I would expect it out of a younger player like that than an experienced vet. There are a lot of junkball pitchers and after a game someone may say that guy threw all junk and I still couldn't hit it. I wouldn't take offense to that comment...would you?

Tony Cloninger
08-11-2010, 12:43 PM
Well he does throw slop.....so to that NO. But to call his stuff ....yeah that would be something to take offense about. Maybe Arroyo could have said...here is some for you...right in the ribs. :thumbup:

_Sir_Charles_
08-11-2010, 12:43 PM

If anything, I'm embarrassed for Rasmus. A grown man using the phrase "doo doo"? :p:

Tony Cloninger
08-11-2010, 12:49 PM
I have just been given a Yellow Card...and I barely even flopped. I am done for the next game. See you in the semis.

Hoosier Red
08-11-2010, 12:54 PM

Well the first one speaks to sour grapes but the second one I have no problem with.

Here's Duncan complaining about Bronson using Pine Tar. By the way there's no PC, "Hmmm that's suspicious." He flat out accuses him and says there's no other possible explanation.

"I'm sure he had pine tar on his cap," Duncan told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. "He didn't have any problem getting a grip. Balls like that can generate a lot more movement than a slick ball that hasn't been rubbed up."

Asked if he had seen Arroyo go to his cap, Duncan said, "Just every pitch."

Duncan was unhappy because Cardinals starter John Smoltz complained all night about not being able to grip the balls because they were slick. Smoltz, who walked five batters and allowed six runs over four innings, repeatedly threw balls out that he didn't like.

"I've been around for 40-plus years now and I've never seen a major-league baseball game played with balls like that," Duncan told the newspaper.

http://marksheldon.mlblogs.com/archives/2009/10/arroyo_responds_to_pine_tar_ta.html

Here's Chris Carpenter making the 2nd complaint about slick baseballs(John Smoltz (was the first last September.) Oddly enough Smoltz didn't complain one bit about them until he got to the Cards last year.

"We had this issue last year and again today," Carpenter said. "There was absolutely no question. I got balls that there was nothing wrong with. (Either) they make an adjustment or look into it, (or) ultimately, somebody's going to get hurt. Something's going to get away, or whatever, and end up getting somebody in the head. I hope that doesn't happen."
http://mlb.fanhouse.com/2010/04/06/chris-carpenter-thinks-baseballs-in-cincinnati-are-too-slick/
Here's Tony Larussa saying noted headhunter Aaron Harang should be suspended for 10 games for hitting Gary Barnett. Though to be fair, he did say he didn't think there was malice intended.

"He didn't mean to hit him, but he meant to throw up and in," La Russa said. "It's a very dangerous thing. If you're a big league pitcher, you should be able to get the ball below the shoulder. If you don't, you should have big consequences, because that's a dangerous thing.

"If our guy does it I yell. 'Get it down, or get ... out of there.'"

On Tuesday night, La Russa called for mandatory suspensions for any pitcher who hits a batter in the head, regardless of intent.
http://stlouis.cardinals.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20070606&content_id=2009460&vkey=news_stl&fext=.jsp&c_id=stl

They were also chirping about the rain delay not being called early enough in a 3-2 loss on April 30. I'm trying to find exact quotes.

MattyHo4Life
08-11-2010, 01:00 PM
If anything, I'm embarrassed for Rasmus. A grown man using the phrase "doo doo"? :p:

I'll give you that one lol

Degenerate39
08-11-2010, 01:10 PM
Are there any more quotes about any of the Cards talking about the Reds? A Cards fan just told me they've never said anything

Degenerate39
08-11-2010, 01:15 PM
Also have the Reds said anyting about the Cardinals other than the Phillips comment? I cant think of the Reds saying anything bad about any team other than they hate the Cards.

Hoosier Red
08-11-2010, 01:17 PM
Also have the Reds said anyting about the Cardinals other than the Phillips comment? I cant think of the Reds saying anything bad about any team other than they hate the Cards.

"The Reds are really hot right now and we're not even close to hot. And we're still right there. So once we click there's not going to be a chance for nobody."
-Felipe Lopez

That's probably the worst, and it's not that bad.

reds44
08-11-2010, 01:22 PM
CINCINNATI — Center fielder/philosopher Colby Rasmus described Cincinnati Reds starting pitcher Bronson Arroyo’s assortment as “doo-doo” and “a bunch of slop” following the Reds’ 7-2 takedown of the Cardinals Sunday afternoon at Great American Ball Park.
Not going to lie, if he actually refered to it as "doo doo" that's pretty funny...

Tornon
08-11-2010, 01:33 PM
Didn't Pujols have a comment earlier this year after Masset induced a double play to get out of a jam & pumped his fist or something? I think it was in that rainy game in St. Louis

OnBaseMachine
08-11-2010, 04:01 PM

Of course it's not a big deal, a Cardinals player said it. Imagine if one of the Reds player had said something like that about Carpenter or Wainwright. We wouldn't hear the end of it.

MattyHo4Life
08-11-2010, 05:09 PM

You wouldn't know even if they did say anything bad about another team, but the fans of that team sure would remember it. I didn't know about these comments until last week when someone on rz posted them. The slipper balls I heard, but not Lopez and Rasmus' comments. Well.. I probably hear them, but I didn't think they were offensive to anyone. When a comment is made about you or the team that you follow passionately, it means a lot more.

MattyHo4Life
08-11-2010, 05:11 PM
Of course it's not a big deal, a Cardinals player said it. Imagine if one of the Reds player had said something like that about Carpenter or Wainwright. We wouldn't hear the end of it.

Dude...that is sooooo not true! In all the years that I've been here, I try to be as respectable as possible. I try to look at both sides. It's really hard to be unbiased when you are as passionate about your team as we all are. I don't think bad of anyone here. Even though I've probably never agreed with some of the posters such as Trade Rumor since I've been posting here...I like hearing his opinions, as well as a lot of others that post here. I try not to brag or rub anything in anyones face. I don't know why you would say that "you would never hear the end of it".

rdiersin
08-11-2010, 05:38 PM
Dude...that is sooooo not true! In all the years that I've been here, I try to be as respectable as possible. I try to look at both sides. It's really hard to be unbiased when you are as passionate about your team as we all are. I don't think bad of anyone here. Even though I've probably never agreed with some of the posters such as Trade Rumor since I've been posting here...I like hearing his opinions, as well as a lot of others that post here. I try not to brag or rub anything in anyones face. I don't know why you would say that "you would never hear the end of it".

Matty, I shouldn't probably speak for OBM but what I think he is getting at is BP says one thing about the Cardinals and we see what happened. It's not that you personally would be bringing it back up, but rather that the Cardinals players can dish it out, but can't seem to take it. In the end it doesn't matter, the Reds play pathetically in a series they needed to play well in considering they would need a cushion for their lead as they still have to go out west.

OnBaseMachine
08-11-2010, 05:41 PM
Matty, I shouldn't probably speak for OBM but what I think he is getting at is BP says one thing about the Cardinals and we see what happened. It's not that you personally would be bringing it back up, but rather that the Cardinals players can dish it out, but can't seem to take it. In the end it doesn't matter, the Reds play pathetically in a series they needed to play well in considering they would need a cushion for their lead as they still have to go out west.

You nailed it. The Cardinals players make comments, it blows over without hardly anyone saying anything. Phillips makes a couple comments and all of a sudden it's a huge deal.

MattyHo4Life
08-11-2010, 05:45 PM
Matty, I shouldn't probably speak for OBM but what I think he is getting at is BP says one thing about the Cardinals and we see what happened.

Do you think that the comments that Rasmus said about slop and doodoo (Ifind that more comical than offensive) and that Lopez saying the Reds are hot and that Cards are not yet, are equally as bad as what BP said? Do you really?

reds44
08-11-2010, 05:48 PM
Do you think that the comments that Rasmus said about slop and doodoo (Ifind that more comical than offensive) and that Lopez saying the Reds are hot and that Cards are not yet, are equally as bad as what BP said? Do you really?
What Phillips said was true.

MattyHo4Life
08-11-2010, 05:51 PM

MAybe the comments that Rasmus and Lopez said were true too. :D

reds44
08-11-2010, 05:54 PM
MAybe the comments that Rasmus and Lopez said were true too. :D
It's August.

I'm waiting for the Cardinals to run away and hide.

And nobody on the Reds cried about it either of their comments.

HokieRed
08-11-2010, 06:23 PM
I have just been given a Yellow Card...and I barely even flopped. I am done for the next game. See you in the semis.

You have to get two yellows, Tony.

Tony Cloninger
08-11-2010, 07:07 PM
After these three games....don't temp me. I might go all Van Bommel on a few Cards.

smith288
08-11-2010, 08:40 PM
-Felipe Lopez

That's probably the worst, and it's not that bad.

Besides it's a double negative.

GAC
08-11-2010, 08:46 PM
You nailed it. The Cardinals players make comments, it blows over without hardly anyone saying anything. Phillips makes a couple comments and all of a sudden it's a huge deal.

Do you actually believe that the couple of comments posted on here by Card players, which IMO are pretty tame, compares on the same level with what Phillips said? No way.

GAC
08-11-2010, 08:50 PM

So what? That doesn't mean you have to publicly broadcast it, and not expect repercussions. Geez!

kbrake
08-11-2010, 08:50 PM
Do you actually believe that the couple of comments posted on here by Card players, which IMO are pretty tame, compares on the same level with what Phillips said? No way.

Maybe the truth hurts a little more than a tool like Rasmus or Lopez running their mouths?

rdiersin
08-12-2010, 11:00 AM

What I think is that when the Cards players and in particular their manager start saying things (the one about Aaron Harang being a headhunter still particularly makes me laugh) and whine they shouldn't be surprised when a player from that other team says he hates them. Were any of the comments by the Cards in and of themselves worse than what BP said? No, but collectively I am not surprised at BP's thoughts. Just wish he didn't say them.

MartyFan
08-13-2010, 10:53 AM
My hope is that the Reds go too St. Louis and ABSOLUTELY SPANK the Cards. I hope we get Wainwright and Carpenter again. DO I EXPECT THIS? No.

All in all this team is performing very well but it is still young and may stumble at the end. If they do, it is still a progression. I love that they are beginning to openly challenge and talk smack too the other teams who have only seen a minor league team here in Cincinnati the last several years. Love the confidence, the next few years are going to be a blast to be a Reds fan...get used too it!

MattyHo4Life
08-13-2010, 12:19 PM
My hope is that the Reds go too St. Louis and ABSOLUTELY SPANK the Cards. I hope we get Wainwright and Carpenter again. DO I EXPECT THIS? No.

It's tough to say for sure if both Carp and Waino will pitch that series, because the Cards rotation is about to change. Both pitchers have been on a strict 5 day schedule whether there is a game or not. That might change now that Lohse is back. My guess is that they will have a flexible 5 man rotation having Carp, Waino, Westbrook, and Lohse on a set rotation with Garcia getting some rest now and again. I would count on both Carp and Waino pitching that series though. LaRussa probably has it set up now that way...so he won't have to tinker with the rotation at the last minute. lol

Dom Heffner
08-13-2010, 11:19 PM
It's tough to say for sure if both Carp and Waino will pitch that series, because the Cards rotation is about to change. Both pitchers have been on a strict 5 day schedule whether there is a game or not. That might change now that Lohse is back. My guess is that they will have a flexible 5 man rotation having Carp, Waino, Westbrook, and Lohse on a set rotation with Garcia getting some rest now and again. I would count on both Carp and Waino pitching that series though. LaRussa probably has it set up now that way...so he won't have to tinker with the rotation at the last minute. lol

Matt, any word on what type of gel LaRussa will have in his hair for the series?

Tenax, perhaps?

And the obvious follow-up: Does he still get advice on split ends from Eck?

Spitball
08-13-2010, 11:53 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=5462236

Chris Carpenter: No excuses for kicking

ST. LOUIS -- Chris Carpenter had little to say about his fine for his part in a brawl between the St. Louis Cardinals and Cincinnati Reds.

He did have had more angry words for Reds pitcher Johnny Cueto, who kicked several St. Louis players and gave Jason LaRue a slight concussion. LaRue was placed on the 15-day disabled list Friday, retroactive to Aug. 4, and the team recalled outfielder Nick Stavinoha from Triple-A Memphis.

Carpenter said Friday, the day after penalties were assessed by Major League Baseball, that Cueto was the only player trying to hurt anyone. Carpenter said anyone who used such tactics on the street would be dealt with harshly.

"All the yelling, the talking, the pushing, the fighting and everything else, there was nobody throwing punches, there was nobody doing that stuff," Carpenter said. "I don't care how scared you are or what the deal is. Whatever excuse you have, you don't start doing that."

Carpenter was in the middle of the fracas and said he was just as scared as Cueto was.

"He can say whatever he wants," the pitcher said. "He came in there with intent to do something from the back side."

Carpenter was fined after his yelling match with Reds manager Dusty Baker led to what he called a "melee." He said the worst part of the aftermath wasn't the scratches on his back or neck from where Cincinnati's Scott Rolen grabbed him in an apparent peacemaking move but having to answer to his 7-year-old son.

"Dusty had something to say, I had something to say, and the next thing you know all hell broke loose," Carpenter said "I come home and try to explain to my son why is Scott Rolen attacking me? Why is everybody pushing you into the net?"

Cardinals manager Tony La Russa was set to serve the first game of a two-game suspension in the opener of a three-game series against the Chicago Cubs. La Russa, who was in uniform before the game, wasn't sure where he'd be watching the game because general manager John Mozeliak's suite would be filled with fans in a fundraising effort for the manager's Animal Rescue Foundation.

Bench coach Joe Pettini technically was in charge but not before La Russa presented an identical lineup for the fourth straight game, the first time that's happened in his 15 seasons in St. Louis. The Cardinals faced a fourth straight right-hander, plus they're coming off a three-game sweep of Cincinnati that propelled them into first place in the NL Central.

Cueto was suspended for seven games. Baker was also suspended for two games and both he and La Russa were fined. Cardinals catcher Yadier Molina and two other Reds players, second baseman Brandon Phillips and reliever Russ Springer, were also fined.

"It's unfortunate, it didn't have to go where it went," Carpenter said. "I guarantee you they would say the same thing, that we could take it back. But we can't. It's a bad thing for baseball."

LaRue said he felt better but still had concussion-related symptoms.

"Fuzzy is probably the easiest way to say it," LaRue said. "You have black spots and stuff like that. Obviously I'm day to day and tomorrow can change 100 percent, and it may not."

The Cardinals also confirmed right-hander Kyle Lohse, out since undergoing forearm surgery in late May, would return to the rotation on Sunday. Lohse will start in place of rookie Jaime Garcia, who will get two extra days of rest and pitch Tuesday against the Milwaukee Brewers.

The team is closely watching Garcia's innings coming off an abbreviated 2009 following reconstructive elbow surgery, but La Russa said he'll take advantage of a stretch of three days off in eight days to give the entire rotation extra time off.

"Give everyone a little mental and physical break," La Russa said.

Lohse was impressive in his fourth rehab start, striking out nine and allowing a run in seven innings for Triple-A Memphis on Tuesday. The first three appearances, he allowed nine earned runs in 12 innings and was coming off a five-inning stint for Double-A Springfield during which he permitted five runs and 12 hits in five innings.

"I knew I had to put up zeros and didn't just have to prove myself healthy and get my pitch count up," Lohse said. "It was a different approach from the one before, where I was just working on stuff.

"I'll definitely be excited to go out there again, it's kind of like starting the season over," he said.

kaldaniels
08-14-2010, 12:04 AM
I'm geniunely concerned for Cueto the next time he steps into the box vs. the Cards.

Brutus
08-14-2010, 12:05 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=5462236

Chris Carpenter: No excuses for kicking

ST. LOUIS -- Chris Carpenter had little to say about his fine for his part in a brawl between the St. Louis Cardinals and Cincinnati Reds.

He did have had more angry words for Reds pitcher Johnny Cueto, who kicked several St. Louis players and gave Jason LaRue a slight concussion. LaRue was placed on the 15-day disabled list Friday, retroactive to Aug. 4, and the team recalled outfielder Nick Stavinoha from Triple-A Memphis.

Carpenter said Friday, the day after penalties were assessed by Major League Baseball, that Cueto was the only player trying to hurt anyone. Carpenter said anyone who used such tactics on the street would be dealt with harshly.

"All the yelling, the talking, the pushing, the fighting and everything else, there was nobody throwing punches, there was nobody doing that stuff," Carpenter said. "I don't care how scared you are or what the deal is. Whatever excuse you have, you don't start doing that."

Carpenter was in the middle of the fracas and said he was just as scared as Cueto was.

"He can say whatever he wants," the pitcher said. "He came in there with intent to do something from the back side."

Carpenter was fined after his yelling match with Reds manager Dusty Baker led to what he called a "melee." He said the worst part of the aftermath wasn't the scratches on his back or neck from where Cincinnati's Scott Rolen grabbed him in an apparent peacemaking move but having to answer to his 7-year-old son.

"Dusty had something to say, I had something to say, and the next thing you know all hell broke loose," Carpenter said "I come home and try to explain to my son why is Scott Rolen attacking me? Why is everybody pushing you into the net?"

Cardinals manager Tony La Russa was set to serve the first game of a two-game suspension in the opener of a three-game series against the Chicago Cubs. La Russa, who was in uniform before the game, wasn't sure where he'd be watching the game because general manager John Mozeliak's suite would be filled with fans in a fundraising effort for the manager's Animal Rescue Foundation.

Bench coach Joe Pettini technically was in charge but not before La Russa presented an identical lineup for the fourth straight game, the first time that's happened in his 15 seasons in St. Louis. The Cardinals faced a fourth straight right-hander, plus they're coming off a three-game sweep of Cincinnati that propelled them into first place in the NL Central.

Cueto was suspended for seven games. Baker was also suspended for two games and both he and La Russa were fined. Cardinals catcher Yadier Molina and two other Reds players, second baseman Brandon Phillips and reliever Russ Springer, were also fined.

"It's unfortunate, it didn't have to go where it went," Carpenter said. "I guarantee you they would say the same thing, that we could take it back. But we can't. It's a bad thing for baseball."

LaRue said he felt better but still had concussion-related symptoms.

"Fuzzy is probably the easiest way to say it," LaRue said. "You have black spots and stuff like that. Obviously I'm day to day and tomorrow can change 100 percent, and it may not."

The Cardinals also confirmed right-hander Kyle Lohse, out since undergoing forearm surgery in late May, would return to the rotation on Sunday. Lohse will start in place of rookie Jaime Garcia, who will get two extra days of rest and pitch Tuesday against the Milwaukee Brewers.

The team is closely watching Garcia's innings coming off an abbreviated 2009 following reconstructive elbow surgery, but La Russa said he'll take advantage of a stretch of three days off in eight days to give the entire rotation extra time off.

"Give everyone a little mental and physical break," La Russa said.

Lohse was impressive in his fourth rehab start, striking out nine and allowing a run in seven innings for Triple-A Memphis on Tuesday. The first three appearances, he allowed nine earned runs in 12 innings and was coming off a five-inning stint for Double-A Springfield during which he permitted five runs and 12 hits in five innings.

"I knew I had to put up zeros and didn't just have to prove myself healthy and get my pitch count up," Lohse said. "It was a different approach from the one before, where I was just working on stuff.

"I'll definitely be excited to go out there again, it's kind of like starting the season over," he said.

You know, the dates change, the names are different, the writer is different... yet everytime I read an article about these guys, all I hear is "wah wah wah" and a bunch more 'woah is us, we're victims' stuff.

We can all have our opinions on what Brandon Phillips said and if he should have said it. However, one thing is for sure: the man has this team absolutely pegged. They are a bunch of whiny (censored for forum rating).

CarolinaRedleg
08-14-2010, 12:10 AM
http://i462.photobucket.com/albums/qq344/RadioGirl_Montana/Comment%20Images/Waaaambulance.jpg

Somebody really needs to Photoshop Christina's face on one of these.

Degenerate39
08-14-2010, 12:11 AM
I'm geniunely concerned for Cueto the next time he steps into the box vs. the Cards.

Then I'll be geniunely concerned for the Cards when Gomes comes out of the dug out

Patrick Bateman
08-14-2010, 12:12 AM
It seems a tad cliche for him to play the "embarassed father sympathy card" on this one.

Spitball
From what I've seen, the whole thing escalated after Crapenter started his self-imposed mission.

The Operator
Imagine that, Carpenter still has something to say.

The whining never ends.

The Operator
08-14-2010, 12:33 AM
Then I'll be geniunely concerned for the Cards when Gomes comes out of the dug out

I wouldn't even do that. Hopefully by then we'll have Chapman in the fold. If they go after Cueto, I'd just have Chapman throw a 103 MPH fastball at Pujols or Holliday. One or the other.

acredsfan
08-14-2010, 12:50 AM
The players on both sides need to just shut up and worry about their own teams. We'll never know who said what and who started what. We do know that Brandon said something he shouldn't have said in the way he did. As a Reds fan I like Brandon's enthusiam, but loathe his attitude about doing these things. He won't even talk to some of the local writers because of what they have written about him. To me, Brandon needs to mature if he wants to be a leader like he claims.

In the end, I say let the Cardinals keep whining about fines and suspensions and we'll go ahead and concentrate on the rest of the season. If they decide to take revenge on Cueto in St. Louis, who cares? Let their players be suspended for it.

westofyou
08-14-2010, 12:50 AM
I wouldn't even do that. Hopefully by then we'll have Chapman in the fold. If they go after Cueto, I'd just have Chapman throw a 103 MPH fastball at Pujols or Holliday. One or the other.

Then what happens when they go all Graig Nettles on him and he ends up like Bill Lee and walks off the field with his pitching arm waving around like a piece of chicken tender?

The Operator
08-14-2010, 12:52 AM
Then what happens when they go all Graig Nettles on him and he ends up like Bill Lee and walks off the field with his pitching arm waving around like a piece of chicken tender?

You'll have to forgive me - I know not of the situation you speak. :confused:

Hoosier Red
08-14-2010, 12:54 AM
You'll have to forgive me - I know not of the situation you speak. :confused:

From Wikipedia, which is never wrong.

During a brawl in a game against the Boston Red Sox in 1976, Nettles, who was on second base at the onset of the brawl, tackled Boston pitcher Bill Lee from behind. When it appeared that the dust had settled and the brawl was over, Lee confronted Nettles for tackling him from behind. The fracas resumed when Nettles swung at Lee. More players joined in the fray and Nettles broke Lee's collarbone when they went down in the pile. He was arguably never the same pitcher he was before the incident, though he continued to be a thorn in the Yankees' side for a few more years with Boston. However, the Yankees continued to win the division during this time and the incident added to the storied Yankees - Red Sox rivalry.

Slyder
08-14-2010, 01:02 AM

Thats why you put Gomes at 1b and Votto out in LF. Get as much muscle as close as you can.

Im sure everyone is expecting something to happen when the next time these two teams meet. Let the Cards start it *stares a hole through Phillips* this time then we can finish it.

Spitball
08-14-2010, 01:32 AM

I witnessed that game on channel 38. Un...freaking...believable...Mickey Rivers goes running around like a cowardly mosquito hitting people in the back of their heads. Nettles takes Lee down from behind, places a foot on his back, and begins yanking/twisting his left/pitching arm.

Carlton Fisk receives a scratch during the scrap and someone asks if Gene Micheal had hit him with his purse. LOL! I love their rivalary! It is like baseball meets world wrestlings.

westofyou
08-14-2010, 01:35 AM
http://baseballdigest.com/wp-content/uploads/fight1.jpg

Spitball
08-14-2010, 01:43 AM
So Marichal lost it for a bit there...he had the greatest kick and delivery of all-time. If you never witnessed the guy pitch, you missed a true master...and the Dodger-Giant rivalry has fun and intense.

westofyou
08-14-2010, 01:47 AM
So Marichal lost it for a bit there...he had the greatest kick and delivery of all-time. If you never witnessed the guy pitch, you missed a true master...and the Dodger-Giant rivalry has fun and intense.

Awesome kick, saw it at the 71 AS game.

fearofpopvol1
08-14-2010, 02:16 AM
The players on both sides need to just shut up and worry about their own teams. We'll never know who said what and who started what. We do know that Brandon said something he shouldn't have said in the way he did. As a Reds fan I like Brandon's enthusiam, but loathe his attitude about doing these things. He won't even talk to some of the local writers because of what they have written about him. To me, Brandon needs to mature if he wants to be a leader like he claims.

In the end, I say let the Cardinals keep whining about fines and suspensions and we'll go ahead and concentrate on the rest of the season. If they decide to take revenge on Cueto in St. Louis, who cares? Let their players be suspended for it.

I heard from a very good source that Carpenter said a certain word that begins with the letter "f" and then the word "you" to Baker.

MattyHo4Life
08-14-2010, 08:13 AM
Molina received a huge standing ovation before his first at bat last night.

redsfandan
08-14-2010, 09:32 AM
Molina received a huge standing ovation before his first at bat last night.
I'm happy for him. Maybe they can erect a statue of him too.

The Operator
08-14-2010, 03:40 PM
Yea, I'm not sure what that's supposed to mean to us. Brandon got huge ovations the entire series. Most Reds fans agree with what Brandon said, even if they wish he hadn't said it.

Tornon
08-14-2010, 05:41 PM
We know Phillips will be outrageously booed next time we go to St. Louis.. here's an interesting question though: What type of ovation will Scott Rolen get? Will he be cheered again as he was the first couple times we've been there, or will Cardinal fans perceive that he was a part of the fight and let him have it as well?

MattyHo4Life
08-14-2010, 10:16 PM
We know Phillips will be outrageously booed next time we go to St. Louis.. here's an interesting question though: What type of ovation will Scott Rolen get? Will he be cheered again as he was the first couple times we've been there, or will Cardinal fans perceive that he was a part of the fight and let him have it as well?

Rolen will get a standing O

MattyHo4Life
08-14-2010, 10:17 PM
Yea, I'm not sure what that's supposed to mean to us. Brandon got huge ovations the entire series. Most Reds fans agree with what Brandon said, even if they wish he hadn't said it.

Just sharing some information bro. What it means is that Reds fans agree with Phillips and Cards fans agree with Molina. Not that it should surprise anyone though.

Patrick Bateman
08-14-2010, 10:20 PM
Just sharing some information bro. What it means is that Reds fans agree with Phillips and Cards fans agree with Molina. Not that it should surprise anyone though.

You really need to stop calling people bro.

MattyHo4Life
08-14-2010, 10:20 PM
You really need to stop calling people bro.

Why is that?

Patrick Bateman
08-14-2010, 10:25 PM
Why is that?

Just chillax brah, no big dealio.

MattyHo4Life
08-14-2010, 10:27 PM
Just chillax brah, no big dealio.

sweet deal man :cool:

redsfandan
08-14-2010, 11:15 PM
So who agrees with Carpenter?

CarolinaRedleg
08-14-2010, 11:20 PM

http://comps.fotosearch.com/comp/CSK/CSK007/little-girl-skinned_~pr77306.jpg

The Operator
08-14-2010, 11:54 PM

Bob Boone?

MattyHo4Life
08-14-2010, 11:59 PM