PDA

View Full Version : A ball from BP bounced my way

KOBasinger
08-31-2010, 10:34 AM
and I was fast enough to grab it. I went down early yesterday to grab a Votto SI cover and we decided to watch BP from right field. What a fun time it was. First time I have ever been there. Lots and lots of balls in the stands. I got one hit off of Casey McGehee from Milwaukee. Sweet memory I just wanted to share.

Funny thing is, when the game was going on, a liner came right at us on the first base line. My friend had a great chance at catching it but the guy right in front of him got it first.

Hey Meat
08-31-2010, 01:39 PM
My son almost caught one at Houston back in July during BP from Laynce Nix that bounced off of the second deck in right. As luck would have it another Reds fan caught it. Was looking forward to catching one as there were not many people out in right and the fire alarm came on. We had to leave Minute Maid and when we got back BP was over. :(

Reds
08-31-2010, 06:23 PM
I caught a long HR ball barehanded during BP in Atlanta a few years back. The Mets were in town and I had my Reds cap on and the ball was going to hit someone not paying attention in the head. Left field at Turner gave me an ovation during BP! Only time I'll ever get that! I tipped my REDS cap to the Atlanta and Mets fans. :D