PDA

View Full Version : Thats how you bounce back

Votto4MVP
08-14-2010, 01:06 AM
Lots of people, myself included were mad and disappointed with the results against St Louis.

However, lots of people, myself NOT included were giving up on this season saying this was a perfect example why we arent good enough to make the playoffs.

The reason I hadnt given up was because this team has shown throughout the entire year they know how to bounce back after a bad game/series/week and know how to play through adversity.

Tonight was a perfect example of this. They just got swept and beat up by their rivals and they were facing the best pitcher in baseball. What did they do? They came out and knocked around the best pitcher in baseball and beat them 7-2. This is the way you rebound after a miserable series and the reason why I think this team still makes the playoffs.

BGwilly and folks, feel free to hate and say why we still wont make the playoffs and what not, but honestly I dont care what you think.

knoonan991
08-14-2010, 01:22 AM
Lots of people, myself included were mad and disappointed with the results against St Louis.

However, lots of people, myself NOT included were giving up on this season saying this was a perfect example why we arent good enough to make the playoffs.

The reason I hadnt given up was because this team has shown throughout the entire year they know how to bounce back after a bad game/series/week and know how to play through adversity.

Tonight was a perfect example of this. They just got swept and beat up by their rivals and they were facing the best pitcher in baseball. What did they do? They came out and knocked around the best pitcher in baseball and beat them 7-2. This is the way you rebound after a miserable series and the reason why I think this team still makes the playoffs.

BGwilly and folks, feel free to hate and say why we still wont make the playoffs and what not, but honestly I dont care what you think.

Yep I completely agree, the resiliency that this team has shown has given me all I need to continue to have faith in a potential playoff birth.

This team doesn't quit. They do however need to learn how to play when they are in the spotlight, but that's something that every young team struggles with. I think the Reds will be just fine down the stretch.

ThornWithin81
08-14-2010, 01:27 AM
I thought it was ridiculous to see people talking about being out of the race following the sweep.

Yep, still ridiculous. We bounce back. It is what we do in 2010. See Atlanta, see Philly, see tonight.

two-hole
08-14-2010, 02:35 AM
You're right. I had hoped for meltdown, and instead you guys put on your spikes and came to play. Tough team.

However, you're wrong about one thing. Josh Johnson is the 2nd best pitcher in the league.

1990REDS
08-14-2010, 10:10 AM
You're right. I had hoped for meltdown, and instead you guys put on your spikes and came to play. Tough team.

However, you're wrong about one thing. Josh Johnson is the 2nd best pitcher in the league.

ya we forgot about Jimenez.:D