PDA

View Full Version : Carlos Zambrano fan for a day

texasdave
08-14-2010, 12:56 AM
I can't believe I have to root for Carlos Zambrano tomorrow. Is there any way possible that both teams could lose?

rolenmvp
08-14-2010, 01:05 AM
what time is the game tomorrow?

Dawg
08-14-2010, 01:39 AM
2:10 Central time

rolenmvp
08-14-2010, 01:42 AM
btw giants lost guys, figured you all knew. we are a half game out of the wildcard. where is some of you who gave up on the season?? we are still here, and in this race. OFF to bed, big day of baseball tomorrow. night guys!!!

snowstorm
08-14-2010, 10:03 AM
I hate what a hot head Zambrano is, but against the Cards he will be my favorite player!

Quatitos
08-14-2010, 10:53 AM
You can always cheer for him to get a complete game shutout then have some outburst at the end that gets him suspended until the next time he faces the cards. I think that might count as both losing?

arkimadee
08-14-2010, 12:35 PM
i will cheer for the Reds to get a wildcard spot before I EVER cheer for Carlos Zambrano and the Cubs.. I wish the game could in 0-0 tie in the 21st inning

Swampturkey
08-14-2010, 01:18 PM
i will cheer for the Reds to get a wildcard spot before I EVER cheer for Carlos Zambrano and the Cubs.. I wish the game could in 0-0 tie in the 21st inning

ha! no thanks. We already did a 0-0 18 innings game (ended in 20 with a 2-1 score). While it got entertaining after the 15th, it was kinda boring for a long time.

What's a Reds fan to do...one one hand, you need the Cardinals to lose, and you hate Chris Carpenter who is making the start. On the other hand, you hate Zambrano and you don't want him to get the win. Tough situation for you guys. ;)

I had the same problem the entire series the Cubs and Reds played. There is not one single player on the Cubs team that I like (and Cubs have always and will always be our number one arch rival), while the Reds have many that I love (Rolen, Springer, Cairo, Izzy and now Edmonds), but I wanted the Reds to lose to help out my Cardinals. I just ignored the games until they were over so I didn't have to put myself through rooting for either team.

arkimadee
08-14-2010, 03:00 PM
why are you even here? i'm sure there are a thousand cardinals message boards. do you have anything better to do than come on here and write a novel about a simple Carlos Zambrano comment.

AintlifeGrande
08-14-2010, 04:11 PM
There are no NL boards worth a dirt.Reds Zone is the best.Most teams boards are run by the local rag in the town,and they have every miscreant posting alot of jibberish.Much like here certain times(;).

The average baseball board,''you suck,this team stinks,your an idiot,''.You get the jist.

knoonan991
08-14-2010, 04:31 PM
Basic math:

Carpenter hatred > Zambrano hatred.

It's an easy call for me.

Go Cubs.

Seņor Rojo
08-14-2010, 05:41 PM
Zambrano always makes things interesting. He's a fun player to watch both on and off the field, you never know what crazy stunt he's going to pull next. I would love to see him and Ozzie Guillen on the same team in a parallel universe. Anyway, he's doing very well so far today, which is great for us. Carpenter is off. Makes me wonder if Phillips got in his head ( we know Cueto got in his back).

Maker_84
08-14-2010, 06:00 PM
I hate st louis right now more than the Yankees and Indians. So ya i'll cheer for anything against them

redlegs2370
08-14-2010, 10:30 PM
Hey Chicago what do you say? The Cubs are going to Win today!

I hate that song but it is music to my ears today!

rolenmvp
08-14-2010, 10:31 PM
btw if some of you are wondering chris dickerson is playing for milwaukee tonight and he just hit a triple down the line, he is doing it all for the brewers tonight.

redlegs2370
08-14-2010, 10:44 PM
btw if some of you are wondering chris dickerson is playing for milwaukee tonight and he just hit a triple down the line, he is doing it all for the brewers tonight.

I was afraid of that, I really don't want to see him in the lineup when the Reds play the Brewers. I think he will have huge games against the Reds. Hopefully the Reds will be able to score enough runs to offset it.

Swampturkey
08-15-2010, 11:26 AM
why are you even here? i'm sure there are a thousand cardinals message boards. do you have anything better to do than come on here and write a novel about a simple Carlos Zambrano comment.

I'm here because I love baseball. I'm here because I am interested in the Cardinals/Reds division race.

I am not a troll. If you notice, I registered at this site 10 years ago and I have over 300 posts. I've lurked for years and have NEVER bashed any of your players, fans, or team.

I believe one of your admins posted the other day that fans of other teams are welcome here as long as they do not flame. Well, I do not flame.

And there are a thousand Cardinals message boards. I post at them too. I've also posted at Phillies, Cubs and Astros boards. Why? Because I love to talk baseball.

Swampturkey
08-15-2010, 11:29 AM
Zambrano always makes things interesting. He's a fun player to watch both on and off the field, you never know what crazy stunt he's going to pull next. I would love to see him and Ozzie Guillen on the same team in a parallel universe. Anyway, he's doing very well so far today, which is great for us. Carpenter is off. Makes me wonder if Phillips got in his head ( we know Cueto got in his back).

I don't think it was anything to do with Phillips. Carp's command was off early. He settled down later in the day, but it was already too late as Zambrano was better (as much as that pains me to say as he is one of my least favorite players of all time). Carpenter insists that the bruises he suffered in the brawl had nothing to do with his poor performance yesterday. He just did not execute his pitches very well.