PDA

View Full Version : "Sundeck" as a verb.

LeDoux
08-20-2010, 09:38 PM
Let’s face it - the Sundeck has a reputation for containing some less-than-spectacular communications. Why not have fun with that reputation and use “sundeck” as an action word? The problem is that it could have several meanings.

What does it to mean to “sundeck” and/or to get “sundecked?”

A. Be devoid of empathy/a complete disregard for the humanity of others.
B. Grossly over-react/Panic over insignificant events.
C. Ignorance/State unsupported opinions strongly.
D. All the above simultaneously.
E. Other (please specify)

I look forward to reading your input.

texasdave
08-20-2010, 10:05 PM
The Giants are sundecking the Cardinals tonight.

Boston Red
08-20-2010, 11:36 PM
I think it's better as an adjective.

The Cards SunDeck.

LeDoux
08-21-2010, 12:34 AM
So thats two votes for sundeck as innuendo?

Brisco
08-21-2010, 01:19 AM
Let’s face it - the Sundeck has a reputation for containing some less-than-spectacular communications. Why not have fun with that reputation and use “sundeck” as an action word? The problem is that it could have several meanings.

What does it to mean to “sundeck” and/or to get “sundecked?”

A. Be devoid of empathy/a complete disregard for the humanity of others.
B. Grossly over-react/Panic over insignificant events.
C. Ignorance/State unsupported opinions strongly.
D. All the above simultaneously.
E. Other (please specify)

I look forward to reading your input.

I vote for B... it's seems to be the most common occurrence here in the Deck.

texasdave
08-21-2010, 01:23 AM

The Cards SunDeck.

This is still a verb. You would have to say something like 'I hate those SunDeck Cards' for it to be an adjective. Okay, I am turning off my internal nerd.

BurgervilleBuck
08-21-2010, 01:35 AM
This is still a verb. You would have to say something like 'I hate those SunDeck Cards' for it to be an adjective. Okay, I am turning off my internal nerd.

How about as an adverb?

The Sun Deck sundecks sundeckly.

knoonan991
08-21-2010, 01:41 AM

This.

Or perhaps my "sunshine blowing" is too much for a team that has gone 16-5 over the last 21. I mean, why on earth would someone feel confident in their team even if (dare I say it) Coco is on the mound.

:D

texasdave
08-21-2010, 01:42 AM
How about as an adverb?

It works for me.

texasdave
08-21-2010, 01:43 AM
By the way, adverbs are slowly going the way of Pluto.

LeDoux
08-21-2010, 01:53 AM

That is way too much sundecking. You will slip a disc if that keeps up.

texasdave
08-21-2010, 09:57 AM
Thought I would post some of my favorite songs growing up. Kickin' in it old school. =)

1) Stevie Wonder - You are the Sun Deck of my life.
2) Deep Purple - Smoke on the Sun Deck.
3) Rolling Stones - (I can't get no) Sun Deck Action.
4) Simon and Garfunkel - Bridge over troubled Sun Deck.
5) Pink Floyd - Dark side of the Sun Deck
6) Bruce Springsteen - Born to Sun Deck

And the list goes on and on and on.

New York Red
08-21-2010, 11:22 AM
I agree. There's definitely a lot of overreaction here - especially the knee jerk variety. But I think that's common among all sports message board communities on the internet. Including the ORG side of this site. Just fans being fans, eh?

:thumbup:

Parliament
08-21-2010, 12:29 PM
Thought I would post some of my favorite songs growing up. Kickin' in it old school. =)

:beerme: Keep it real my sundeck brothers

New York Red
08-21-2010, 12:47 PM

Too funny. While we're kickin' it old school, here's another ...

Kansas - Carry On My Wayward Sun Deck

Vottomatic
08-21-2010, 04:35 PM
:beerme:

The Cards SunDeck.

:beerme:

Parliament
09-03-2010, 08:21 AM
U2 - Sundeck bloody sundeck
Cream - Sundeck of my love

TheBigLebowski
09-03-2010, 09:19 AM
Not that I object to the premise....because I don't....I just want to point out that us Sundeckers aren't the only ones who fall victim to overreactions or hyperbole. In fact, I submit that one would have a tough time differentiating a Sundeck game thread from an ORG. Other than the fact that the ORG has quite a few more threads regarding metrics, there really isn't much difference between the forums. That's my opinion, anyway.

And the Reds are Sundecking the hell out of the Cards right now.

TheBigLebowski
09-03-2010, 09:19 AM
Not that I object to the premise....because I don't....I just want to point out that we Sundeckers aren't the only ones who fall victim to overreactions or hyperbole. In fact, I submit that one would have a tough time differentiating a Sundeck game thread from an ORG. Other than the fact that the ORG has quite a few more threads regarding metrics, there really isn't much difference between the forums. That's my opinion, anyway.

TeamSelig
09-03-2010, 10:27 AM
Shut the sundeck up.

Parliament
09-03-2010, 11:01 AM
Not that I object to the premise....because I don't....I just want to point out that us Sundeckers aren't the only ones who fall victim to overreactions or hyperbole. In fact, I submit that one would have a tough time differentiating a Sundeck game thread from an ORG. Other than the fact that the ORG has quite a few more threads regarding metrics, there really isn't much difference between the forums. That's my opinion, anyway.

Of course you are right and I agree. I hardly even look at the "other" forum anyways. I mean what is the point? You can't respond to anything and they prefer to keep it that way I guess.

I say let them keep their closed circle and I'll keep sundecking it right here :D

New York Red
09-03-2010, 12:59 PM

I'm glad someone else posted that. I honestly don't see much difference between the two forums, other than quantity, and the metric stuff you referred to. And the game threads are definitely similar.

New York Red
09-03-2010, 01:00 PM
U2 - Sundeck bloody sundeck
Cream - Sundeck of my love
LOL ... nice! :beerme:

LeDoux
09-03-2010, 11:12 PM
Not that I object to the premise....because I don't....I just want to point out that we Sundeckers aren't the only ones who fall victim to overreactions or hyperbole. In fact, I submit that one would have a tough time differentiating a Sundeck game thread from an ORG. Other than the fact that the ORG has quite a few more threads regarding metrics, there really isn't much difference between the forums. That's my opinion, anyway.

I'm sure there is plenty of sundecking in the ORG. But, I find it more fun to play up our position as the "underclass" of the RZ. If the ORG is the bourgeoisie, we are the proletariat. They are Brahmans, we the untouchables. If Dickens was to write a novel about us here would be some dialogue:

Sundecker: "Please sir, can I have an avatar to feed my family?"
ORG: "Eat cake, peasant!"

The sign above the Sundeck gamethread: 4 Redz fanz wif interwebs
The sign above ORG gamethread: Dirty Sundeckers go home!

This may not make any sense in the context of a baseball fan forum. I just find it fun.

TheBigLebowski
09-04-2010, 07:26 AM
I'm sure there is plenty of sundecking in the ORG. But, I find it more fun to play up our position as the "underclass" of the RZ. If the ORG is the bourgeoisie, we are the proletariat. They are Brahmans, we the untouchables. If Dickens was to write a novel about us here would be some dialogue:

Sundecker: "Please sir, can I have an avatar to feed my family?"
ORG: "Eat cake, peasant!"

The sign above the Sundeck gamethread: 4 Redz fanz wif interwebs
The sign above ORG gamethread: Dirty Sundeckers go home!

This may not make any sense in the context of a baseball fan forum. I just find it fun.

I have no prob being working class. I'll be a proud member of the RZ proletariat for a long time.

Boston Red
09-04-2010, 07:43 AM
The Reds sure do play like sundeck against St. Louis.

TheBigLebowski
09-04-2010, 10:31 AM
The Reds sure do play like sundeck against St. Louis.

Darned sure do. I don't get it.

Boston Red
09-06-2010, 09:59 PM
I'm starting to get a little worried about the Reds sundecking this season in September.

ReppedByAriGold
09-07-2010, 12:18 AM
Crack?

Boston Red
09-08-2010, 12:00 AM
It's a good thing the Cards sundecked in Milwaukee tonight.

texasdave
09-08-2010, 12:25 AM
Some nights the team plays great and some nights they sundeck. I have no idea what the problem with calling a sundeck a sundeck is.

mlh1981
09-08-2010, 09:37 AM
B52's--"Love Sun deck"

TheBigLebowski
09-08-2010, 10:43 AM
If the Reds don't sundecking win tonight I am going to sundeck my freaking front door and give a good sundecking to my mailbox. I can't sundeck this freaking choking when we are about to actually make the sundecking playoffs. SUNDECK THIS.

RedCanuck
09-09-2010, 12:57 AM
:eek:
By the way, adverbs are slowly going the way of Pluto.

What? Something is happening to Pluto? Nobody tells me anything. You don't have to mollycoddle me. What the sundeck is going on with Pluto??

mckbearcat48
09-09-2010, 01:58 PM
:eek:

What? Something is happening to Pluto? Nobody tells me anything. You don't have to mollycoddle me. What the sundeck is going on with Pluto??

Pluto got sent to the minors.

texasdave
09-09-2010, 04:36 PM
Pluto got sent to the minors.

Reds are bringing up Goofy. That's gotta sting.

Boston Red
09-10-2010, 11:30 AM
The Reds need a big series this weekend against the Pirates to keep the whole season from sundecking around us.

Parliament
09-10-2010, 12:25 PM
If the Reds don't sundecking win tonight I am going to sundeck my freaking front door and give a good sundecking to my mailbox. I can't sundeck this freaking choking when we are about to actually make the sundecking playoffs. SUNDECK THIS.

:bowrofl:

texasdave
09-10-2010, 07:11 PM
The Reds activate two outfielders from the DL, neither one of whom can play. That is pretty freakin' Sundeck! In a way I am glad they activated them. I am tired of mollycoddling these ballplayers.

texasdave
09-10-2010, 11:14 PM
Change the title of this thread to "Sundeck as a Way of Life"

Boston Red
09-10-2010, 11:15 PM
Reds sundeck the Pirates to break the streak!

texasdave
09-10-2010, 11:19 PM
CoCo Cordero has changed his name to Sundeck Cordero. He is hoping for a little Sundeck mojo to rub off.

If I ever write a novel the main character's first name is going to be Sundeck.