PDA

View Full Version : Springer Out for Season

08-24-2010, 03:21 AM
From Fay

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/reds/

–The Reds just announced that Russ Springer had surgery today for a herniated disk. He is done for the season. That opens a 40-man spot. Wladimir Balentien could be added and be here for tomorrows game.

Fay later says a reliever will be brought up, to replenish the bullpen, but I'm not sure who would it would be, or who would be sent down. Maybe Fisher up, Smith down. Just a guess.

Also, would have been nice to know this before they lost Ownings. Oh well.

scott91575
08-24-2010, 03:23 AM
From Fay

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/reds/

Fay later says a reliever will be brought up, to replenish the bullpen, but I'm not sure who would it would be, or who would be sent down. Maybe Fisher up, Smith down. Just a guess.

Also, would have been nice to know this before they lost Ownings. Oh well.

Meh. They need to add Meseraco next year and probably a couple of other players. Any losses to the 40 man this year is no big deal, they were going to be gone soon enough anyway.

Redeye fly
08-24-2010, 03:50 AM
I wasn't overly excited when we signed Springer, although when I looked at his numbers he's actually had his best years later in his career. Then again, at his age he wouldn't be able to keep that up forever.

Lately though the Reds have made more good personnel moves than bad ones, and I feel bad for Springer because the guy was a life long Reds fan who was signed by his favorite team gunning for the post season.

KOBasinger
08-24-2010, 09:06 AM
Well least we gave him a shot. Didn't lose much.

schmidty622
08-24-2010, 09:07 AM
The signings of all these old players really worked out well. Haha

Vottomatic
08-24-2010, 09:29 AM
Thanks Springer. We hardly knew ye.

bounty37h
08-24-2010, 02:01 PM
Nice we were able to help pad his bank account heading into retirement.

Captain13
08-24-2010, 04:32 PM
The signings of all these old players really worked out well. Haha

Maybe we can add Manny to the list of old guys. :thumbup: