PDA

View Full Version : Roster moves?

UPRedsFan
08-15-2010, 02:37 PM
I'd love to have lunch with WJ and ask him what he plans to do.

You've got Harang rehabing

You've got Wood to bring up

Homer seems to be on his game. Leake turned it around last night. So that's 7 starting pitchers (Arroyo, Volquez, Cueto, Leake, Wood, Bailey, Harang)

You've got Cabrera coming off the DL soon. Who goes when he's ready?

Does Chapman fit in before Sept 1?

I'd say Harang stays in AAA unless or until someone gets hurt. Leake goes to the long man and Fisher gets sent down.

Chapman comes up for Sept. only. They won't put him on the playoff roster.

Can't figure out how they get Cabrera back unless Heisey is sent down or Nix/Gomes are traded. Thoughts on Cabrera?

Moosie52
08-15-2010, 03:27 PM
There is no point making moves until it's necessary. Someone else could get hurt by then.

lidspinner
08-15-2010, 03:43 PM
I agree with everything but Chapman....no way does he not get on the playoff roster. However, I dont see how they can get him on it at this point in time, but you dont leave talent like that at home....even if he is not needed but once a game for 1 batter....he brings alot to the table other than the ability to get batters out....he brings Randy Johnson fear and David Prices playoff success of not being recognized by the other team......

I could be way off base here and Chapman may not even be in Walts plans for the playoffs, but Chapman could be that single piece of the puzzle to help push this pen over the top once we get to the last few weeks of baseball and the playoffs.....

I do see the issue of not knowing who goes down....I would hate to be Walt right now...but thats why he gets big bucks./

UPRedsFan
08-15-2010, 04:24 PM
If they thought Chapman would be that useful in the playoffs they'd have him on the big club now wouldn't they? I gave up on that idea when they didn't bring him up for the Cardinals series. If it was my decision to make I'd have brought him up already to see how he does

UPRedsFan
08-15-2010, 04:25 PM
How many are allowed for playoff rosters? Is it still 25 or does it expand?

Maker_84
08-15-2010, 04:30 PM
Leake should be gone, with Wood replacing him

UPRedsFan
08-15-2010, 04:38 PM
Harang for backup closer!!!

Who would you rather have close out a 1 run lead in the 9th against Atlanta in game 7. Cordero or healthy Aaron Harang?

BEETTLEBUG
08-15-2010, 06:05 PM
NEITHER

zacharync
08-15-2010, 06:42 PM
How many are allowed for playoff rosters? Is it still 25 or does it expand?

It's 25 and needs to be set by Sept. 1 I believe.