PDA

View Full Version : Fireballing

bigredmechanism
09-01-2010, 10:49 PM
That is all.

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66827

edit: sorry Mods, i didn't realize that was against the rules.

/it was a screenshot of 104mph.

Vottomatic
09-01-2010, 10:50 PM
I think this thread should be locked and stickied. :D

bigredmechanism
09-01-2010, 10:56 PM
I really still need to remind myself that this is happening. Cincy is such a storied franchise, but aside from epic feats like Vandermeer/Seaver/Rijo/Soto, etc. we've been a hitting franchise with little pitching success. This guy is the REAL DEAL and I can't believe he's pitching for the REDS! Can't wait to see him challenge some big time sluggers.

To be honest I'm not sure if his fastball is better than that slider. That thing is so filthy that he may not even need a changeup. Chapman is like a lefty Marmol but with control and even more speed.

Captain13
09-02-2010, 10:40 AM
I really still need to remind myself that this is happening. Cincy is such a storied franchise, but aside from epic feats like Vandermeer/Seaver/Rijo/Soto, etc. we've been a hitting franchise with little pitching success. This guy is the REAL DEAL and I can't believe he's pitching for the REDS! Can't wait to see him challenge some big time sluggers.

To be honest I'm not sure if his fastball is better than that slider. That thing is so filthy that he may not even need a changeup. Chapman is like a lefty Marmol but with control and even more speed.

I know, the Reds have back-to-back no-nos and a perfect game, but ZERO Cy Young winnner. If Chap can stay healthy, maybe he can be our first. :thumbup: