PDA

View Full Version : OK, I admit it!!

KOBasinger
08-19-2010, 08:34 AM
I went to sleep last night after the D-Backs went up 7-3 .

I only did because I had to get up in the morning for work. I woke up in the middle of the night around 20 minutes after the game ended. Checked the score and couldn't believe it! I was glad that they came back but felt stupid for going to bed. Anybody else turn the game off last night so I don't feel as bad??

Sorry everyone!!

Girevik
08-19-2010, 08:41 AM
Heck....I went to bed at 3-3. I didn't even realize there was a comeback to be missed. I woke up and checked the score and thought "wow...that's a lot of runs". Wasn't until I was listening to the radio on the way that I learned about the comeback.

improbus
08-19-2010, 08:49 AM
Heck....I went to bed at 3-3. I didn't even realize there was a comeback to be missed. I woke up and checked the score and thought "wow...that's a lot of runs". Wasn't until I was listening to the radio on the way that I learned about the comeback.

I fell asleep on the couch at 3-3. I didn't even know that they went down until I read this post. This team is amazing.

Trace's Daddy
08-19-2010, 08:53 AM
To watch the Sportscenter recap, one would get the impression that it was just a regular old game - they didn't present it as a comeback win. I guess they wanted to rush back to the Favre drama.

redsrolen
08-19-2010, 09:11 AM
I said goodnight to everyone on the game thread, and a few minutes, I was back on until the end. This team is simply amazing! I love this team!!!!

BuckWild03
08-19-2010, 11:16 AM
I was real close to calling it a night at 7-3 but then my over optimistic self kicked in and I grabbed another beer and then another. I was not disappointed!

Cant Touch This
08-19-2010, 11:44 AM
To watch the Sportscenter recap, one would get the impression that it was just a regular old game - they didn't present it as a comeback win. I guess they wanted to rush back to the Favre drama.

That's why the MLB Network is far superior. I haven't tuned into ESPN since the LeBron debacle. They are dead to me.

mlh1981
08-19-2010, 12:05 PM
Real Fans Don't Go To Bed.

(yeah, that deserved all caps)

arkimadee
08-19-2010, 12:19 PM
i work 2nd shift.. west coast games are perfect for me.. im just warming up when they come on around 10pm

adampad
08-19-2010, 12:33 PM
I was so close to turning it off after that last Arizona homer that put them up by 4. SO GLAD I didn't. They broke out the whoopin sticks after that.

That game has gotten me REALLY excited about the rest of the season. I think they will play with more confidence and swagger than ever. That Cardinals series, you could just tell they where tight and pressing. I have waiting for something to finally knock the Reds out of the running all year, but it's not going to happen! They are such a balanced team and they have got so much depth that even Dusty can't screw it up too bad. Cordero still terrifies me and I fear could be the death of us if we do make the playoffs. It's GREAT to worry about what might happen in the playoffs!

It's awesome to see Janish tearing it up and Bruce coming around (could Edmonds really be the big factor for Bruce?).

mroby85
08-19-2010, 01:03 PM

I went to bed frustrated after Jordan Smith gave up the 2 run hr to make it 7-3. fortunately, I have a tv in my room :)

Girevik
08-19-2010, 01:38 PM
Does this game make up for one of those 6-run meltdowns they've had this season?

sivman17
08-19-2010, 01:40 PM
Stayed up and watched the whole thing. Helps to be on summer vacation.

1990REDS
08-19-2010, 04:46 PM
it was 3-1 good guys when i went to bed. i actually had a really good nights sleep thinking we had easily won the game.

KOBasinger
08-19-2010, 05:07 PM

child please;)

foxfire123
08-19-2010, 08:04 PM

Some of us have to. :( My old bod can't handle late nights and early shifts like it used to! lol!