PDA

View Full Version : How Big of a Reds Fan Are You?

camisadelgolf
09-02-2010, 08:25 AM
Basically what I'm asking is, "What is the craziest, most outrageous thing you do to show support for your team?"

Do any of you have a voodoo doll of Albert Pujols?

Maybe same of you have Reds tattoos on your ankles or shaved the wishbone 'C' into your facial hair.

Have any of you named your firstborn daughter 'Aroldis'? Have any of you forgotten to pick up said daughter at daycare because the game was on?

So I'll ask again--how big of a fan are you? What odd things have you done in the name of the Cincinnati Reds?

camisadelgolf
09-02-2010, 08:28 AM
My girlfriend sleeps with a Cincinnati Reds Build-A-Bear every night.

_Sir_Charles_
09-02-2010, 08:58 AM
She calls you her little "build a bear"? :O)

Homer Bailey
09-02-2010, 09:35 AM
I bleed Red.

camisadelgolf
09-02-2010, 11:33 AM
She calls you her little "build a bear"? :O)
I wish. You should hear what she calls me when I forget to call her. I'd rather fight a bear than deal with her wrath.

camisadelgolf
09-02-2010, 11:34 AM
I bleed Red.
INTENSE

Tommyjohn25
09-02-2010, 11:34 AM
I just named my new puppy "Larkin".

creek14
09-02-2010, 12:34 PM
We have a cat named Dunner. In hindsight... :cool:

OnBaseMachine
09-02-2010, 12:37 PM
We have a cat named Dunner. In hindsight... :cool:

Wow, Creek14! Nice to see you posting again. I hope we see you around here more often.

creek14
09-02-2010, 12:43 PM
Thanks. I stop in and read every now and then. Not sure about posting - just had to give my kitty some props today.

Sure enjoying this season - just bought our tix for the last two games of the REGULAR season. Sure there will be many games after those!!

redsmetz
09-02-2010, 12:48 PM
I have the reputation among everyone who knows me that I'm a big baseball fan. People constantly ask me, how'd the Reds do or they'll comment, great game the other night. My kids are the same way. I saw something my oldest daughter wrote on Facebook and a friend of hers in Columbus commented that he'd seen the game on at Applebees in Columbus and thought to himself, "I'll bet Elizabeth saw that!". That same oldest daughter convinced her high school to take Opening Day off (they were due a day, day after school play, end of quarter, etc, - but it made a lot of sense and makes for a great tale).

In 1976, I worked for a trucking company that covered the Northeast. The clerk in Baltimore was a huge Yankees fan and we made a bet. Whichever team one, the other had to buy a case of beer for the winner. At the end of series, he sent a case of Carling Black Label on the next incoming trailer. Fortunately we were licensed to haul alcohol!

My grandma cried when Frank Robinson was traded.

No funky stuff, but everyone knows I'm a huge fan.

camisadelgolf
09-02-2010, 12:53 PM
My grandma cried when Frank Robinson was traded.
Wow, that's a good one. I might cry if the Reds moved away from Cincinnati, but I don't think I would even tear up if any of my favorite players were to die unexpectedly.

Tommyjohn25
09-02-2010, 12:59 PM
I will promise everyone that if the Reds win the World Series, I will bawl like a toddler who didn't get their way. I will be more than happy to post videos too. :)

RedLegSuperStar
09-02-2010, 01:10 PM
I went my first game in the summer of '88 and haven't stop loving this team. Mind you I was 5. Next year I started T-Ball and started collecting Reds baseball cards. Which led to collecting Griffey Jr. which my collection is at about 600 cards. 3 years ago I got Mr. Redlegs tattoo'd on the arm and the wishbone 'C' on my elbow. I got season tickets that year as well. Made a streak of 3 straight Opening Days.. Snapped this year. Heading to GABP for Pete's night on 9/11. I own a Pete Rose jersey, Aroldis Chapman (bought in March), and Junior. I collect anything and everything Reds. My fiancÚ thinks I'm obsesed..

Red in Chicago
09-02-2010, 01:12 PM
I have a Reds tat with number 14 inside of a wishbone c on my arm

BoydsOfSummer
09-02-2010, 01:13 PM
I've worn a Reds hat practically everyday of my life in public for the last ten years without shame.

Roy Tucker
09-02-2010, 01:15 PM
I moved to Cincinnati. ;)

Edd Roush
09-02-2010, 01:18 PM
Not sure if I compare to many on this board, but I did convince four friends to go to Opening Day 2009 with me and stand in the near freezing cold through the Findlay Market Parade and buy standing room only seats and camp out under the smoke stacks for the game. I have been to 18 games this year so far and would probably empty my bank account to go to all of the home games and road trip to the away games.

I have waited my whole life to see the Reds in the playoffs.

edabbs44
09-02-2010, 01:24 PM
I am having a baby a week from today and the name will be Walter Jock for a boy and Roberta Castellina for a girl.

mdccclxix
09-02-2010, 01:27 PM
I trade a Reds season's worth of TV time for the likes of Gray's Anatomy and The Bachelor during the winter with my wife. It's only fair because she doesn't really care about baseball and nor do I Meredith Gray (she's such a *****! just kidding.)

OnBaseMachine
09-02-2010, 01:31 PM
I've been a Reds fan since the day I was born. I'm 23 years old, so this season feels extra special considering how bad the Reds have been for most of my life. I live about 3:45 to 4 hours from Cincinnati but still attend around 8-10 games a season and watch the rest of the games on TV. I hope to one day move to Cincinnati so I can attend nearly every home game.

cumberlandreds
09-02-2010, 01:37 PM
I'm 5-11 and weigh about 215. Is that big enough for you? ;)

As my signature says, I have been a Reds fan since 1971. I have stuck with them through thick and thin over nearly 40 years. I grew about 5 hours or so from Cincinnati. So I have been a so called "out of town fan" all my life. I moved to the DC area about 20 years ago but maintained my Reds loyalty even though I now live a long way away. Internet and Satellite TV has helped me stay closely in tune to Reds news and I'm sure I will be a Reds fan until the day I die.

westofyou
09-02-2010, 02:01 PM
How big a Reds fan am I?

I know who and what Hick Carpenter was/is.

camisadelgolf
09-02-2010, 02:33 PM
How big a Reds fan am I?

I know who and what Hick Carpenter was/is.
But do you know his UZR?

thatcoolguy_22
09-02-2010, 02:38 PM
I grew up in Savannah and had to defend the Reds every year of my childhood against Braves/Cubs fans. My 2 australian shepherds are named Votto/Cueto. I spend more money paying to watch baseball on tv or in person than I do for my car.

VR
09-02-2010, 02:43 PM
I've broken more than a few workplace rules over the years regarding watching TV and use of the internet on company time.

We used to get season stats for players once a week when I was growing up, in the Sunday paper.
I kept a notebook for the Reds players that I updated after every game with their new year to date stats.

I'm not a fan, I'm an addict, a junkie if you will.

oneupper
09-02-2010, 02:50 PM
How big a REDS fan am I?

Bigger than would be considered "normal" according to my wife.
Not as big as most people on this board.

I did fly 3600 Km (from Caracas) to attend a Redszone Gathering, so my wife has a point. (Totally worth it, BTW. Thanks Creek, nice seeing you again on the board).

mdccclxix
09-02-2010, 03:14 PM
I grew up in Savannah and had to defend the Reds every year of my childhood against Braves/Cubs fans. My 2 australian shepherds are named Votto/Cueto. I spend more money paying to watch baseball on tv or in person than I do for my car.

This is awesome.

RANDY IN INDY
09-02-2010, 03:22 PM
I've worn a Reds hat practically everyday of my life in public for the last ten years without shame.

Same here, but for nearly 29 years, I've been wearing a Reds cap nearly every day. Really fell in love with the Reds and baseball in the Summer of 1969 when I was 8 years old. Jim and Joe on Reds radio. Pee Wee Reese and Ed Kennedy on the TV. Wore a reds cap all the time until I got to high school and then it wasn't cool. I still wore one around the house when I was listening and watching. So many people have came up to me lately and said, "You must be really happy about the Reds. You've been wearing that cap when they were losing for a long time!"