PDA

View Full Version : The next 10 games are our final test

takealeake
08-29-2010, 05:17 PM
In my opinion the next 10 games are our final test, if we can get through these games standing tall, we're going to make the playoffs.

The three at home versus Milwaukee, I don't think is a cakewalk. They have a losing record, but going into the series will have won 3 straight and we're undecided on who to pitch in the second game right now. And if it's Harang, it could be dicey. We also play Milwaukee 9 more times, so we have to handle them most out of any team the rest of the way, so we better dig in and get used to trying to beat them, because that's who we're going to have to beat most the rest of the way.

Obviously playing at St. Louis needs no further explanation. But we also have 4 games at a very tough Rockies team who is somewhat forgotten about but still in this wildcard race and will be 7 games over .500 it looks like after today.

After those 10 games, there's a big dropoff the rest of the schedule, outside of a three game series at San Diego. We really need to step up these next 10 games, and if we can go 7-3 or maybe even 6-4 out of this, I think we will be in extremely good shape for the playoffs.

GIDP
08-29-2010, 05:44 PM
Id love to roll into St. Louis with a 5+ game lead some how.

mlh1981
08-29-2010, 05:54 PM
Gotta keep taking care of business against mediocre teams. That means 2/3 from Milwaukee. After that, at the VERY least, win a game in St. Louis (though winning one game in a series should never be the expectation).

Out in Colorado, go for the split. That team makes me nervous.

RedsLvr
08-29-2010, 06:07 PM
Playing .500 ball the rest of the year should get us in, it's as simple as that.

bagz
08-29-2010, 08:59 PM
Most teams want to end the season on a good note even if they're not going to make the playoffs. We've been in the role of spoiler for so many years. Now that we're on top we have to remember to not take any of these teams lightly. A lot of AAA players are going to be brought up when the rosters expand and want to prove themselves worthy to their teams.