PDA

View Full Version : Cards announcer gets DUI after celebrating Feliz trade

arkimadee
08-20-2010, 03:58 PM
Could be one of my favorite mugshots.. He is either a cross eyed man or really messed up!! He might have been out celebrating the Feliz trade!!!

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/baseball/professional/article_b67270f9-e8b4-59a7-9f0a-6cee62b06c75.html

arkimadee
08-20-2010, 04:03 PM
scratch that.. it happened Monday.. maybe just depressed about Derrick Lee beating them over the weekend

Reds
08-20-2010, 04:06 PM
Trashy story. Hopefully he realizes his mistake, and that he was lucky not to have hurt anyone.

AintlifeGrande
08-20-2010, 04:11 PM
Too bad Al wasn't with him.

scott91575
08-20-2010, 04:15 PM
They should start drinking before the games. That might liven up the most boring announcers in all of baseball. Those guys make Paul Keels look like a speed freak.

Hey Meat
08-20-2010, 04:24 PM
I guess Tony didn't want to be the Designated Driver.

zacharync
08-20-2010, 05:08 PM
Not cool. Glad nobody was hurt.

Kingspoint
08-20-2010, 05:10 PM
Could be one of my favorite mugshots.. He is either a cross eyed man or really messed up!! He might have been out celebrating the Feliz trade!!!

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/baseball/professional/article_b67270f9-e8b4-59a7-9f0a-6cee62b06c75.html

:D

That dude's messed up.

Defacto
08-20-2010, 07:05 PM
He isn't announcing this weekend, probably because of the DUI.

Vottomatic
08-20-2010, 07:18 PM
I guess Tony didn't want to be the Designated Driver.

This guy took the fall. Carpenter was probably the real driver, but slipped out when the cops weren't looking. :D

1990REDS
08-20-2010, 07:44 PM
This guy took the fall. Carpenter was probably the real driver, but slipped out when the cops weren't looking. :D

i heard that when he got pulled over the cop was actually gonna let him go! But right before the cop pulled away carpenter came out of the bushes and started screaming obsentitys(sp) at the cop. All hell proceded to break loose, the broadcastor got arrested and charged with DUI. carpenter was not punished for the incident.;)

DocRed
08-20-2010, 08:57 PM
I know he probably won't but jerks like this need to do jail time.

jules2
08-20-2010, 09:36 PM
A couple radio djs around here (STL) thought it was interesting the story just broke considering when it happened. Not cool. Not cool with TLR, Freese, etc.......... Not to mention Josh Hancock.

MikeThierry
08-21-2010, 02:41 AM
Well, watching this Cards team play and their ineptness at scoring a simple run with the bases loaded will cause you to heavily drink if you are a Cards fan. I had a couple of shots tonight of the good ole Grey Goose.

Swampturkey
08-21-2010, 05:14 PM
Never will understand why anyone thinks this is funny. It was stupid and reckless. He should be at best, suspended. He has four YOUNG kids at home. He could have killed someone or himself, leaving those children without a father.

btw, while I'm sure all of the Reds players and broadcaster are saints and do no wrong, I hope they stay that way because drinking and driving is not funny.

arkimadee
08-21-2010, 05:22 PM
Never will understand why anyone thinks this is funny. It was stupid and reckless. He should be at best, suspended. He has four YOUNG kids at home. He could have killed someone or himself, leaving those children without a father.

btw, while I'm sure all of the Reds players and broadcaster are saints and do no wrong, I hope they stay that way because drinking and driving is not funny.
No I don't condone drinking and driving. I do have a sense of humor and I do enjoy a good mugshot though. If it were a Reds announcer I'm sure I would have given him just as much hell. Just so I'm being fair, I will post my favorite Reds mugshot of all time. Maybe if your Cards would start winning it would put you in a better mood and you would laugh more about this kind of stuff.

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0dbNgKL1i3dQj/340x.jpg

Defacto
08-21-2010, 07:31 PM
The DUI was on Monday, not Friday, so it was before the trade.

Swampturkey
08-21-2010, 11:40 PM
No I don't condone drinking and driving. I do have a sense of humor and I do enjoy a good mugshot though. If it were a Reds announcer I'm sure I would have given him just as much hell. Just so I'm being fair, I will post my favorite Reds mugshot of all time. Maybe if your Cards would start winning it would put you in a better mood and you would laugh more about this kind of stuff.

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0dbNgKL1i3dQj/340x.jpg

Actually, I wasn't in a bad mood. I just don't happen to think that anything about drinking or driving, including the mugshot, is funny. It was only 3 years ago that we lost a player to drunk driving incident. I think it's rediculous and stupid that Dan McLaughlin didn't learn from that and didn't see what the players went through because of that. McLaughlin has been with the Cardinals broadcast team for many, many, years. I don't want anyone to have to go through the death of someone they care about, especially in such a careless way, especially a group who has already dealt with it once.

10xWSChamps
08-22-2010, 03:35 PM
It will be interesting to hear what he has to say when he gets back in the booth against the Pirates.

I agree with whoever said that it's unbelievable that he has four young kids at home and yet he's out drinking and driving and was apparently drunk enough that fellow motorists called it in. I can't imagine that this was a situation where he would've blown a .083 or something.

arkimadee
08-22-2010, 09:40 PM
Actually, I wasn't in a bad mood. I just don't happen to think that anything about drinking or driving, including the mugshot, is funny. It was only 3 years ago that we lost a player to drunk driving incident. I think it's rediculous and stupid that Dan McLaughlin didn't learn from that and didn't see what the players went through because of that. McLaughlin has been with the Cardinals broadcast team for many, many, years. I don't want anyone to have to go through the death of someone they care about, especially in such a careless way, especially a group who has already dealt with it once.
good point.. i forgot about Hancock.. my apologies

Kingspoint
08-22-2010, 10:52 PM
Celebrity mugshots are funny. There's no getting around that.

BAKER12
08-22-2010, 11:18 PM
I am sure Brandon Phillips was the culprit. Everything the guys from St. Louise do wrong is becasue of Brandon. I'm not sure what is more fun, winning the division or watching the Cards self destruct?

arkimadee
08-23-2010, 01:04 AM
I am sure Brandon Phillips was the culprit. Everything the guys from St. Louise do wrong is becasue of Brandon. I'm not sure what is more fun, winning the division or watching the Cards self destruct?
they've won 2 in a row.. they are not gonna self destruct.. they are too good.. they will be in this until the end

Swampturkey
08-23-2010, 10:20 AM

They had a rough patch, yes, but they haven't exactly self destructed the way teams like the Dodgers and Giants have. The Cardinals lost a bunch close games in that stretch and one was because of Lopez defense. The defense problem has been fixed and it improves the team.

Garcia definatly did not look like he was self destructing yesterday either. Same with Carpenter and Wainwright.

And the only thing we give Phillips CREDIT for is giving the Cardinals extra motivation while in Cincy. I ignore him the rest of the time.