PDA

View Full Version : most exciting debut by a red?

webbbj
09-01-2010, 12:19 AM
went to the game tonite and literally had goosebumps as chapman came out to the mound. i even had goosebumps just to see him standup in the bullpen. then the entrance to the mound the 1997 chicago bulls nba finals music playing. then the actual pitching.

im only 23 ive seen 2 griffey junior walkoff HRs (including the inside the park one) and two other walkoff HRs by votto and cabrera in person, i dont think ive ever seen a more exciting game.

but my question is chapman the most anticipated or exciting or hyped reds debut ever? the only other guy that i think has created this much buzz was Ken griffey Jr. I remember that being my best moment as a reds fan to get the best player in baseball and my favorite player to watch.

but chapmans seems more special b/c of being in the middle of a penant race but JR came in after a special 1999 season?

maybe im a prisoner of the moment but what are your opinions?

Has anyone else's debut created this much buzz/ excitement?

for those not at the game here was the entrance music. best entrance music theme ever imo.

YouTube - Chicago Bulls Theme Song (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6lIjAmMdoI)

Jefferson24
09-01-2010, 12:22 AM
I was at Bailey's first, it was electric also. Very exciting.

BurgervilleBuck
09-01-2010, 12:25 AM
Ditto. The flashbulbs going off as he threw his first pitcher nearly blinding.

BurgervilleBuck
09-01-2010, 12:27 AM
for those not at the game here was the entrance music. best entrance music theme ever imo.

YouTube - Chicago Bulls Theme Song (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6lIjAmMdoI)
The name of the song is "Sirius" by the Alan Parsons Project. The Cincinnati Mighty Ducks used to use that song as their entrance song, too.

Jefferson24
09-01-2010, 12:37 AM
Ditto. The flashbulbs going off as he threw his first pitcher nearly blinding.

I live seven hours away and bought tickets about 6 weeks out, just lucked out.

Captain13
09-02-2010, 11:23 AM
The most exciting debuts I can remember (in no particular order) are Chapman, Bailey, Griffey and Larkin. I don't recall Dunn, Wily Mo, Guzman, Votto or several others. Maybe someone can help fill me in.

bigredmechanism
09-02-2010, 01:06 PM
Cueto's debut was pretty beast, too. Bruce also.

BigPoppa
09-02-2010, 03:20 PM
I saw Travis Wood's MLB debut my first trip to Wrigley Field. That was notable on two points.

Captain13
09-02-2010, 03:29 PM

I'm with you. I remember those games due to the results, but I think the question is as much about the hype. Now that I think about it, Bruce was pretty hyped coming in.

Krawhitham
09-02-2010, 04:43 PM
The crowd went nuts for Bailey & Bruce too. Only guy to have a down beat debut lately was Votto and he is the best of the 4 so far

Krawhitham
09-02-2010, 04:49 PM

Cueto's debut was lowest attended game that season(11,987), the two games after opening day are always bad

Biff Pocoroba
09-02-2010, 05:00 PM
does Pete Rose's return to Cincinnati as player/manager count?

justincredible
09-02-2010, 05:03 PM

Yup, I was at Bailey's and Chapman's. Both were incredible.

bagz
09-02-2010, 05:21 PM
I'm not sure what Eric The Red did in his first game but that 87 season he was being compared to Willie Mays.