PDA

View Full Version : Lee Tabor and Kris Negron to Louisville?

OesterPoster
08-24-2010, 09:16 AM
Saw this tweet earlier today from Tabor:

LeeTabor
Headed to Louisville with Negron about 2 hours ago via Twitter for iPhone

muddie
08-24-2010, 09:27 AM
I was honestly thinking of starting a thread to discuss Negron's potential and possibilities. I think he deserves a look at AAA. Good for him.

I have no idea why Tabor is going up. I don't think he's demonstrated enough consistency at this level.

GIDP
08-24-2010, 09:44 AM
Sounds like someone is going to MLB. Francisco or Valaika.

batsfan
08-24-2010, 10:36 AM
What did Joe Krebs do wrong?

batsfan
08-24-2010, 10:40 AM
Sounds like someone is going to MLB. Francisco or Valaika.

Or Cabrera will be activated and Cozart put on the Bats DL. The Tabor move probably means that the Reds are going to call up a reliever.

GIDP
08-24-2010, 10:45 AM
Or Cabrera will be activated and Cozart put on the Bats DL. The Tabor move probably means that the Reds are going to call up a reliever.

it doesnt sound like Cabrera is ready to play from what I read yesterday.

GOYA
08-24-2010, 03:20 PM
LeCure and Valaika were called up to Cincy to answer Tabor and Negron.

GIDP
08-24-2010, 03:22 PM
Well I war partially correct.

muddie
08-24-2010, 03:30 PM
The Cincinnati Reds have made a series of player transactions impacting their Double-A affiliate Carolina Mudcats prior to tonight's game against the Birmingham Barons.

SS Kris Negron and LHP Lee Tabor have been promoted to Triple-A Louisville, while SS Miguel Rojas and RHP Abe Woody have been reassigned to Carolina from High-A Lynchburg.

OnBaseMachine
08-24-2010, 03:50 PM
From Corey Brinn:

Right-handed pitcher Doug Salinas & outfielder Ryan LaMarre have been promoted from Dayton to the Lynchburg Hillcats of the Carolina League

http://twitter.com/coreybrinn

OesterPoster
08-24-2010, 03:53 PM
Well, that takes the Dayton team from bad to...what's worse than bad?

camisadelgolf
08-24-2010, 04:08 PM
Well, that takes the Dayton team from bad to...what's worse than bad?
Is it like taking away Willie Anderson from the 1991-2002 Cincinnati Bengals?

camisadelgolf
08-24-2010, 04:13 PM
The Cincinnati Reds have made a series of player transactions impacting their Double-A affiliate Carolina Mudcats prior to tonight's game against the Birmingham Barons.

SS Kris Negron and LHP Lee Tabor have been promoted to Triple-A Louisville, while SS Miguel Rojas and RHP Abe Woody have been reassigned to Carolina from High-A Lynchburg.
And Rojas' transition to organization filler begins . . .

nemesis
08-24-2010, 04:14 PM
what's worse than bad?

We can coin a new term like... "He got Dayton'd."

lollipopcurve
08-24-2010, 04:15 PM
And Rojas' transition to organization filler begins . . .

I don't think so. He's been hurt this year. Pretty sure they still think highly of him.

camisadelgolf
08-24-2010, 04:25 PM
I don't think so. He's been hurt this year. Pretty sure they still think highly of him.
I should clarify. I'm aware that the Reds are still very high on him--and understandably so--but personally, I don't think he'll ever hit enough to be worthy of significant playing time on a Major League roster.

nemesis
08-24-2010, 04:37 PM
I should clarify. I'm aware that the Reds are still very high on him--and understandably so--but personally, I don't think he'll ever hit enough to be worthy of significant playing time on a Major League roster.

He is awfully tiny. If he can gain weight and find some kind of way to hit .300 and draw 40 walks a year, that would be enough to make him ML capable. He will never have a high SLG%.

Kingspoint
08-24-2010, 05:30 PM
I'm really happy for Valaika.

He's really been working his tail off.

Just hope Dusty gives him a couple of chances.

Would rather see him playing 3rd for Rolen instead of Cairo.

AWA85
08-24-2010, 06:16 PM
I love that some of these guys are getting rewarded or a taste of where they may start out next year. For people like LaMarre and Joseph it is nice to end the season after being bumped up a level. Season can be a long grind at times, and a promotion for some of these guys can go a long way in motivating the players during the off season (Rojas).