PDA

View Full Version : Question about potential playoff tickets.

Tommyjohn25
08-21-2010, 01:51 PM
Tried to phrase my title in a way that wouldn't jinx it. I realized today that if the Reds do indeed make the playoffs, I have no idea how to go about getting tickets! Anyone know the answer?

RedLegSuperStar
08-21-2010, 02:02 PM
Tried to phrase my title in a way that wouldn't jinx it. I realized today that if the Reds do indeed make the playoffs, I have no idea how to go about getting tickets! Anyone know the answer?

The season ticket holders will get the option to purchase first and then once that deadline passes the remaining tickets should go on sale.

WMR
08-21-2010, 02:06 PM
Be prepared to dig deep in the wallet would be my advice. (Unless you're lucky? Wonder how long it will take their extras to sell out? That's the thing, this situation has never occurred before at GABP, so it's difficult to forecast how it all will go down.)

I don't care if they're $200 bucks a ticket, I'm going if they make the playoffs. Still need to wash away the suck of the 99 one game playoff. :D

I do wonder how much playoff tickets will go for (potentially! no jinxes)... I got a SRO ticket for the one game playoff for like 15 bucks IIRC back in 99... you gotta believe demand would be EXTREMELY high.

Joseph
08-21-2010, 02:12 PM
Wasn't there an option offered to be guaranteed playoff tickets a month or two ago?

WMR
08-21-2010, 02:13 PM
Wasn't there an option offered to be guaranteed playoff tickets a month or two ago?

If you wanted to commit to a season ticket package in 2011, yes.

Tommyjohn25
08-21-2010, 02:13 PM
Oh yeah. I'd pay $200 just to sit in the bleachers. At this point, making the playoffs (POTENTIALLY) is priceless to me.

Tommyjohn25
08-21-2010, 02:14 PM
The season ticket holders will get the option to purchase first and then once that deadline passes the remaining tickets should go on sale.

Thanks for the info!

The Voice of IH
08-21-2010, 03:36 PM
yea, Ebay, Stubhub, or 333Seat I would guess is the best bet to get tickets. but who knows the price on those.

Reds Fanatic
08-21-2010, 03:51 PM
I know back in 1995 how it worked when they went on sale they basically would sell the whole series in a pack. Like I bought tickets for the division series and they would come in a pack for the whole series. I think for games that were unused you were refunded in some way but it has been so long I don't quite remember how that worked. I am sure being that was 15 years ago the prices have went way up and there are less seats now than in the old stadium so it is going to be a tough ticket to get if they make it. I am definitely trying to get tickets when they go on sale.

Hap
08-21-2010, 05:44 PM
I know back in 1995 how it worked when they went on sale they basically would sell the whole series in a pack. Like I bought tickets for the division series and they would come in a pack for the whole series. I think for games that were unused you were refunded in some way but it has been so long I don't quite remember how that worked. I am sure being that was 15 years ago the prices have went way up and there are less seats now than in the old stadium so it is going to be a tough ticket to get if they make it. I am definitely trying to get tickets when they go on sale.

Also, in 1995, the demand was not nearly as high as it will be this year. Many fans were disgusted with the players and the owners and the commissioner following the 1994 strike and the cancellation of the post-season. None of the playoff games in Riverfront were sellouts.

LoganBuck
08-21-2010, 05:48 PM
I am sure when it happens the Reds will make all the information available to everyone. Gotta think you will be buying playoff packs and SRO tickets.

MattyHo4Life
08-21-2010, 06:27 PM
They will probably have an online raffle for the opportunity to buy playoff tickets. That's how St. Louis does it, and I would guess other teams do it that way as well.

MattyHo4Life
08-21-2010, 06:30 PM

There was another way to do it. mlb.com has a marketplace where you can pay a small amount that will guarantee you the opportunity to buy playoff tickets. However, if your team didn't play the game that you paid for, you lost the money, so it was a gamble. I believe the Reds are sold out of those though.

RBA
08-21-2010, 06:52 PM
Also, in 1995, the demand was not nearly as high as it will be this year. Many fans were disgusted with the players and the owners and the commissioner following the 1994 strike and the cancellation of the post-season. None of the playoff games in Riverfront were sellouts.

And there were a lot more seats at Riverfront. So, it's supply and demand.

REDblooded
08-21-2010, 11:52 PM

not true... MLB had a thing running where you could purchase an option to buy playoff seats... I think it was like 25/ticket, and no refund if the team didn't make the playoffs... however, they sold out super-fast...

reds44
08-22-2010, 05:09 AM
not true... MLB had a thing running where you could purchase an option to buy playoff seats... I think it was like 25/ticket, and no refund if the team didn't make the playoffs... however, they sold out super-fast...
Pretty sure it was $10. They sold out, but it wasn't impossible to get either. Kind of kicking myself for not doing it right now.

redsfandan
08-31-2010, 09:50 AM
So ... what are the best options now?

Reds Fanatic
08-31-2010, 10:04 AM
So ... what are the best options now?

Reds have not announced anything about how they are selling tickets yet. I would imagine they will do some kind of lottery system like they do for opening day.

This was posted the other day in the Sun Deck showing what the prices for the tickets will be:

http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/cin/ticketing/sth/postseason_seating_pricing.jsp

Ghosts of 1990
08-31-2010, 04:10 PM
With the pricing from scalpers (soon to be the only option for postseason tickets) this past weekend against the Cubs, chances are you're going to be looking at at least $200 to $300 per ticket for the NLDS.

Wheelhouse
08-31-2010, 04:21 PM
They should allot playoff tickets based on the number of games Bob Boone managed that you watched. It's the only fair way.

TheNext44
08-31-2010, 04:40 PM
With the pricing from scalpers (soon to be the only option for postseason tickets) this past weekend against the Cubs, chances are you're going to be looking at at least $200 to $300 per ticket for the NLDS.

NLDS tickets are usually pretty cheap, with the games sometimes not even selling out. They might be a little higher in Cincy since they haven't gone in 15 years, but they should be close to face value, if you shop around.

If the Reds go to the next round, then those should be in the hundreds of dollars.

Cub games involve two "home" crowds, including one that is dumb enough to pay anything. They always are absurdly expensive.