http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=5462236

texasdave
08-13-2010, 09:56 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=5462236

Boohoo, Chrissy.

two-hole
08-13-2010, 09:59 PM
Umm...let me help explain.

That's his 7 year old son asking him that question.

Thanks for the opportunity to close this thread.

Kingspoint
08-13-2010, 10:00 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_Mvg9BtwYNP4/SGAzeIE3tzI/AAAAAAAAAqw/_FLZW-lIe9s/s1600/baby%2Bcrying

redlegs2370
08-13-2010, 10:10 PM
Carpenter is a tool! I hope Johnny throws up and in and fractures his arm Labor Day weekend. It would be poetic justice for Carpenter not getting suspended and Cueto getting a ridiculous amount of games.

two-hole
08-13-2010, 10:10 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_Mvg9BtwYNP4/SGAzeIE3tzI/AAAAAAAAAqw/_FLZW-lIe9s/s1600/baby%2Bcrying

That's not really a good representation. You can't see her legs flailing wildly.

redlegs2370
08-13-2010, 10:23 PM
That's not really a good representation. You can't see her legs flailing wildly.
Wait a minute flailing wildly or violently? Can the Cardinals and their fans get their facts straight. You refer to Cueto as a girl and not manly but yet you think he could get suspended for kicking people. If he is such a sissy then everything should have been forgotten because surely couldn't have done any damage to anyone because he is soft.

bornready
08-14-2010, 12:32 AM
It must be hard to tell your 7 year old son that daddy is a tool

CincyReds2003
08-14-2010, 12:47 AM
Dad..what did you say to Dusty Baker? It sounded like you said truck.

texasdave
08-14-2010, 12:52 AM
"Daddy, why do you stand at the mound and scream obscenities as loud as you can when someone gets a hit off of you? Is that the good sportsmanship you're always telling me about?"

RedsFanInBama
08-14-2010, 01:07 AM
More <female dog> talk from Carpenter.

I hope that <female dog> explained to his son that Rolen was coming after him because his daddy is a potty mouth.

two-hole
08-14-2010, 01:27 AM
In all seriousness, out of all the personalities on the Cardinals, I truly don't understand your POV on Carpenter.

Carpenter is one of the league's most fierce and toughest competitors. He's a bulldog. He's not a fly-off-the-handle hothead like Zambrano. He may get vocal and fired up, but he channels that into productive energy to pitch out of a jam.

He inspires his defense, he puts the team on his back and carries them, he pitches through pain, he keeps his teammates in line the right way. He mentors and teaches the younger players.

He's the ideal leader type. He's as hard-nosed and play-the-game-the-right-way as Rolen. Old school.

He came to Cincy and didn't like that the balls weren't roughed to MLB standards. Fine, I can see how that might equal "complaining" in your eyes. But doesn't it take more than that for a preponderence of evidence to call a guy, and his whole team, a bunch of little whiny b&%ches?

I can see if you're ripping LaRussa. Or Lopez. B.Ryan is a flake (but a damn good shortstop). Molina, maybe, from your POV seemed to be ready to go with BPhillips at any inkling of an opportunity. But Carpenter? That's like calling Pete Rose a *ussy. Mr. Charlie Hustle himself.

I seriously don't get it. 100 out of 100 of you would (should) be tripping all over yourselves to have him put on a Reds uni.

He's as good as they come, boys and girls.

RedsFanInBama
08-14-2010, 02:00 AM
He's a whiny b!tch. Period. I hate him.

And please don't ever talk about Chris Carpenter as a ballplayer and Pete Rose as a ballplayer in the same sentence. Ever.

I would also say that the way he acted the other night with Ryan was not handling it the right way. And I'm not talking about when he took him into the tunnel. I'm talking about his prick behavior on the field of play.

Elam
08-14-2010, 02:15 AM
In all seriousness, out of all the personalities on the Cardinals, I truly don't understand your POV on Carpenter.

Carpenter is one of the league's most fierce and toughest competitors. He's a bulldog. He's not a fly-off-the-handle hothead like Zambrano. He may get vocal and fired up, but he channels that into productive energy to pitch out of a jam.

He inspires his defense, he puts the team on his back and carries them, he pitches through pain, he keeps his teammates in line the right way. He mentors and teaches the younger players.

He's the ideal leader type. He's as hard-nosed and play-the-game-the-right-way as Rolen. Old school.

He came to Cincy and didn't like that the balls weren't roughed to MLB standards. Fine, I can see how that might equal "complaining" in your eyes. But doesn't it take more than that for a preponderence of evidence to call a guy, and his whole team, a bunch of little whiny b&%ches?

I can see if you're ripping LaRussa. Or Lopez. B.Ryan is a flake (but a damn good shortstop). Molina, maybe, from your POV seemed to be ready to go with BPhillips at any inkling of an opportunity. But Carpenter? That's like calling Pete Rose a *ussy. Mr. Charlie Hustle himself.

I seriously don't get it. 100 out of 100 of you would (should) be tripping all over yourselves to have him put on a Reds uni.

He's as good as they come, boys and girls.
It's not like calling Pete Rose female genitalia. Pete Rose hustled and worked harder than anyone but he has less than a good moral compass. Hell of a competitor, but he's still not the best figure to idolize based on character. Same as Carpenter. Just because he can hustle or tough it out doesn't make him a good person. Lack of character, not being a hothead is Carpenter... hell of a competitor though.

Elam
08-14-2010, 02:17 AM
Guys I tried to keep my language to a minimum there's no reason anyone else here can't as well. Makes these forums look like a bad ESPN Football forum.

urdun
08-14-2010, 03:24 AM
Guys I tried to keep my language to a minimum there's no reason anyone else here can't as well. Makes these forums look like a bad ESPN Football forum.

yeah forgot where i was for a minute there. i almost posted the same way just because.

Pujols4MVP
08-14-2010, 06:50 AM
Carpenter is a tool! I hope Johnny throws up and in and fractures his arm Labor Day weekend. It would be poetic justice for Carpenter not getting suspended and Cueto getting a ridiculous amount of games.

Redlegs, are you truly that dense, or did you not see any coverage of the whole situation. Saying its a crime that carp didn't get a suspension while cueto rightfully did is unreal. Carp didn't come an inch from quite possibly ending someones career and altering their life by flailing is legs in a cowardly act. And say what you want about cueto being fearful of his well being. Carp was in the same spot not to mention cueto was pinned by his own teammates. Please go back and watch the video and then come back and hold that stance. I

CrosleyField
08-14-2010, 07:01 AM
Jason LaRue is no longer a Red. He was certainly one of the ones pushing and shoving Cueto into and up the net.

DocRed
08-14-2010, 08:04 AM
Carp is a Dime-bag and a Liar, he said in his interview right after the game that he had no problem with what Rolen did to him, now he claims Rolen was attacking him?

Pujols4MVP
08-14-2010, 08:26 AM
Carp is a Dime-bag and a Liar, he said in his interview right after the game that he had no problem with what Rolen did to him, now he claims Rolen was attacking him?

A dime-bag and liar?! What? Laughable. How in the world did you take this out of conext? He and rolen both said their wad no I'll intent from either of them. But anyone who sees the video, especially a 7 year old boy, without an explanation can easily draw a conclusion that rolen charged carp. Was that the case? No. Please think before you post something so dense.

texasdave
08-14-2010, 09:27 AM
A dime-bag and liar?! What? Laughable. How in the world did you take this out of conext? He and rolen both said their wad no I'll intent from either of them. But anyone who sees the video, especially a 7 year old boy, without an explanation can easily draw a conclusion that rolen charged carp. Was that the case? No. Please think before you post something so dense.

Tony Larussa trying to explain what a respectful player Carpenter is:

Here's Tony La Russa explaining it all:

"Pence hits the ball out of the ballpark. Carp didn't make a good pitch. Carp doesn't say a word. He doesn't say anything to the guy that hit it. It's his mistake. Well, routinely now, hitters pop up a pitch they think they should deal with and they start making noises, and that really is disrespectful to the pitcher. Most of the pitchers just turn around and ignore it. Carp doesn't. I think Carp's right, and I think Carp's in the right. Respect should go both ways.

"If he gets you out, he gets you out. Zip it and go back to the plate. If he gives it up, you zip it and let the guy go around the bases--or single, double, whatever it was. Most pitchers let the guy jabber. I don't think Carlos Lee is anything special as far as a guy who disrespects, but it's so common now. Carp will let you know."

Yes we saw that on Monday night when the Reds got hits and scored runs on Carpenter. He just zipped it and didn't say a word. No, wait, he actually screamed obscenities at the top of his lungs.
I love the last sentence, "Carp will let you know". Yes he will.
Because he is a Grade-A jerk.

jt4prez
08-14-2010, 09:40 AM
He's a bulldog.

Whose gender is clearly defined.

He inspires his defense

While at the same time berating them.

he keeps his teammates in line the right way.

Obviously.

He's as hard-nosed and play-the-game-the-right-way as Rolen. Old school.

Since when does "old school" and "play-the-game-the-right-way" involve screaming curse words in frustration when a ball goes through the SS/3B hole? I dont recall Koufax, Seaver or Carlton ever doing it; and if they did, it certainly wasnt done with the frequency or tenacity to which it became a defining characteristic of their careers, as it has for Carpenter's.

I seriously don't get it. 100 out of 100 of you would (should) be tripping all over yourselves to have him put on a Reds uni

I can honestly say, as a Reds fan, that I want nothing to do with Carpenter ever donning a Reds uniform. While Carpenter is obviously a great pitcher, his on-field behavior leaves too much to be desired. Say what you want about Pete Rose, but he always played and represented the game the right way while on the playing field. This is something even the most ardent Cardinal fan cannot(should not) say about Carpenter.

two-hole
08-14-2010, 10:14 AM
I really feel sorry for Reds fans, then, if your limited experience watching him makes you feel the way you do.

You're truly missing out on one of the most special players in this generation.

I watch him every day. And I can tell you, you're missing it.

Joseph
08-14-2010, 10:26 AM
Play nice boys and girls. A thread of calling Carpenter names does nothing for the baseball discussion this board is supposedly all about.

Elam
08-14-2010, 11:21 AM
I really feel sorry for Reds fans, then, if your limited experience watching him makes you feel the way you do.

I guess I am missing it, but all I want to say is that Carpenter didn't need to escalate the issue and he doesn't have to be Jabberjaw about it afterwards. I think the way Rolen handled best exemplifies how things should be handled and no one's going to argue his credentials or character.

CardsFanBob
08-14-2010, 11:47 AM

Agreed completely.

If you talk or listen to any of the old Cardinals, they'll say Carp is the closest thing to Bob Gibson that's dawned a uniform in baseball, let alone the Redbird uniform.

The guy is firey. He sometimes gets a bit too animated on the field, but it's not nearly as often as you all like to think. He's certainly not in the class of a Zambrano who gestures crazily after every strike out or the end of every inning.

Carp made a mistake by yelling at Ryan in public. Keep in mind, Ryan was in the wrong. You have a Cy Young caliber pitcher ready to go, and you're dicking around and not ready to play. Carp admitted he made a mistake by doing it on live TV, but he was still in the right to get on Ryan. Carp's been with the Birds for a looong time. He's a respected leader of the clubhouse. And if he feels the need to get in a guy's ear, he's earned that right.

Now, again, you can feel however you like about Carp as a competitor on the field. You may think he's a jerk or a baby. BUt as a person, Carp is about as good as they get. He actually makes his home in St. Louis and is very active in charities and supporting local causes. I've had family members and friends run into him at grocery stores and restaurants. He always makes time to talk to fans, and he'll sign an autograph. In one instance, he picked up the tab of my mother in law's table at an expensive restaurant. He didn't even tell them; just bought their dinner and drinks as he and his wife left. Again, his game persona is far from his personal one.

cw0802
08-14-2010, 11:51 AM
I'll weigh in on this.

Yes, Carp opens his mouth a lot. Sometimes more than he should. I bet you could say the same about BP.

The rest of the article, yes i agree 100% with him that Cueto was the only one out there looking to do harm. Watch Cueto the whole video. "Jason LaRue was in the mob that pushed him against the fence"...no he wasn't. Watch the video again. LaRue was between Rolen and Carpenter. Hernandez, Gomes and Rolen were the players closest to Cueto when he went into the fence. Watch the video again. When Carpenter(dumb) opened his mouth to Baker, Cueto was on the outskirts of the group with the rest of the Reds. When Rolen went toward Carpenter, Cueto RAN around the group to get at Carpenter. Watch the video again. The next thing you have is Cueto kicking. Why did he have to kick again? He was affraid? of what? "being crushed by a mob"? A mob of his own players? Ok. Then why not kick his own players away? He kicked LaRue in the face then turned and kicked Carpenter.

I know you're seeing this through biased eyes...so am I. But this is the way i saw it.

redlegs2370
08-14-2010, 12:23 PM
Redlegs, are you truly that dense, or did you not see any coverage of the whole situation. Saying its a crime that carp didn't get a suspension while cueto rightfully did is unreal. Carp didn't come an inch from quite possibly ending someones career and altering their life by flailing is legs in a cowardly act. And say what you want about cueto being fearful of his well being. Carp was in the same spot not to mention cueto was pinned by his own teammates. Please go back and watch the video and then come back and hold that stance. I

No I'm not that dense. I'm just going by Newtwon's Law of motion that for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. Had Molina, Carpenter, and LaRue not made the actions they did then there wouldn't have been a reaction by Cueto. I'm just sick of the Cardinal manager, players, and fans thinking they do nothing wrong. When really your just a bunch of bullies. Phillips is the only one who had the guts to say what a lot of people in baseball feel. You can't even debate baseball with the Cardinal fans because most of you have blinders on and think the Cardinal way is the only way. It makes me sick!

I'm not the only one who feels this way, just listen to Lane McAlister's talk show, I'm not the only one who feels if you going to punish Cueto then you have to punish everyone who caused the chain of events. Also take a look at the text pole on the game last night. Most fans thought Cueto didn't deserve anything.

CardsFanBob
08-14-2010, 12:38 PM
Anyone who doesn't think Cueto shouldn't have been suspended for kicking one person in the face and another in the back is dellusional.

redlegs2370
08-14-2010, 12:45 PM
Anyone who doesn't think Cueto shouldn't have been suspended for kicking one person in the face and another in the back is dellusional.

We are not delusional, we didn't say he shouldn't get suspended for kicking people. We don't feel he should have been suspended if your not going to suspend the people who started the chain of events. You guys just don't get it.

If a person was in a crowded theater and they yelled "fire fire fire" and everyone rushed out to find out there was not a fire and out of excitement another person kicks the person who yelled fire and did damage to that person face. A court would punish the person who started the chain of events by yelling fire!

CardsFanBob
08-14-2010, 12:50 PM
Insanity.

Everyone got what they deserved. In fact, I still feel like Cueto should have gotten another few days.

If you start suspending people for talking **** and instigating, half of both teams could have gotten games. It starts a bad precedent.

Reverend Doo-Rag
08-14-2010, 12:55 PM
The media is at fault also. This is an old story, and reporters know that "The White Milton Bradley" is good for a few more quips.

redsrolen
08-14-2010, 12:56 PM
My biggest question on this thread is, I thought this was a sight for Reds fans? When I read what was allowed to be on the redzone, from my understanding, these Cards fans bashing our team wouldn't be tolerated! I guess I was wrong!

Elam
08-14-2010, 12:57 PM
Insanity.

Everyone got what they deserved. In fact, I still feel like Cueto should have gotten another few days.

If you start suspending people for talking **** and instigating, half of both teams could have gotten games. It starts a bad precedent.
Starts a bad precedent for maintaining order in a work environment?
A lot of people were at fault here, and more than likely more people should have gotten suspensions than they did, but per usual Carpenter is deferring the blame to someone else for situation he helped instigate as much as anyone.

Swampturkey
08-14-2010, 12:57 PM
I'm not going to get into the whole Reds/Cards fight because I'm smart enough to realize that Cards fans won't change the Reds fans minds, and Reds fans won't change the Cards fans minds as to who's fault it was. As Pujols said last night, "what happened in Cincinnati, stays in Cincinatti"

All I'm going to say is that following the 2006 Cardinals seasons, Chris Carpenter's teammates, which at the time included Scott Rolen, Jason Isringhausen, Jim Edmonds, Albert Pujols, Aaron Miles, etc. voted him the winner of the Cardinals annual Darryl Kile Award, which is given to one player each January who exemplifies Kile's virtues of being "a good teammate, a great friend, a fine father and a humble man."

Other winners have been Mike Matheny, Woody Williams, Cal Eldred, Russ Springer, Adam Wainwright and Skip Schumaker. If they didn't think he was a good person, no way would they have given him that award becuase of how much DK meant, and still means, to this organization.

Say what you want about Carp, he's not as bad as you make him out to be. I'm sure you'd say the same about Phillips and Cueto who are public enemy number 1 and 2 in St. Louis....

Elam
08-14-2010, 01:01 PM
I'm not going to get into the whole Reds/Cards fight because I'm smart enough to realize that Cards fans won't change the Reds fans minds, and Reds fans won't change the Cards fans minds as to who's fault it was. As Pujols said last night, "what happened in Cincinnati, stays in Cincinatti"

All I'm going to say is that following the 2006 Cardinals seasons, Chris Carpenter's teammates, which at the time included Scott Rolen, Jason Isringhausen, Jim Edmonds, Albert Pujols, Aaron Miles, etc. voted him the winner of the Cardinals annual Darryl Kile Award, which is given to one player each January who exemplifies Kile's virtues of being "a good teammate, a great friend, a fine father and a humble man."

Other winners have been Mike Matheny, Woody Williams, Cal Eldred, Russ Springer, Adam Wainwright and Skip Schumaker. If they didn't think he was a good person, no way would they have given him that award becuase of how much DK meant, and still means, to this organization.

Say what you want about Carp, he's not as bad as you make him out to be. I'm sure you'd say the same about Phillips and Cueto who are public enemy number 1 and 2 in St. Louis....

Fair is fair. Both sides will demonize who they want, but I'd rather see players either holding themselves responsible or not adding fuel to the fire like Pujols/Rolen are doing that but I guess we can't expect that from everyone.

Swampturkey
08-14-2010, 01:06 PM
Fair is fair. Both sides will demonize who they want, but I'd rather see players either holding themselves responsible or not adding fuel to the fire like Pujols/Rolen are doing that but I guess we can't expect that from everyone.

I totally agree,. I wish they'd all just shut up and go out and play. I'm sure it will all quiet down until the Reds come to St. Louis next month. Then it's all going to be brought back up again. Probably not so much by the players as it will be by the media.

I will admit however, that I have Cardinals season tickets so I will be at all three games of the series and I totally plan on booing Phillips and, if he starts, Cueto. I just hope it doesn't have a reverse effect and powers Phillips to hitting a homer against us and Cueto to pitching a perfect game. ;)

To even things out, I will cheer for Scott Rolen and Jim Edmonds. I've always been a fan of Rolen, and Jim Edmonds is my all-time favorite baseball player. :)

two-hole
08-14-2010, 01:31 PM
Totally agree. Why are all of these Cardinal's fans still here defending their racist prima donna pitcher?

Welcome to CardinalsZone I guess.

Prima donna?

Says the guy defending the loud mouthed 2nd baseman with a Purple Audi with Gold Glove rims.

two-hole
08-14-2010, 01:37 PM
Says the Cardinals fan defending a racist bigot on a Red's fan website. Says a lot about you.

I'm guessing someone either can't or didn't read the many many reports of exactly what Carpenter said to Dusty.

And, I'm done with you. You're just a bater anyway. You're quite good at it. Some might even call you a master.

Dawg
08-14-2010, 01:39 PM
Totally agree. Why are all of these Cardinal's fans still here defending their racist prima donna pitcher?

Welcome to CardinalsZone I guess.

And your evidence of Carp being a racist is? Oh, that's right, you don't have any real evidence. That makes you a liar.

two-hole
08-14-2010, 01:41 PM
I was there, front row. I know what I heard. Sorry I didn't have my microphone out to record the evidence.

HAHAHHAHAHA!!!

You make it real easy, buddy. Too easy.

Swampturkey
08-14-2010, 01:42 PM
I was there, front row. I know what I heard. Sorry I didn't have my microphone out to record the evidence.

There are microphones in camera's placed behind home plate. There are microphones in each of the bases. There are microphones ALL OVER the ballpark. But yet, you are the only one who heard this stuff? Not very convincing.

Dawg
08-14-2010, 01:43 PM

So you're the only person who heard it? Lol, yeah right. If he had said something he would be getting crucified in the media and by the Reds players, not just children like you.