PDA

View Full Version : Welcome Back Homer Bailey!

Maker_84
08-15-2010, 04:20 PM
it's good to be able to bring him back to replace Leake and have him pitch well

redlegs2370
08-15-2010, 04:29 PM
That was a shot in the arm for this team! His stuff looked electric today!

You knew it was going to be a struggle (Sunday lineups haven't scored many runs this season) and then to have Votto bat taken away in the first inning the Reds were going to have to keep the Marlins from scoring to have a chance to win this game. Homer definitely did, along with the back end of the bullpen.

Eric the Red
08-15-2010, 06:10 PM
Great effort by Homer. He pitched really well last year in August and September so hopefully that will be repeated again this year.

cincysportsfan
08-15-2010, 06:19 PM
Great outing by Bailey today. Interesting to see what the Reds will do with the starting pitching situation.

mlh1981
08-15-2010, 06:22 PM
This just goes to show how deep our pitching is. He is a top notch prospect, finishes off last year in strong fashion, and while he has had his struggles this year, dominated today.

Despite all that, because of our depth, nothing is guaranteed for him in the weeks to come.

Kingspoint
08-15-2010, 06:34 PM
The strength of this team (starting pitching depth) continues to show itself.

aubashbrother
08-15-2010, 06:35 PM
"Homer's got ace potential stuff," Uggla said. "When he's on, he's tough to hit."

zacharync
08-15-2010, 06:36 PM
I don't see Leake making many more starts this season.... thoughts?

ezluke
08-15-2010, 07:47 PM
I don't see Leake making many more starts this season.... thoughts?

He has too if don't wanna go thru this all over again next season. He has to be stretched out. All that this has shown me is that he needs to be on a regular schedule, he can't skip starts and be successful. He needs to start regularly until he nears the limit and then moved to the bullpen to finish it off.

CWRed
08-15-2010, 08:19 PM
He has too if don't wanna go thru this all over again next season. He has to be stretched out. All that this has shown me is that he needs to be on a regular schedule, he can't skip starts and be successful. He needs to start regularly until he nears the limit and then moved to the bullpen to finish it off.

This.