PDA

View Full Version : Scary stat on Votto

VR
08-28-2010, 01:53 AM
This from Matthew Carruth over at FanGraphs. Very scary. Not sure where the full list is, but I'm guessing one of his teammates is at our near the other end of the list.

While pulling some numbers last night about Joey Votto for my post on the Triple Crown* I stumbled across Joey Vottoís number of infield pop ups this season. Itís zero. According to BIS, Joey Votto has yet to hit a single fly ball that hasnít at least reached the outfield grass.

http://www.fangraphs.com/

sabometrics
08-28-2010, 01:56 AM
This was posted somewhere else on RZ, can't remember where, but it is truly remarkable.

Tornon
08-28-2010, 01:59 AM
I started to sleuth it out a bit because I thought there was no way this could be true, but after looking into it abit i'm going to have to surrender and believe the stat. It is amazing. However, I did find that on April 13 in the 5th inning, Joey hit a popup in foul territory that barely made the outfield grass according to Gameday

hebroncougar
08-28-2010, 08:19 AM
He's making up for Gomes.

Joseph
08-28-2010, 09:41 AM
He's making up for Gomes.

Someone has to.

He's hitting IF pop ups this season like Phillips was hitting into double plays last year.

Screwball
08-28-2010, 09:55 AM
Amazing. By contrast, 13% of Pujols' ABs result in an INF flyout. Quite a bit more than 0.

Votto's like anti-EE.