PDA

View Full Version : The return of Abe Woody

TStuck
08-24-2010, 09:13 AM
Looks like the Reds re-signed relief pitcher and former 2005 draft pick (31st rd) Abe Woody and assigned him to High A Lynchburg. He had pitched at Mobile in the Southern League earlier this year.

You may recall that Woody was the Reds trade chit in the blockbuster deal with the Dbacks that brought us Jerry Gil between the 2006 & 2007 seasons.

Woody has pretty much been mired at Mobile since that trade. 2 cracks at the PCL didn't go so well. Doesn't appear to have had any injury problems. Now approaching 28yrs old, I'm not sure why the Reds would bring him back at all, let alone put him in High A.

Link to his profile:
http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?pos=P&sid=milb&t=p_pbp&pid=446246

Believe me.....I really fought temptation on this. I wanted to have some fun with the title of this thread!!!:p:

camisadelgolf
08-24-2010, 09:58 AM
Believe me.....I really fought temptation on this. I wanted to have some fun with the title of this thread!!!:p:

You're a better man than me, TStuck. It'll be a lot of fun to see if Woody can come up and eventually make a big splash. Thank you for the info.

muddie
08-24-2010, 03:30 PM
Speaking of Abe Woody...

The Cincinnati Reds have made a series of player transactions impacting their Double-A affiliate Carolina Mudcats prior to tonight's game against the Birmingham Barons.

SS Kris Negron and LHP Lee Tabor have been promoted to Triple-A Louisville, while SS Miguel Rojas and RHP Abe Woody have been reassigned to Carolina from High-A Lynchburg.

davereds24
08-24-2010, 03:43 PM
You're a better man than me, TStuck. It'll be a lot of fun to see if Woody can come up and eventually make a big splash. Thank you for the info.

lmao

TStuck
08-24-2010, 04:02 PM
Oh alright.....here's what I was thinking.

Reds get their Woody back.
or
Reds pop Woody in Carolina bullpen

Sorry everyone.......I know, Middle School humor.:D

nemesis
08-24-2010, 04:10 PM
Speaking of Abe Woody...

The Cincinnati Reds have made a series of player transactions impacting their Double-A affiliate Carolina Mudcats prior to tonight's game against the Birmingham Barons.

SS Kris Negron and LHP Lee Tabor have been promoted to Triple-A Louisville, while SS Miguel Rojas and RHP Abe Woody have been reassigned to Carolina from High-A Lynchburg.

Kinda like the idea of moving Rojas up to AA just to see if his bat can stay at or around a .600 ~ .625 clip there.

Woody is just there to fill a hole... :cool:

muddie
08-24-2010, 04:13 PM
I wonder what Woody can do with a bat...

I'd love to see Woody go deep.

cinreds21
08-28-2010, 03:29 AM
Sent back to Lynchburg