PDA

View Full Version : Matt Kemp Anyone?

RedLegSuperStar
08-13-2010, 09:57 PM
Seems as though there is still some tention left brewing from Kemp being benched for three games in June for not backing up 2nd on a steal attempt. Rumors of trading the star outfielder were brought up but quickly nixed. With the potential divorce of owner McCourt and potential sale of the Dodgers.. Could at least entertain offers for Kemp most likely this winter. Would Kemp tickle the fancy of any of you Reds fans?

Dom Heffner
08-13-2010, 09:59 PM
I think he's one of the most overrated players in baseball.

Having said that he would be an upgrade in the outfield, though he sure does like himself a lot.

edabbs44
08-13-2010, 10:05 PM
Really don't love guys with 'tudes. If the due diligence checks out then fine. But if he's a head case, no thanks.

Spitball
08-13-2010, 11:26 PM
He has appeared to have loads of potential but may have become derailed by the Hollywood lights. Or maybe Alicia Keys has a way of bringing down rising stars. Or maybe young men near Hollywood are too tempted by sexy women and will go the way of Bo Belinsky, the former no-hit Angel pitcher who went down hill after dating 1960s sexpot Mamie Van Doren.

edabbs44
08-13-2010, 11:29 PM
He has appeared to have loads of potential but may have become derailed by the Hollywood lights, but maybe Alicia Keys has a way of bringing down rising stars. Or maybe young are too tempted to go the way of Bo Belinsky, the former no-hit pitcher who went down hill after dating 1960s sexpot Mamie Van Doren.

Rihanna, no?

RedLegSuperStar
08-13-2010, 11:32 PM
Rihanna, no?

Sweet sweet Rihanna! I'd bat .270 with an OPS of .750 just to cuddle with that. And by cuddle I mean.. yeah!

Spitball
08-13-2010, 11:36 PM
Rihanna, no?

Rihanna, yes...my bad.

Dom Heffner
08-13-2010, 11:39 PM
Sweet sweet Rihanna! I'd bat .270 with an OPS of .750 just to cuddle with that. And by cuddle I mean.. yeah!

Dude, there would be nothing left...

CTA513
08-13-2010, 11:55 PM
Manny ruined him.

kbrake
08-13-2010, 11:59 PM
Not sure if Manny ruined him but I agree with the above if Rihanna ruined him, sign me up.

marcshoe
08-14-2010, 12:01 AM
(maybe this means I'm getting old, but I have to mention that Alicia Keys is much more talented than Rihanna.)

I'd definitely take him. He still has a load of talent, and getting him away from LA might be what he needs.

Big Klu
08-14-2010, 12:14 AM
(maybe this means I'm getting old, but I have to mention that Alicia Keys is much more talented than Rihanna.)

Better-looking, too.

Dom Heffner
08-14-2010, 12:21 AM
You guys are definitely getting old.

Rihanna is smoking.

REDblooded
08-14-2010, 12:25 AM
Sign me up for some Matt Kemp... Yonder Alonso, Matt Maloney (who would thrive in that park), Danny Rey, and Heisey should do the trick...

kbrake
08-14-2010, 12:31 AM
You guys are definitely getting old.

Rihanna is smoking.

Either getting old or never seen the Chris Brown Rihanna pics and not the fight pics haha

wheels
08-14-2010, 12:39 AM
Well....Yeah.

But that cat ain't going anywhere.

OldXOhio
08-15-2010, 11:23 AM
Sign me up for some Matt Kemp... Yonder Alonso, Matt Maloney (who would thrive in that park), Danny Rey, and Heisey should do the trick...

All that for Matt Kemp????

Scrap Irony
08-15-2010, 11:27 AM
I'd guess it'd take Stubbs and Maloney only to get that done. Maybe a middle relief prospect or Sam LeCure would be added. That's how far Kemp's star has faded.

And I'd pull that trigger all day long. Stash Kemp in LF with Heisey in CF and Bruce in RF and that OF should be very good defensively and adequate offensively at least.

RedLegSuperStar
08-15-2010, 11:38 AM

Heisey is the only one of them that they are going to want. Unless another team is involved. Alonso does them no justice with Loney. Denny Rey? Matt Maloney? That will get you hung up on.

Heisey, Matt Klinker, and Todd Frazier

remdog
08-15-2010, 08:24 PM
I'd take Kemp if possible. But I'd like to extend the deal to add Russell Martin.

Offer them Stubbs and Hanigan to relate to those specific positions and then sweeten the pot with Franciso or Frazier (to replace Blake at 3rd) and add Maloney along with Fisher.

It might not get the deal done but it should open a serious dialoge.

Rem

camisadelgolf
08-15-2010, 08:33 PM
Sign me up for that one, too, but I don't think the Dodgers would go for it seeing as how they'd have to cut three players from their 40-man roster to make that happen.

marcshoe
08-15-2010, 10:34 PM
I'd take Kemp if possible. But I'd like to extend the deal to add Russell Martin.

Offer them Stubbs and Hanigan to relate to those specific positions and then sweeten the pot with Franciso or Frazier (to replace Blake at 3rd) and add Maloney along with Fisher.

It might not get the deal done but it should open a serious dialoge.

Rem

Given that this deal includes Martin and that the Dodgers, after trading lucas May for Posednik, are short on up-and-coming catchers, I wonder if they would want and Mesoraco instead of Hanigan.

With the new guy about to sign, I wouldn't be opposed to this.

remdog
08-16-2010, 05:49 AM
Mesoraco would be OK with me as well.

Rem

Mario-Rijo
08-16-2010, 09:24 AM
Mesoraco would be OK with me as well.

Rem

For Martin, no thanks. I wouldn't even give them Hanigan for him at this point, I prefer the cheaper, better defender who is acceptable offensively, to the slightly better offensive player, lesser defender who costs more. I like Martin but not well enough to pay him much more to not be much of an upgrade if at all.

JaxRed
08-16-2010, 09:37 AM
Are we talking about the Russell Martin who is out for the year with a hip injury, and will probably have surgery in the off-season?

remdog
08-16-2010, 01:59 PM
Are we talking about the Russell Martin who is out for the year with a hip injury, and will probably have surgery in the off-season?

The one and the same. I don't see Kemp getting traded until the off-season unless the Dodgers are completely out of the race. Same with Russell Martin. I'm thinking a winter deal whereby Martin will have had surgery and some recovery time. Part of the deal would be, of course, that he pass a physical.

Martin is 2.5 years younger than Hanigan, with a bigger bat and, IMO, equal defensive value (2 All Star teams and a Gold Glove). Hannigan's value will likely never be higher than after this year; Martin's value will likely never be lower than after this year. I'd take that bet.

BTW, Happy Birthday, Ryan Hannigan (today). Welcome to the world of 30---I have a vague recollection of that year. It was pretty good. :)

Rem