PDA

View Full Version : postseason tickets options I have 8

Altsciguy
09-02-2010, 03:37 PM
hello, I have the option for tickets on 8 bleacher seats (2 sets of 4). I certainly can not afford all 8, I am not sure I can even swing 2 right now. simple, money is tight. I was going to do nothing and let them go back to the Reds, maybe find the money for 2. My wife said it was a shame to let the options just go and said I should ask around if anyone would be interested in them. Either for themselves or to speculate. So.... I know it is complicated and not sure how it would work but... if anyone has ideas or interest let me know. if not then they will just go back to the reds.

Altsciguy
09-02-2010, 03:40 PM
sections 404 and 403 rows D and F below the Kroger K's. Nice seats really. Yell at Johnny Gomes lol

PhatHead
09-02-2010, 03:50 PM
Would be selling a set for a series or just for 1 game? I'd definitely be interested in 4 seats for 1 game.

PhatHead

swaisuc
09-02-2010, 03:53 PM
I sent you a PM. I'm interested and thanks for posting this.

NeilHamburger
09-02-2010, 03:56 PM
Don't worry this is Cincy, a terrible sports town, and an even worse baseball town. If they play during a weekday night they'll probably get about 25,000 down there.

Wiggidy
09-02-2010, 03:59 PM
Don't worry this is Cincy, a terrible sports town, and an even worse baseball town. If they play during a weekday night they'll probably get about 25,000 down there.

Every city in the nation with a professional team would be a terrible sports town if they experienced the last 15 years of Cincinnati failure.

edit: the only exception is the Cubs.

justincredible
09-02-2010, 04:32 PM
I dropped you a PM. I am interested in buying 2 tickets to every game throughout the playoffs.

RedsLvr
09-02-2010, 04:34 PM

Thats crazy, because I don't know one person in this city that would turn down a chance go to down to the ballgame.

cscott81
09-02-2010, 04:39 PM
I would be interested in 2 tickets to the first playoff game if available.

IndyReds1977
09-02-2010, 09:06 PM
I would take a pair to any game.

NeilHamburger
09-02-2010, 09:37 PM
Thats crazy, because I don't know one person in this city that would turn down a chance go to down to the ballgame.

Well, I don't know what everyone is waiting for then. This team drawing under 20,000 per game for that Brewers series is disgraceful. I'd applaud any player calling out the city the way Carl Crawford did to Tampa.

BMGreene20
09-02-2010, 10:26 PM
I would take any allotment to any game in the first round!

Altsciguy
09-03-2010, 03:48 PM
Hello,
I have spoken to a couple people and had some PM me here. I have come up with the following. I saw someone asking for tickets on craigslist. They wanted to purchase from a season ticket holder doing basically the following. I would rather have this done here because well, I am motivated by wanting to help Reds fans, and find some help for myself so I can go to the games also and not a purely money making venture. I would not want to do this if it was just to get more tickets into ticket dealer hands. (I can not assure against that but.... so here it goes

I have season ticket holder options for tickets on 6 seats for the Reds post season. Because this is an option, you would need to buy tickets through me as per the Reds policy for ticket sales. So here is the offer:

1.) You must pay for all 7 tickets for each seat you purchase. These will be for all potential games during the Divisional series (3 tickets) and the Championship series (4 tickets). (I am not selling individual tickets). The cost will be face value of the tickets plus a 30% of face value fee. Refunds for games not played will be made based on Reds policy and timing. Refunds will be for face value and may include part, or all, of the 30% fee. (My intention is to refund as much as I can for each unplayed game, but it will be coming back through me from the Reds. I have spoken to the Reds sales rep. and he told me that while the roll-over option to next year’s season tickets is the default. That I will be able to opt for refunds) Here is the link to seating and pricing for the post season.
http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/cin/ticketing/postseason_seating_pricing.jsp

2.) All funds must be collected and clear my bank by Thurs. Sept. 9th. This will enable me to purchase tickets as soon as I can on Fri. morning. The goal is to get the best seats we can.

3.) If you participate and buy the tickets then you will have a similar option for World Series tickets. (Again from my conversation with the Reds sales rep. “the World Series tickets are separate from the National league series tickets. No refunds can be rolled over to the World Series tickets.”)

4.) On Fri. Sept. 10th I will be able to purchase tickets anywhere in the stadium that are available. With that in mind, if there were 6 people (or 3 at two tickets each) who wanted higher priced tickets I may accept their offer over a bleachers offer. I will not do any “standing room only” offers.

I am not a scalper or ticket dealer. I am a bleacher bum with partial season tickets. Because I am a partial season ticket holder I have the season ticket holder options from the Reds for the post season. I simply cannot afford to buy these tickets and thus use the option. My first thought was that it is a shame that I have to pass on this opportunity. A friend said that it was a shame and that it would be nice if I could pass the opportunity on to someone else. So in short I am offering season ticket holder privileges to you, through me. The 30% fee will go to purchasing 2 tickets for myself. Beyond my tickets I have no intention or desire to make money on this deal. You get the security of knowing you can get tickets to all postseason games and the World Series if the Reds continue winning. I get my tickets to continue watching the Reds at Great American Ballpark. I will deal with you honestly and to the best of my ability but ultimately you are dealing with the Reds, through me, as if you were a season ticket holder. So timing of refunds, having tickets in hand, etc. will be dictated by the Reds.
My hope is that all parties can benefit, without being raked over the coals by scalpers or jerked around with drawings. Get a group together and make a deal amongst yourselves for individual tickets and send one person to me to do the package. I apologize for the 30% fee but I cannot go through the trouble of using my bank account (the tickets must be purchased through a credit card with my Reds account address. ), my Reds account and the rest of my effort just to not be able to go myself. Thank you for understanding and if I buy a lottery ticket between now and then and win big then it will all be on me. Until then this is the best I can do. Any questions please ask. Thank you, Rick

I would like to find people and start this during the beginning of next week so we can be ready by Fri. morning first thing in hopes of getting the best seats.
Thanks again,
Rick

Altsciguy
09-04-2010, 07:57 AM
sorry all tickets are spoken for and a couple people in and waiting if a deal falls through. Thank you. Sorry if you missed this chance. I doubt any will come availible again but if they do I would come back here. Thank you again