PDA

View Full Version : Next up: Josh Johnson

davereds24
08-11-2010, 06:03 PM
:help:

After facing 3 of the top 10 NL pitchers now the Reds get the best one. What do you think can be done to help get this team going?

I'd like to see Edmonds in the 2 hole to see if hitting in front of Votto can get him going.

Hopefully the day off will make a big difference for BP, Rolen, and Joey.

Vottomatic
08-11-2010, 06:05 PM
LOSS

Vottomatic
08-11-2010, 06:07 PM
Seriously. I say we trade the farm for Johnson in the offseason and sign Cliff Lee as a free agent. Trade Cordero and big mouth Phillips for pittance. Let Arroyo and Harang walk. That pretty much frees up our payroll to spend, spend, spend!!!!

Let's sign Poopholes for $35M per season and trump the Cards. Let's go bonkers with our payroll and become the Yankees!!!!! Yee-haw!!!!

Okay, I guess I shouldn't have started my post with "seriously".

sivman17
08-11-2010, 06:13 PM
What do you think can be done to help get this team going?

To stop facing the best pitchers in the game... which will happen after Friday's game.

berryluther
08-11-2010, 06:13 PM
Seriously. I say we trade the farm for Johnson in the offseason and sign Cliff Lee as a free agent. Trade Cordero and big mouth Phillips for pittance. Let Arroyo and Harang walk. That pretty much frees up our payroll to spend, spend, spend!!!!

Let's sign Poopholes for $35M per season and trump the Cards. Let's go bonkers with our payroll and become the Yankees!!!!! Yee-haw!!!!

Okay, I guess I shouldn't have started my post with "seriously".

I think this whole incident has harmed Phillips value. He will forever be known as a trouble maker. His actions caused the fight and probable suspension of our best pitcher. I bet it has also caused some tensions in the club house.

He is a crooked hat wearin thug.

knoonan991
08-11-2010, 06:21 PM
I think this whole incident has harmed Phillips value. He will forever be known as a trouble maker. His actions caused the fight and probable suspension of our best pitcher. I bet it has also caused some tensions in the club house.

He is a crooked hat wearin thug.

Oh come on, do you really think he has caused tension in the club house?:rolleyes:

Pretty sad if so.

Vottomatic
08-11-2010, 06:23 PM
Every player in that clubhouse can look themselves in the mirror and take some blame for that 3 game debacle. Well, except for maybe Joey Votto. :D

davereds24
08-11-2010, 06:23 PM
To stop facing the best pitchers in the game... which will happen after Friday's game.

Too bad that's not the case. They also face Sanchez this weekend, and have the Dodgers and Giants coming up.

DocRed
08-12-2010, 11:56 AM
Good thing we get someone easy coming off the Cards shallacking...

Trace's Daddy
08-12-2010, 12:42 PM
It would be nice to see Stubbs bunt for base hits against this type of pitching. Bunt single and try to steal 2nd or get sacrificed to 2nd.

Krawhitham
08-12-2010, 01:22 PM
make stubbs do nothing but bunt for a week in practice

UPRedsFan
08-12-2010, 02:25 PM
Dusty should stack the lineup with lefties against Johnson like he should have done against AW.

Edmonds in center, Nix in left, Bruce in right

Phillips
Edmonds
Votto
Rolen
Bruce
Hernandez
Nix
Janish

By the way leave Gomes on the bench for the next week and let Heisey play defense in left field.

Griffey012
08-12-2010, 08:43 PM
:help:

After facing 3 of the top 10 NL pitchers now the Reds get the best one. What do you think can be done to help get this team going?

I'd like to see Edmonds in the 2 hole to see if hitting in front of Votto can get him going.

Hopefully the day off will make a big difference for BP, Rolen, and Joey.

We are heading into dangerous territory. Johnson on Friday is gonna be tough to beat, Leake is starting Saturday and he has not been good of late. All this before the big West Coast trip.

To get this team going, we need Rolen to get back on track. We need Gomes to sit at the end of the bench unless he PH's against a lefty reliever. We need Edmonds to provide a solid bat.

Maker_84
08-13-2010, 02:25 AM
ya were gonna lose

redsfan_12
08-13-2010, 11:46 AM
ya were gonna lose

I'm not suprised

Girevik
08-13-2010, 12:38 PM
I'm glad we're facing him today and not tomorrow. I'm taking my son and a couple of his friends down for his 10th birthday tomorrow. We went on his birthday last year and twice this year and he has yet to see them win.

CySeymour
08-13-2010, 12:43 PM
What sucks is the Cards get to face a 27 year old rookie tonight when they face the Cubs!

And yeah, the all lefty hitting outfield is ok with me against Johnson tonight.

arkimadee
08-13-2010, 01:23 PM
god this is the longest wait for a game of all time.. im ready to get that taste out of my mouth from this week.. i'm ready to be happy about baseball again

Rockermann
08-13-2010, 01:55 PM
god this is the longest wait for a game of all time.. im ready to get that taste out of my mouth from this week.. i'm ready to be happy about baseball again

Me too, but I don't think tonight is going to help much. Not going against Johnson.

arkimadee
08-13-2010, 02:27 PM
Me too, but I don't think tonight is going to help much. Not going against Johnson.
couldn't be any worse than right wayne or john carpenter.. lol

davereds24
08-13-2010, 04:05 PM
Hopefully the heat gets to Johnson, although I'm sure he's used to it in Florida. I'd don't see him going past 7, it's brutal out.

Caveat Emperor
08-13-2010, 04:19 PM
LOSS

Knock it off with the one-word posts.

takealeake
08-13-2010, 08:26 PM
LOSS

:owned:

10xWSChamps
08-13-2010, 08:35 PM
Well if nothing else, this should put Wainwright firmly in first for the Cy Young ;)

We faced Josh Johnson like a week ago. While he had a decent game I sure didn't think he looked like someone that had a sub-2 ERA in august. I think he may be wearing down a bit or something. I was surprised to see the Reds score 4 so quickly off him though

scott91575
08-13-2010, 09:09 PM
Well if nothing else, this should put Wainwright firmly in first for the Cy Young ;)

We faced Josh Johnson like a week ago. While he had a decent game I sure didn't think he looked like someone that had a sub-2 ERA in august. I think he may be wearing down a bit or something. I was surprised to see the Reds score 4 so quickly off him though

are you kidding? I watched that Cards/Marlins game. Outside of one inning he mowed down the Cards with ease his last start. If not for their idiot manager he would have thrown a complete game and got the win. He still went 8 innings giving up only 5 hits and 2 ER. He was unhittable his last 4 innings.

Defacto
08-13-2010, 09:11 PM
Glad to see the Reds winning this.

New York Red
08-13-2010, 10:28 PM
Nice job of bouncing back from the STL series, and against one of the best pitchers in the game. Way to go, Reds!

redlegs2370
08-13-2010, 10:32 PM
Great at bats by 1-8 hitters tonight. Really liked how they worked the count against Johnson and made him throw a lot of pitches. Also liked see the aggressiveness on the base paths. I know some were thrown out going 1st to 3rd but liked the hustle. That was the team I have enjoyed watching play since last April!

HalMorrisRules
08-13-2010, 11:19 PM
Josh Johnson had given up 5 runs in total for the month of July and in the month of June. He gave up 6 runs in the month of May. The Reds matched and surpassed those monthly totals in less than 4 innings.

Jack Burton
08-14-2010, 12:16 AM
Nice job of bouncing back from the STL series, and against one of the best pitchers in the game. Way to go, Reds!

Definitely, very impressive way to bounce back after the StL debacle. It's games like this that show us our squad will be there 'til the end this season. It's gonna be an interesting ride fellas.

1990REDS
08-14-2010, 09:07 AM
Its amazing what happens when you are patient, take pitches, and work counts. The just go up thier and swing approach doesnt work against #1 starters.