PDA

View Full Version : Cueto 7 game suspension

Pages : 1 [2]

08-12-2010, 05:20 PM
Indeed. It was done in the Post and on several local radio stations. I love both guys, but Tony's done more longer.

That's a huge crock. Your fanbase overwhelmingly values integrity. PLEASE. You're middle Americans, just as we are. You're no more holy, no better. Tony, for the most part, is a pretty good guy. He's uber intense, and the guy does nothing but win.

Dusty is NO worse than Tony.

I am sorry, I did not mean to imply that Cardinal fans do not value integrity. It's just that it is easy to ignore a lack of integrity, or not see it, when the guy is on your side and winning.

Just like many Ohio State fans loved Woody Hayes, they ignored or didn't see his failings, because he was winning. The fans don't value integrity any more or less, they just can't see it, because their team is winning. Happens all the time. Not a reflection of the fans at all.

Again, I apologize if I insulted Cardinal fans, I can see how my comments sounded like that.

lidspinner
08-12-2010, 05:20 PM
until I see video of Jason getting kicked by Cueto I am going to assume Jason got kicked on the bottom of pile.....as stated earlier, the video is all right there for all to see, why cant we see Ceuto's foot hitting someone in the face? Its because that someone was on the freaking ground for half the brawl right next to 30 pairs of metal spikes....his own teammates could have done it and we would never know.

CardsFanBob
08-12-2010, 05:21 PM
I am sorry, I did not mean to imply that Cardinal fans do not value integrity. It's just that it is easy to ignore a lack of integrity, or not see it, when the guy is on your side and winning.

Just like many Ohio State fans loved Woody Hayes, they ignored or didn't see his failings, because he was winning. The fans don't value integrity any more or less, they just can't see it, because their team is winning. Happens all the time. Not a reflection of the fans at all.

Again, I apologize if I insulted Cardinal fans, I can see how my comments sounded like that.

Accepted.

I'm interested, though... What do you consider his indiscretions?

08-12-2010, 05:22 PM
Apparently ESPN reports what the local media tells them.. so why not in this case?

They spin everything in favor of the big markets. That's where the money is. I used to run a small sports news website. We always ran positive spun stories on the Gators, because we made more money when we did.

Stelmacki
08-12-2010, 05:23 PM
until I see video of Jason getting kicked by Cueto I am going to assume Jason got kicked on the bottom of pile.....as stated earlier, the video is all right there for all to see, why cant we see Ceuto's foot hitting someone in the face? Its because that someone was on the freaking ground for half the brawl right next to 30 pairs of metal spikes....his own teammates could have done it and we would never know.

Seriously? You are the only person I've seen who doesn't know Cueto was the one who kicked LaRue.

Stelmacki
08-12-2010, 05:24 PM
They spin everything in favor of the big markets. That's where the money is. I used to run a small sports news website. We always ran positive spun stories on the Gators, because we made more money when we did.

St. Louis is not a big market.

CardsFanBob
08-12-2010, 05:24 PM

You obviously have not seen the video. Here's a link to the youtube clip.

YouTube - Cardinals, Reds fight after Molina rejects Phillips' bat greeting (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xMZTJr4ByM)

Foot meet face. It's pretty damn apparent.

CardsFanBob
08-12-2010, 05:25 PM

No, but the Cardinals have one of the larger national followings, so I can sort of see where they're coming from.

HarlieChustle
08-12-2010, 05:25 PM

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20100810&content_id=13276098&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

10xWSChamps
08-12-2010, 05:27 PM

http://bloximages.newyork1.vip.townnews.com/stltoday.com/content/tncms/assets/editorial/8/e9/2f1/8e92f1c2-a55d-11df-9272-0017a4a78c22-revisions/4c62c2654df08.preview-300.jpg

LaRue is kind of bent over right there, directly in front of Rolen (rolen is touching him) and you can see Carpenter (back turned to Cueto, in the solid red shirt) just off to the side of Cueto.

Is it really so hard to believe, since it's obvious that Cueto is kicking in that picture, that Carpenter and LaRue did indeed get kicked?

08-12-2010, 05:28 PM

That is very funny.

The Cardinal market easily one of the top 6 baseball markets in the majors. Mostly because of KMOX and the fact that they were the only franchise west of the Mississippi for decades. Huge nationwide fan base.

Yankees
Red Sox
Dodgers
Cards/Cubs/Braves in some order

08-12-2010, 05:29 PM
Cueto kicked LaRue in the face. Pretty clear evidence of it. There is no defending Cueto, no matter his intentions. Kicking gets you suspended. End of story.

Stelmacki
08-12-2010, 05:33 PM
That is very funny.

The Cardinal market easily one of the top 6 baseball markets in the majors. Mostly because of KMOX and the fact that they were the only franchise west of the Mississippi for decades. Huge nationwide fan base.

Yankees
Red Sox
Dodgers
Cards/Cubs/Braves in some order

Fair enough. The Cardinals may have a large following, but what I was trying to say is that the city of St. Louis isn't a large market. There have been small, local rumors of trying to get the Cardinals their own network as well as expanding their radio coverage.

bshall2105
08-12-2010, 05:36 PM
Wow Mike Wilbon just went on about how ridiculous it is that Cueto got suspended. You can tell he's a Cubs fan.

Vottomatic
08-12-2010, 05:50 PM
Ridiculous. Cardinals are just a bunch of pansies.

Cueto did nothing to get suspended. The league is wrong on this one.

Lapussa's whining and crying in the media brought this on.

Stelmacki
08-12-2010, 05:52 PM

At least you are being objective and mature about it.....

10xWSChamps
08-12-2010, 05:57 PM

I like your signature lol

two-hole
08-12-2010, 06:00 PM
Afternoon, all.

I appreciate the opportunity to join your forum amid a heated and fun division race! It's been an interesting week to be sure.

I'm a Cards fan, but I'm not here to start trouble. Just to talk some baseball.

I have a few questions based on the comments I've been reading:

-What did Colby say about Arroyo that has Reds fan fuming? I seem to remember him saying something earlier this year about "slop pitching" in a post game interview. I'm fairly certain I remember thinking at the time that Colby probably said something that might not come across very well.

-Was there something other than the complaints about the slick balls that makes Reds fans think Carp is a whiner?

-Also, I've read several people saying BP's comments were "true", based on several occurrences over the last couple years. What besides the Colby comment and Carp's distaste for the (lack of) ball preparation at GAB makes the Cardinals team whiny little B's?

It's interesting to get outside one's surroundings of mostly die-hard homer fans to see what other teams think of your club. I'm just curious why you think the MLB tends to feel the same way about the Cards that BP does.

Regards!

Vottomatic
08-12-2010, 06:03 PM
Afternoon, all.

I appreciate the opportunity to join your forum amid a heated and fun division race! It's been an interesting week to be sure.

I'm a Cards fan, but I'm not here to start trouble. Just to talk some baseball.

I have a few questions based on the comments I've been reading:

-What did Colby say about Arroyo that has Reds fan fuming? I seem to remember him saying something earlier this year about "slop pitching" in a post game interview. I'm fairly certain I remember thinking at the time that Colby probably said something that might not come across very well.

-Was there something other than the complaints about the slick balls that makes Reds fans think Carp is a whiner?

-Also, I've read several people saying BP's comments were "true", based on several occurrences over the last couple years. What besides the Colby comment and Carp's distaste for the (lack of) ball preparation at GAB makes the Cardinals team whiny little B's?

It's interesting to get outside one's surroundings of mostly die-hard homer fans to see what other teams think of your club. I'm just curious why you think the MLB tends to feel the same way about the Cards that BP does.

Regards!

You offended me with your post when you said you are a Cards fan. :D

Just kidding. Welcome to the board.

bshall2105
08-12-2010, 06:04 PM
Colby was acting like Arroyo has the worst stuff he's ever seen. He acted embarassed about going 0-4. It wasn't that big of a deal, but when a young guy like Rasmus is talking trash about a vet that set me off.

Vottomatic
08-12-2010, 06:27 PM
I just watched mlb.com's video of the brawl. They show it from two angles. Cueto got entirely hosed with a 7 game suspension. He was slammed up against and then pinned against the wall. He had every right to defend himself even if it involved kicking. To sit there and get crushed..........well tell that to the victims of the Cincinnati Who Concert years ago. He was in danger of being hurt. Total crap he got suspended. Meanwhile, Molina starts the entire thing and then Carpenter and Lapuss-a egg it on. Cueto incident never happens if the Pacifier duo don't cry and yell at the Reds players "get off my property" like 5 year olds. Rolen plays peacemaker holding Carpenter back.

Then frickin' Lapuss-a cries in the media that Cueto should be suspended because Larue got hurt. UH.............if he was so hurt.........in the first view of the brawl, after Cueto finished kicking, they show Rolen holding back Carpenter for a very long time........and Larue is right behind him. No blood. He is actually looking to fight someone or get in the mix.........THIS IS ALL AFTER CUETO SUPPOSEDLY KICKED HIM. Look at the video.

Cardinals made this all up about Larue. He was perfectly fine. Lapuss-a probably beat him up in the tunnel afterward and told him to take one for the team and say he got hurt, to stick it to the Reds. Coming from the kingpin head coach who had the most 'Roid players under him in his career (and probably still does), it would not surprise me.

Cueto got hosed. Lance's blog says the same thing. And Lance was at the game when it happened.

10xWSChamps
08-12-2010, 06:39 PM
Vottomatic, I worry about your blood pressure. No need to get so angry about this.

Vottomatic
08-12-2010, 06:43 PM
I found it. Video proof of Jason Larue in the Cardinals locker room after the brawl beating himself up.

YouTube - Liar Liar Kickin My Ass (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzv2R3gUhks&feature=related)

fielder's choice
08-12-2010, 06:46 PM
stop posting, seriously

lidspinner
08-12-2010, 06:48 PM
You obviously have not seen the video. Here's a link to the youtube clip.

YouTube - Cardinals, Reds fight after Molina rejects Phillips' bat greeting (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xMZTJr4ByM)

Foot meet face. It's pretty damn apparent.

show me....I have seen that video a thousand times....its right there Bob, slow it down and show me where Cuetos foot meets face.....you guys are assuming

Vottomatic
08-12-2010, 06:54 PM
Come on. Now that was pretty good, you gotta admit.

Jim Carrey, Liar Liar = Jason Larue, Cards vs. Reds brawl

I even pulled up the youtube video.

Lighten up Francis.

Rijo's Ghost
08-12-2010, 06:56 PM
I just watched mlb.com's video of the brawl. They show it from two angles. Cueto got entirely hosed with a 7 game suspension. He was slammed up against and then pinned against the wall.

So surely you saw this angle right? You know, the one where Carpenter is slammed against the wall and Cueto is standing to the side completely surrounded by his own teammates?

http://a.imagehost.org/0396/sup.jpg

Vottomatic
08-12-2010, 06:57 PM
Vottomatic, I worry about your blood pressure. No need to get so angry about this.

Easy to say when your instigating players didn't get suspended. :rolleyes:

redlegs2370
08-12-2010, 06:57 PM
No, I'm not going to agree to disagree. Blaming Cueto's suspension on his race is not intelligent. Agreeing to disagree implies two people who recognize the validity of both sentiments and accept that their disagreement is okay.

My sentiment (That Cueto's suspension is not racially charged) is valid. Yours is not.

:thumbdown

How is mine not valid and yours is? It is a matter of opinion. Cueto did nothing wrong but defend himself. All I hear about Cardinal fans being intelligent baseball fans and all I see is a bunch of people drinking the LaRussa kool aid. Listen to the radio broadcast Marty and Cowboy mention nothing about Cueto kicking anybody. Not until the clown that is LaRussa brainwashes all of his players & you Cardinal fans into blaming Cueto. It was brilliant move on LaRussa and not only did you guys buy it MLB did. Where Dusty takes the high road.

bshall2105
08-12-2010, 06:58 PM
So surely you saw this angle right? You know, the one where Carpenter is slammed against the wall and Cueto is standing to the side completely surrounded by his own teammates?

I think that is Jonny Cueto trying to pull Gomes out of there right before he gets shoved into all of the mess.

lidspinner
08-12-2010, 06:59 PM
everyone is assuming Cueto is the bad guy here.......watch that video in slow mo and you will not see Cueto kicking anyone except Carpenter.....I will say it again, if Larue was on the ground is it not possible for him to get kicked by anyone else? there had to be at least 30 set of spikes down there all moving very fast and all big guys......I know it could have and might have been JC, but I need evidence before I suspend a guy.

redlegs2370
08-12-2010, 06:59 PM
everyone is assuming Cueto is the bad guy here.......watch that video in slow mo and you will not see Cueto kicking anyone except Carpenter.....I will say it again, if Larue was on the ground is it not possible for him to get kicked by anyone else? there had to be at least 30 set of spikes down there all moving very fast and all big guys......I know it could have and might have been JC, but I need evidence before I suspend a guy.

good point lid!

Vottomatic
08-12-2010, 07:00 PM

Did you see the one where Larue was just fine and dandy after he supposedly got injured by Cueto's kicking?

Mlb.com has a lengthy section of video where Larue is directly behind Rolen holding back Carpenter, and Larue is bouncing around looking like he's ready to mix it up again, and looks perfectly healthy and all.

A Cardinals player pushed Carpenter up against the wall. Not a Reds player. The picture verifies that. But Carpenter got what he deserved. He cussed at Baker and instigated the entire continuation of the brawl.

I'm sure there are plenty of pictures caught at certain moments anyone could use to defend their point. Nice try. :rolleyes:

GIDP
08-12-2010, 07:00 PM

Just because you keep linking a screen shot doesnt mean anything. You linked a screen shot of before Cueto gets smashed, and then 15 seconds after when hes getting pulled away. You are clearly just trolling now. You care nothing about presenting a legit side to your argument you just want to troll.

Vottomatic
08-12-2010, 07:02 PM

Watch the video on mlb.com. Clearly, and I do mean clearly, Larue is fine in the immediate moments after supposedly getting kicked by Cueto.

Again, they video shows a lengthy section of time where Rolen is holding back Carpenter after the Cueto kicking incident and Larue is perfectly fine.

This is all a con by Lapuss-a.

Rijo's Ghost
08-12-2010, 07:03 PM
Just because you keep linking a screen shot doesnt mean anything. You linked a screen shot of before Cueto gets smashed, and then 15 seconds after when hes getting pulled away. You are clearly just trolling now. You care nothing about presenting a legit side to your argument you just want to troll.

He was smashed up against the wall by his own teammates. Disagreeing with you while presenting actual photo evidence to back up my interpretation of events is not trolling. It's showing unbiased fact. And the unbiased fact is that of all the players involved in the scrum, Cueto was the only one to throw a kick or punch. The only player involved in the entire scrum to be suspended was Cueto. It's not some grand conspiracy, it's what happened.

Vottomatic
08-12-2010, 07:05 PM
He was smashed up against the wall by his own teammates. Disagreeing with you while presenting actual photo evidence to back up my interpretation of events is not trolling. It's showing unbiased fact. And the unbiased fact is that of all the players involved in the scrum, Cueto was the only one to throw a kick or punch. The only player involved in the entire scrum to be suspended was Cueto. It's not some grand conspiracy, it's what happened.

That's your version.

Unbiased fact???? Ridiculous. What I saw was Carpenter getting pushed up against the wall by his own players who were trying to get into the brawl and continue instigating things. Reds players were playing peacemakers and holding eachother back.

Lapuss-a has all you Cards fans brainwashed, obviously.

Not the way I saw it or any of my friends or even WLW sportstalk host Lance McAlister saw it, as he posted on his blog, and he was at the game and has seen multiple videos of it.

Your homerism is bleeding through. But you should be happy. Tony's media whining and con worked to perfection.

Rijo's Ghost
08-12-2010, 07:12 PM
That's your version.

Not the way I saw it or any of my friends or even WLW sportstalk host Lance McAlister saw it, as he posted on his blog, and he was at the game and has seen multiple videos of it.

Your homerism is bleeding through. But you should be happy. Tony's media whining and con worked to perfection.

I'm not a Cards fan, I just don't think everything comes up sunshine and bubbles because it was a Reds player.

You want to talk about homerism? How about how yesterday when you claimed that Carpenter used a racial slur? And your "buddy" from WLW is the one that told you? Even tough another Cincinnati wrote what the players told him he actually said? How's that for homerism?

Are you really trying to tell me that Cueto wasn't kicking? That's not my "version" of the events, it's exactly what happened. Cueto being "pinned" against the wall by his own teammates isn't my version, it's what actually happened.

lidspinner
08-12-2010, 07:16 PM
cueto might have been kicking, but not at Jason Larue....geesh. Show us pics or video of Jason getting kicked in the face. Until then, I am going to assume he got clipped while on the ground next to 30 other pairs of spikes. My gosh you cardinal fans will assume whatever you want to...........

Cueto kicked Carp in the back, he should be suspended for that...but not 7 games. you are just assuming he got Jason too. That is wrong, and that is not what a commisioner should do before he hands out suspensions.

lidspinner
08-12-2010, 07:17 PM
I have it on good authority that Carpenter scratched Rolens arm with his finger nails while they were scruffling around.....where is Carps 7 game suspension?

see how easy it is to assume.

Rijo's Ghost
08-12-2010, 07:19 PM
I have it on good authority that Carpenter scratched Rolens arm with his finger nails while they were scruffling around.....where is Carps 7 game suspension?

see how easy it is to assume.

The league doesn't assume. They review video submitted by both teams and interview players involved.

And anyways, is it crazy to assume that LaRue got kicked in the face? You admitted to Cueto kicking Carpenter in the back. Cueto is on video kicking wildly, and LaRue's head was pushed down by Rolen about as high Carpenter's back. That just screams common sense to me, and I can guarantee that if the teams were reversed your view would be completely different than it is now.

Stelmacki
08-12-2010, 07:21 PM
I just watched mlb.com's video of the brawl. They show it from two angles. Cueto got entirely hosed with a 7 game suspension. He was slammed up against and then pinned against the wall. (1)He had every right to defend himself even if it involved kicking. To sit there and get crushed..........well tell that to the victims of the Cincinnati Who Concert years ago. He was in danger of being hurt. Total crap he got suspended. Meanwhile, (2)Molina starts the entire thing and then Carpenter and Lapuss-a egg it on. Cueto incident never happens if the Pacifier duo don't cry and yell at the Reds players "get off my property" like 5 year olds. Rolen plays peacemaker holding Carpenter back.

Then frickin' Lapuss-a cries in the media that Cueto should be suspended because Larue got hurt. UH.............if he was so hurt.........in the first view of the brawl, after Cueto finished kicking, they show Rolen holding back Carpenter for a very long time........and Larue is right behind him. No blood. He is actually looking to fight someone or get in the mix.........THIS IS ALL AFTER CUETO SUPPOSEDLY KICKED HIM. Look at the video.

Cardinals made this all up about Larue. He was perfectly fine. (3)Lapuss-a probably beat him up in the tunnel afterward and told him to take one for the team and say he got hurt, to stick it to the Reds. Coming from the kingpin head coach who had the most 'Roid players under him in his career (and probably still does), it would not surprise me.

Cueto got hosed. Lance's blog says the same thing. And Lance was at the game when it happened.

(1) So it would be ok, in your mind, if Carpenter started kicking people, too? He was in the same position as Cueto, so your logic suggests it's ok for him to start kicking people.

(2) You need to take the homer glasses off.

(3) Clearly, you do not want to be taken seriously.

Stelmacki
08-12-2010, 07:23 PM
cueto might have been kicking, but not at Jason Larue....geesh. Show us pics or video of Jason getting kicked in the face. Until then, I am going to assume he got clipped while on the ground next to 30 other pairs of spikes. My gosh you cardinal fans will assume whatever you want to...........

Cueto kicked Carp in the back, he should be suspended for that...but not 7 games. you are just assuming he got Jason too. That is wrong, and that is not what a commisioner should do before he hands out suspensions.

No one is really assuming this. It's clear that he kicked LaRue in the face. The video proves it. (Wow, just as I post this the news shows a replay of LaRue getting kicked in the face by Cueto) The only thing you can question is how seriously LaRue was injured because of this.

Stelmacki
08-12-2010, 07:24 PM
That's your version.

Unbiased fact???? Ridiculous. What I saw was Carpenter getting pushed up against the wall by his own players who were trying to get into the brawl and continue instigating things. Reds players were playing peacemakers and holding eachother back.

Irony.

Vottomatic
08-12-2010, 07:40 PM
(1) So it would be ok, in your mind, if Carpenter started kicking people, too? He was in the same position as Cueto, so your logic suggests it's ok for him to start kicking people.

Cueto was kicking to get people off him before he was crushed. Depends on why Carpenter would be kicking. More than likely in his case, it would be a girly thing.

(2) You need to take the homer glasses off.

And you don't? :rolleyes:

(3) Clearly, you do not want to be taken seriously.

I am taken seriously by Reds fans. And don't call me Clearly. :D

10xWSChamps
08-12-2010, 07:42 PM

It's not about who he kicked or how much damage he did, it was the fact that he was violently kicking. It doesn't really matter that he hit 2 people. I sincerely doubt that Bud Selig decided to hand out 3.5 games per person kicked. He was suspended because he was one of the few people that got violent in the fight and he was the only one that could be singled out from the video tape.

LaRue has damage on his face. They called up a catcher from AA to replace him for awhile. Carpenter has welts on his back and photographs of those injuries along with the injuries to LaRue's face were passed along to MLB officials.

This is not some conspiracy theory. I will re-port what I said on page 18;

http://bloximages.newyork1.vip.townnews.com/stltoday.com/content/tncms/assets/editorial/8/e9/2f1/8e92f1c2-a55d-11df-9272-0017a4a78c22-revisions/4c62c2654df08.preview-300.jpg

LaRue is kind of bent over right there, directly in front of Rolen (rolen is touching him) and you can see Carpenter (back turned to Cueto, in the solid red shirt) just off to the side of Cueto.

Is it really so hard to believe, since it's obvious that Cueto is kicking in that picture, that Carpenter and LaRue did indeed get kicked?

Jason's head is about a foot from Cueto's feet in that picture. If that isn't evidence enough then you are just being unreasonable.

Stelmacki
08-12-2010, 07:44 PM
Cueto was kicking to get people off him before he was crushed. Depends on why Carpenter would be kicking. More than likely in his case, it would be a girly thing.

And you don't? :rolleyes:

I am taken seriously by Reds fans. And don't call me Clearly. :D

I get that you're a troll, but please tell me why, if Cueto was kicking to "get people off him", he wasn't kicking his own teammates? You know, the ones holding him against the wall. Take it as a compliment that I just think you're acting like an idiot on purpose.

Vottomatic
08-12-2010, 07:44 PM
It's not about who he kicked or how much damage he did, it was the fact that he was violently kicking. It doesn't really matter that he hit 2 people. I sincerely doubt that Bud Selig decided to hand out 3.5 games per person kicked. He was suspended because he was one of the few people that got violent in the fight and he was the only one that could be singled out from the video tape.

LaRue has damage on his face. They called up a catcher from AA to replace him for awhile. Carpenter has welts on his back and photographs of those injuries along with the injuries to LaRue's face were passed along to MLB officials.

This is not some conspiracy theory. I will re-port what I said on page 18;

Jason's head is about a foot from Cueto's feet in that picture. If that isn't evidence enough then you are just being unreasonable.

If the Cards wouldn't have started it and egged it on halfway through, nobody gets hurt.

It's all their fault.

I'm done with this thread since I've proven conclusively that it's all the Cardinals players fault, and Cueto was suspended unfairly, and Molina and Carpenter should have been suspended instead.

Next thread. Good night.

Stelmacki
08-12-2010, 07:45 PM
If the Cards wouldn't have started it and egged it on halfway through, nobody gets hurt.

It's all their fault.

I'm done with this thread since I've proven conclusively that it's all the Cardinals players fault, and Cueto was suspended unfairly, and Molina and Carpenter should have been suspended instead.

Next thread. Good night.

Troll Fail.

lidspinner
08-12-2010, 07:45 PM
No one is really assuming this. It's clear that he kicked LaRue in the face. The video proves it. (Wow, just as I post this the news shows a replay of LaRue getting kicked in the face by Cueto) The only thing you can question is how seriously LaRue was injured because of this.

so it should not be hard to get me a still photo or a slo mo video of it then....post it and I will eat crow.....I am not afraid to admit i am wrong....I am just not gonna admit a guy kicked another guy when said guy was crawling on the bottom of the pile at one point in time....he could have gotten kicked at any time...sure logic points to Cueto and I might see it differently if roles were reversed.....but they are not and you are on a Reds board...I am here to defend the Reds, if you dont want to hear it then quit posting here or show me proof and I will gladly admit my wrong doing.

so you just seen it on replay of Jason getting kicked by Ceuto....SHOW ME

Stelmacki
08-12-2010, 07:48 PM
so it should not be hard to get me a still photo or a slo mo video of it then....post it and I will eat crow.....I am not afraid to admit i am wrong....I am just not gonna admit a guy kicked another guy when said guy was crawling on the bottom of the pile at one point in time....he could have gotten kicked at any time...sure logic points to Cueto and I might see it differently if roles were reversed.....but they are not and you are on a Reds board...I am here to defend the Reds, if you dont want to hear it then quit posting here or show me proof and I will gladly admit my wrong doing.

so you just seen it on replay of Jason getting kicked by Ceuto....SHOW ME

YouTube - cards-reds fight brawl clear benches 10-aug-2010 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbyNrzH_JGI)

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20100810&content_id=13276098&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

Done.

redlegs2370
08-12-2010, 07:54 PM
YouTube - cards-reds fight brawl clear benches 10-aug-2010 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbyNrzH_JGI)

Done.

The video clearly shows TLR going up to Dusty. Dusty is getting Brandon Phillips back and Tony comes out and wants to get in Dusty's face. That is what I see. Just face it Molina, LaRussa, and Carpenter are the culprits and all of you Cardinal fans repeat what Tony says. You or your players can't think for yourselves. Marty and Cowboy had the best view and they neither one said Cueto was kicking anybody.

Stelmacki
08-12-2010, 07:58 PM
The video clearly shows TLR going up to Dusty. Dusty is getting Brandon Phillips back and Tony comes out and wants to get in Dusty's face. That is what I see. Just face it Molina, LaRussa, and Carpenter are the culprits and all of you Cardinal fans repeat what Tony says. You or your players can't think for yourselves. Marty and Cowboy had the best view and they neither one said Cueto was kicking anybody.

My apologies. The Cardinals were the only culprits and all the Reds are innocent. Cueto never even threw kicks, it was all superimposed by LaRussa and he actually faked the whole video. No Reds players even got off the bench....

ThornWithin81
08-12-2010, 08:03 PM
The Reds are guilty. The Cardinals are guilty. The fight was great for both franchises, the rivalry and MLB ratings in the region. The right player was suspended and both skippers were given equal punishment. What are we arguing about? Right now they are talking about our fight during the MLB Network coverage of tonight's LAD/PHI game. They are showing footage of the brawl. I'm glad the Reds are getting attention.

Both teams instigated the fight at different points in the series. If you think the Reds are only at fault, you're wrong. If you think the Cardinals are only at fault, you're wrong.

"Middle ground" is a great thing.

redlegs2370
08-12-2010, 08:05 PM
My apologies. The Cardinals were the only culprits and all the Reds are innocent. Cueto never even threw kicks, it was all superimposed by LaRussa and he actually faked the whole video. No Reds players even got off the bench....

He tried to get people off of him when he was pinned against the wall. He was just pushing them back with his legs to get separation. You guys just want Cueto to be suspended because it will hurt the Reds. Plain and simple.

Stelmacki
08-12-2010, 08:11 PM
He tried to get people off of him when he was pinned against the wall. He was just pushing them back with his legs to get separation. You guys just want Cueto to be suspended because it will hurt the Reds. Plain and simple.

Do you even take yourself seriously?

Griffey012
08-12-2010, 08:13 PM
His timing could have been better but, I still don't think it should call for any suspention. Still was only words and NOT RACIAL !

I never said it was racial and I don't think it was either, please don't try and put words in my mouth. But nobody has any proof it was not racial either, nobody knows what was said, therefore its not out of line for some to believe it MAY have been.

redlegs2370
08-12-2010, 08:14 PM
Do you even take yourself seriously?

Just defending Johnny because every Cardinal fan wants to crucify him and I doubt he can come on here and defend himself.

ThornWithin81
08-12-2010, 08:14 PM

Cueto was kicking people. It isn't like he extended his legs and kept them extended to just keep people away. He was kicking for all he was worth, not worrying about who he caught or how bad he could have hurt them.

What if the Cardinals players behind LaRue push him forwards at the wrong time? What if he loses his balance, looks up and catches Cueto's cleat in his eye? What if he loses that eye?

Players CANNOT use their cleats as weapons, even in apparent defense. The best defense in that situation for Cueto would have been staying out of the scrum in the first place. You're a little guy and you're the starting pitcher. Stay focused on your routine and let the position guys do the dirty work.

I realize I'm arguing with the same person who blamed this suspension on the race card a few pages back. I don't expect to make any headway here. :p:

lidspinner
08-12-2010, 08:15 PM
WOW.....you are nothing but a troll...do you think I have not seen that video a hundred times? show me the video of JC kicking JL in the face....matter of fact, just pause it on the screen shot and link that pic, its easy to do on a video...which you posted 2 vids, so somewhere in there you should be able to get me a still shot of Cueto kicking Jason in the face.....I mean its right there, show me.

again, breaking news out of reds camp....jason larue is being accused of biting Cuetos feet and taking an entire toe off....He bit his pinky toe off. Its right there in the video. See how close Jasons face is to Cuetos foot? it had to be him who bit his toe off....Lets suspend Jason. see how retarded that sounds? Thats how you all sound accusing Cueto of kicking Larue in the face.

Rijo's Ghost
08-12-2010, 08:15 PM

haha

Well then I guess Molina was just asking Phillips if he wanted to get a beer after the game.

MLB reviews video submitted by both teams. They gave him a 7 game suspension. This isn't some conspiracy to get him suspended. He kicked Carpenter in the back and kicked LaRue. There were plenty of guys pinned up against the backstop and he was the only one who kicked.

Rijo's Ghost
08-12-2010, 08:17 PM
I never said it was racial and I don't think it was either, please don't try and put words in my mouth. But nobody has any proof it was not racial either, nobody knows what was said, therefore its not out of line for some to believe it MAY have been.

The Reds players told a Cincinnati reporter that Carpenter said "F___ You" to Dusty. And yes, it is completely out of line to accuse someone of racism because of a baseball fight.

Stelmacki
08-12-2010, 08:18 PM
WOW.....you are nothing but a troll...do you think I have not seen that video a hundred times? show me the video of JC kicking JL in the face....matter of fact, just pause it on the screen shot and link that pic, its easy to do on a video...which you posted 2 vids, so somewhere in there you should be able to get me a still shot of Cueto kicking Jason in the face.....I mean its right there, show me.

again, breaking news out of reds camp....jason larue is being accused of biting Cuetos feet and taking an entire toe off....He bit his pinky toe off. Its right there in the video. See how close Jasons face is to Cuetos foot? it had to be him who bit his toe off....Lets suspend Jason. see how retarded that sounds? Thats how you all sound accusing Cueto of kicking Larue in the face.

There are videos of Cueto kicking LaRue and you are the only one denying it. Not even the Reds players are saying he never kicked LaRue. If you believe that he didn't, you're not someone who has a worthy opinion.

redlegs2370
08-12-2010, 08:18 PM
haha

Well then I guess Molina was just asking Phillips if he wanted to get a beer after the game.

MLB reviews video submitted by both teams. They gave him a 7 game suspension. This isn't some conspiracy to get him suspended. He kicked Carpenter in the back and kicked LaRue. There were plenty of guys pinned up against the backstop and he was the only one who kicked.

You know what Johnny is a young kid and he is not from this country. Who are we to judge. He is in a different culture and you see 50 people rushing against you your going to be frightened. He is a pitcher should he use his hand to try and get away. You Cardinal fans need to go take a multicultural class and try and understand where some people are coming from.

redlegs2370
08-12-2010, 08:20 PM
It really bothers me that Cardinal fans come on here and attack us personally for stating what we believe we witnessed or our opinions on what happened. This is a great site for intelligent baseball talk and not one to attack posters personally.

lidspinner
08-12-2010, 08:22 PM
quit arguing with everyone except me please....I want to see footage or a still pic of Cueto kicking Jason....if you have the video as posted above, its simple to hit pause and get a still pic. thats all I am asking, nothing else. JC was kicking, he was wrong....he deserved some type of suspension or fine...just not what he got and he dont deserve what he is being accused of. I FIRMLY believe that Jason Larue got hurt in the brawl....just not by Johnny....Jason was on the ground at one point, how many people stepped over him? 10? 20? and some was his own teammates so they may have been the ones who cut him open.....we are just not going to sit on this Reds board while I am on here and throw Cueto to the wolves when all your doing is assuming.

SHOW ME

Razzle
08-12-2010, 08:22 PM
You know what Johnny is a young kid and he is not from this country. Who are we to judge. He is in a different culture and you see 50 people rushing against you your going to be frightened. He is a pitcher should he use his hand to try and get away. You Cardinal fans need to go take a multicultural class and try and understand where some people are coming from.

Wait, so now because he's dominican he doesn't know that kicking people with his cleats is wrong? Why do you keep making this racial? This has absolutely nothing to do with race, cultural differences, or anything else.

Stelmacki
08-12-2010, 08:23 PM
Cueto was kicking people. It isn't like he extended his legs and kept them extended to just keep people away. He was kicking for all he was worth, not worrying about who he caught or how bad he could have hurt them.

What if the Cardinals players behind LaRue push him forwards at the wrong time? What if he loses his balance, looks up and catches Cueto's cleat in his eye? What if he loses that eye?

Players CANNOT use their cleats as weapons, even in apparent defense. The best defense in that situation for Cueto would have been staying out of the scrum in the first place. You're a little guy and you're the starting pitcher. Stay focused on your routine and let the position guys do the dirty work.

I realize I'm arguing with the same person who blamed this suspension on the race card a few pages back. I don't expect to make any headway here. :p:

This. There was no innocent party in this. Molina started "jawing" with Phillips after he tapped his shin guards, which I take Reds' fans words that this is a ritual he does. If his intention is not to start something, then why tap Molina again? The benches clear and LaRussa AND Baker fail to control their teams (hence the suspensions). Carpenter says something to Baker and Rolen goes to back Carpenter off. I really doubt Rolen was trying to fight him and the rush to the back stop probably occurred because everyone else thought otherwise. Cueto runs to the complete other side of the scrum. I have no idea what he was trying to do, but he gets caught by his own team and starts kicking and DOES hit LaRue in the face.

Stelmacki
08-12-2010, 08:24 PM
It really bothers me that Cardinal fans come on here and attack us personally for stating what we believe we witnessed or our opinions on what happened. This is a great site for intelligent baseball talk and not one to attack posters personally.

There was an intelligent discussion going on about this, but it was broken up by a troll (Vottomatic)

redlegs2370
08-12-2010, 08:25 PM
Wait, so now because he's dominican he doesn't know that kicking people with his cleats is wrong? Why do you keep making this racial? This has absolutely nothing to do with race, cultural differences, or anything else.

You Cardinal fans are making this a race issue. I would like to talk Reds baseball but all the Cardinal fans do is come on here and attack the Reds players and I'm going to defend them. Yes I believe that not everyone grows up the same way or handles fear the same. You guys don't care so your not trying to understand the situation. Cueto never got a chance to have his side of the story heard.

foxfire123
08-12-2010, 08:28 PM
There was an intelligent discussion going on about this, but it was broken up by a troll (Vottomatic)

Vottomatic is not a troll. He's a long time member here with well over 1200 posts.

Rijo's Ghost
08-12-2010, 08:29 PM
You Cardinal fans are making this a race issue. I would like to talk Reds baseball but all the Cardinal fans do is come on here and attack the Reds players and I'm going to defend them. Yes I believe that not everyone grows up the same way or handles fear the same. You guys don't care so your not trying to understand the situation. Cueto never got a chance to have his side of the story heard.

That's completely untrue. It's been insinuated since this happened that Carpenter used a slur by many, many people here.

And yes, Cueto absolutely did have the chance to tell his side of the story. MLB talks to all players involved. Cueto pleaded his case and got 7 games, and was the only player even suspended, for kicking.

Stelmacki
08-12-2010, 08:30 PM
Vottomatic is not a troll. He's a long time member here with well over 1200 posts.

He was certainly trying to.

Razzle
08-12-2010, 08:32 PM

I have no clue what happened, honestly. What I saw is a scrum of players all huddled around the backstop and in the midst of this Cueto kicking his feet wildly. I doubt he had the intention of hurting anyone and honestly believe it was a player that got caught in the middle of something he didn't want to be in and was protecting himself. It was just a really dangerous situation. However, there are people that are paid to look into this and come to a conclusion and they suspended Cueto 7 games. If LaRussa's words were lies, LaRue wasn't hurt at all, and the league didn't look further into that and just took their words and handed down the suspension then something is wrong. I really just find it hard to believe that their is some conspiracy against the Reds from the league to suspend Cueto, though.

ThornWithin81

Why does it really bother you? When strangers make personal attacks, ignore them. The judgment of a stranger has no base worth.

Rijo's Ghost
The Reds are guilty. The Cardinals are guilty. The fight was great for both franchises, the rivalry and MLB ratings in the region. The right player was suspended and both skippers were given equal punishment. What are we arguing about? Right now they are talking about our fight during the MLB Network coverage of tonight's LAD/PHI game. They are showing footage of the brawl. I'm glad the Reds are getting attention.

Both teams instigated the fight at different points in the series. If you think the Reds are only at fault, you're wrong. If you think the Cardinals are only at fault, you're wrong.

"Middle ground" is a great thing.
++ 50 million

The only thing I have an issue with is that people somehow think that Cueto is in the right/didn't kick anyone/shouldn't have been suspended and the people that are claiming that Carpenter hurled a racial insult at Dusty.

foxfire123
08-12-2010, 08:43 PM
He was certainly trying to.

Stelmacki, look at it from Reds fans point of view. How would you feel if Cubs fans overran your board? Wouldn't you get a little defensive and fed up?

Think about it.

Dawg
08-12-2010, 08:44 PM
quit arguing with everyone except me please....I want to see footage or a still pic of Cueto kicking Jason....if you have the video as posted above, its simple to hit pause and get a still pic. thats all I am asking, nothing else. JC was kicking, he was wrong....he deserved some type of suspension or fine...just not what he got and he dont deserve what he is being accused of. I FIRMLY believe that Jason Larue got hurt in the brawl....just not by Johnny....Jason was on the ground at one point, how many people stepped over him? 10? 20? and some was his own teammates so they may have been the ones who cut him open.....we are just not going to sit on this Reds board while I am on here and throw Cueto to the wolves when all your doing is assuming.

SHOW ME

Coming up.

Dawg
08-12-2010, 08:46 PM

SHOW ME

http://stlouis.cardinals.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=10844233&c_id=stl
You can ignore the interviews, all Cardinals players.

PujolsMVP
08-12-2010, 08:48 PM
I didn't have time to read all 22 pages of comments, so maybe this has been brought up. On KTRS today, the feeling was that Cueto's suspension was a joke and should have been at least 15 games. The Cardinals and LaRue have considered seeking criminal assault charges based on the injuries suffered.

Mike Shannon called it the ugliest baseball "incident" he's seen in over 50 years. I find it interesting that a few Red's fans make light of Cueto's antics. He could have killed LaRue or Carpenter for God's sake! When you use metal cleats as weapons, it's no different than using a knife or other sharp object. How would you have felt if Cueto pulled out a knife and started swinging violently at others? Because that's exactly what he did!

Obviously, fans of each side are going to see parts of this incident differently. But make no mistake, what Cueto did was criminal and he's lucky that he's a major league baseball player because if he did what he did on the street, he would be in jail!

Griffey012
08-12-2010, 08:54 PM
The Reds players told a Cincinnati reporter that Carpenter said "F___ You" to Dusty. And yes, it is completely out of line to accuse someone of racism because of a baseball fight.

I haven't seen this report of what was said then could you send me or post the link. Like I said, I don't believe it was racial or racially motivated. All I said that was until there is a clear report of what was really said, it is not out of line for some people to believe that it could be a possibility that something racial was said. The keyword is a possibility, I am not supporting making the uninformed accusation that it was racial, I am simply starting that some people may think it was one of many possibilities to set off the kind of reaction it did.

ThornWithin81
08-12-2010, 09:01 PM
How would you have felt if Cueto pulled out a knife and started swinging violently at others? Because that's exactly what he did!

Cleats are dangerous but you lose all credibility IMO when you equate them directly with pulling out a knife and taking wild swings at people. Cueto was afraid of getting hurt and he reacted violently. It is suspension worthy without question but to sit there and say it is "exactly the same" as pulling out a knife and trying to kill people?

Come on. :thumbdown

foxfire123
08-12-2010, 09:05 PM
Bottom line is that no matter what side you're on, the the Commissioners office has ruled and that's that. It's about time everyone agreed to disagree and went on their way. Bottom line is that if Brandon would have stayed quiet, it may not have happened. If Carpenter would have kept his mouth shut, the second part of the melee may not have happened. Both were unprofessional. Sports are passionate, things get said without thinking sometimes.

I still don't think Cueto intentionally meant to hurt anyone. If I would have been put into the same situation as he was, you bet your butt I'd have been punching, kicking, biting, whatever it took to get out of there in one piece. But it's not for us to decide, the official verdict has been handed and we need to accept it.

PujolsMVP
08-12-2010, 09:06 PM
I am simply starting that some people may think it was one of many possibilities to set off the kind of reaction it did.

If you want to know what set off the kind of reaction it did, maybe you should start here:

"I'd play against these guys with one leg. We have to beat these guys. I hate the Cardinals. All they do is ***** and moan about everything, all of them, they're little *****es, all of 'em. I really hate the Cardinals. Compared to the Cardinals, I love the Chicago Cubs. Let me make this clear: I hate the Cardinals."

Sham
08-12-2010, 09:06 PM
[QUOTE=PujolsMVP;2205876]

He could have killed LaRue or Carpenter for God's sake! /QUOTE]

No offense, but are you gay and/or a woman?

ThornWithin81
08-12-2010, 09:08 PM
No offense, but are you gay and/or a woman?

His post was ridiculous but this response is no better. Probably worse.

Saying "No offense" doesn't make a difference.

PujolsMVP
08-12-2010, 09:09 PM
If I would have been put into the same situation as he did, you bet your butt I'd have been punching, kicking, biting, whatever it took to get out of there in one piece. But it's not for us to decide, the official verdict has been handed and we need to accept it.

Watch the video. Carpenter was in that same situation before Cueto was and he simply worked his way out of it without kicking someone with his cleats. If anyone is a little *****, it's Cueto!

foxfire123
08-12-2010, 09:10 PM
Watch the video. Carpenter was in that same situation before Cueto was and he simply worked his way out of it without kicking someone with his cleats. If anyone is a little *****, it's Cueto!

Agree to disagree and be done with it please.

Sham
08-12-2010, 09:11 PM
His post was ridiculous but this response is no better. Probably worse.

Saying "No offense" doesn't make a difference.

Why are you inferring anything negative here? Is there something wrong with being gay and or a woman?

ThornWithin81
08-12-2010, 09:13 PM
Why are you inferring anything negative here? Is there something wrong with being gay and or a woman?

Oh come on. If you weren't trying to imply something negative about one or the other, you would not have asked the question.

And no, there is nothing wrong with being either. Or both, for that matter.

Sham
08-12-2010, 09:19 PM
Oh come on. If you weren't trying to imply something negative about one or the other, you would not have asked the question.

And no, there is nothing wrong with being either. Or both, for that matter.

I wasn't implying anything negative, I'm not sure why you would think I was. I personally don't have a problem with women or gays. I was just curious.

Rijo's Ghost
08-12-2010, 09:31 PM
I haven't seen this report of what was said then could you send me or post the link. Like I said, I don't believe it was racial or racially motivated. All I said that was until there is a clear report of what was really said, it is not out of line for some people to believe that it could be a possibility that something racial was said. The keyword is a possibility, I am not supporting making the uninformed accusation that it was racial, I am simply starting that some people may think it was one of many possibilities to set off the kind of reaction it did.
http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20100811/SPT04/308110050/Tempers-cool-but-there-s-still-fallout-from-Reds-Cardinals-brawl

Carpenter didnít tell the St. Louis writers exactly what he had said to Baker that stirred up the swarm, but the report from the Reds clubhouse was that it was a declarative two-word phrase that is the ultimate American pejorative, known in boardrooms and barnyards and ball diamonds from Boston to Bakersfield.

It's foolish to even bring up the possibility of racism in that situation. Claims of racism shouldn't be thrown around just because guys of different races are arguing.

10xWSChamps
08-12-2010, 09:31 PM
I wasn't implying anything negative, I'm not sure why you would think I was. I personally don't have a problem with women or gays. I was just curious.

Lol you were trying to insult him. No one here is stupid enough to believe otherwise

Sham
08-12-2010, 09:33 PM
Lol you were trying to insult him. No one here is stupid enough to believe otherwise

Really how is that an insult. Do you think women and gays are stupid?

Joseph
08-12-2010, 09:37 PM
Enough guys. Let's act like civilized adults here.

I'm shutting it down.