PDA

View Full Version : More compliments for Homer

kearns and dunn
08-15-2010, 07:10 PM
Didn't see this posted anywhere, sorry if I missed it....Players keep on complimenting Homer, Pujols for example, maybe we should be just a little more patient with him.

“You’re not going to be too successful without getting hits with runners in scoring position,” said Dan Uggla(notes), who singled twice. “Homer Bailey has ace-potential stuff. When he’s on like he was today, he’s tough to hit.”

mckbearcat48
08-16-2010, 01:22 PM
Homer's got lights-out stuff when he's on.

GIDP
08-16-2010, 01:24 PM
when Homer is on it seems like nothing is every really hit too hard off him. He also has problems putting away batters when he gets ahead in the count.

DocRed
08-16-2010, 01:25 PM
What did Pujols say?

mckbearcat48
08-16-2010, 02:08 PM
Pujols said Bailey had really good stuff. Coming from him, that's a pretty solid compliment. Sorry I didn't grab the quote. I think Albert knows a little about hitting.

UPRedsFan
08-16-2010, 04:54 PM
If Bailey and Volquez continue to harness their stuff we will end debates about the need to go out and get a #1 starter to match other teams in the playoffs.

These 2 guys clearly have the ability to be shutdown #1 starters. So glad we didn't trade Homer.

AintlifeGrande
08-16-2010, 04:57 PM
Pujols said Bailey had really good stuff. Coming from him, that's a pretty solid compliment. Sorry I didn't grab the quote. I think Albert knows a little about hitting.

Pujols has been talking about Homer for years.

AintlifeGrande
08-16-2010, 05:00 PM
And it will be highway robbery on Dusty and Walt after seeing Homer deal,that they even think twice about putting him in the pen.

Krawhitham
08-16-2010, 05:14 PM
batters averaged 5 pitches per AB VS Homer yesterday. He needs something to put hitters away. He finds that pitch and he can be a high end #1 pitcher, assuming he can stay consistent

Brett Gardner leads baseball in pitches seen per AB with 4.62

Krawhitham
08-16-2010, 05:16 PM
If Bailey and Volquez continue to harness their stuff we will end debates about the need to go out and get a #1 starter to match other teams in the playoffs.

These 2 guys clearly have the ability to be shutdown #1 starters. So glad we didn't trade Homer.

unless they can both get their pitch counts down neither have shutdown #1 starter stuff, your #1 needs to pitch past the 6th inning

aubashbrother
08-16-2010, 05:24 PM
Heres the one from Albert

A few days ago, Pujols spoke with Chris Liss and Jeff Erickson during a radio segment on RotoWire Fantasy Sports Today. Here's a link to the interview. These were Albert's comments when Liss asked him to name an under-the-radar pitcher who impressed him (which is an awesome question, by the way):

"A guy that's really good, I think, is Homer Bailey from Cincinnati. He's got good stuff. For a young kid like he is, when he puts his stuff together, I mean, he's going to be amazing. That guy has a real live arm — good split, good curveball — and he keeps the ball down. For being in that park in Cincinnati, it's amazing."

http://sports.yahoo.com/fantasy/blog/roto_arcade/post/Albert-Pujols-on-Homer-Bailey-He-s-going-to-be?urn=fantasy-241119

Griffey012
08-16-2010, 05:45 PM
I was very surprised and glad to see Homer pitch well against FLA. I have not been very high on him after watching his many failed attempts in the big leagues, but he does have the stuff...and it would be HUGE if he put it together for us this season.