PDA

View Full Version : Cincinnati @ Arizona 8-18

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

Griffey012
08-19-2010, 09:19 AM
I CANNOT wait for the game tonight now, lets keep on keepin on.

TheBigLebowski
08-19-2010, 01:49 PM
The reds were down 2 runs in the 6th inning and you and others were giving up...

Have you watched any reds games this year? We have what, like 35 come from behind victories?

Oh wait, we did it again and won! This team is 18 games over .500 and there are a lot of you here that all you do is complain about the way dusty handles this or that and give up on games in the 6th inning. Its ridiculous.

Dude, I enjoyed last night's win as much as you did. I promise you that. And by referencing your post count, I was not trying to label you as some sort of "noob" or whatever the hell internet nerds call it...I was simply pointing out that it's not a really a good idea to start telling people who have been established at a site such as this for years (10+ in my case) to "get a grip." I may be different from you, but I participate on sites like these because I enjoy the people I participate with. Every good internet website needs a heel or two, and I assure you we have our allotment. If it is not your desire to be one of those, just post, have fun, and don't start fights with people, even if they post stuff that you feel may be absurd. As for me, for future warning, I tend to get a little negative when we struggle. It's a personality flaw I have yet to conquer.

You seem like a good guy, so I am sure we will have no problem getting along. Welcome.

Votto4MVP
08-19-2010, 03:23 PM
Dude, I enjoyed last night's win as much as you did. I promise you that. And by referencing your post count, I was not trying to label you as some sort of "noob" or whatever the hell internet nerds call it...I was simply pointing out that it's not a really a good idea to start telling people who have been established at a site such as this for years (10+ in my case) to "get a grip." I may be different from you, but I participate on sites like these because I enjoy the people I participate with. Every good internet website needs a heel or two, and I assure you we have our allotment. If it is not your desire to be one of those, just post, have fun, and don't start fights with people, even if they post stuff that you feel may be absurd. As for me, for future warning, I tend to get a little negative when we struggle. It's a personality flaw I have yet to conquer.

You seem like a good guy, so I am sure we will have no problem getting along. Welcome.

I guess you are right...not my job to tell you how to root for your team.

Just think its a little crazy that a lot of people seem to give up when we have come from behind so many times, but maybe its reverse psychology or maybe it just even gets your more excited when we do come back since you were so sure its a loss...guess that makes sense.

Carry on...

Vottomatic
08-19-2010, 06:41 PM
I guess you are right...not my job to tell you how to root for your team.

Just think its a little crazy that a lot of people seem to give up when we have come from behind so many times, but maybe its reverse psychology or maybe it just even gets your more excited when we do come back since you were so sure its a loss...guess that makes sense.

Carry on...

I referenced your post count during the game. I apologize, but it sometimes it gets under my nerves when new posters start telling everyone how to feel or be. I haven't been here as long as Lebowski, but I've been here long enough.

I also have a short temper when it comes to trolls or posters from other teams. It tends to get me banned because I have zero tolerance for them, because most of them are just here to gloat in our misery.......i.e. Cardinals fans last week.

Just learn that some people are even-keeled, and others carry their emotions on their arms and let you know by the minute. People often say things to blow off steam or out of frustration, that they would take back if they could.

We're all Reds fans here and probably the one rule I would suggest to everyone is to not talk down to anyone or act like a know-it-all.

Alot of my posts are meant to lighten things up and come from a humor standpoint, whether you think they're funny or not. I just find humor in most things. Life is too short.

Welcome to the board.