PDA

View Full Version : Here is the numbers for the Reds and the Cards for the remaining games and what their

rolenmvp
08-14-2010, 03:53 PM
records are against the teams left to play.

Reds:
Fla 3-2 with 2 games left
Arz 0-0 with 7 games left
LA 3-3 with 3 games left
SF 2-2 with 3 games left
Mil 4-1 with 9 games left
Stl 5-10 with 3 games left
Col 2-1 with 4 games left
Pit 8-5 with 3 games left
Hou 7-2 with 6 games left
SD 1-2 with 3 games left

The Reds are 35-28 against their remaining opponents

Cards:
Chi 4-3 with 8 games left
Mil 6-4 with 5 games left
SF 1-2 with 3 games left
Pit 5-1 with 9 games left
Was 2-0 with 4 games left
Hou 5-7 with 3 games left
Cin 10-5 with 3 games left
Atl 4-0 with 4 games left
SD 1-2 with 4 games left
Col 0-3 with 4 games left

The Cards are 38-27 against their remaining opponents

Reds vs remaining schedule .556
Cards vs remaining schedule .585

Reds vs potential playoff teams on remaining schedule .364
Cards vs potential playoff teams on remaining schedule .640

The reds are going to need a few things to happen. I think they will win enough games to reach the playoffs. What I mean by that is, I dont think they will beat themselves.

First they need the Cubs to win at least another game in this series. They need Houston to somehow continue to have the number of the cards and they need SF,SD, and ATL to be in a tight playoff race.

The Reds can win this division. They just need a whole lot of help from a handful of teams.

Trace's Daddy
08-14-2010, 03:59 PM
Good info there. Thanks for posting.

We've got to take care of business in St. Louis

rolenmvp
08-14-2010, 04:04 PM
the big thing there is that we have almost 9 games left with milwaukee, we have done pretty good against them but the thing I dread is that westcoast roadtrip coming up, it will be interesting to see how our young club reacts to it.

1990REDS
08-14-2010, 04:20 PM
records are against the teams left to play.

Reds:
Fla 3-2 with 2 games left
Arz 0-0 with 7 games left
LA 3-3 with 3 games left
SF 2-2 with 3 games left
Mil 4-1 with 9 games left
Stl 5-10 with 3 games left
Col 2-1 with 4 games left
Pit 8-5 with 3 games left
Hou 7-2 with 6 games left
SD 1-2 with 3 games left

The Reds are 35-28 against their remaining opponents

Cards:
Chi 4-3 with 8 games left
Mil 6-4 with 5 games left
SF 1-2 with 3 games left
Pit 5-1 with 9 games left
Was 2-0 with 4 games left
Hou 5-7 with 3 games left
Cin 10-5 with 3 games left
Atl 4-0 with 4 games left
SD 1-2 with 4 games left
Col 0-3 with 4 games left

The Cards are 38-27 against their remaining opponents

Reds vs remaining schedule .556
Cards vs remaining schedule .585

Reds vs potential playoff teams on remaining schedule .364
Cards vs potential playoff teams on remaining schedule .640

The reds are going to need a few things to happen. I think they will win enough games to reach the playoffs. What I mean by that is, I dont think they will beat themselves.

First they need the Cubs to win at least another game in this series. They need Houston to somehow continue to have the number of the cards and they need SF,SD, and ATL to be in a tight playoff race.

The Reds can win this division. They just need a whole lot of help from a handful of teams.

17 games left with cubs and pirates, and no west coast games. not good news for us.

malcontent
08-14-2010, 04:37 PM
the big thing there is that we have almost 9 games left with milwaukee, we have done pretty good against them but the thing I dread is that westcoast roadtrip coming up, it will be interesting to see how our young club reacts to it.
Gotta hope CD doesn't take revenge on us in those Milwaukee series.

It'd be like 1999 revisited.

rolenmvp
08-14-2010, 04:40 PM
I remember that game in milwaukee in 1999, all we had to do is win 2 games or 1, would't sure. but, I remember staying around waiting on that rain delay and us screwing it up..ohh I was soo upset. all we had to do was win.

bshall2105
08-14-2010, 05:15 PM
Gotta hope CD doesn't take revenge on us in those Milwaukee series.

It'd be like 1999 revisited.

Dickerson should be thanking us for trading him. He was never going to be able to start in Cincy.

lidspinner
08-14-2010, 05:18 PM
Dickerson should be thanking us for trading him. He was never going to be able to start in Cincy.

true....but I see him having a bit of a chip on his shoulder and wanting to prove a little something to the Reds brass,....and I think he will do just that. CD would have been a great addition to Gomes in the OF.....he is fast, great defense, can hit leadoff if need be.....I could go on and on but this thread will get off track.....lets just say I am a CD fan but I hope he fails when we play him.

Swampturkey
08-15-2010, 12:36 PM
17 games left with cubs and pirates, and no west coast games. not good news for us.

The scedule is so screwed up. This is the first series in which the cubs have been to Busch and it's the middle of August! Very little against the Pirates as well. Plus the Cards had an off day Thursday, have one tomorrow, and another one this coming Thursday...during a homestand.

Defacto
08-15-2010, 02:55 PM
Looks like we have ourselves a good ol' fashion pennant race. One team can't go on a 5 game losing streak.

HARP3R
08-15-2010, 09:37 PM

The Pirates may be a problem for you guys, but certainly not the Cubs.

For whatever reason, the Cubbies play like frickin' all-stars against the Cardinals. That rivalry completely negates any discrepancy in talent when those two face off. The Cubs could field their AAA team from Iowa against the Cards and still win 2 of 3. If the Cardinals could play .500 ball against the Cubs, that'd be what we expected coming into the season.

Vottomatic
08-15-2010, 09:52 PM
The Pirates may be a problem for you guys, but certainly not the Cubs.

For whatever reason, the Cubbies play like frickin' all-stars against the Cardinals. That rivalry completely negates any discrepancy in talent when those two face off. The Cubs could field their AAA team from Iowa against the Cards and still win 2 of 3. If the Cardinals could play .500 ball against the Cubs, that'd be what we expected coming into the season.

It's a matchup thing. Look at the Cubs batting averages against the Cardinals best pitchers, and you'll see some pretty good numbers.

Just one of those things.

Every great pitcher has some hitters that they just don't do as well against. Unfortunately, alot of the Cubs roster seems to fill that bill.

HARP3R
08-15-2010, 10:12 PM
It's a matchup thing. Look at the Cubs batting averages against the Cardinals best pitchers, and you'll see some pretty good numbers.

Just one of those things.

Every great pitcher has some hitters that they just don't do as well against. Unfortunately, alot of the Cubs roster seems to fill that bill.

It's always been that way. I'm not sure the Cardinals have really ever had a pitcher that did very well against the Cubs.

It actually seems like the Cubs ONLY sign FA that do well against the Cards, and don't really worry about how the players do against everyone else. :D