PDA

View Full Version : If we lose today...

will5979
09-04-2010, 09:32 AM
And I'm Dusty Baker I hand the ball to Aroldis Chapman to start Sunday's game and say do what you did to Milwaukee as long as you possibly can.

We must win one of these games or we are in trouble. Chapman is an ace in the hole that needs to be used properly. I don't like this guy being used out of the pen. This is the time of the year when he could be in the rotation and do some SERIOUS damage.

snowstorm
09-04-2010, 09:40 AM
No way I put Chapman out there to start.... that's an arm injury waiting to happen. People are panicking too much... even if the Cards sweep the series they are still 5 back and they have to go back out on the road where they haven't been able to win all year. Oh yeah.. did I mention that they have to face the Braves for 4 games?

It's all moot anyway because I don't think the Cards will sweep this series.

will5979
09-04-2010, 09:49 AM
No way I put Chapman out there to start.... that's an arm injury waiting to happen. People are panicking too much... even if the Cards sweep the series they are still 5 back and they have to go back out on the road where they haven't been able to win all year. Oh yeah.. did I mention that they have to face the Braves for 4 games?

You're damn right I'm panicked, remember the egg the Reds laid in 1999 at the end of September after all that buildup over the summer? I can't help but replay it over and over again in my mind. Its sucks that we have lost back to back Arroyo starts because the damn offense won't give him any run support.

As far as Chapman starting, there is only a month left in the season, I'm willing lay it all out on the line this year, go balls out and try to win the whole thing. Next year we may not be luckily. Mr. Opportunity doesn't knock twice, this year we have it, and need to go for it. If a few guys gets busted along the way, so be it, small price to pay for glory that would last forever in Reds history, they'll get their due when they are enshrined one day in the Reds HOF, and management could give them a couple of hundred dollars for the inconvienice.

crazyjdawg
09-04-2010, 11:51 AM
You're damn right I'm panicked, remember the egg the Reds laid in 1999 at the end of September after all that buildup over the summer? I can't help but replay it over and over again in my mind. Its sucks that we have lost back to back Arroyo starts because the damn offense won't give him any run support.

As far as Chapman starting, there is only a month left in the season, I'm willing lay it all out on the line this year, go balls out and try to win the whole thing. Next year we may not be luckily. Mr. Opportunity doesn't knock twice, this year we have it, and need to go for it. If a few guys gets busted along the way, so be it, small price to pay for glory that would last forever in Reds history, they'll get their due when they are enshrined one day in the Reds HOF, and management could give them a couple of hundred dollars for the inconvienice.

You'd sacrifice the best pitching prospect we've had in decades just to "ensure" a playoff birth that we are all but guaranteed anyway?

I'd rather the Reds go 0-28 and miss the playoffs than ruin such an amazing pitching prospect.

ThornWithin81
09-04-2010, 12:11 PM
No. Absolutely not. You hand the ball to your scheduled starter and act like a professional. To say that you would rather burn up Chapman trying to win it now than experience 1999 again is absolutely lunacy. This time next year Chapman might be running away with the Cy Young Award. We might have an even bigger lead in this division. Don't risk the future for this season.

I don't know why people are treating this series like it's win or go home.

athinnes
09-04-2010, 12:16 PM
We must win one of these games or we are in trouble.

No, we would be 5 games up in the division with 26 games to play. This is far from "being in trouble".

I know it hurts to lose 3 straight to these guys, but you have to think with your brain and not your emotions. The fact is, even with a sweep the Reds are in prime position to make the playoffs and we don't need to be messing with Chapman's arm for the chance of staying 7 games up instead of 5.

New York Red
09-04-2010, 12:43 PM

Preach it, brother! :beerme:

NorrisHopper30
09-04-2010, 01:12 PM
If we lose today's game, we are 6 games up.

Natty Redlocks
09-04-2010, 01:21 PM

I'm actually surprised more people aren't thinking along these lines. I'm not saying they should do it, but the one thing this team lacks is a scary playoff starter, and Chapman would def. fill the bill IF he was ready. I'm sure they're tempted to stretch him out and go for it. Also, you only have to move two letters to change "Aroldis Chapman" to "A hold is crap, man", which is definitely a sign that he should be in the starting rotation. Just kidding. Bottom line, it's been a really fun season so far, and the thing to do is relax and enjoy whatever happens; it's a great time to be a Reds fan.

Fullboat
09-04-2010, 01:37 PM
Cincinnati 96.3% making the playoffs
St. Louis 19.7 % making the playoffs

This is after last nights loss
relax the sky has not fallen.

RedsFanInBama
09-04-2010, 02:07 PM
And I'm Dusty Baker I hand the ball to Aroldis Chapman to start Sunday's game and say do what you did to Milwaukee as long as you possibly can.

We must win one of these games or we are in trouble. Chapman is an ace in the hole that needs to be used properly. I don't like this guy being used out of the pen. This is the time of the year when he could be in the rotation and do some SERIOUS damage.

Thank God you're not the manager.

We can lose all three of these games and we are still up five games in the division. Good lord. There is no reason to panic and certainly no reason to do something as foolish as what you suggest.

ThornWithin81
09-04-2010, 03:15 PM
Thank God you're not the manager.

Exactly. :beerme:

Vottomatic
09-04-2010, 08:43 PM

Glad you're not the manager and glad we won today.

You have to remember.........that the Cardinals have no days off the rest of the season, which effectively means that Westbrook and Suppan will start every 4th and 5th day from here on out. That hasn't exactly been working out very well for the Cardinals.

If they had swept the Reds, they still trot those two out the next couple of games after our series, with probably an emotionally drained Cardinals offense............and a hungry team full of September prospects trying to make their mark going against Westbrook and Suppan. It all evens out. Cardinals don't really have a chance unless the Reds completely implode.