PDA

View Full Version : Springer Transfered

cinreds21
09-01-2010, 01:02 AM
Right-handed pitcher Russ Springer has been transfered from the 15 to the 60-day disabled list.

Nothing big here, just opens up a 40-man spot.

davereds24
09-01-2010, 01:10 AM
Corky is taking that spot for tomorrow's game

Kiss the Baby00
09-01-2010, 01:10 AM
Corky gets that 40 man spot. i saw on mlb network that they selected his contract.

takealeake
09-01-2010, 01:22 AM
Wonder if they do the same with Edmonds?

OpeningDay
09-01-2010, 01:28 AM
Just got word that Orlando Cabrera in addition to Edinson Volquez will be playing up in Dayton tomorrow. Volquez will remain down at A-ball for the remaining 6 games and Cabrera is planned to just play one game. It will be nice to see O-Cab back in the Reds lineup.

FlyerFanatic
09-01-2010, 01:33 AM
Just got word that Orlando Cabrera in addition to Edinson Volquez will be playing up in Dayton tomorrow. Volquez will remain down at A-ball for the remaining 6 games and Cabrera is planned to just play one game. It will be nice to see O-Cab back in the Reds lineup.

ehh...i want janish to stay the starting SS, defense is better than O-cabs

OpeningDay
09-01-2010, 02:04 AM
I couldn't agree with you more about the glove, but O-Cab was having a great month in July behind the plate batting .298 vs Janish's average for August of .250. If O-Cab could learn to take a walk or two every once in a while I would take his bat over Janish. Janish truly has taken this new every day role and has done a great job I just believe having O-Cab not only is an upgrade but it adds needed depth for September. Lastly, the days Hanigan is catching, I think it would be helpful (although not necessary whatsoever) for O-Cab to be in the lineup to bridge the language gap for Chapman. Wilkin Castillo and Alonso played that role at AAA.