PDA

View Full Version : Knock on wood, but when will the Reds start selling playoff tickets?

GriffeyFan
09-01-2010, 12:10 AM
Wow, I haven't posted in a long time, but it's that kind of year.

When do teams typically start taking deposits for playoff tickets? Mid-September or so? It's been a long time since that's been a question.

sabometrics
09-01-2010, 01:00 AM
I may be wrong but I think they may already be selling them? I know for a fact I saw the prices for playoff tix listed from a link I followed from here.

redsmetz
09-01-2010, 01:32 PM
The Reds just tweeted this:

Cincinnati Reds Fans can register now on Reds.com for the opportunity to purchase tickets for Postseason games at GABP: www.reds.com/postseason

Ghosts of 1990
09-01-2010, 02:03 PM
Just registered.

We should have thought of something bright/clever in terms of hedging our bets and doing a RN 'register together' to hedge our bets as a forum. We are the best reds fans there are. If we wanna be there and pony up the $ we should all be there.

Reds Fanatic
09-01-2010, 02:05 PM
I can't get the page to come up. It starts to but ends up just a blank red page.

Reds Fanatic
09-01-2010, 02:14 PM
I was able to get this link to work. Try this if you have trouble with the other link:

http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/ticketing/index.jsp?c_id=cin

You basically have from now until noon on 9/9 to register. Then they are supposed to draw for NLDS tickets on 9/10 and inform you if you have a chance to buy tickets around 9/13.

MattyHo4Life
09-01-2010, 02:15 PM
I can't get the page to come up. It starts to but ends up just a blank red page.

try this one

https://secure.mlb.com/cin/ticketing/postseason_opportunity_2010.jsp?affiliateId=panel_ cin_tixopp090110

Cyclone792
09-01-2010, 02:25 PM
As I suspected, it's a lottery system just like Opening Day. So basically your choices are down to:

1) You're a season ticket holder, and you're willing to shell out a substantial amount of cash upfront and pay for 11 playoff games in advance

2) You have excellent personal connections

3) You purchased a postseason ticket reservation back in July

4) You grab a winning postseason ticket lottery code

5) You pay out the nose on the secondary market

Fortunately I rolled the dice and dropped a $20 bet on the Reds back in July for an NLDS postseason ticket reservation. Given the prices of postseason tickets, I wonder if they'll sell as quickly as Opening Day tickets or if people will win codes, see the prices and then say no thanks.

Cedric
09-01-2010, 02:33 PM
Different from 1999. Back then there was no lottery. They just had an on sale date and it was first come first serve. They didn't even sell out all their tickets before the season ended.

Some of that might have been the close race though. I don't expect these to be sold out right away. This year the season ticket base is so far down I think most of you that don't have season tix will be fine.

Just my two cents.

MattyHo4Life
09-01-2010, 02:50 PM
or if people will win codes, see the prices and then say no thanks.

I don't think there is much chance of that happening. Tickets will sell out fast.

Reds Fanatic
09-01-2010, 03:02 PM
I agree these tickets will go fast and you can't really compare it to how it was to get tickets in 1999 or 1995 because that was in the old stadium with 15,000+ more tickets than this stadium.

Caveat Emperor
09-01-2010, 03:06 PM
I'm already working the personal connections angle, because I absolutely refuse to be shut out of post-season tickets if this team makes it.

Did anyone else feel like they were tempting fate by registering? I feel like it's horribly bad karma to register in advance of the St. Louis series.

Reds Fanatic
09-01-2010, 04:12 PM
By the way I saw this on Fay's blog apparenty if you don't get picked in the lottery a small number of tickets will go on sale by phone on Saturday September 18th:

For fans who do not have internet access, or those not selected in the online random drawing, a limited number of tickets will be set aside for purchase by telephone (while supplies last) beginning at Saturday, Sept. 18 at 9 am EDT by calling (513) 381-REDS.

Blimpie
09-01-2010, 04:17 PM
FYI- This just in from the Reds:
CINCINNATI (Sept. 1, 2010) — The Cincinnati Reds announce the details for purchasing tickets for Postseason games at Great American Ball Park.
Full season ticket holders are offered their seats for all Postseason games, as well as the option to purchase the same number of additional Postseason tickets starting Sept. 8 through Sept. 13.
Partial plan holders, defined as Baker’s Dozen packages (13 games) and larger have the opportunity to purchase the same number of Postseason tickets as what is on their plan from Sept. 10 through Sept. 13.
Starting Sept. 1 at Noon EDT, fans can register for the opportunity to purchase tickets for any 2010 Reds Postseason games that may be played at Great American Ball Park.
Fans may register for the drawing on reds.com only. The online registration runs from Wednesday, Sept. 1 at Noon to Thursday, Sept. 9 at Noon. All terms and conditions of registration.
Fans that are selected for the opportunity to purchase tickets for National League Division Series games that may be played at Great American Ball Park will be notified via e-mail on or about Monday, Sept. 13.
Winners will be notified via e-mail and will have from Tuesday, Sept. 14 at 9 am EDT to Wednesday, Sept. 15. at 11:59 pm EDT to purchase tickets.
There will be a six-ticket purchase limit for each winner selected. Ticket locations will be subject to availability based on remaining inventory and all orders for the National League Division Series will be subject to convenience fees and processing fees.
Applicants for National League Championship Series (“NLCS”) and World Series (“WS”) drawings will be selected from the same pool of applicants at later dates and notified via e-mail with instructions on the ticket purchase process including dates and times for these sales. Applicants (including selected applicants of previous drawings) will be eligible for each drawing. You may not use any tickets purchased in connection with the drawings for any promotional purposes whatsoever. Registrations have no cash redemptions or substitutions.
For fans who do not have internet access, or those not selected in the online random drawing, a limited number of tickets will be set aside for purchase by telephone (while supplies last) beginning at Saturday, Sept. 18 at 9 am EDT by calling (513) 381-REDS. No tickets will be available at the Great American Ball Park ticket office.
2010 CINCINNATI REDS POSTSEASON REGISTRATION SCHEDULE
NLDS REGISTRATION PERIOD BEGINS: Noon EDT, 09/01/10
NLDS REGISTRATION PERIOD ENDS: Noon EDT, 09/09/10
NLDS RANDOM DRAWING: On or about 09/10/10
NLDS WINNERS NOTIFIED VIA E-MAIL: On or about 09/13/10
NLDS SALE FOR WINNERS: 9 am EDT 09/14/10 to 11:59pm EDT 09/15/10
NLCS REGISTRATION PERIOD BEGINS: Noon EDT Wednesday, 09/01/10
NLCS REGISTRATION PERIOD ENDS: TBD
NLCS RANDOM DRAWING: TBD
NLCS WINNERS NOTIFIED VIA E-MAIL: TBD
NLCS SALE FOR WINNERS: Details will be communicated via e-mail.
WS REGISTRATION PERIOD BEGINS: Noon EDT, Wednesday, 09/01/10
WS REGISTRATION PERIOD ENDS: TBD
WS RANDOM DRAWING: TBD
WS WINNERS NOTIFIED VIA E-MAIL: TBD
WS SALE FOR WINNERS: Details will be communicated via e-mail.
Sale dates for potential 2010 National League Championship Series and 2010 World Series games played at Great American Ball Park will be announced at a later date. Such winners will be selected from the pool of registrants for each subsequent drawing and notified via e-mail with instructions on the ticket purchase process including dates and times for these sales.

MattyHo4Life
09-01-2010, 04:23 PM
Did anyone else feel like they were tempting fate by registering? I feel like it's horribly bad karma to register in advance of the St. Louis series.

Well.. I just registered for the St. Louis playoff lottery, so I cancelled your jinx out. lol