PDA

View Full Version : Rob Dibble: Baseball Analyst

nate
08-12-2010, 07:58 PM
Here (http://voices.washingtonpost.com/dcsportsbog/2010/08/rob_dibble_amazed_by_women_at.html):

"Those ladies right behind there, they haven't stopped talking the whole game," Rob Dibble said in the sixth inning of Wednesday night's Nats broadcast. "They have some conversation going on. Right here," he said, circling the offenders. "There must be a sale tomorrow going on here or something....Their husbands are going man, don't bring your wife next time."

No word on whether he was aware of fire or the wheel!

:cool:

westofyou
08-13-2010, 09:36 AM
Here (http://voices.washingtonpost.com/dcsportsbog/2010/08/rob_dibble_amazed_by_women_at.html):

No word on whether he was aware of fire or the wheel!

:cool:

Rob Dibble.... misogynist.

REDREAD
08-13-2010, 09:48 AM
Maybe it's wrong, but I laughed, just because he's so stupid.

I'm sure it's part of Dibble's act. It reminds me of when Tracy Jones had that fake caller acting all snobby.. He claimed that the people in the cheap seats should have to wait after the game so that people that paid more for their tickets could get to their cars without a crowd, etc.. I laughed at all the fools that believed it was a real person, when it was obviously fake.

westofyou
08-13-2010, 09:51 AM

I'm sure it's part of Dibble's act. It reminds me of when Tracy Jones had that fake caller acting all snobby.. He claimed that the people in the cheap seats should have to wait after the game so that people that paid more for their tickets could get to their cars without a crowd, etc.. I laughed at all the fools that believed it was a real person, when it was obviously fake.

Act?

Yikes!!

If that's an act then he's always in character.

Lee Strasberg would be proud.

RichRed
08-13-2010, 09:53 AM

After listening to Dibble during several Nats telecasts, I've come to the conclusion that he's not smart enough for that to be an "act."

kbrake
08-13-2010, 10:03 AM

That "caller" still calls in and is still hilarious. People go nuts when that guy is on and it is great radio.

nate
08-13-2010, 10:05 AM
I'm thinking Dibble is in his gig due to his personality rather than grey matter.

lollipopcurve
08-13-2010, 10:08 AM
I think I'm allergic to Dibble. Maximum safe exposure time is about 5 seconds.

Always Red
08-13-2010, 10:28 AM
Rob Dibble.... misogynist.

Rob Dibble.... misanthrope

TeamBoone
08-14-2010, 12:52 PM
I don't like what he said. Stereotyping irks me.

But! As a fan at a game... I absolutely HATE IT when the people behind, in front, or beside me do nothing but yap during the entire game... and not about the game. It's totally distracting and drives me insane. I'd love to scream SHUT THE H... UP!

So, how do you like me now?

BoydsOfSummer
08-14-2010, 07:13 PM
I don't like what he said. Stereotyping irks me.

But! As a fan at a game... I absolutely HATE IT when the people behind, in front, or beside me do nothing but yap during the entire game... and not about the game. It's totally distracting and drives me insane. I'd love to scream SHUT THE H... UP!

So, how do you like me now?

Went to a game at Wrigley a couple years ago. There wasn't a soul within 30 square feet of me paying even the slightest attention to the game. It both irked me and astonished me.

RedsMan3203
08-14-2010, 07:19 PM
That "caller" still calls in and is still hilarious. People go nuts when that guy is on and it is great radio.

Richard from Indian Hill! While that whole meele went on during extra innings and the chick from "Cali" - Pretty much made me stop listening to Extra Innings and I haven't turned it on since.

TheNext44
08-14-2010, 08:33 PM
Went to a game at Wrigley a couple years ago. There wasn't a soul within 30 square feet of me paying even the slightest attention to the game. It both irked me and astonished me.

If I was a Cub fan at a Cubs game. I wouldn't want to pay attention to them playing either. :cool:

TheNext44
08-14-2010, 08:40 PM
Act?

Yikes!!

If that's an act then he's always in character.

Lee Strasberg would be proud.

It is mostly an act. Dibble is a very intelligent, well read person. I actually had a conversation with him over Camus. Not kidding.
He loves attention, however, and learned very early that being outrageous brings lots of attention. If he wasn't in baseball, he would probably make his living as a clown. That's just a hobby for him now.