PDA

View Full Version : Sheldon: Harang Bullpen Bound

savafan
08-23-2010, 10:47 PM
http://marksheldon.mlblogs.com/archives/2010/08/harang_likely_bullpen_bound.html

To anyone following Aaron Harang's progress during his two-start rehab assignment, this likely won't be a surprise. But it looks like that Harang will pitch from the bullpen when he returns to the Reds.

RedEye
08-23-2010, 10:52 PM
If Volquez keeps stinking it up, I wonder whether Harang might replace him in short order...

kaldaniels
08-23-2010, 10:57 PM
If Volquez keeps stinking it up, I wonder whether Harang might replace him in short order...

WAIT WHAT's THAT....THATS AARON HARANG'S MUSIC!!!

_Sir_Charles_
08-24-2010, 09:50 AM
With Edinson really struggling and Harang not ready...I have a feeling we're going to see LeCure or Maloney up here shortly. I don't see them moving Leake back into the rotation this season.

Cueto, Arroyo, Bailey, Wood and then pick 'em. I'd have no problem if they shut Volquez down. He clearly needs to work on his command and with the Reds is not the place to do that. I'm just glad we've got such solid options to fall back on.

BRM
08-24-2010, 09:52 AM
With Edinson really struggling and Harang not ready...I have a feeling we're going to see LeCure or Maloney up here shortly. I don't see them moving Leake back into the rotation this season.

Cueto, Arroyo, Bailey, Wood and then pick 'em. I'd have no problem if they shut Volquez down. He clearly needs to work on his command and with the Reds is not the place to do that. I'm just glad we've got such solid options to fall back on.

I wouldn't be surprised if Volquez gets another start or two before they make any changes.

_Sir_Charles_
08-24-2010, 10:13 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if Volquez gets another start or two before they make any changes.

I agree...I just hope to heck they're working with him like crazy.

Kc61
08-24-2010, 10:49 AM
I think it would be Leake, as a fifth starter, with possible skips of the turn when there are off-days.

RedLegSuperStar
08-24-2010, 10:59 AM
I think I read somewhere where they removed Harang from his start this Wednesday?