PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about the postseason TV schedule

Ghosts of 1990
08-30-2010, 08:31 AM
I was just thinking about it; if a team 'like the Reds' were to get into the postseason and play in the NLDS; isn't it likely that we'd begin the series with two weekday games starting around 2:30 or 3:00 and they'd let the larger market teams play at 8:00 PM?

That would be my luck, wait all these years to see some postseason baseball and then we play at 2:00. I guess 5:00 PM wouldn't be so bad, but that's about when I leave work. If I'm to catch the whole game, relaxed we'd have to play on prime time during the week or I'd miss it all or parts. And I know there's DVR but I'd also have to turn off my phone during the work day or I'd be getting texts about the game as well as calls.

I need to work for myself so when my team makes the playoffs I can enjoy it.

redsfan30
08-30-2010, 09:34 AM
I've been thinking about this myself the past few days. I'd guess the same....we'd probably get the 2:00 TBS slot for the first couple games.

Ghosts of 1990
08-30-2010, 09:47 AM
I suppose that I could have worse things to worry about....

wheels
08-30-2010, 11:17 AM
I feel for you.

I remember in 1990, during the Pirates series.... I think it was game two or game three....Anyway, it was afternoon start and I had to ride the bus home from school. Living in the country, that took something like 45 minutes. I got home just in time to see the very end of the game.

People often complain that the games start too late, but I think it's better because it leaves us with the option to make that decision to stay up and be all bleary eyed the next morning.

This time around, I am my own boss and I'll have the XM tuned in from the start.

reds1869
08-30-2010, 11:32 AM
I work for myself so I have some flexibility. Most of my work gets done in the morning and at night, though, so an afternoon start time would be great for me.

Ghosts of 1990
08-30-2010, 11:33 AM
I can deal with two road games during the weekdays to start a series, then one on the weekend and say, maybe a game 4 at night in Cincinnati (Yankees sweep someone opening up the prime time slot).

And thank God for DVR, I'll just have to stay off every internet site and turn my phone off until 8 that night....

blumj
08-30-2010, 11:37 AM
How can you guess when they'll be scheduled if you don't know who they'll be playing?