PDA

View Full Version : The Official Joey Votto Bow Down thread!

arkimadee
08-22-2010, 10:19 PM
Appreciation is not a good word to describe how I feel about Joey Votto right now. I think bowing down to this man is more like it. He is the number 1 reason the Reds are where they are right now. He has big hit after big hit including the most impressive bat I have saw all season against Broxton. When I think the guy is going to have a bad game, he hits a 2 run double in the 8th ( like he did on Thursday night.) I will go as far as saying that Joey Votto has brought the game of baseball back into the lives of Reds fans in August and September..

JohnnyBench
08-22-2010, 10:23 PM
I've told my wife (on numerous occasions, I must sadly admit) that if Joey Votto asked me to leave her and run away with him, I would!

Vottomatic
08-22-2010, 10:28 PM
He got down 0-2 in that at-bat in the top of the 9th with bases loaded. He had just taken his grand slam swing and missed his pitch, a 96 mph fastball right down the middle. You could see it on Joey Votto's face that he wasn't going to get beat, but I still wondered.

Foul, after foul, after foul, and 3 balls thrown in, and he found himself with a full count and knew what he was thinking. Just put the ball in play and hit it to left field because it's coming at 98 mph.

And he did.

I wish all of our LHed hitters would think that way.

Epic at-bat. Might be the at-bat of the season. If the score is 3-2 heading into the bottom, Cordero is probably more tight and the Dodgers probably feel more hopeful of tieing it up or taking the lead. Great at-bat that put the game away.

I love Joey. He's da man.

New York Red
08-22-2010, 10:47 PM
For me, the MVP isn't always the guy who has the biggest overall numbers at season's end. It's the guy who has the most MVP moments during the season. Especially late in the season, when pennant races have heated up. And today Joey Votto had two huge MVP moments. If the voters are paying attention - really paying attention - then they had to be impressed today.

:notworthy

bshall2105
08-22-2010, 11:07 PM
This is the guy I want up to bat no matter what. If it's a clutch situation, or we are up by 10 Votto is going to get it done. I think I love Joey Votto!

KYRedLeg
08-23-2010, 01:10 AM
After the game, when Joey finished his interview with Jeff, he went back to the dugout--along the way, he flipped his cap to a kid standing above the dugout. A young girl, a Dodgers fan, who seemed quite infatuated with Mr. Votto.

A true class act.

Captain13
08-23-2010, 09:17 AM
He's clearly the best thing to ever come out of Canada, eh. I love Joey Votto.

New York Red
08-23-2010, 07:11 PM
If you want to see a hitter's approach to a professional at bat, read Votto's comments about yesterday's 9th inning AB in John Fay's Reds blog. Awesome stuff. Some other Reds need to read that and try to take that approach when necessary.

mound_patrol
08-23-2010, 08:00 PM
If you want to see a hitter's approach to a professional at bat, read Votto's comments about yesterday's 9th inning AB in John Fay's Reds blog. Awesome stuff. Some other Reds need to read that and try to take that approach when necessary.

We dont see enough of the 2-strike approach anymore in today's game. Glad to see Votto and a few other Reds haven't lost that art.

mroby85
08-23-2010, 08:28 PM
For me, the MVP isn't always the guy who has the biggest overall numbers at season's end. It's the guy who has the most MVP moments during the season. Especially late in the season, when pennant races have heated up. And today Joey Votto had two huge MVP moments. If the voters are paying attention - really paying attention - then they had to be impressed today.

:notworthy

I've wondered how long before we can get some MVP chants at GABP, I tried in the Atlanta game when he hit the HR in the 8th inning to tie it up, but it didn't really catch on.

redsrolen
08-23-2010, 10:45 PM
I think I have realized in the last game that Joey is better than I originaly thought! I agree that last at bat was one for the record books! He is neck and neck with Albert for mvp, Sports center gives him the edge!
When Joey was trying to get on the All-Star team, he turned it on and put on a show! Now for the mvp, I feel he has turned it up a notch. This is what convinced me, if that man is so talanted he can play almost perfectly at will. I don't even think we have seen his best yet! That is a little scary!:scared:

MikeThierry
08-24-2010, 12:34 AM
Well, Pujols is being Pujols again and is just on a terror right now. His 3 hit night put his batting average at .319. This might be the closest MVP race in quite some time. I felt that Pujols was going to get hot, like he always does, in August and September. He isn't disappointing so far.

Still, I like Votto and he is one of the class guys in baseball. Its nice to see that the two leading candidates for MVP are some of the classiest guys in baseball.

He's clearly the best thing to ever come out of Canada, eh. I love Joey Votto.

mehh... I don't know. Hockey and skinny hot women are at the top of my list.