PDA

View Full Version : Nasty Boys redux

Biff Pocoroba
09-02-2010, 08:35 AM
In this, the 20th anniversary of the Nasty Boys - Charlton, Dibble and Myers - it sure as heck looks like we are seeing its reincarnation with Chapman, Masset and Coco - three guys who have shown lately that they could be the closers on the majority of major league teams. It gets even better if Rhodes can regain his form and serve either as a one inning guy or a loogie.

I have concerns as to whether or not our starting pitching is playoff deep and dominant, but the way things are shaping up, this may be yet another year in which all we ask of our starters is to keep us in the game through the fifth or sixth inning.

ThornWithin81
09-02-2010, 10:33 AM
Masset and Chapman are certainly nasty right now. Coco has come a long way.

I hope we start moving them around a bit. I want to see Chapman in the ninth at least a few times.

realistic
09-03-2010, 12:30 AM
a month ago id have said ondrusek over coco. ive thrown stuff at the tv a lot this year watching coco pitch but over the past month hes done a great job. the bullpen is so deep its ridiculous. id say our pen , if chapman is as good as we all think, is better than the 90 teams

Hanover
09-03-2010, 12:21 PM
No matter how much we want it, Coco will not be moved out of the 9th inning. I am actually OK with it, as long as after a week or so Chapman is used in high leverage situations.