PDA

View Full Version : Question for Reds Fans

mckbearcat48
09-01-2010, 04:22 PM
How was the atmosphere in the stadium when Chapman came in? I would have liked to see it instead of the Cardinals epic failing against Wandy.

knoonan991
09-01-2010, 04:28 PM
Here's something I jotted down as soon as I got home last night:

Last night seemed like something that could only have come from Hollywood. My brother and I were in row A of the bleachers pretty close to the bullpen (in fact we're in a ton of pictures since we were in the seats directly above the radar gun). The anticipation continued to build the entire game. With every phone ring in the bullpen, you could hear a pin drop from around my section. Everyone had the feeling they were going to soon witness something special and it certainly lived up to expectations. As Chapman finally got up, everyone in the bleachers as well as the lower level next to the bullpen was giddy with excitement. With every pitch he threw, you could hear ooohs and aaahs by the surrounding crowd.

Finally it was time. They showed Chapman warming up on the big screen and then not only our section, but the whole park knew what was about to go down. The applause was deafening! Then the classic Alan Parsons Project tune "Sirius" plays, and he emerges. The place erupts like it was sold out. I had chills through the warmup pitches! (When was the last time anyone cared about warmups from a reliever?!) Great American Ball Park was electric last night and it is something I think I'll remember for the rest of my life. Truly a special moment in Cincinnati sports history regardless of the rest of Chapman's career.

http://a323.yahoofs.com/ymg/ept_sports_mlb_experts__63/ept_sports_mlb_experts-933433842-1283321522.jpg?ymyK4sDDQAZE4en3

My brother and I are in the Reds shirts directly above the gun.

KOBasinger
09-01-2010, 04:35 PM
I was in right field last night (lower section) and it felt like a sellout when Chapman came out. The 19k seemed like 40k fans screaming and cheering. Quite amazing. One of the best nights at GABP I have ever been to. Me and my friends were also on TV because the Weeks homer landed right in front of us and we stayed to get on camera for the post game show. Awesome night.

mckbearcat48
09-01-2010, 04:35 PM
That's awesome. When McGwire came to STL, it was like that...everything Mac did was applauded crazily.

Captain13
09-01-2010, 04:45 PM
knoonan, I guess your famous now. Your mug has been on every major sports site and channel in America (and a few news ones, as well).

knoonan991
09-01-2010, 04:54 PM
knoonan, I guess your famous now. Your mug has been on every major sports site and channel in America (and a few news ones, as well).

I guess so. :D

http://www.foxsportsohio.com/pages/video?PID=ZqyNdewLI_SRR8nabTR5HiYsqM6y9_46

Here's a cool video showing a press box view of his entrance.

AintlifeGrande
09-01-2010, 05:02 PM
It had to have been electric.I bet ya'll were in on the Thom and Chris chant during the post game show too.:D

KOBasinger
09-01-2010, 05:08 PM
It had to have been electric.I bet ya'll were in on the Thom and Chris chant during the post game show too.:D

Yup, that was us:D