PDA

View Full Version : Home field advantage throughout the playoffs.

Kingspoint
09-03-2010, 09:14 PM
The Division is already won.

We have the best record in the NL.

Time to secure that and extend our leads over Atlanta and San Diego.

Kingspoint
09-03-2010, 09:16 PM
1/2 game over Atlanta.

1-1/2 over the Padres going into tonight.

Fullboat
09-04-2010, 03:39 AM
And both these teams not so good on the road.:D

Kingspoint
09-04-2010, 03:55 AM
1/2 game over Atlanta.

1-1/2 over the Padres going into tonight.

Nothing changed as all three teams lost Friday.

will5979
09-04-2010, 09:55 AM
Nothing changed as all three teams lost Friday.

Don't worry all this will be different on Monday morning after our head case hindends are swept this weekend. I've never seen the beat before in my life at how the Reds are letting this damn St.L club psychologically beat them every damn time.

malcontent
09-04-2010, 01:33 PM

If they win it will they (Reds fans) come?

ThornWithin81
09-04-2010, 03:12 PM

I think we might come up just short. It would be a shame to be 1GB of Atlanta for Homefield considering the come from behind win they had off of us.

New York Red
09-04-2010, 11:15 PM
Don't worry all this will be different on Monday morning after our head case hindends are swept this weekend.
:dunno:

takealeake
09-04-2010, 11:18 PM
I still don't want to play Philly in a possible wild card matchup. Quite frankly with our rotation, we might be in the worst shape of the playoffs because depth in your rotation doesn't mean jack in the playoffs, but having just a couple of really good starters is a HUGE difference. Do we really want to go into the postseason playing Halladay and Oswalt game 1 and 2? Not me. I hope Philly passes the Bravos, and we can play them, because I feel a LOT better about playing them, especially with their poor road record.

RedsLvr
09-05-2010, 01:11 PM
I want Colorado to make a run for the wildcard and play them in the playoffs. They're terrible on the road.

takealeake
09-05-2010, 01:26 PM
I want Colorado to make a run for the wildcard and play them in the playoffs. They're terrible on the road.

I don't, because that probably means they'll do it at our expense with the series starting tomorrow.

RedsLvr
09-05-2010, 01:27 PM
I don't, because that probably means they'll do it at our expense with the series starting tomorrow.

I'm not sure St Louis is even going to finish over .500 for the year. I don't mind if Colorado takes 3/4 from us. :p:

takealeake
09-05-2010, 01:36 PM
I'm not sure St Louis is even going to finish over .500 for the year. I don't mind if Colorado takes 3/4 from us. :p:

Then we won't be playing them for the wildcard probably, because we won't have the best NL record.

RedsLvr
09-05-2010, 01:43 PM
Then we won't be playing them for the wildcard probably, because we won't have the best NL record.

True, Atlanta still gets to play the Cards four times. I guess we really need to step it up if we want to get home field.

Kingspoint
09-05-2010, 10:56 PM
It's Monday Morning and we still have the best record in the National League.

mlh1981
09-06-2010, 12:24 PM
"The road to the WORLD SERIES will be going through Cincinnati."

Sure has a nice ring to it :D

redlegs2370
09-06-2010, 01:17 PM

I think St. Louis is about to go on a big time run. I think they will go 5-2 or 6-1 on this 7 game road trip. They still have the heart of a champion and aren't going to go down lightly. The Reds need to continue to win series and it will not matter how hot the Cardinals get but I don't think you can say the Reds have won the division.

Seņor Rojo
09-06-2010, 03:10 PM
I think St. Louis is about to go on a big time run. I think they will go 5-2 or 6-1 on this 7 game road trip. They still have the heart of a champion and aren't going to go down lightly. The Reds need to continue to win series and it will not matter how hot the Cardinals get but I don't think you can say the Reds have won the division.

It's a sobering thought, but remember they just ran out their three best starters against us and they do not have any breaks during the road trip. That means 4 starts by Westbrook/Lohse combined. They're also playing the Braves in Atlanta. Their collapse against the Nationals, Pirates and Astros really hurt them both in the standings and in morale.