PDA

View Full Version : Catchers Appreciation Thread

bigredmechanism
09-02-2010, 01:35 AM
How good have these guys been?

Hitting/fielding/clutch we are bar none at the position. I think a lot of us thought catcher was a weak position going into the year (I was one of them,) but they have went beyond the call. Awesome.

Vottomatic
09-02-2010, 06:37 AM
Well, not exaggerating, I've felt that Hernandez and Hanigan, together, was possibly the top catching in all of mlb. Atleast top 3 or 5, but possibly the best.

By platooning, it keeps these guys fresh. And they both are strong defensively, and decent offensively. And they call good games for the most part.

Definitely a strong suit of this team.

Captain13
09-02-2010, 07:34 AM
There isn't a pair of catchers in MLB I would trade away H & H for. These guys just keep getting it done.

mattfeet
09-02-2010, 08:14 AM
Bring Hernandez back next year, IMO. H&H are an outstanding platoon.

-Matt

bounty37h
09-02-2010, 11:44 AM
Good call and thread!! :beerme: I have been very impressed with our duo, have come through in clutch times and been consistent behind the plate this year.

Hanover
09-02-2010, 02:25 PM
Reds catchers ranks in the NL (major league ranks in parentheses):
BA- 1st (2nd)
OBP- 2nd (3rd)
SLG- 4th (7th)
OPS- 2nd (4th)
RBI- 2nd (2nd)

All 3 of the "2nds" are behind Atlanta (McCann mostly).

Definitely a great year for Reds catchers.

BigPoppa
09-02-2010, 03:08 PM
Love me some H & H. Some questioned the platooning, but it has kept them both fresh and productive.

Let's not forget big ups to Corky for stepping in and stepping up when the other two were hurt !!!!

mlh1981
09-02-2010, 04:22 PM
I remember they said Ramon had a poor attitude.

Here in Cincinnati, he has been the complete opposite of that.

As for Hanigan, there are few others I'd want up to bat with runners in scoring position.

Kingspoint
09-02-2010, 05:09 PM
You can't win a World Series without very good, if not great, catching.

bagz
09-02-2010, 05:16 PM
Well, not exaggerating, I've felt that Hernandez and Hanigan, together, was possibly the top catching in all of mlb. Atleast top 3 or 5, but possibly the best.

By platooning, it keeps these guys fresh. And they both are strong defensively, and decent offensively. And they call good games for the most part.

Definitely a strong suit of this team.

These guys have been fantastic. The platoon has really worked out well. Catching takes a toll on the body over the course of a season. The platoon has kept both of them fresher.:thumbup:

mckbearcat48
09-03-2010, 04:10 PM
I have to give credit to Ramon Hernandez. I thought he was done, but he's had a good year. With Hanigan in tow, both guys stay fresh.

AintlifeGrande
09-03-2010, 05:05 PM
Dang ya'll,show Corky a little love as well.Calls a great game,and held his own with the stick too.

gedred69
09-05-2010, 01:01 AM
As good as these 2 (Okay 3 counting Corky), the thing that is really mind-boggling, is how many top-flight catching prospect the Reds have in the tube! Alot of people are aware of Mesoraco's quickening, but besides Grandal (#1 draft), look at some of the others' Minor league stats! Can't have too much pitching? How about catching?......ummmm powerful trade bait!!