PDA

View Full Version : Heisey for Bruce tonight?

UPRedsFan
08-31-2010, 08:35 PM
Why is Heisey in for Bruce against a right handed pitcher???

Why not sit Gomes or Stubbs? Did Dusty explain this anywhere?

cinreds21
08-31-2010, 08:39 PM
Bruce is hurt.

UPRedsFan
08-31-2010, 08:43 PM
Have we seen enough of the walk off celebrations yet!!??

Rolen couldn't control the boys quick enough, I'm guessing. Walt ought to establish a team rule and fine anybody who celebrates that way. Gomes was chasing him and he ends up in the line up tonight because Bruce tweaked something. Smart. Real smart.

Somebody please tell me I'm wrong and that he did it earlier in the game

Hey Meat
08-31-2010, 09:04 PM
Gomes and Janish need to their butts whipped. Unbelievable.

mlh1981
08-31-2010, 09:05 PM
How did guys used to celebrate walkoff home runs? I honestly can't remember.

Natty Redlocks
08-31-2010, 09:26 PM
Have we seen enough of the walk off celebrations yet!!??

Rolen couldn't control the boys quick enough, I'm guessing. Walt ought to establish a team rule and fine anybody who celebrates that way. Gomes was chasing him and he ends up in the line up tonight because Bruce tweaked something. Smart. Real smart.

Somebody please tell me I'm wrong and that he did it earlier in the game

I think you're absolutely right. That pounding on each other crap is beyond stupid.

UPRedsFan
08-31-2010, 10:02 PM
How did guys used to celebrate walkoff home runs? I honestly can't remember.

They used to crowd around the guy at home plate and pat him on the back but no chasing or gut punching or jumping on top of the guy.

UPRedsFan
08-31-2010, 10:03 PM
I'm reading in the game thread it is appendix related for Bruce. So apparently nothing happened in the celebration to injur him. But I stand by the assertion that these celebrations need to be toned way down. Maybe they'll listen to Rolen.

HalMorrisRules
08-31-2010, 11:07 PM
I'm reading in the game thread it is appendix related for Bruce. So apparently nothing happened in the celebration to injur him. But I stand by the assertion that these celebrations need to be toned way down. Maybe they'll listen to Rolen.

Is that confirmed? Marty and Jim were speculating that it might be his appendix but they said they had no information. They were just surmising.

skywalker
08-31-2010, 11:32 PM
If he is not hurt, he needs to be playing

Vottomatic
08-31-2010, 11:58 PM
I heard he had a paper cut.

ian_madden
09-01-2010, 12:31 AM
Were up 7 games in September... I think he can sit if need be.