PDA

View Full Version : World Series contenders

Maker_84
09-01-2010, 12:30 AM
going into this season i thought it was a stretch to make the playoffs, but if we did i would consider it a success. But with all the talent and depth we have especially with Chapman coming up we can seriously contend to win this thing!! we have to win at least one series because losing in the 1st round at this point would be a dissappointment

arkimadee
09-01-2010, 12:37 AM
I'm not going to get into playoff expectations until we make them.. Then I will determine what would be a success.. At this point I'm going to say making the playoffs would be enough this year to make me happy.. The moment I have been waiting for is the wide camera cut to great american ballpark on TBS and in a cold, towl waving crowd with playoff banners all over the stadium they say, "welcome to great american ballpark and game 1 of the national league division series.!" I can picture it right now and that moment will probably be enough to make me satisfied this season..

Vottomatic
09-01-2010, 12:46 AM
I'm not going to get into playoff expectations until we make them.. Then I will determine what would be a success.. At this point I'm going to say making the playoffs would be enough this year to make me happy.. The moment I have been waiting for is the wide camera cut to great american ballpark on TBS and in a cold, towl waving crowd with playoff banners all over the stadium they say, "welcome to great american ballpark and game 1 of the national league division series.!" I can picture it right now and that moment will probably be enough to make me satisfied this season..

Part of me wants more than that..........but I'll admit, at the beginning of the season, I would have just been ecstatic to make the postseason.

Winning the division means alot to me too.

Whatever happens happens. Win the division and do your best in the postseason.

And then get back there next year and the year after that. :thumbup:

rolenmvp
09-01-2010, 01:23 AM
My favorite moment will be watching these young guys and veterans popping champagne in the lockerroom that will be fun to watch with this team. ESP with how crazy They are sometimes in the dugout being silly.

Jefferson24
09-01-2010, 01:42 AM
My favorite moment will be watching these young guys and veterans popping champagne in the lockerroom that will be fun to watch with this team. ESP with how crazy They are sometimes in the dugout being silly.

I have already made plans to be available for a central clinching party, not getting up early the next morning. I will be completely satisfied if they win the central, so much more than I expected this year.

GIDP
09-01-2010, 01:45 AM
Best record in the NL now.

Captain13
09-01-2010, 08:35 AM
Best record in the NL now.

Once they get into the post-season, anything can happen. I predicted 85-87 wins in March, so I'm just ecstatic that they are playing this well. Go Reds! :beerme:

mlh1981
09-01-2010, 09:41 AM

My thoughts exactly.

Not to mention, the red/white/blue bunting that will be hanging from the ballpark as well.

arkimadee
09-01-2010, 12:03 PM
if having the best record means playing the phillies in the first round, I'd rather have the second best record.. lol.. i like our chances much more against the braves

CySeymour
09-01-2010, 12:09 PM
Does MLB have a rule that two teams from the same division cannot play each other in the first round?

arkimadee
09-01-2010, 12:11 PM
Does MLB have a rule that two teams from the same division cannot play each other in the first round?
yes.. no matter what we would not play the cards in the first round..

CySeymour
09-01-2010, 12:13 PM
yes.. no matter what we would not play the cards in the first round..

So if the Braves finish with the best record and the Phillies are the wild card, would the Phillies then play the team with the next best record?

RedsLvr
09-01-2010, 01:16 PM
I just want one series win in the playoffs. If we get that, I'll be very happy.

bshall2105
09-01-2010, 01:20 PM
I just want to sweep every round in the playoffs completely dominating every team we play, and outscore the Yankees by 40 in the World Series.

If they do that I'll be happy. Nothing short of this, though.

Hustleman
09-01-2010, 06:28 PM
So if the Braves finish with the best record and the Phillies are the wild card, would the Phillies then play the team with the next best record?

correct.

mckbearcat48
09-03-2010, 05:26 PM
Once you get in, anything can happen. Any playoff team is a WS contender.

gedred69
09-05-2010, 02:17 AM
It's already been said a thousand times, but here it is again. This team is like the '90 team, me thinks. They don't know they're not supposed to win!!