PDA

View Full Version : Valaika should start at 2B the next two games

malcontent
09-04-2010, 12:26 PM
Should have started last night as well.

Phillips has been absolutely awful at the dish against the Cardinals in these last four games, essentially killing the O. His head still isn't on straight, and starting him only gets the St. Louis fans all worked up.

Baker should see that and finesse/defuse the issue by starting Valaika.

Orodle
09-04-2010, 12:52 PM
I have more confidence in Valaika's consistency just by comparing the two's swings. You can often get Phillips out by not throwing in the strikezone the entire night. However, I'm not denying his potential for a big night and of course his solid defensive play.

NorrisHopper30
09-04-2010, 01:14 PM
My bud was at a bar in St Louis last night and the Reds showed up. He said Phillips hand is still noticeably swollen.

malcontent
09-04-2010, 02:08 PM
My bud was at a bar in St Louis last night and the Reds showed up. He said Phillips hand is still noticeably swollen.
Then it's even crazier for Baker to be starting him.

Why isn't this obvious?

The Cardinals have seemed to be wanting an early vacation this year. Don't ignite them.

Fullboat
09-04-2010, 02:57 PM
Because after what he said about the Cards he had to start.

Brisco
09-04-2010, 03:55 PM
Should have started last night as well.

Phillips has been absolutely awful at the dish against the Cardinals in these last four games, essentially killing the O. His head still isn't on straight, and starting him only gets the St. Louis fans all worked up.

Baker should see that and finesse/defuse the issue by starting Valaika.

Such a move would not defuse it, but ignite it. Dusty knows that a confident BP is far more imporant to this team than the one game difference that might result from having a distracted Phillips play in all three games. [Anyone who thinks that we should be able to come into STL against three of the best SP in the league and part of a heated rivalry and win even 2 of the 3 games is drinking too much of the koolaid.]

If you benched BPhil, he would have had the media all over him claiming cowardice or hypocrasy. He starts to press way to hard in EVERY game to prove the rumors wrong... Now he plays, and maybe he stinks for a series... he has done that a lot this year even when totally healthy... but he always bounces back.

Again I am left with a single thought... thank the baseball Gods that Dusty more courageous than us fans.